FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Skorpio_King
    5199 posts Big Money Move
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    **** you @officialpes your game is rubbish. Taken major stadiums for what? Not like you’ll ever beat fifa. **** off

LMAOOOOOOO I feel this reply to his tweet.

He's spot on lmao

Why Bayern, no point at all with no Bundesliga

I mean PES is essentially an empty game, they have to make up teams essentially, also what on earth is EA going to do if Munich wins the bid for the UCL, have a UCL final in a generic stadium?? Straight up disaster.

Also literally every competition that Bayern play in is SPONSORED BY EA, Swear to God our board is BRAINDEAD

What a big failure by EA. No words...
  • Bavarian_Star_11
    87 posts Park Captain
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    **** you @officialpes your game is rubbish. Taken major stadiums for what? Not like you’ll ever beat fifa. **** off

He's spot on lmao

Why Bayern, no point at all with no Bundesliga

I mean PES is essentially an empty game, they have to make up teams essentially, also what on earth is EA going to do if Munich wins the bid for the UCL, have a UCL final in a generic stadium?? Straight up disaster.

Also literally every competition that Bayern play in is SPONSORED BY EA, Swear to God our board is BRAINDEAD

What a big failure by EA. No words...

It's an incredible failure, you sponsor literally every competition my club partipates in, and you lose the license for it? Idk who to be more pissed at, EA for letting it happen, Bayern for deciding to go with Konami, or Konami for signing an agreement when they have a total of like 4 clubs in their game? They'll all share my anger I guess, wish Konami would just rot and die tbh they're useless.
  • So I suppose it's time to sum up all of EAs failures this year since they just keep piling up, probably the worst FIFA ever released is a start, get into a dispute with Nike and stop adding Nike boots to the game, gameplay is horrid, lose the licenses to arguably the 4 biggest teams in Spain (haven't had it for a while), Germany, England, and Italy (most likely). This is a collosal failure. Did I miss anything?
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    So I suppose it's time to sum up all of EAs failures this year since they just keep piling up, probably the worst FIFA ever released is a start, get into a dispute with Nike and stop adding Nike boots to the game, gameplay is horrid, lose the licenses to arguably the 4 biggest teams in Spain (haven't had it for a while), Germany, England, and Italy (most likely). This is a collosal failure. Did I miss anything?

What are you talking about??
    You'll get FIFA Street back in FIFA 20. :smile:
    That's MORE than the worth of the lost licences, by SOME margin!
  • Disgruntledas
    513 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well what do you expect PES are proactive making announcements and hyping there game, where as we get ducking pitch notes which are **** and mean nothing to me, because it’s always about FUT... Like you are a multi million dollar company, hype up your game with showing us some faces and features, dont just show us one Volta trailer until gamescom lol
  • Bouboe112
    449 posts Sunday League Hero
    **** this is pathetic from ea. No camp nou and now no allianz arena and maybe no juve stadium ? What the f.
  • aliheidari2520
    89 posts Park Captain

I don't understand people getting angry at Konami and pes because of exclusive licences !!!
    this is what EA started !! exclusive licences to make other games incomplete !
    and now EA got 10% of that prevention, back to their own game !
    one side punch another one 10 time , and another one punch back him 1 time !
    and you blame the second side because of that single punch !!!
  • **** you @officialpes your game is rubbish. Taken major stadiums for what? Not like you’ll ever beat fifa. **** off

I don't understand people getting angry at Konami and pes because of exclusive licences !!!

Well yeah..... **** PES they should just fade into the darkness, the game blows anyway.
  • aliheidari2520
    89 posts Park Captain

Well yeah..... **** PES they should just fade into the darkness, the game blows anyway.

completely reasonable !! :|
  • ManzGOTIT
    2264 posts Fans' Favourite

True but it is just frustrating
  • **** you @officialpes your game is rubbish. Taken major stadiums for what? Not like you’ll ever beat fifa. **** off

You want an incomplete game because PES buys licenses? Yes EA should have done more but EA is trying to make a complete game and PES is the one ruining that lmao, EA does need to improve but PES is just taking licenses from them. It's pointless when you put it in a shell of a game.
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 11
    Almost FUT players don't care about stadium. They only care about whether shadow make them annoying.
    Therefore, Losing stadium is not a huge burden to EA.
  • Disgruntledas
    513 posts An Exciting Prospect

You want an incomplete game because PES buys licenses? Yes EA should have done more but EA is trying to make a complete game and PES is the one ruining that lmao, EA does need to improve but PES is just taking licenses from them. It's pointless when you put it in a shell of a game.

I get you’re upset, but it’s a free market, if Fifa didn’t have competition, trust me the game we’d get would be horrible. They were the ones who instigated buying licenses, so I suppose they made their bed now they have to sleep in it. If that means we the consumer are losing out, good don’t buy the game, then maybe they’ll realise their company isn’t so hot anymore. But so far what PES has shown **** on the nothingness fifa has 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Harienun
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Both the companies EA and Konami should agree and stop these **** exclusive deals with Leagues and teams. Then there will be an increase in competition and the quality of the game. Think how nice to have Premier League in both the games. See NBA for example both 2k and EA have done the deals.
  • Bavarian_Star_11
    87 posts Park Captain
    Harienun wrote: »
    Both the companies EA and Konami should agree and stop these **** exclusive deals with Leagues and teams. Then there will be an increase in competition and the quality of the game. Think how nice to have Premier League in both the games. See NBA for example both 2k and EA have done the deals.

Couldn't agree more, they honestly should be just straight up competing not whatever the **** is happening now, give the people two real choices. Obviously being here I'd side with FIFA but for Bayern fans who like PES they should have the stadium and player scans too, and for the ones who like FIFA We should have the stadium and scans as well. Exclusive deals are just absurd at this point.
  • aliheidari2520
    89 posts Park Captain

well said,
    and we (customers) should put pressure on them to stop these exclusive things ...
    by giving feedback and even not buying the game ...
    I am sure Konami wish both can share licences (because they have far less) and EA is the one who disagrees with two fully licenced game ... so the pressure should be on EA.
  • Bavarian_Star_11
    87 posts Park Captain

well said,
    and we (customers) should put pressure on them to stop these exclusive things ...
    I am sure Konami wish both can share licences (because they have far less) and EA is the one who disagrees with two fully licenced game ... so the pressure should be on EA.

I think the biggest Kickstarter of it all was the Exclusive UCL rights that PES won in 2009, before that it hadn't really necessarily been locked up by anyone, PES then hit the Barca license, and before you know it we basically have a battle of the brands. EA being larger and significantly better funded hit back in the best way they knew how, buying anything and everything, and making it exclusive. This whole situation is a result of this battle of the brands, if EAs intent is to "break" Konami, they need to spend A LOT more for that, but if both parties agree to share major league and team licenses, everybody wins, will it happen? Hopefully. Is it gonna be this year hell no, but if we don't want to see the constant switching of licenses then they'll have to agree to share, or one company will end up in collapse.
  • henryclay1844
    931 posts Professional
    edited July 12
    Well I will never buy PES again, I am done with this exclusive garbage. EA deserve it because of their greed and their incompetence, but I'm not going to reward the same trash move by an inferior game. Disgusting day for football.
  • Bavarian_Star_11
    87 posts Park Captain
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    This is complete BS... Been waiting for years to get the Bundesliga treatment which doesn’t even seem likely now and we’ve now lost the Allianz Arena. What good is the Bundesliga and Champions league liscences if you’re playing in generic stadiums of iconic teams?

Completely ruined any potential hope for fifa20. Clown show.

I couldn't agree more, I've been waiting for the Bundesliga scan for forever. And now EA **** it all up in one go. This **** is pathetic and embarrassing, and it hurts a lot obviously being a Bayern fan, I'm just dissapointed in all parties involved, such an avoidable situation but here we are.
  • Futbol22
    834 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 12
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    This is complete BS... Been waiting for years to get the Bundesliga treatment which doesn’t even seem likely now and we’ve now lost the Allianz Arena. What good is the Bundesliga and Champions league liscences if you’re playing in generic stadiums of iconic teams?

Completely ruined any potential hope for fifa20. Clown show.

I couldn't agree more, I've been waiting for the Bundesliga scan for forever. And now EA **** it all up in one go. This **** is pathetic and embarrassing, and it hurts a lot obviously being a Bayern fan, I'm just dissapointed in all parties involved, such an avoidable situation but here we are.

Frustrating as hell - this was supposed to be the year it all came together, but as usual EA dumped all over it.

As bad as fifas gameplay can be, pes sucks and you can’t even play with proper teams outside of their partnered ones unless you download some file.

I’m not getting fifa20 and playing with Bayern in some randomly assigned generic last-gen stadium.

Rein Scheiße
  • saturator
    96 posts Park Captain
    EA have so many licences but they do nothing with it's! Look at Manchester United, Marseille, Lyon, Manchester City.
    Konami is really clever : they used the licence to add the stadium, 3D body scan, access to legends, etc....
    They have played, they have lost.
    I only play on carrier mode but they didn't nothing with generic or old starheads and i'm done with that.
    Many EA will react, they know we want good ans fresh starheads. EA, show us you understand what we wanted!
  • Quiffed
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Because PES has a Bayern License, people are now saying it’s not just exclusive, but not that one there is no Bundesliga treatment? Think the worry and panic is making people fear the worst and state things without evidence haha - wait and see, the game ain’t out yet.

I’m more excited to see if other bundesliga teams get faces and stadium, part team I care about in that leaving is Buying Munich haha
  • Jeyj38
    1289 posts Professional
    Happy to see people finally showing their true color!
    So many EA fan boys in here...
    "PES is evil" boo boo. LOL.

We're gonna get the crap game we all deserve.
  • Renatos
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bundesliga probably is scaned but probably not all the stadiums will be in, the same problem Italy has, separate licence for stadium and seperate licence for club(kits,faces etc)
  • Ads_86
    337 posts Sunday League Hero

well said,

I think the biggest Kickstarter of it all was the Exclusive UCL rights that PES won in 2009, before that it hadn't really necessarily been locked up by anyone, PES then hit the Barca license, and before you know it we basically have a battle of the brands. EA being larger and significantly better funded hit back in the best way they knew how, buying anything and everything, and making it exclusive. This whole situation is a result of this battle of the brands, if EAs intent is to "break" Konami, they need to spend A LOT more for that, but if both parties agree to share major league and team licenses, everybody wins, will it happen? Hopefully. Is it gonna be this year hell no, but if we don't want to see the constant switching of licenses then they'll have to agree to share, or one company will end up in collapse.

I know your upset pal but come on, blaming PES for exclusives is just silly. You state it started with PES getting the UCL in 2009... It was actually EA that got the UCL and released a number of SEPARATE games from 2004 to 2007. Separate!!! So that's a FIFA game and a UCL game, trust EA to milk it. PES got the licence and put it into the full game. And as for the Barca licence in 2017, what about ALL the EA exclusive leagues and teams since FIFA games began. EA wanted to bully the market and now they are the ones that have started this. EA got Dortmund to break there contract with PES and made them the darling of showing off the BL. Where as Bayern got a stadium that wasn't accurate, scans not used for the last 3 years... Then PES offer them the chance to be a main licenced club in another game with fill scans and photorealistic stadium. Bayern are a massive club and don't need a game to show them off... But PES isn't massive in Europe but is huge in South America and Asia (PES licencing the Thailand league was just to get sales in that and surrounding countries... Big market)

I agree with you that exclusives should be abolished, every team and league should have a standard fee that they purchase to use the image rights etc. The only person that truly loses out are us guys and gals.

EA started the ball rolling on exclusives, now they have to lay in the bed they've made. I'm a PES and FIFA fan tbh, i buy FIFA and PES every year. I would implore anyone to try PES2020 when the demo comes out, it's very different to FIFA but there's so many small details that are amazing.

PES don't have as many as exclusives so allows them to put more time and effort into the big licences they get. FIFA could learn alot from PES, free dlc data packs throughout the year.

• OldMateCampbell
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am not even remotely surprised that we lost the Allianz, its genuinely embarrassing that EA lets this stuff happen every year. I'm sick of them losing partnerships with major teams like Bayern and Barca, but hey, at least we have the "FULL LA LIGA PACKAGE" despite not having the biggest stadium in the league, and we have the chance of "FULL BUNDESLIGA PACKAGE" which also will now not include the stadium of the biggest team in the league.

I'm not that interested in Volta and UT, and this news just makes me even more frustrated. EA need to stop focusing on scanning every English team every year; including 58-rated players we will never hear of again, and pull their finger out and actually scan the players and clubs people are interested in.

Don't get me wrong, I like any new faces/stadiums etc to be added to the game, but when you're missing two of the world's biggest clubs' stadiums in Bayern and Barca, but you still have Loftus Road, KCOM stadium etc, it just looks like you've got your priorities extremely wrong.
  • Jeyj38
    1289 posts Professional
    EA need to stop focusing on scanning every English team every year; including 58-rated players we will never hear of again, and pull their finger out and actually scan the players and clubs people are interested in.

Soon its gon be all they have left.
  • Tom0307
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I assume the majority of people who are saying **** PES haven't played it. I'd say the gameplay is more enjoyable and feels more like football than FIFA does, but the licenses FIFA has blows it out of the water. That being said, with the smaller budget, the starheads in the game are unreal. Just about everyone you'd want is scanned plus people you don't realise you wanted are in there and absolutely put EA to shame and their handling of licenses far outweighs anything EA bother to do. Not to mention the 6 sets of free DLC they offer throughout the year adding that years new stars etc.

Looking at both of the games I'd say that FIFA is a more European game and PES a South American and Asian game. They have the Thai and Chinese league fully licensed with scans, and a lot of South American leagues included a licensed Brazil league with stadiums. So people in Brazil for example are more likely to buy PES for the same reason a Premier League fan would buy FIFA.

In terms of exclusivity, EA started it and now they're faced with a situation where they have exclusive licesnses for La Liga and the Bundesliga but they don't have the two biggest teams' stadiums which is a sham. They've done their best to monopolise the market in football with all these licenses, and they've ensured no one is allowed to compete with them with Madden and NHL because they have exclusive rights to the leagues so no one else is allowed to make an NFL or NHL game. The only sport where they have fair competition with another company is the NBA, where both 2K and EA have full rights to the NBA and NBA Live is absolutely appalling in comparison to NBA 2K, especially where customisation is concerned.

Really off topic but in the spirit of 'boooo, EA', 2K did have an American football series in the early noughties and 2K5 is considered probably the best football game ever made, but while developing 2K6 they discovered EA had gone and bought exclusive rights to the NFL and had to stop production. It's a good business decision from EA but it just shows rather than try and make a superior product which would benefit the genre and fans, they just paid loads of money to get rid of the better game.