Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Tornado31619
    16941 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    A month left on the transfer window.

Lets say we manage 2 (max 3) signings. Who would you like?

I think Bruno is vital. Its a must for us.
    Second I think Longstaff if we get his 50m price down atleast 50%.

Bruno, another CM and a CDM. Don’t really care who at this point.
  • forearms
    4808 posts National Call-Up
  • Retro_G
    29085 posts Player of the Year
    forearms wrote: »

Exactly, he is backtracking now, because he knows there hasn't been offer.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31873 posts National Team Captain
    edited July 11
    Retro_G wrote: »

I mean it’s been reported that there have been a few offers, just none we’ve wanted to accept. And neither team can afford to pay straight cash
  • TakeItSlow
    7315 posts Big Money Move
    Oh boy if you offer Pogba like 400k a week...
  • Apollo
    14888 posts Has That Special Something
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

We won't.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Apollo wrote: »

We won't.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d2721ce6539716341af1314&rid=giphy.gif
  • Retro_G
    29085 posts Player of the Year

I mean it’s been reported that there have been a few offers, just none we’ve wanted to accept. And neither team can afford to pay straight cash

Post your sources? The clubs official stance is that there has been no offers, that was reiterated by Ole yesterday.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Post your sources? The clubs official stance is that there has been no offers, that was reiterated by Ole yesterday.

Fair enough. Could have swore there were good sources reporting a few cash+player offers from Juve and Real Madrid. Cba to go back and find them. If club says no bids, then suppose that’s the truth. But as I said, neither club can afford to pay full price cash wise without offloading players, that’s why I doubt he gets sold this summer. OGS seems to want him to stay. If he doesn’t get a new contract, he’ll be cheaper next summer for juve/rm
  • Apollo
    edited July 11

We won't.

I wasn't disputing the possibility of a new contract, that is possible (although I don't think it will happen), but I highly doubt we'll offer him 400k.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

We won't.

I wasn't disputing the possibility of a new contract, that is possible (although I don't think it will happen), but I highly doubt we'll offer him 400k.

With the raises Martial and Rashford got, I’ll be shocked he if doesn’t get offered 380k at a minimum.
  • Apollo

We won't.

With the raises Martial and Rashford got, I’ll be shocked he if doesn’t get offered 380k at a minimum.

I think Ole's comments yesterday were just to make sure we get the right fee for him and Real/Juve don't think they can get him cheap. I think we still intend to sell him this window after his comments so I don't think we'll offer him a new contract.

There's no opinion of mine in the above comment of whether they should do or not, it's just what I think will happen.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 11

We won't.

I wouldn't be too sure.
    His commercial value to the club alone would play a big part in keeping at any contract cost especially with the board. I know we don't like it but a Bale move might pave the way in replacing some of the commercial value the club at board level require from a United Side.

I would much rather sell now especially if the likes of SMS come in or at the most no new deal and sell at less value in the summer depending if the option is just an extra year but if he stays he getting a new major deal no doubt.

I think fans better warm to the fact Pogba is more likely to be here this season at this point at least.
  • Apollo
    edited July 11

He definitely gets a lot of undeserved flak. He shouldn't have made the comments he did and I want him to go as a result, but he turned up and there are players about with far worse attitudes than him, like that tweet suggests.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

We won't.

I think Ole's comments yesterday were just to make sure we get the right fee for him and Real/Juve don't think they can get him cheap. I think we still intend to sell him this window after his comments so I don't think we'll offer him a new contract.

There's no opinion of mine in the above comment of whether they should do or not, it's just what I think will happen.

I just don't see Real Madrid or Juve forking up the price we're demanding. All these rumors that RM are trying to offload players to buy him, but I don't realistically see it happening this window. I think they'd happily wait a season and get Pogba at a lower cost assuming he doesn't sign a newer contract.

He definitely gets a lot of undeserved flak. He shouldn't have made the comments he did and I want him to go as a result, but he turned up and there are players about with far worse attitudes than him, like that tweet suggests.

Agree. He saw the comments work for Hazard and tried to replicate.
  • WelshWizard
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Have you seen much of him? I haven't. He seems the right profile and the idea of a Serbian CB at United makes me giddy but I'm concerned he's played more RB than CB last season...

Think he played CB more in the end. Early on in season he was RB but been in back 3 on Right side and Center or in a 2 for Serbia and some times for club in 2nd half of season. Alongside someone on the cover and he will be fine, I see the time playing as RB as a benefit alongside the time in a 3 as him being able to split as a CDM drops and ability on the ball to bring it out if needed.

I really like him, Fits profile great and will help solve the aerial duels issue. Aggressive but has shown he can work in the channels and in isolation of 1v1. He definitely on a target list but I feel he is being used to apply pressure on the Maguire deal but I would take him in a heartbeat.
  • WelshWizard
    edited July 11
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    lets be clear, what pogba said was bad but if he stays and performs great people will forget all about it

again, people need to remember, ronaldo said he was a slave when he didnt get his madrid move and rooney said the club lacked ambition :lol: (under fergie), both stayed and fans forgot it when they scored a goal

Fickle bunch :D New contract and a statement from him and all would be forgotten :D

More social media presence these day and that's where fans are more vocal. OT will be fine and siege mentality is already in play for the group.
  • TakeItSlow
    lets be clear, what pogba said was bad but if he stays and performs great people will forget all about it

again, people need to remember, ronaldo said he was a slave when he didnt get his madrid move and rooney said the club lacked ambition :lol: (under fergie), both stayed and fans forgot it when they scored a goal

Pogba has way more poor performances in him than Rooney or Ronaldo though don't even mention him in the breath of those two :joy:

First Pogba poor showing where he's not running for the side and United fans will be back on top of him. Ronaldo and Wazza at least justified everything they did and backed it with world class displays time after time.
  • forearms
    4808 posts National Call-Up
    The press/media gets so much out of manufacturing negativity these days. I don't think it will be forgotten as they will find a way to sell their agenda, and people will buy into it.

Look at the 3 second clip of Paul and Lingard that had fans pointing their finger at the "virus". Of course, the full video comes out and....crickets. Negative gossip will continue to be the best way to sell their media.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Exactly, THANK YOU!

Pogba has way more poor performances in him than Rooney or Ronaldo though don't even mention him in the breath of those two :joy:

First Pogba poor showing where he's not running for the side and United fans will be back on top of him. Ronaldo and Wazza at least justified everything they did and backed it with world class displays time after time.

That's hardly the point though. Everyone's current excuse for calling the guy Judas and wanting to kick him to the reserves, etc is because of the comments he made which were "disrespectful to the club" with his new challenge comments...No one's wanting to shove the guy out the door or to the reserves because he can be inconsistent. He's not the first to "disrespect the club" and then stay at the club or get handed a contract.
  • Keano
    13415 posts Has That Special Something
    I won't be happy if Pogba stays, but to give credit (if you can call it that), he did turn up to Pre season. it just didn't help the new challenge comment whilst his agent obviously is then spouting this & that around as per. It feels like the Rooney thing (if he stays) both times he said he wanted to leave. Rooney didn't want to leave he just saw the investment & proper footballing decisions weren't there over the commercial side & money making.

Personally wouldn't give him 400k, but he's already on 300? So I feel it'll prob be 400kish if we did sign anew deal, but whatever happens if he stays... he'd best sort himself out, shut up & do his talking on the pitch.

To me he's either;

Spoke to soon & the offers from the clubs he expected to come in arn't up to what we want, so the move may not happen... so he's a bit like oh ****.

or he made his comments to force the hand of the owners to invest in the team, otherwise he would look for a move.

Not sure which one, but if it's the latter & he's proven right (as rooney was), then it'll all be forgiven, but i expect him to put performances that're consistent on the pitch.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Keano wrote: »
    I won't be happy if Pogba stays, but to give credit (if you can call it that), he did turn up to Pre season. it just didn't help the new challenge comment whilst his agent obviously is then spouting this & that around as per. It feels like the Rooney thing (if he stays) both times he said he wanted to leave. Rooney didn't want to leave he just saw the investment & proper footballing decisions weren't there over the commercial side & money making.

Personally wouldn't give him 400k, but he's already on 300? So I feel it'll prob be 400kish if we did sign anew deal, but whatever happens if he stays... he'd best sort himself out, shut up & do his talking on the pitch.

To me he's either;

Spoke to soon & the offers from the clubs he expected to come in arn't up to what we want, so the move may not happen... so he's a bit like oh ****.

or he made his comments to force the hand of the owners to invest in the team, otherwise he would look for a move.

Not sure which one, but if it's the latter & he's proven right (as rooney was), then it'll all be forgiven, but i expect him to put performances that're consistent on the pitch.

I wouldn't either and this is a prime example of why you shouldn't be offering these ridiculous wages right out the gates. Pogba is already on 280k... he wasn't even on 100k at Juve when we signed him. Now we've got Rashford and Martial on 200-250k... it's absurd because when it inevitably comes time for contract talks again, you've now dug yourself in a hole and our wage books are going to be wild. None of those three are worth the wages they are currently on. I understand why they offered Pogba that much ultimately to get him to United, but now we are in the situation now where if we offer him a new contract, he's going to be around 400k if not more when he absolutely doesn't deserve that.
  • TakeItSlow
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Arsenal achieved 70 points in a transition season without Bellerin and Holding for the main part of the season. Only team you're going to realistically chase down this year is Chelsea. Could get CL football just by doing that if City drop out.