OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »
    I saw it and I still don't believe it. They pulled off a perfect Mysterio.
    Everything from Berlin onwards was amazing. Hail the fishbowl.

They somehow stayed true to the comics while tying it in perfectly to the cinematic universe....

How bout THAT scene though guys?? The one that in 10 minutes made me gasp in awe/giddiness, feel like someone spiked my drink with some acid, and had me seconds away from punching the screen and walking out cursing Jake Gyllenhaal lol.

By far one of my favorite scenes in any marvel movie. Its up there with the portals opening and Cap wielding dem weapons vs Thanos. But it gave me chills out of hatred lol
  • Low Ki
    11746 posts Has That Special Something
    Dont forget
    the run across the bridge. That was epic.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Dont forget
    the run across the bridge. That was epic.

True true...The entire movie was great I definitely need to see it again. The set up for
    SECRET WARS
    though!! I had a weird feeling that first half of the movie about
    SLJs acting, it just felt off and Fury seemed off as well and as soon as the credits scene hit I had a lightbulb go off Haha
  • UM4R
    3863 posts Moderator
    watched Spiderman over the weekend,

overall it was really good , first half is not the best, but once it picks up it is a brilliant watch

Mysterio was really well played and written, some of the visuals were jaw-dropping
  • Low Ki
    11746 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm dead :lol:

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31716 posts National Team Captain
    Saw Far From Home tonight. Honestly takes the thrown for best Spider-Man movie for me.

Mysterio was handled amazingly.

And I understand how’s there’s a group out there that thinks Tom Holland is an awful/the worst Spiderman. Guy plays the role perfectly on both the Peter and Spider-Man fronts imo
  • Argie8
    5758 posts Big Money Move
  • hoban95
    48581 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I think i could be missing out on Spiderman, work times are all over the gaff and it's hard to find a time where my mates are free the same time as me :cry:
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    I think i could be missing out on Spiderman, work times are all over the gaff and it's hard to find a time where my mates are free the same time as me :cry:

NOOOO!!! figure it out hobs. Trust me just for one scene in particular it is needed to see in the cinema.
  • hoban95
    krakos000 wrote: »

NOOOO!!! figure it out hobs. Trust me just for one scene in particular it is needed to see in the cinema.

My mates are busy when i got days off this week and then im working weekends as per usual :(
  • XxRichiexRichxX

My mates are busy when i got days off this week and then im working weekends as per usual :(

Dude just go by yourself. It's REALLY not a big deal. ha.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class

GOOOOO. No excuses. You're gonna miss possibly the best scene visually in the MCU on the big screen...
  • Argie8

• Apollo
    14421 posts Has That Special Something
    Going to see it today, really looking forward to it! Heard so many good things
  • hoban95
    edited July 10

Only just passed my driving test so atm it’s like a good 39 minute bus journey or whatever and that’s just long :joy:

At uni I lived a 10 minute walk from a cinema, I miss living in a city centre. :(
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Only just passed my driving test so atm it’s like a good 39 minute bus journey or whatever and that’s just long :joy:

At uni I lived a 10 minute walk from a cinema, I miss living in a city centre. :(

giphy.gif
  • hoban95

giphy.gif

Just realised i out 39 instead of 30, that would had been quite specific. :joy:
  • Apollo
    Just got back from seeing Spiderman, it was absolutely amazing! Really enjoyed it, think that is my favourite spiderman film. Stunning visually as well
  • EA_Rtas
    1185 posts EA Moderator
    This is quite possibly my favorite movie in the entire MCU, I still can't believe how they managed to pull off a perfect Mysterio.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Not gonna lie when I saw you in here i expected some deleted posts or something :D sorry for the judgement @EA_Rtas

haha its even harder to narrow my top 5 down now after this movie...I think its something like this for me for the top 4

Winter Soldier
    Infinity War/Endgame (counts as one for me)
    GotG 1
    Spidey FFH

Lol the 5th is a 4-way tie between

GotG 2/Homecoming/Ragnarok/Civil War

• Apollo
    edited July 12
    Continuing under the premise from @krakos000 that Infinity War/Endgame count as one, I'd rank my top 5 as:

Iron Man 1
    Infinity War/Endgame
    Winter Soldier
    Spiderman FFH
    Doctor Strange/Avengers 1
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    You liked Dr Strange that much? Maybe I need to give it a watch again...but there's no way I would put it above Ragnarok/Civil War at all. Even Homecoming.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Winter soldier will go down as possibly my favorite movie of all time. The way it was so different from other marvel movies that had come out, it had that intense/stressful feeling throughout and then of course the hydra twist was soooooo well done, at the time seeing it in theaters for the first time, my jaw dropped. The only thing that has left me feeling the same was infinity war/endgame.
  • Apollo
    You liked Dr Strange that much? Maybe I need to give it a watch again...but there's no way I would put it above Ragnarok/Civil War at all. Even Homecoming.

See the thing is it's difficult when you get to that stage of the rankings, there are lots of really good films that are in contention (you had four films tied for 5th ;) ) Ragnarok, Civil War and Homecoming were all excellent as well, I just really liked Doctor Strange. Was very different
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Haha I know I know :D I think if I were to narrow that tie down to one of those 4, it would be Ragnarok. It was just so wildly different than the other thor movies and completely changed the character.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Apollo wrote: »
    Continuing under the premise from @krakos000 that Infinity War/Endgame count as one, I'd rank my top 5 as:

Iron Man 1
    Infinity War/Endgame
    Winter Soldier
    Spiderman FFH
    Doctor Strange/Avengers 1

Nice to see some Dr Strange love.

Mine would probs be

Winter Soldier
    IW/Endgame
    Spiderman FFH
    Civil War
    Ragnarok/Ironman 1
  • Argie8
    My top 5:

Infinity War
    Endgame
    Guardians 1
    Thor Ragnarok
    Spiderman FFH
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited July 13
    on the topic of rankings. What's your guys' bottom 3/5 Marvel movies? I know that doesn't necessarily mean they are awful movies given the standards that Marvel has bestowed upon us. lol
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on