Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    2752 posts Fans' Favourite
    ZizioGardo wrote: »
    Bonkertons wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I’m pretty much strictly into career mode and don’t really go after players if they have a generic face lol.

Same here. I never buy a player without a proper face. The only generic players I do play with are youth regens.

Not even in FUT do I use generic players. Just can't stand looking at them.

Same, haha, this is the best place for us on here :)
  • FifaAFC
    56 posts Park Captain
    Thanks guys. I’m pretty much strictly into career mode and don’t really go after players if they have a generic face lol.

Same here, I only buy players with real faces with career mode. The first thing I mostly do is sell the players with generic faces and buy players with real faces.
    I can't stand it when I see those generic faces up close..
  • Shaanxz
    21156 posts Club Captain
    Gameplay really soon, Career mode and pro clubs end of the

Hopefully see some new faces
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 2019

Glad and definitely great to see guys with similar interest in the Fifa series. And I share the same hope as you guys for Fifa 20 regarding CM and players' faces. Can't get around my head looking at the generic faces of Leno, Fabinho, Jorginho, etc. and the (still) long-haired Rakitic. Ugh.....
  • styles_fc
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    .. that leaves Felix and Benfica are rumoured too, but im sure he will get a custom anyway if EA arent as stupid as we think..

I'm hoping Felix gets a custom, but can't be too sure with EA. I'm doing a Atletico CM at the moment and bought him and his generic face is at least semi manageable for me... Only because I can understand the reason he doesn't have a face (being a relative unknown 12 months ago).

If he doesn't at least have a custom in Fifa20 that would just be lazy from EA.
  • TeamExtreme17
    styles_fc wrote: »
    .. that leaves Felix and Benfica are rumoured too, but im sure he will get a custom anyway if EA arent as stupid as we think..

I'm hoping Felix gets a custom, but can't be too sure with EA. I'm doing a Atletico CM at the moment and bought him and his generic face is at least semi manageable for me... Only because I can understand the reason he doesn't have a face (being a relative unknown 12 months ago).

If he doesn't at least have a custom in Fifa20 that would just be lazy from EA.

Yeah i understand him not having one in Fifa 19 but to not have at least a custom in Fifa 20 would be pathetic from EA. Oh and he didnt have one in PES 2019 either but guess what? They added one for him via DLC.. What was stopping EA adding one for him in to Fifa 19 too? Nothing.
  • tomasluisis
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sorry lads I know this isn’t starhead related but I just noticed something to do with licenses. If Neymar signs for Barca, what will they do with the cover cos aren’t Brazil and Barca PES licenses
  • TeamExtreme17
    Sorry lads I know this isn’t starhead related but I just noticed something to do with licenses. If Neymar signs for Barca, what will they do with the cover cos aren’t Brazil and Barca PES licenses

Just use Sancho, Dybala or one of the other players like they did for Ronaldo last year.
  • Bonkertons
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    ZizioGardo wrote: »

Same here. I never buy a player without a proper face. The only generic players I do play with are youth regens.

Not even in FUT do I use generic players. Just can't stand looking at them.

I know. It’s really annoying too since there are young players I’d love to target like Pavard and de Jong but the faces kill it for me. I remember how excited I was to see them add Lozano, Pulisic, and Goretzka(among others) for that World Cup update last year.

I know everyone says FUT is the money maker so they don’t care about anything else, but people playing FUT don’t want to see these generic faces either when playing Weekend League.

I’ve kind of given up on big career mode additions so the face updates are pretty much all I have lol. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
  • OldMateCampbell
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    Semi off-topic, but does anyone have the picture EA posted somewhere with the time frame of news releases (in terms of career mode news, pro clubs, UT etc) by any chance? I can't find it anywhere, and since it looks likely that there will be some form of Bundesliga scan, I'm interested to see whereabouts they would most likely announce the deal, whether it happens spontaneously amongst all the other news as a surprise, or whether they would lump that in with career mode news.
  • Disgruntledas
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Semi off-topic, but does anyone have the picture EA posted somewhere with the time frame of news releases (in terms of career mode news, pro clubs, UT etc) by any chance? I can't find it anywhere, and since it looks likely that there will be some form of Bundesliga scan, I'm interested to see whereabouts they would most likely announce the deal, whether it happens spontaneously amongst all the other news as a surprise, or whether they would lump that in with career mode news.

• TeamExtreme17
    edited July 2019

Going off that we should be getting news between:

Gameplay: 1st-10th
    Career Mode: 11th-20th
    Pro Clubs: 21st-31st

Today is the 9th, lol..
  • wetcase
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Today is the 9th, lol..

• Disgruntledas
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    wetcase wrote: »

Today is the 9th, lol..

Tbh I read that as them saying something without actually saying anything 🤷🏼‍♂️ Classic EA
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mid-July is next week? or this week?
  • Azzabazza
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    comet213 wrote: »
    Mid-July is next week? or this week?

Think Mid-July is next week (I think if a month is 5 weeks, then the 3rd week in would be mid-month)
  • Azzabazza
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Found this () - Imagine if EA announced on their Career Mode news that we'd be able to edit stadiums (possibly just generic stadia or both - scanned)
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    Azzabazza wrote: »
    Found this () - Imagine if EA announced on their Career Mode news that we'd be able to edit stadiums (possibly just generic stadia or both - scanned)

My 3 years ago post
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/10914/generic-stadium-customization
  • TeamExtreme17
    Azzabazza wrote: »

I mentioned a Stadium Editor (from Fifa Manager) in the following thread:

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/468378/fifa-20-stadiums-thread
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    edited July 2019
    I know. It’s really annoying too since there are young players I’d love to target like Pavard and de Jong but the faces kill it for me. I remember how excited I was to see them add Lozano, Pulisic, and Goretzka(among others) for that World Cup update last year.

I know everyone says FUT is the money maker so they don’t care about anything else, but people playing FUT don’t want to see these generic faces either when playing Weekend League.

I’ve kind of given up on big career mode additions so the face updates are pretty much all I have lol. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
    That's an interesting thing that you brought up. So if the FUT players don't want to see the generic faces on the players they play, do they take the matter to EA by voicing their displeasures?
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional

That's an interesting thing that you brought up. So if the FUT players don't want to see the generic faces on the players they play, do they take the matter to EA by voicing their displeasures?

How so? I only play FUT and am part of this thread for the last 2 or 3 years.
    I only use scanned players (Im not satisfied with customs).
  • Quiffed
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48908766

I will make this relatable by including that this is how games as have gone. All about the money. Like society and capitalism sadly. I remember the days when that didn’t exist. Hence why I still don’t actually know what FUT is apart from being the sole focus. I see it like Call of duty, and how it went gimmicky and, for me, is dying out.

Get rid of FUT, or age limit it, as it’s not good for reasons above. Focus more on career mode, graphics and gameplay, and faces to make the most authentic and realistic game going.
  • OldMateCampbell
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thanks @Disgruntledas and @wetcase for the images!

I can imagine since the La Liga announcement was mid-August last year, and seeing as we're getting gameplay probably next week and Career Mode/Pro Clubs in the week or two afterwards, I reckon we could see an announcement about the possible Bundesliga scan over the next month, somewhere before EA start to focus on UT and Volta. Predominantly the scans and stadiums are useful for Career Mode and general gameplay, so it would be odd (at least in my opinion) if they didn't announce the deal around the same time as the Career Mode news comes out.
  • Bonkertons
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park

I’m not sure, to be honest. I think part of why it might not be a huge deal is because the hardcore FUT players will build to squads full of guys like Messi, Ronaldo, KDB, Neymar, Mbappe, and a handful of icons, so the generic face problem isn’t really much of a problem.

Even those who don’t spend on FIFA points can build to teams like this if they are good enough and dedicated enough, but the problem arises when you get cards like 90-rated Future Stars de Jong this year or one of Lozano’s IF’s from last year. They are great players but the generic faces probably turned a lot of people off.

I’m guessing there are people who complain but it’s probably a minority of FUT players. Unfortunately though the people who do care are most likely planning on replacing that generic player with an icon eventually anyway so they probably just deal with it.
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional
    edited July 2019

I’m not sure, to be honest. I think part of why it might not be a huge deal is because the hardcore FUT players will build to squads full of guys like Messi, Ronaldo, KDB, Neymar, Mbappe, and a handful of icons, so the generic face problem isn’t really much of a problem.

Even those who don’t spend on FIFA points can build to teams like this if they are good enough and dedicated enough, but the problem arises when you get cards like 90-rated Future Stars de Jong this year or one of Lozano’s IF’s from last year. They are great players but the generic faces probably turned a lot of people off.

I’m guessing there are people who complain but it’s probably a minority of FUT players. Unfortunately though the people who do care are most likely planning on replacing that generic player with an icon eventually anyway so they probably just deal with it.

Im not sure the basic FUT player cares about faces to be honest. I told a coworker I wasnt adding Aguero to my FUT team because his face was bad and he basically laughed at me.

The majority only wants the OP cards. Thats the reason why so many people used Ibarbo and Biabiany back in the days IMO.

It is true that there are only a few players used in FUT (because it has become too much of a competitive mode) so Brightons scan appear useless in there for instance.

Ive always made the real face criteria my number one criteria. I personally enjoy using in form versions of lesser players. For instance Ive used in form De Marcos all year in my LaLiga squad.

Finally, I dont like Icons and most have horrible faces to be honest. Some face textures look like they're from PS2 lol.
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    edited July 2019
    Jeyj38 wrote: »
    Since you're not satisfied with customs and of course generics, would you and other FUT players ever, you know, "hold EA hostage"? I mean, if FUT are so important to EA, they will likely listen to you guys right?

Yeah, I agree with you on that. I used to watch FUT stuff on Youtube (since I never understood what it's all about and still don't), basically the players are going for star and legendary players which cover the whole deal with generic faces even though it's unintentional on the part of the FUT players. I for one would love to see some of the FUT players go all out like crazy so that EA will pay great attentions to their beloved customers' demands!
  • Arkantos
    22 posts Ball Boy
    Holy sh!! Now that's how you make use of a license EA!! I swear to God you better of updated Man Utd starheads and our stadium for Fifa 20 or im off..

Man Utd isnt exclusive in PES so there are NO excuses!!!!!

they woun't update Man Utd, the Team and Stadion is just in the game because they go habd in hand with the PL license.

and the Promo-pics for Man Utd from PES, i bet ingame, the faces don't look as good as they look in the preview #prerendered
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional
    edited July 2019
    Jeyj38 wrote: »
    Since you're not satisfied with customs and of course generics, would you and other FUT players ever, you know, "hold EA hostage"? I mean, if FUT are so important to EA, they will likely listen to you guys right?

Yeah, I agree with you on that. I used to watch FUT stuff on Youtube (since I never understood what it's all about and still don't), basically the players are going for star and legendary players which cover the whole deal with generic faces even though it's unintentional on the part of the FUT players. I for one would love to see some of the FUT players go all out like crazy so that EA will pay great attentions to their beloved customers' demands!

I might well pass on Fifa 20 if some faces Ive targeted arent scanned. I bet PES will do for a year.

Id really like a boycott move trust me... but this aint the star wars community sadly. If you go on the FUT forum its nothing but critics to the game but those same people are the first ones to buy Fifa Points and packs. Huge majority is hooked.
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional
    Arkantos wrote: »
    Holy sh!! Now that's how you make use of a license EA!! I swear to God you better of updated Man Utd starheads and our stadium for Fifa 20 or im off..

Man Utd isnt exclusive in PES so there are NO excuses!!!!!

they woun't update Man Utd, the Team and Stadion is just in the game because they go habd in hand with the PL license.

and the Promo-pics for Man Utd from PES, i bet ingame, the faces don't look as good as they look in the preview #prerendered

Yeah thats the sad thing about PES, scans or customs are amazing but in game it just look weird, the way they handle mouth animations ruin the whole work IMO...

Fifa isnt perfect either. I reckon theyve ruined CR7 "Siiiiiii" celebration with their brand new "face animation", its just so different from fifa18 and ugly...