Does a gaming router give you any advantage?

MeeseeksandDestroy
110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I'm leaning towards no.

Comments

• bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    No. Servers are crap, no matter your hardware..
  • MeeseeksandDestroy
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    bberger wrote: »

That's too bad. What about for Rivals?
  • Insan0
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 5
    Dont do it i upgrade it my internet las month 170mgb download and 50 mgb upload wired internet .. brand new modern netgear and nighthawk rauter ... the game is the same shtt.. gameplay slow and unresponsive .. is gonna keep doing the sameeee crap over and over .. no matter .
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1529 posts Play-Off Hero
    Insan0 wrote: »
    Dont do it i upgrade it my internet las month 170mgb download and 50 mgb upload wired internet .. brand new modern netgear and nighthawk rauter ... the game is the same shtt.. gameplay slow and unresponsive .. is gonna keep doing the sameeee crap over and over .. no matter .

I can vouch for this, currently have 1gb download 500mb upload on fibre, lagg/delay is the same...
    I also occasionally get speed up plays which just so happens to start at the entrance of my half and i lose complete control of my players until they score a goal
  • Insan0
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Insan0 wrote: »

I can vouch for this, currently have 1gb download 500mb upload on fibre, lagg/delay is the same...
    I also occasionally get speed up plays which just so happens to start at the entrance of my half and i lose complete control of my players until they score a goal

Same here its so random
  • Antiversum
    5777 posts Big Money Move
    Move to germany :D
  • Recoba
    3805 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 5

There's some UK users in this forum using a router that allows them to connect to a server near them and not the Frankfurt one. This way they say they have no delay.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/488049/netduma-router-and-geo-blocking
  • Roobar
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Recoba wrote: »

There's some UK users in this forum using a router that allows them to connect to a server near them and not the Frankfurt one. This way they say they have no delay.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/488049/netduma-router-and-geo-blocking

That thread you linked is basically saying it won't work I think?
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    Recoba wrote: »

1) I have a netduma
    2) geoblocking only helps in p2p modes (online singles)