Any Reason To Not Disconnect When Losing?

Comments

• Wooly1203
    2529 posts Fans' Favourite
    I only forfeit games where I know that I have no chance of winning. Otherwise, I stick with it and give it my best effort.
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Liamalone wrote: »
    Quitters suck.

Why? Because I saved coins and time, while helping my opponent? Good players pray for their opponent to disconnect so they can get on with the other 30 games they have to play that weekend. I've lost over 500 games this season. That's a good 400k coins I saved through the course of the season.

Assuming I saved 8 minutes of time for each of the 500 losses, that comes out to 2 days and 18 hours I didn't spend annoyed about losing at FIFA, and spent that time instead winning at FIFA.

Maybe this is why you are writing posts about being depressed from playing FIFA? Just a thought.
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Wooly1203 wrote: »
    I only forfeit games where I know that I have no chance of winning. Otherwise, I stick with it and give it my best effort.

I am not talking about forfeiting. I am talking about disconnecting. Totally different outcomes. With forfeit you lose the game, your fitness, and you keep red cards you earned. If you disconnect you only lose the game, you get your fitness back and red cards are dismissed as if they never happened. You can stick with it until 90th minute and then disconnect if you have no chance of winning. Its the smart thing to do.

But you can keep on giving it the old heroic effort and stay poor I guess. The way I see it it is one less coin EA gets to suck from me using fitness cards.
  • Liamalone
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    berood001 wrote: »
    Quitters suck.

Maybe this is why you are writing posts about being depressed from playing FIFA? Just a thought.

You must be confusing me with someone else, someone that gives a monkeys. Quitters suck.
  • pudgyfudgy
    5783 posts Big Money Move
    As someone who has no issue with disconnecting and does it whenever I want to, because I have limited time to play and cannot afford to waste time on games that are going badly, here are the facts.

Forfeit
    - DNF affected
    - Fitness of first team drops, pro-rated to the match time at which you quit
    - Fitness of subs & reserves does not recover
    - All goals, yellow and red cards count towards your players' stats
    - Any players injured before you quit will stay injured
    - All players (and manager) will use up 1 contract
    - In DR, you will lose skill points based on the skill rating of your opponent, with no additional penalty
    - In WL, you will miss out on the 400 DR points

Disconnect
    - DNF affected
    - Fitness of first team remains the same as at the beginning of the match
    - Fitness of subs & reserves does not recover
    - All goals, yellow and red cards are voided, BUT the "games played" stat still goes up by 1
    - Any players injured before you disconnected will miraculously heal
    - All players (and manager) will use up 1 contract
    - In DR, you will lose a fixed amount of skill points (I believe it's 30pts), no matter what SR/DIV your opponent was
    - In WL, you will miss out on the 400 DR points
  • Reggie77
    239 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've not been playing FUT long (May last year)... and I've NEVER understood why people quit a game!

And I can't believe there is a post here to help people quit a game and spoil someone else's experience!

You get a sense when someone is about to quit from the gameplay and some people are a joke. I have been massively beaten up in games... 4 down at halftime but don't give up. Even if you can't possibly win then at least respect the game and that there is someone else the other end. You may even give them a 2nd half scare!

If any of you have played football (the real stuff) and are on the end of a beating do you walk off the pitch like a baby? Each game is 12 mins of your life and that's it!

On the other hand... I wish people that are winning well didn't take the p!$$ and played consistently rather than 4 nil up and dribbling with the keeper or taking their hands off the controller as that's equally bad.
  • DunB
    846 posts Semi-Pro
    Quitters suck.
    This!

I never quit and when I'm down on 5-0 I will take it. Why would you quit when you can't win? Are people only playing this game to win? Obviously... many do.

How's that IRL for those people. When things are not going the way they want they just give up and quit? It's a game ffs, you win some, you lose some. Deal with, or don't play!
  • Liamalone
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    DunB wrote: »
    Quitters suck.
    This!

I never quit and when I'm down on 5-0 I will take it.

It's a game ffs, you win some, you lose some. Deal with, or don't play!

Exactly! I think I took a 9-2 defeat last weekend, a mix of Fifa nonsense, man sent off early, the other player being far better and more sober than me. It was obvious that I was getting a tanking so I tried to stop them getting to 10 and get on the scoresheet myself.

It's only a game folks!
  • IPedro
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I do not quit games but I do not frown upon anyone who does, servers and matchmaking are a joke at the best of times. Why carry on playing when you are not enjoying the experience, it’s a game after all