Any Reason To Not Disconnect When Losing?

1
berood001
19 posts Ball Boy
edited July 3
Make sure you understand I mean disconnect and not forfeit. Forfeit is the worst thing you can do. You lose your fitness and your DNF goes down.

So if you disconnect when losing there are a lot of benefits that I can see:
- You don't lose fitness
- You don't get any red cards you would have gotten by completing match
- You don't waste time on a match you were not "destined" to win
- Saves you a lot of coins not having to use a squad fitness cards (sure you can have a fitness team, but why waste time playing with a bad team, it screws up your rhythm and when your playing 2-3 thousand games a season I don't want to play half of them with a bad team.

Cons
- Losing games are a good time to practice new skills. (you can always disconnect at 90th minute though)
- DNF modifiers lowers ( this is a joke since it costs 1200 coins to get fitness back and you are only winning 400 for finishing a losing match) (Yes that's right you don't earn coins by completing matches you lose them. You have to pay to play.)
- In division rivals you won't get a couple points towards weekend league, but that's a joke as well for anyone who can finish silver 1+.

So I see absolutely no reason to no disconnect when it becomes obvious I am going to lose. Is there something I don't know about? Is there a hidden punishment that makes my next match against a 70 mil coin team?


Any particular reasons to not disconnect on Weekend League in particular?

How about Division Rivals?

Thanks.

Comments

  • ASX
    2129 posts Fans' Favourite
    Personal preference I guess.

    Even 1-0 down with a few minutes left anything can happen with some effort and tactics adjustments.

  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    ASX wrote: »
    Personal preference I guess.

    Even 1-0 down with a few minutes left anything can happen with some effort and tactics adjustments.

    Yea I am talking about those matches where everything goes wrong. You can't complete a single pass and your guys seem to be running through molasses and you are down 3-0 at 75 min mark. You seem to be penalized for sticking with the match and finishing. At 90th minute and you are down 3-0 why should I not disconnect?
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    Never give up!!! Don’t think I have quit any game this year... Atleast don’t remember...Played against elite 2/1 last WL... was 4-0 down, but wanted to play as I wanted to check if I can create anything to score... lost 6-2... I know it is not related to DR, but there are always positives
  • Poolstu123
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    I didn’t actually know it replenished your fitness.

    I’m not sure how true it is but I remember a thread explaining that quitting didn’t reduce your ELO so it was a disadvantage in that case

    ... again, not sure how factual that is
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    Never give up!!! Don’t think I have quit any game this year... Atleast don’t remember...Played against elite 2/1 last WL... was 4-0 down, but wanted to play as I wanted to check if I can create anything to score... lost 6-2... I know it is not related to DR, but there are always positives

    Ok so the question isn't about giving up. I can beat some of the best teams out there. I know every trick and can execute most of the mechanics that people consider exploits.


    My question is at 90th minute why shouldn't I just drop if I am down 4-0 and save myself the hit on fitness? It saves me about 600-700 coins each match I do that.
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Poolstu123 wrote: »
    I didn’t actually know it replenished your fitness.

    I’m not sure how true it is but I remember a thread explaining that quitting didn’t reduce your ELO so it was a disadvantage in that case

    ... again, not sure how factual that is

    I am curious about the ELO as well. Weekend League seems to go poorly for me when I disconnect. I basically can't play any matches for the rest of the day without going into a 5 game losing streak following a disconnect. I always wondered if there is something punishing us behind the scenes. Kind of sneaky if that was true.

    Ever wonder why EA doesn't let you see your own ELO? You should be able to see both yours and your opponents. Lay all the cards on the table and don't hide this stuff from us.

    To clear things up, it does not replenish your fitness. Your team simply reverts back to how it was before the game. You don't lose fitness, so you won't have to use fitness cards if you disconnect saving you 1000 coins each loss.
  • Skywalker XVII
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This might be a real stupid question but.. How do you disconnect from a game?
  • futballistic
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    If I disconnect a game intentionally or not I feel like it takes me a few completed games before my team play ok again without any bs mechanics at play.
  • Nelmser
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Only time I ever disconnect is when I have a red card and there’s no way I am getting back into the match.

    Otherwise I play it out, use the game as practice and try and learn even if I’m losing.
  • Skywalker XVII
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This might be a real stupid question but.. How do you disconnect from a game?

    Do you have to unplug your network or there is an easier way?
    Played Fifa for many years but never disconnected from a game so I didnt know about fitness and red cards, seems worth it if you have key player sent off.
  • Orison
    50120 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    You don't get the 400 rivals points per wl game if you close the app.

    The form not going down thing is most likely BS tho. Skillrating goes down if you dc in rivals so there is no real point in assuming form doesn't go down if you dc in wl. Also the champs channel supports that.
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    Ive been disconnected (not done it on purpose) and me fitness still didst replenish. I think theres not difference for a forfeit except - cards dont get counted, and I dont think your record is affected.

    However the OP wanted to know reasons not to - Ill give him one. It makes you an ****....Its a game, if your loosing your loosing, if you REALLY dont want to play it when it all goes wrong - forfeit. Anything else is just wrong. It affects the opponent as well as you.
  • Orison
    50120 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Ive been disconnected (not done it on purpose) and me fitness still didst replenish. I think theres not difference for a forfeit except - cards dont get counted, and I dont think your record is affected.

    However the OP wanted to know reasons not to - Ill give him one. It makes you an ****....Its a game, if your loosing your loosing, if you REALLY dont want to play it when it all goes wrong - forfeit. Anything else is just wrong. It affects the opponent as well as you.

    He dcs while losing pal
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite
    You’re more likely to win when 2-0 down, rather than 2-0 up.

    Why quit?
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »
    Ive been disconnected (not done it on purpose) and me fitness still didst replenish. I think theres not difference for a forfeit except - cards dont get counted, and I dont think your record is affected.

    However the OP wanted to know reasons not to - Ill give him one. It makes you an ****....Its a game, if your loosing your loosing, if you REALLY dont want to play it when it all goes wrong - forfeit. Anything else is just wrong. It affects the opponent as well as you.

    He dcs while losing pal

    Still affects the opponent. If you start a game you should finish it simple -unless something RL comes up that stops your session (kids hurt or something). Doesnt matter if Im winning or loosing - someone DCs and its annoying as hell.

    Finish the game you start...... or your a ****.
  • Orison
    50120 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    Ive been disconnected (not done it on purpose) and me fitness still didst replenish. I think theres not difference for a forfeit except - cards dont get counted, and I dont think your record is affected.

    However the OP wanted to know reasons not to - Ill give him one. It makes you an ****....Its a game, if your loosing your loosing, if you REALLY dont want to play it when it all goes wrong - forfeit. Anything else is just wrong. It affects the opponent as well as you.

    He dcs while losing pal

    Still affects the opponent. If you start a game you should finish it simple -unless something RL comes up that stops your session (kids hurt or something). Doesnt matter if Im winning or loosing - someone DCs and its annoying as hell.

    Finish the game you start...... or your a ****.

    I like when people quit (if they are losing, the people who quit while drawing are ****). 30 wl games take long enough
  • gizzzzy
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orison wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Ive been disconnected (not done it on purpose) and me fitness still didst replenish. I think theres not difference for a forfeit except - cards dont get counted, and I dont think your record is affected.

    However the OP wanted to know reasons not to - Ill give him one. It makes you an ****....Its a game, if your loosing your loosing, if you REALLY dont want to play it when it all goes wrong - forfeit. Anything else is just wrong. It affects the opponent as well as you.

    He dcs while losing pal

    Still affects the opponent. If you start a game you should finish it simple -unless something RL comes up that stops your session (kids hurt or something). Doesnt matter if Im winning or loosing - someone DCs and its annoying as hell.

    Finish the game you start...... or your a ****.

    I like when people quit (if they are losing, the people who quit while drawing are ****). 30 wl games take long enough

    I would go even further and say I hate it when people stay in the game after like 5-0 or something (ofc I know they have the right to do so)
  • Diggy
    13806 posts Has That Special Something
    Because you enjoy playing the game
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    gizzzzy wrote: »
    I would go even further and say I hate it when people stay in the game after like 5-0 or something (ofc I know they have the right to do so)
    sometimes they will waste time with replays and pauses just to annoy you

  • Shezzzzzzz
    1320 posts Professional
    gizzzzy wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Ive been disconnected (not done it on purpose) and me fitness still didst replenish. I think theres not difference for a forfeit except - cards dont get counted, and I dont think your record is affected.

    However the OP wanted to know reasons not to - Ill give him one. It makes you an ****....Its a game, if your loosing your loosing, if you REALLY dont want to play it when it all goes wrong - forfeit. Anything else is just wrong. It affects the opponent as well as you.

    He dcs while losing pal

    Still affects the opponent. If you start a game you should finish it simple -unless something RL comes up that stops your session (kids hurt or something). Doesnt matter if Im winning or loosing - someone DCs and its annoying as hell.

    Finish the game you start...... or your a ****.

    I like when people quit (if they are losing, the people who quit while drawing are ****). 30 wl games take long enough

    I would go even further and say I hate it when people stay in the game after like 5-0 or something (ofc I know they have the right to do so)

    this, but at 3-0.
  • mindm4ster
    4971 posts Big Money Move
    wait,what?

    so why my DNF goes down when I diconnect?
    I get that stupid message all the time
  • Theomanny
    1671 posts Fans' Favourite
    This might be a real stupid question but.. How do you disconnect from a game?

    Do you have to unplug your network or there is an easier way?
    Played Fifa for many years but never disconnected from a game so I didnt know about fitness and red cards, seems worth it if you have key player sent off.

    You dont need to unplug. Just click on ps menu. Go to network settings and untick the box saying connect to network. Job done. That also saves u from starting the game from scratch as i get to start from the pre load game menu.
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you disconnect or forfeit it doesnt count in elo. Not proofed but everything looks like its true. If i forfeit 4-5 games in a row im still getting difficult opponents
  • Hardingmd
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah. It’s effectively an exploit. Either finish the game or forfeit and take the penalty like a man.
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Orison wrote: »
    You don't get the 400 rivals points per wl game if you close the app.

    The form not going down thing is most likely BS tho. Skillrating goes down if you dc in rivals so there is no real point in assuming form doesn't go down if you dc in wl. Also the champs channel supports that.

    True, but for me getting 400 rival points is kind a laugh anyway. I generally have 5-6 thousands more than I need for rank 1 each week. I assume that's true for a lot of folks. While I know what I am doing, I am not all that special compared to others playing weekend league.
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Hardingmd wrote: »
    Yeah. It’s effectively an exploit. Either finish the game or forfeit and take the penalty like a man.

    Why should I? It costs me 1000-1200 coins per game. That's not taking it like a man, that's just stupid. Especially since I am playing 100+ games a week. You want me to spend 100k-120k a week on fitness cards, and be a man? Or should I save some of that money and buy a new player.

    Is it anymore of an exploit than El Tornado Crossing, near post heading, or kick off goals? I don't exploit that stuff. Do I get my man card back? :)
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    gizzzzy wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Ive been disconnected (not done it on purpose) and me fitness still didst replenish. I think theres not difference for a forfeit except - cards dont get counted, and I dont think your record is affected.

    However the OP wanted to know reasons not to - Ill give him one. It makes you an ****....Its a game, if your loosing your loosing, if you REALLY dont want to play it when it all goes wrong - forfeit. Anything else is just wrong. It affects the opponent as well as you.

    He dcs while losing pal

    Still affects the opponent. If you start a game you should finish it simple -unless something RL comes up that stops your session (kids hurt or something). Doesnt matter if Im winning or loosing - someone DCs and its annoying as hell.

    Finish the game you start...... or your a ****.

    I like when people quit (if they are losing, the people who quit while drawing are ****). 30 wl games take long enough

    I would go even further and say I hate it when people stay in the game after like 5-0 or something (ofc I know they have the right to do so)

    this, but at 3-0.

    If people are doing stupid celebrations, and dragging out their goal cinematic scenes. I will stay in until 90th minute to hurt their fitness. Rarely are those people any good. They just happened to be on the winning side of the volatile gameplay that Fifa 19 is. My 99 pace striker running like they are in a swimming pool. I've been thinking about recording gameplay and measuring the distances my players are moving against the miliseconds between games. I think the results would be surprising.
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    If you disconnect or forfeit it doesnt count in elo. Not proofed but everything looks like its true. If i forfeit 4-5 games in a row im still getting difficult opponents

    I think this is true. However, I do notice that if I disconnect in WL and not play again until the next day everything is fine again. Usually better than fine.

    So I think that what people are experiencing is unstable gameplay, and poor matchmaking. For instance on Saturday I may be 15-10 and have an ELO of 5. But I am being matched against people just starting at 5-0, whom also have an ELO of 5. Of course EA won't let us see this, which is an obviously sign that something is amiss.

    It is likely that a perfectly fair solution doesn't really exist, and there are a lot of unfair matchups, but it is the best they can do. That won't make the player base feel better about being screwed, so they hide it.
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Orison wrote: »
    Ive been disconnected (not done it on purpose) and me fitness still didst replenish. I think theres not difference for a forfeit except - cards dont get counted, and I dont think your record is affected.

    However the OP wanted to know reasons not to - Ill give him one. It makes you an ****....Its a game, if your loosing your loosing, if you REALLY dont want to play it when it all goes wrong - forfeit. Anything else is just wrong. It affects the opponent as well as you.

    He dcs while losing pal

    Still affects the opponent. If you start a game you should finish it simple -unless something RL comes up that stops your session (kids hurt or something). Doesnt matter if Im winning or loosing - someone DCs and its annoying as hell.

    Finish the game you start...... or your a ****.


    Good players realize it is not annoying. Almost all good players hope you disconnect after you score 2 goals. Because for "whatever reason" teams are almost always able to come back after the 2nd goal. If I disconnect and you are winning, which is the only scenario I am talking about, you get the win and you get the points. You also save your team fitness, and you save yourself 10-15 minutes of time. I won 10 games in just under an hour in weekend league once because every opponent quit after 2 goals. It was pure gold.

    Now for those players that quit after giving up a penalty kick in a tie game, I would agree. People that disconnect when you are winning are your friends.
  • Liamalone
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Quitters suck.
Sign In or Register to comment.