GK only objective is the best thing since sliced bread

D Heleteli
818 posts Semi-Pro
Everyone I've faced have exposed themselves to be terrible at FIFA. No crocodiles, no el tornados, no drag backs. What an immense feeling scoring and beating these sorts of people. All still rocking 4231 or 41212 but this time they have no clue what they're doing, everyone resorting to running down the wings with fake shots and crossing.

Conclusion: No Skill Moves > Current Skill Moves

RIP FIFA 19

Comments

• Futfanatic
    13947 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 30
    I scored a tiki taka goal with my goalkeepers it felt so good, even got the finish right, low on the ground, keeper could do nothing. Loved this objective.
  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    I scored a tiki taka goal with my goalkeepers it felt so good, even got the finish right, low on the ground, keeper could do nothing. Loved this objective.

Yes! The tiki taka goals are so satisfying.

Welcome back btw
  • pekkaa88
    6133 posts Big Money Move
    Until they sub on strikers after 1-0
  • PelzyWelzy
    9796 posts League Winner

WB bro.

To say you’ve been missed is an understatement... never seen so much outrage as when you were temporarily taken from us :joy:
  • Knowlesdinho
    11427 posts Has That Special Something
    I’ve always thought the same about the bronze and silver objectives tbh (I know that there are 4* skillers available, but still).

It just goes to show how much the game relies on broken mechanics.
  • Futfanatic
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

WB bro.

To say you’ve been missed is an understatement... never seen so much outrage as when you were temporarily taken from us :joy:

No riots this time? 🐒
  • PelzyWelzy
    9796 posts League Winner

WB bro.

No riots this time? 🐒

Another day mate and I reckon the whole house could’ve been bought down in flames.

6pm sucked hardest. Just wasn’t the same.
  • Futfanatic

WB bro.

No riots this time? 🐒

Another day mate and I reckon the whole house could’ve been bought down in flames.

6pm sucked hardest. Just wasn’t the same.

Good africa sbc yesterday, prices of random golds are so high. Let’s see if there’s something tonight! 😊
  • Argentus
    672 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I used Neuer up top because of the WF. He was a goal scoring macine!
  • Al_HFX
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Until they sub on strikers after 1-0

Yeah, only played one game, 0-0 70 min he brought in strikers. I quitted, waste of a time.
  • Jordy91
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Forsters where its at for lone striker. 6foot7 monster!
  • Barda
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    tots Ederson is rapid, the GK version of mbappe
  • Seanregal
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It did make me laugh watching people trying to do the same old tricks with goalies. But boy those games were so slow.
  • Staxdoobie
    997 posts Professional
    I don’t do well in Rivals, lose most matches to people who just know the meta/exploits more than I do. I just try to play football as I’ve seen it played for decades.

It took me 22 games to do the Renato Augusta objective last week. This goalkeeper one took me 3. Robbed of exploits and forced to pass, people I came up against were hopeless. I enjoyed it a whole lot more than ‘normal’ matches.
  • I’m passing and creating chances fine but man I’m not able to finish with these players
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    It was fun when game is fair... I completed it thanks to free wins!! But I hit the post 3 or 4 consecutive matches... While conceded similar shot... This is when u recall you are playing fifa 19
  • Nervous_Nick
    5750 posts Big Money Move
    This objective feels like playing PES! :D
  • Liamalone
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Best objective ever. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite
    The people who are terrible at the game are the ones who would enjoy this.
  • Duncan1972
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    Love it- been playing it rather than the other modes purely as it forces people to play football.

The idiots who still try every exploit suffer in this mode- and its actually staggering to see how poor many players are when their crutches are removed and they actually have to defend for themselves, pass the ball around rather than pump the ball forward to lightning fast strikers.

Its also pathetic the players bringing on strikers, says it all about this player base that they must win even if it means it doesnt count towards the objective. Also shows stupidity if they dont realise it doesnt count!
  • Duncan1972
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    I don’t do well in Rivals, lose most matches to people who just know the meta/exploits more than I do. I just try to play football as I’ve seen it played for decades.

It took me 22 games to do the Renato Augusta objective last week. This goalkeeper one took me 3. Robbed of exploits and forced to pass, people I came up against were hopeless. I enjoyed it a whole lot more than ‘normal’ matches.

This!
  • Thunder001
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect

How do you know they where hopeless and it wasn't you that got the lag advantage this time?
  • Mogga
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seanregal wrote: »
    It did make me laugh watching people trying to do the same old tricks with goalies. But boy those games were so slow.

This.

It was a funny challenge but very frustratingly boringly slow
  • Duncan1972
    Thunder001 wrote: »

How do you know they where hopeless and it wasn't you that got the lag advantage this time?

I might be wrong but iirc theres no lag advantage on online singles as its P to P.

Anyway try it for yourself, you'll see how woeful many are. Mainly because it appears a lot of the user base isn't intelligent to work out quickly that they cant play the same way they do in other modes.

• Mogga
    333 posts Sunday League Hero

The ones that they have had where you need a full silver squad I can pretty much win 9 out of 10.

The ones where they can sub on some mega stars I probably lose more than I win.

Not sure if that makes me good,crap or whatever but I know what I prefer :D
  • Staxdoobie
    997 posts Professional
    Thunder001 wrote: »

I don't, I suppose. It would certainly be unique for me to get the lag advantage three games in a row though; it generally takes me at least three times this number of matches to complete these objectives.

Maybe I did just get lucky, but there can be no greater leveller in this game than making everyone play with 11 bloody goalkeepers. @3MenandaBebe is probably right when he says the bad players will enjoy this objective. If we're going to describe players who don't know/use the exploits as bad, then he's definitely right.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    15191 posts World Class
    So u can actually still sub on players
  • PelzyWelzy
    9796 posts League Winner
    Gave this a go this morning...

People are still playing drop back, 1 depth, try to hit on counter :joy::joy::joy:

Played two games and literally cba...
  • Bargy611
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I played against someone that tried to scoop cross with the keepers 😂
  • Andyh60
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 1
    was fun but then from best to worst one with having to win rivals with a "purchased of market" team. Ok idea is great but totally out of order for it to be in rivals as just demises whole concept of rivals which yes has been my point for a long time