TOTY

Wildmole
72 posts Park Captain
I know it's a bit early for the topic, but since performances between August and December have little to no bearing on TOTY ( or Ballon d'Or for that matter), who do you think deserve to be in TOTY in FIFA 20? I honestly think that whoever wins the Copa America or the African Nations Cup won't matter ( or would only reinforce already strong contenders). I reckon this year's will be tricky as I only see a handful with sure spots. With Liverpool lifting the CL VVD pins it and the likes of Alisson, TAA, Robertson, Mané and Salah will be there or close. Then there is Messi I suppose, maybe Piqué, with Jordi Alba and Ter Stegen with possibilities, Bernardo Silva and Sterling also, with the like of De Ligt, De Jong or MBappé in the mix. I honestly can't see anybody from Tottenham despite their CL campaign, and nobody from either Serie A (the most likely would be CR7 but I genuinely think this year he doesn't deserve it) or Bundesliga. So, what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Zv1k0
    5874 posts Big Money Move
    Wildmole wrote: »
    performances between August and December have little to no bearing

I think they have especially this year when there are no major tournaments in the summer.
  • Wildmole
    72 posts Park Captain
    Well, we do have Copa America and Africa Nations Cup. And even Gold Cup if you push it, but I get what you mean. Nonetheless, who do you think is worthy of being nominated?
  • RvN008
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well, we do have Copa America and Africa Nations Cup. And even Gold Cup if you push it, but I get what you mean. Nonetheless, who do you think is worthy of being nominated?

And Nations League, Portugal won and Ronaldo asked what more he could do to become FIFA POTY. So he'll sure be in TOTY
  • Wildmole
    72 posts Park Captain
    RvN008 wrote: »

And Nations League, Portugal won and Ronaldo asked what more he could do to become FIFA POTY. So he'll sure be in TOTY

Well ,he might, but does he deserve to? I mean, usually there are only 3 spots for attackers: has he been in the top 3 this year? Discreet (by his standards) in Serie A (5 goals less than 36 yo Quag, who plays for Sampdoria), deservedly knocked out in last 8 in CL (also not his fault), early exit in Coppa Italia (Juventus had won 4 on the trot), and nowhere to be seen in Nations League Final. I don't know, but for me this year he doesn't deserve to
  • Dolph
    1005 posts Professional
    TOTY will be what it was this year with voting process added in, (whoever sells the most packs)