SV Meppen | 3. Season | Trying To Avoid Relegation

Nion
42 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited September 3
5TG8BMo.jpg

SV Meppen | 3. Liga | Dare to Dream

SV Meppen is a German football club from Meppen in northwest Germany. The club was founded on 1912 and it has a long history on lower divisions in the German football league system. The club spent a total of 11 years in the 2. Bundesliga during the years 1987-1998. Since then the club has been playing in the lower divisions until the year 2018 when the club won the Oberliga and was promoted to 3. Liga

Now it’s time for the club to retain its place in 3. Liga and maybe someday get promoted to 2.Bundesliga for the first time in over 20 years.

Post edited by Nion on

Comments

• Nion
    edited June 29
    CMEkLw4.jpg

Michael Lasch to lead SV Meppen in 3. Liga

Michael Lasch has became a manager of 3. Liga team SV Meppen on a five-year deal.

Lasch will take the lead on SV Meppen from Bayern Leverkusen's under-21 squad where the 28-year-old has been working since 2015. Lasch’s player career suddenly stopped at the age of 25 when he had been diagnosed with a heart disease.

Lasch will replace fellow German Christian Neidhart, who left SV Meppen at the end of last season.

Chairman Andreas Kremer said:

“We’re delighted to welcome Michael to SV Meppen. He’s a talented manager with a big passion for developing players and this whole organisation. We’re confident that he is the right person for the job and that he will work hard to lead this club to its prime.

Several things stood out during his interview and the entire process; his football knowledge, energy, determination and love of the game. He shares our vision to move forward, to build our youth system and lead this club to enjoy greater success.”

New Manager Michael Lasch:

“I am thrilled to be joining SV Meppen. I’m very excited to be given the responsibility to start this important new chapter in SV Meppen’s history. I have met Andreas and the board and it’s clear they have great ambitions for the club and are committed to bringin the future success. I’m excited about what we can do together and I look forward to giving everyone who loves SV Meppen some special moments and memories.

We have 3 big thinks for the next five years:
    • We are going to invest in our youth academy and focus on developing young players.
    • We have a very tight financial situation at the club and we need to make our financial situation better.
    • We want to win. Every single game. I said to the board that my goal with SV Meppen is in Bundesliga. Just Dare to dream."
    Post edited by Nion on
  • Nion
    edited June 29
    SV Meppen First Team Squad for 3. Liga Season 2018-2019
    37XVMXV.jpg
    Post edited by Nion on
  • Nion
    Feel free to comment and give feedback. First time doing this kind of story.

I'm going to make updates for every month so seasons wouldn't take too long. I'm keeping realism with transfers so I think there will be lots of player transfers trough the years.

I didn't make any transfers during the first transfer window and first season is on its way already.
  • ElMarcos
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck with the challenges Ahead!
  • Nion
    08wJJRm.jpg?1

baWMhQH.jpg

GsqCSnI.jpg
  • Nion
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Good luck with the challenges Ahead!

Thank you very much. I think it's going to be a challenging journey.
  • Nion
    edited June 30
    XEJd8U0.jpg?1
    SV Meppen goals from August.
  • ElMarcos
    Great start with 10 point in the first five games. Also, you managed to proceed in the cup. Did you bring any players in or did you invest all the money in a youth network?
  • Nion
    edited June 30
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Great start with 10 point in the first five games. Also, you managed to proceed in the cup. Did you bring any players in or did you invest all the money in a youth network?

No traffic at the transfer window. In or out. I hired two scouts and gave them 6 month projects.

Thank you for your comment and if you guys have anything to ask feel free to ask.
  • LAboog4
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good start to the season. The squad has a good mix of old and young players. Would be nice to see someone come through the academy and lead the club to promotion in the future.

Sharp graphics!
  • Nion
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Good start to the season. The squad has a good mix of old and young players. Would be nice to see someone come through the academy and lead the club to promotion in the future.

Sharp graphics!

I think that might be very likely and that is my goal for sure. Even though I think Meppen will have a hard time to keep those talents at the club for longer periods.

Thank you!
  • Nion
    ChECqTA.jpg
    Results September 2018
    l8vsxsd.jpg
    3. Liga standings after 10 games
    dZ1qlYI.jpg
    SV Meppen goals from September 2018
  • sviraman
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    That's a great start to the season, at such rate it won't be long to see your Meppen promoted.

Loved the long header v Würzburg.
  • Nion
    edited July 2
    sviraman wrote: »
    That's a great start to the season, at such rate it won't be long to see your Meppen promoted.

Loved the long header v Würzburg.

I've been surprised with the good start. There is still a long season ahead, but I really hope that I can clich a promotion at the first season.

• Nion
    aoSufT0.jpg
    yvZejet.jpg
    Terw6LX.jpg?1
    SV Meppen goals from October 2018

• WestardLord
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    A good start, but these last few games have obviously been sort of demoralizing. Hopefully this can be used as motivation to get back up.
  • Nion
    Zb4REaL.jpg
    Results of November 2018
    MSq0oSt.jpg
    SV Meppen goals of November 2018
  • Nion
    edited July 11
    A good start, but these last few games have obviously been sort of demoralizing. Hopefully this can be used as motivation to get back up.

Yep. I have been struggling. last months. Too many easy goals allowed.
    Post edited by Nion on
  • ElMarcos
    Another tough month. Hope your team will get in some more wins the next few weeks. Otherwise promotion will be a real tough challenge.
  • Nion
    zDH8YbN.jpg
    Results December 2018
    EuLtya1.jpg
    Standings after 20 games
    YMKKiNX.jpg
    SV Meppen goals December 2018
  • WestardLord
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looking much better, promotion looks much more likely from here.
  • ElMarcos
    Great run. You are on promotion course.
  • Nion
    IIuF1YP.jpg
    i6bmxMC.jpg
  • Nion
    1pmuWzD.jpg
    Results March 2019
    ZwW50pp.jpg
    SV Meppen Goals March 2019
    4Fezxlf.jpg
    Results April 2019
    u4OQUs3.jpg
    Goals April 2019
    Standings after April 2019
    R380dtZ.jpg
  • ElMarcos
    You’ve got your first promotion and the first youngster seems to be comming through the ranks.
  • Nion
    XkMzcBk.jpg
    Results May 2019
    XQ91a8b.jpg
    Goals May 2019
    Standings 3. Liga
    EK9ob5f.jpg
  • sviraman
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Confidently topped the league, well done, seems like this Meppen will be quite competitive in the higher division.
  • Nion
    sviraman wrote: »
    Confidently topped the league, well done, seems like this Meppen will be quite competitive in the higher division.

Thank you. Hopefuly I will be able to keep almost this same squad at 2. Bundesliga.
  • ElMarcos
    Good luck in the 2. Bundesliga!
  • Nion
    edited August 1
    HfGS3IT.jpg
    nGXhtHw.jpg
    vn6Vnmc.jpg?1
    Post edited by Nion on