Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• limjitwe
    8036 posts League Winner
    edited June 2019
    Started 2-1. The lost was a strange one. Basically opponent equalised with his first meaningful attempt. After that I dominated but conceded at the 80 min. Delay as usual my players though I pressed pass couldn’t.

4231 in all 3 games.

Strangely my strikers of Eusebio and CR7 has not scored.

2-1
    1-3
    3-2
  • Freefolk
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    Won first game on pens, game was 3-3, conceded 3x first time no look finesse shots from tots Di Maria, gonna be a long weekend haha
  • limjitwe
    8036 posts League Winner
    Very heavy WL. I’m playing on 4 bars max. 7-7. Lost 2 PK. Messi and Ronaldo not scoring inside the box. Horrendous. Prob gonna stop at 14
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Still 0-0 and so far it feels good.

I’ll torture myself tomorrow and play some games tho, I want to hit Elite again in 19 on my own account just because I know I can!
  • ASX
    3045 posts National Call-Up
    4-1 for me.

Love VVD, really helps at the back and Mahrez is such a fun card.

Probably start tomorrow with a losing streak as that's how it normally goes :D
  • Nivaze
    First game and I’m already done.

Gold NIF Prem team with TOTS Silva, first half I had 9 shots and he had 2 and I was 2-0 down... 😂

I ended up winning 7-2 but come on, why does this happen all the time?

I also want to discard Eusebio at this point, and PIM ADP is hands down the best finisher in the game.
  • Chalmo
    655 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hey guys, what's up?

Just started my WL this morning and it's the best start ever for me: 6-0 with 3 rage quits and only conceded 1 goal (remember few days ago I was afraid Aouar-Goretzka being too offensive and lacking defensive abilities ...).
    You need to know that my best performance this year is Gold 2 I think. Also, I play together with my girlfriend and she does most of the job ahahah
    But this morning, I did the 6-0 by myself so I was quite happy and wanted to share it with you guys.

Playing 442 with last Nivaze tactics.
    Instructions on LM+RM into the box for crosses and RB-LB stay back. That's it.

Good luck everyone :)
  • Nivaze
    I really don’t know wether I prefer 442 or 41212.

I feel like I score more with 442 but I still score alot with 41212 and somehow it’s more solid defensively.

Messi is also incredible as CAM in 41212!
  • EisenErmin
    9074 posts League Winner
    edited June 2019
    10-4 now. In my last game i got a 2-1 lead but my opponent was all over me. Switched to my 4141 setup to hold the lead and suddenly i was in the driver seat for the rest of the game. Won it 4-1 in the end. I think it is really important to have some different formations to switch to and while the 4141 seems defensive it actually opened up more attacking options than the 442. I wonder if i should use the 4141 as main formation now.
  • Nivaze
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    10-4 now. In my last game i got a 2-1 lead but my opponent was all over me. Switched to my 4141 setup to hold the lead and suddenly i was in the driver seat for the rest of the game. Won it 4-1 in the end. I think it is really important to have some different formations to switch to and while the 4141 seems defensive it actually opened up more attacking options than the 442. I wonder if i should use the 4141 as main formation now.

I also struggle with formations.

I win one game with 5-0 with 41212 and next game it doesn’t work, I play 442 with Messi and Firmino up top and I score 3 times within 20 ingame minutes...

No idea what to do.
  • ASX
    3045 posts National Call-Up
    9-5 now and stopping for the day.

Starting games off with the regular long ball/4 depth/5 PIB tactics to get a feel for the game.

If that works I stick with it and push a little higher with the drop back/long ball tactics.

If they aren't working I switch to balanced/6 depth/7 PIB.

Finally closing out games using the come back on defence for all forward players and wingers.

Seems to be working ok for now. Hopefully get G2 again this week.
  • Pulpetto
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited June 2019
    Chalmo wrote: »
    Hey guys, what's up?

Just started my WL this morning and it's the best start ever for me: 6-0 with 3 rage quits and only conceded 1 goal (remember few days ago I was afraid Aouar-Goretzka being too offensive and lacking defensive abilities ...).
    You need to know that my best performance this year is Gold 2 I think. Also, I play together with my girlfriend and she does most of the job ahahah
    But this morning, I did the 6-0 by myself so I was quite happy and wanted to share it with you guys.

Where can i find Nivaze tactic ? Today i want start WL after 4 mounths pause. I always played 4411 but its doesnt work anymore like at first mounths or FIFA 18 and 17. Want try 442
  • EisenErmin
    9074 posts League Winner
    Pulpetto wrote: »
    Hey guys, what's up?

Where can i find Nivaze tactic ? Today i want start WL after 4 mounths pause. I always played 4411 but its doesnt work anymore like at first mounths or FIFA 18 and 17. Want try 442

It is pretty much everything on 5 bars and wingers on stay wide. Thats it
  • Nivaze
    K
    Pulpetto wrote: »
    Hey guys, what's up?

Pressure on heavy touch

Everything else just on balanced and wingers on stay wide
  • Nivaze
    6-0 now.

I forgot what a beast FB Vidal is, and Kimmich is such a liability in defence, I need Da Costa ASAP!
  • Nankatsu
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mind to share ct and instructions for 4141?
  • EisenErmin
    9074 posts League Winner
    Nankatsu wrote: »
    Mind to share ct and instructions for 4141?

Tactics and instructions from this excellent video. Well worth watching!
  • Nivaze
    Just played a game where my opponent had 67% possession because all he did was pass pass pass and then go back to pass pass and pass again. I ended up winning but I’m seriously braindead now :D!

When I went up I tried to pass around too, but I just can’t do it.
  • EisenErmin
    9074 posts League Winner
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Just played a game where my opponent had 67% possession because all he did was pass pass pass and then go back to pass pass and pass again. I ended up winning but I’m seriously braindead now :D!

Passing without going foreward is just timewasting, but i had games with 70% posession in my 433(5) where i was completely outplaying my opponent. At least when having 70% posession the opponent can not annoy me with broken skill moves.
  • limjitwe
    8036 posts League Winner
    Good start for you guys

Hope I can pick up my game.

Good: Eusebio is scoring again

Bad: CR7 not scoring in first 6 games. Missing headers from near the 6 yard box
  • Nivaze

Passing without going foreward is just timewasting, but i had games with 70% posession in my 433(5) where i was completely outplaying my opponent. At least when having 70% posession the opponent can not annoy me with broken skill moves.

I’m happy I don’t need many attacks to score, at some point I just let my controller go and chased him around till I intercepted a ball.

It’s so nice having Mertens and Depay as wide players as they’re both H/L and make insane runs all the time so all I have to do is bomb down the wing and cut back.

I wish I had a taller player for headers now!
  • Nivaze
    10-0 now.

Apparently Eusebio forgot how to score. Mertens and ADP keep saving me over and over again.

Just played against someone with red TOTS CR7, Mbappe and VVD lol. That’s some insane luck!
  • EisenErmin
    9074 posts League Winner
    10-0 now.

Apparently Eusebio forgot how to score. Mertens and ADP keep saving me over and over again.

Just played against someone with red TOTS CR7, Mbappe and VVD lol. That’s some insane luck!

Well played so far. Keep going!

Faced red Messi and red Ben yedder in the same squad earlier. some guys have all the luck while i had red oblak and sarabia
  • Nivaze
    10-0 now.

Faced red Messi and red Ben yedder in the same squad earlier. some guys have all the luck while i had red oblak and sarabia

Yeah, I also have Sarabia and Silva on my bench now... :D

My best red picks were Silva and Kimmich, not even good ones but they’re ok and somewhat usefull.

I’m playing on cruise control now. Run up the pitch with Aouar so I can shoot or pass to my STs for a 1v1 or bomb down the wing with Mertens and Depay to pass to my strikers or cut inside. I’m not even using skillmoves anymore besides the running fake shot.

It’s funny to see all these La Croqueta and El Tornado spammers sweat all game, it gets so predictable now I just move my GK to get the cross.
  • EisenErmin
    9074 posts League Winner
    10-0 now.

My best red picks were Silva and Kimmich, not even good ones but they’re ok and somewhat usefull.

I’m playing on cruise control now. Run up the pitch with Aouar so I can shoot or pass to my STs for a 1v1 or bomb down the wing with Mertens and Depay to pass to my strikers or cut inside. I’m not even using skillmoves anymore besides the running fake shot.

It’s funny to see all these La Croqueta and El Tornado spammers sweat all game, it gets so predictable now I just move my GK to get the cross.

Had some bad results lately and i guess i will just go back to the 433(5) for the remaining games to get 17 wins whitout much trouble for Gold2. It is the formation thats suits my playstyle the best and where i feel having the most control. As much as i would love the 442 to work for me, it just doesnt. Some games its great and some games nothing works. In the 433(5) i feel comfortable almost every game (win or lose)
  • Nivaze
    10-0 now.

Had some bad results lately and i guess i will just go back to the 433(5) for the remaining games to get 17 wins whitout much trouble for Gold2. It is the formation thats suits my playstyle the best and where i feel having the most control. As much as i would love the 442 to work for me, it just doesnt. Some games its great and some games nothing works. In the 433(5) i feel comfortable almost every game (win or lose)

Yeah just play the formation that suits you best. I tried so long to get used to 4231 but it just doesn’t work for me.

The only formations that work for me are 41212, 442 and based on my experience in drafts the 4411 is really solid too.

I actually might try the 4411 out again, I feel like I have the right players for it now.
  • Ronskii23
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @nivaze do you have any videos of gameplay, I feel like we have similar styles of attacking
  • Nivaze
    Ronskii23 wrote: »
    @nivaze do you have any videos of gameplay, I feel like we have similar styles of attacking

I have a few recordings on my Youtube, mostly just goals and a few games.

I can post the link if you’re interested.
  • Ronskii23
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I’m all in, What’s the link bro
  • Nivaze

I’m all in, What’s the link bro

Here’s a game, theres plenty of videos on my channel.