Career Mode Stories Fantasy Premier League 2018/19

Alastair
9981 posts Moderator
edited August 2018
It's that time of the year again. I've renewed the Fantasy Premier League so everyone who was in it last year has been auto-added. The league is open to any regular member of the Career Mode Stories section. Lets see if someone can dethrone @Ashy this year.

You can find the free fantasy football website here.

How to join the league
Everyone who joined this last season will automatically be added. If for some reason you didn't automatically join then send me a PM.
We have taken the decision to not post it publicly this year after a lot of users who do not normally post in this section tried to join previously. Any regular user is welcome to join and just needs to send me a PM and I will let them have the code.

There is also a forum-wide league. You can find details of that as well as a basic overview of the Fantasy Premier League rules here.

Please make sure to post your team name below when you join so we know who is who.

N.B. By signing up you give permission for your name to be posted on the forums. A screenshot of the score page may be posted (therefore showing both team name and the name you signed up with).
Post edited by Alastair on

Comments

• Alastair
    9981 posts Moderator
    Details of the forum-wide league are now also in the OP.
  • Wyojasond
    10677 posts Has That Special Something
    Joined last week. Big Daddy Stet. Gonna see if I can pay better attention this year and not blow my lead to @Ashy. :D :D :D

I figured Salah was gonna be pricey but wasn’t expecting 13 for him. Pretty happy with my team setup so far though.
  • Alastair
    9981 posts Moderator
    I'm avoiding Salah early season. Got a feeling he'll drop early on as Liverpool take a while to gel.
  • Wyojasond
    Alastair wrote: »
    I'm avoiding Salah early season. Got a feeling he'll drop early on as Liverpool take a while to gel.

Why does everybody keep acting like Liverpool bought a whole new team this summer :D Honestly Keita and Allisson are going to be our only new starters. Fabinho isn’t going to move Henderson to the bench yet.

I will agree that I don’t think Salah is gonna have near the season he did last year, but we’ll see. Our front 3 is still the most dangerous in the Premier League I’d say.
  • Alastair
    9981 posts Moderator

Why does everybody keep acting like Liverpool bought a whole new team this summer :D Honestly Keita and Allisson are going to be our only new starters. Fabinho isn’t going to move Henderson to the bench yet.

I will agree that I don’t think Salah is gonna have near the season he did last year, but we’ll see. Our front 3 is still the most dangerous in the Premier League I’d say.

Fabinho won't start? A bit of a waste of money then.

United's could be the most dangerous attack with a different manager. Martial, Rashford and Lukaku is a dangerous combination.
  • Wyojasond

United's could be the most dangerous attack with a different manager. Martial, Rashford and Lukaku is a dangerous combination.

I think he’ll get there but he’s not quite ready to start. I fully believe he was a signing for the future. He just needs to get a better idea of Klopps press system. While I quite like Rashford and Lukaku is a talent, I just think Martial is overrated. And then you have the issue of Mourinho. It would be interesting to see what those 3 would do in Klopps system though.
  • Alastair
    9981 posts Moderator

I think he’ll get there but he’s not quite ready to start. I fully believe he was a signing for the future. He just needs to get a better idea of Klopps press system. While I quite like Rashford and Lukaku is a talent, I just think Martial is overrated. And then you have the issue of Mourinho. It would be interesting to see what those 3 would do in Klopps system though.

Martial is massively underrated if anything.

A bit of me kind of hopes no-one signs for United in the next day as that will increase the chance of Mourinho leaving this season.

• Alastair
    9981 posts Moderator
    The table is looking a bit different to last year. @Wyojasond ’s beginners luck from last season has clearly deserted him this year.

I played my wildcard last night. Has anyone else used their wildcard yet?
  • Wyojasond
    edited October 2018
    The table is looking a bit different to last year. @Wyojasond ’s beginners luck from last season has clearly deserted him this year.

Yeah my team sucks *** this year :D :D :D Doesn’t help I kept leaving good players on the bench. Oh well. Still a long ways to go
  • Alastair
    9981 posts Moderator

Yeah my team sucks *** this year :D :D :D Doesn’t help I kept leaving good players on the bench. Oh well. Still a long ways to go

Time to play your wildcard maybe?
  • Alastair
    9981 posts Moderator
    I've renewed the league for the new season. Everyone from last year will be in it. If anyone else wants to join then PM me for the code. :)

@Wyojasond Your team name. :joy:

(I'll make a new thread at some point next week)
  • Wyojasond
    I've renewed the league for the new season. Everyone from last year will be in it. If anyone else wants to join then PM me for the code. :)

@Wyojasond Your team name. :joy:

(I'll make a new thread at some point next week)

😂😂😂 I couldn’t help myself. I about died laughing when I thought of it 😂😂😂