Can we get something cleared: This game is ptw but at the same time we all lose to gold teams

iTaLenTZ
560 posts An Exciting Prospect
So what is it?

Comments

• Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    If you don't win whichever 1 justifies that particular loss.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    🤷‍♂️
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    If you have a cheap team you think it’s p2w. If you have a good team you know Outside the best possible 11, players don’t really matter.
  • Snugglebites
    2883 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have a standard gold team and lose most games.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    I prefer to face teams better than mine. I know I’m more likely to win
  • CharlieC
    7426 posts League Winner
    I win/lose the same amount no matter what team I use.
  • xinj
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    take 2 evenly good at fifa match them up with one TOTY/Icon squad and one Gold squad

9/10 the TOTY/Icon squad will win
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    Everybody can grind to have great team, trade a little... So it's time to win? Or skill to win, because WL rewards are exceptionally good with TOTS player picks.

And we all have been defeated by NIF teams, multiple times. So they are competative and cost 100x time less. They can be boosted with chemistry to be on par with the best players at least with their key stats.

And you pay good money to pull 84 from the pack.

All of the above taken into account, Fifa is as far as it can be from PTW. EA could make FP only game with better pack weight, in that case they could easily make PTW game, as most of mobile and browser games are. But in that regard, EA is actully good guy.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7854 posts League Winner
    I think it’s p2w at the very top. But in the middle anyone can beat anyone. People that are gold 2 that think they would be elite with a pro caliber team are delusional.
  • Devin85
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2019
    It's not p2w.All about engagement!I'll try to explain.EA matches two players.One is long time player with Ronaldo,Messi etc...in his team. Oponent is a noob with cheap gold nif team.Then some surprise mechanics here,some surprise mechanics there and noob wins.What happens?Long time player will feel the need to make changes in his team.He will lose his coins due to 5% tax.Very likely thus will lead him to FP purchase at some point.Now what happens with noob?He's excited,keeps playing,gets hooked and very likely thus will lead him to FP purchase at some point.EA shots two bunnies with one shot!Dooahhh l'm smart!
  • D0lvl
    4766 posts Big Money Move
    If NIF gold teams were to never win against god-tier squads/tots squads then what will keep fifa casuals and noobs playing again? I bet NIF gold teams lose more than win. EA throws them a bone or two once in a while but you bet every loss, nif gold team owners will have the urge to upgrade via packs. Awful pack luck? Spend more fp’s, cycle continues on and on.
  • kcichris
    1701 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2019
    i rarely lose to gold teams, i tend to smash them most of the times
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    They have actually given out loads of Tots players in objectives not to mention free icons in the fut swaps plus tots wl picks there is really no excuse at this point in the game of u don’t have a 88-90 rated team
    Unless u actually don’t play the game and just want something for nothing

If u really think it’s pay to win go watch the wee German pro on utube absolutely destroying people in the wl with a bronze team
  • Vezzo
    1647 posts Play-Off Hero
    xinj wrote: »
    take 2 evenly good at fifa match them up with one TOTY/Icon squad and one Gold squad

9/10 the TOTY/Icon squad will win

Maybe in a game without dynamic surprise factor
  • E_clipZe
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    kcichris wrote: »

• Delboy13710
    10178 posts Has That Special Something
    Something fishy about someone using a NIF team at this stage . Especially when they know every exploit in the mechanics of the game 🤔

Best way is to go all out attack and over power them once you put a few past them they tend to be the ones that rage quit the most .
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    E_clipZe wrote: »
    kcichris wrote: »

It is like 8/10 times I win against Lets say 88-89 rated good team...

Then lose to 84 rated rare gold team with Jesus, Firmino, Where nothing goes for me...I am I am 90% times 2nd to the lose ball, GK saves are 3 vs 9 kind of no... I don't know what to make of that..

Used to msg the guy who beat me on my mistakes, but now I donno how to take the loss...