Career mode revamp?

Comments

• Ripsmokey78
    73 posts Park Captain
    edited June 2019
    needs to playable before they even should think of saves.
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    i always see in MLB or NBA games where players can break real life records and the game has history of accomplishment from real world... why is this never in FIFA? why cant i look at the list of all premier league winners with how many each team has won it? why cant i look at the highest scoring striker in premier league history?

these kind of things would make it alot more interesting, give you something to aim for
  • airpreezy
    979 posts Semi-Pro
    airpreezy wrote: »
    After all these replies from Corey and etc. I expect a lot from CM this year, but I know I will cry tears at the end of July

Yeah i think he understood my reply to his post last year when he said we should all be happy with Champions League in CM, which was his reply to Tweets that CM being the same for 5+ years, as i told him the Champions League is a LICENSE not a new FEATURE!! So im hopeful this year as its even getting its own Pitch Notes in July, so i will wait until end of July for CM news before pre-ordering, if the mode hasnt been vastly improved ON TOP of having bugs etc addressed (think fixture congestion bug) then im done with Fifa.

That reply last year was so ridiculous, you’re absolutely right it’s not a feature.
    But I expect manager customisation, some little changes and that’s the changes for him
  • TeamExtreme17
    5421 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2019
    After all these replies from Corey and etc. I expect a lot from CM this year, but I know I will cry tears at the end of July

Yeah i think he understood my reply to his post last year when he said we should all be happy with Champions League in CM, which was his reply to Tweets that CM being the same for 5+ years, as i told him the Champions League is a LICENSE not a new FEATURE!! So im hopeful this year as its even getting its own Pitch Notes in July, so i will wait until end of July for CM news before pre-ordering, if the mode hasnt been vastly improved ON TOP of having bugs etc addressed (think fixture congestion bug) then im done with Fifa.

That reply last year was so ridiculous, you’re absolutely right it’s not a feature.
    But I expect manager customisation, some little changes and that’s the changes for him

Crazy isnt it! We should be able to select REAL managers, playing 2 games in 2 days should be fixed, not to mention all the elements from The Journey they only need to port over like customization options and RPG elements like press conferences etc.. Then wed be getting somewhere!

But as ive said a few times, its so far behind no matter what they do it still wont be enough, but if they show theyre listening and add / fix those things ive mentioned it will satisfy me in to pre-ordering. Any less than that isnt good enough and im out for good..

What im really hoping is theyre not using things like full Bundesliga treatment to sell Career Mode :D
  • GARYNOCLUB
    188 posts Sunday League Hero
    Like madden and like NBA stats player history you can’t expect EA to think of that too. We ask to much there under pressure just to get back lighting done on the actual gameplay let alone all the other requests we talk about. EA should hand over the rains to someone else now they are not capable of making a game that we desire will fifa ever get same treatment as NBA or MADDEN or MLB I think not. It amazes me that they get away with it time after time it will never be what we desire so sad.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    As long as we can change the manager's tie in the game then we can all agree that EA have listened to the community.
  • glynnerm
    58 posts Park Captain
    Just saw people comments about wanting to change a players position, all you have to do is train the player (dont simulate training) on the attributes that are necessary for that position, although he for example wont have LB on his profile, he is still capable of playing in that position. if you simulate training the player will probably get a D where as if you actively do it you can get A for defensive duties, having a position on the profile isnt necessary. You can see players rating on futwiz for various positions
  • TeamExtreme17
    glynnerm wrote: »
    Just saw people comments about wanting to change a players position, all you have to do is train the player (dont simulate training) on the attributes that are necessary for that position, although he for example wont have LB on his profile, he is still capable of playing in that position. if you simulate training the player will probably get a D where as if you actively do it you can get A for defensive duties, having a position on the profile isnt necessary. You can see players rating on futwiz for various positions

A nice bug.
  • Shaanxz
    24266 posts Club Captain
    Highly doubt there will be a massive revamp till next gen. The new pes features were 3 years in the making. Make of it what you will
  • airpreezy
    979 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2019

A nice bug.

Not what we want, back in old Fifa titles, a players position and rating really changes If you put him in an unusual position. For that case I want to train a player in another position, get him new traits or even train his weaker foot or his skill level.

And if he plays a lot in another position he should be gettin more familiar with it.

PES ML has all of this for years

Same for individual player awards, who are linked in a players profile. Like if Messi wins ballon d or, you can see it on his profile

Or select a favourite player in CM

All those things are in PES for years
  • TeamExtreme17

A nice bug.

Not what we want, back in old Fifa titles, a players position and rating really changes If you put him in an unusual position. For that case I want to train a player in another position, get him new traits or even train his weaker foot or his skill level.

And if he plays a lot in another position he should be gettin more familiar with it.

PES ML has all of this for years

Same for individual player awards, who are linked in a players profile. Like if Messi wins ballon d or, you can see it on his profile

Or select a favourite player in CM

All those things are in PES for years

I absolutely agree, i meant typical EA, a bug that is kinda what we want as a feature, lol, its like that bug that allowed to to use REAL managers in CM. Theyre amateur.
  • Priv175
    2 posts Ball Boy

Having a player playing in the position that matches their profile is much more satisfying, and more helpful when using suggested subs. For example, if a lm has good defensive stats but doesn't have lb as a preferred position, it won't come up as a suggestion. Being able to actually choose what position the players are seems much more realistic as you are the manager, and I don't want to play through every training just to make a player be able to properly play a different position. A good example is Zinchenko. Played lb for quite some time for City, yet took them quite some time to change his position to lb. Instead of waiting for EA to update the position, why not give the option to the player managing the career mode?
  • Joz7
    2 posts Ball Boy

2 things id love to see in CM.

What I would like to see is more realism with club list management. If a team gets relegated, we should see them have to sell there highest wage earners and players will want to leave. Same if a team gets promoted, i want to see them actually buy a player or 2 to be able to compete with higher level.

Secondly, make player performances matter for growth or decreasing of stats.

• Peanut2000
    1006 posts Professional
    Career mode is dead. Let it go
  • HarryKein
    532 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Official: FIFA 20 career mode will have a lot of improvements:

1) a new screensaver on the menu
    2) Fabinho scanned
    3) New team: Piemonte Calcio
    4) You can play Champions League in fake stadium for Barcellona, Bayern Munchen and Piemonte Calcio
  • comet213
    2342 posts Fans' Favourite
    f8mwqfqeyha31.jpg

I saw it in reddit.
    Are players always wearing club kit in national team news?
    And Why Premier league logo are in sleeve and chest of Real madrid kit?
  • TeamExtreme17
    comet213 wrote: »
    f8mwqfqeyha31.jpg

I saw it in reddit.
    Are players always wearing club kit in national team news?
    And Why Premier league logo are in sleeve and chest of Real madrid kit?

Just 1 of many well known bugs EA couldnt be assed to fix..
  • bakd
    19 posts Ball Boy
    They need to do a lot of changes to make up for ignoring CM for the last ten years.
    This is some of the problems with Career mode they really need to fix:

- Get player bids from clubs in the same country as yours. Let's say you have a manager career with Barnsley and you have transfer listed a player. Why do you get bids from three Argentinian clubs and one from Norway? I didn't know argentinian clubs have scouts in the third division in England?

- Player potential should be way more variable. If a player have 66 rating and 85 potential, his prime rating should be anything between 80 and 90, depending on the players form through the seasons.

- Statistics. In Ultimate team you're able to see how many goals, assists and cards your player have from previous clubs. Something like that could be a nice touch in CM as well. And of course you should be able to go back in time to see how many goals your striker scored last season in Your club as well.

- Upgrading generic stadiums. If I do a RTG-career with Accrington Stanley I want to have the ability to increase the capacity on the stadium.

- Get back the sponsorship-deals! I remember back in the days when you got new offers from different sponsors every season. Why did they throw this away? I want to chose the sponsor on my kit.

- Young players should be way more valuable than old players. An 81 rated 21 year old player should be worth more than a 83 rated 27 y/o. Now it's the opposite, and it's really weird. In real life you also "pay for his potential".

- The boards stupid expectations. In the beginning this looked nice and fresh. But some of these expectations are very unrealistic. If I move up to the Premier League with a small club, why do I get this as a high priority: "Sign 2 youth players, train then up by 10 in overall and after then play them in 10 matches". Oh well, do you want me to stay in the premier league or not? Now I have to use 2 of my 5 training spots to train two 17 year old players. And then I have to throw them in the last 10 games of the season while I'm in the battle of relegation.

- Way to small transfer increase when you promote. When I promote to the premier league and start the season sometimes the board says "we have increased your transfer budget from 12m£ to 23m£. Thank you. Now I'm able to sign a 74 rated player who will change everything. Or not. Give me 50-60m£ more and then we can talk business.

- Job offers from different clubs. This rarely happens anymore. Through my last CM I only got two job offers (except from the 239 national team offers) and I played for like 5 seasons, winning the champions league twice with a small club. Still didn't get any new job offers. I took the matter to my own hands, sent an application and got the Liverpool job in April.
    At this time Liverpool was in 13th place at the table. I played 7 or 8 games, winning every one of them. By the end of the season I GET FIRED. Why? Because I didn't end up in a champions league spot, even though it was completely impossible because the club already was too many points behind.

- Youth Academy. This feature hasn't been changed for a decade. Why is it a limit on how many Youth academy players you can have in the club? And why can't you play or sim matches with them? What are the players really doing? One thing I have requested for years is having your own team with young players continuously moving up to the Youth Academy from your own country. Then you don't need to send scouts around the world. Real clubs have their own teams with players from their own city.
    Also, they should have new names. Now every youth player has a name copied from an existing player in the game.

- Generic faces. 90% of regens and youth players have stupid faces or bodies, and this ruins everything. When you finally find a 90 potential pacy winger with 5 star skill and high/med... Of course he will look like a 50 year old pedophile. Fix the generic faces and add different variations to them like beards, tattoos, new haircuts etc.

- Customize managers AND players. You should be able to customize your manager. Chose different clothes, haircuts and beards from season to season. Players should also be able to be customized. Why have all the Youth players their Shirts tucked down in the shorts. Literally nobody does this in 2019. You would look like a complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

This is just some of the issues I remember by the top of my head, but if they don't fix any of this FIFA19 was the last game I bought from EA.

By the way I'm not exactly good at either speaking or writing in English, and that's the reason my grammar is not at it's best.

• elsean9
    5 posts Ball Boy
    Just hope they add all the champions league and europa league teams from all the various european countries now that they have the CL and EL license so there is a full scale qualifiers for CL and EL can be done.

In addition, dynamic crowds and weather would be nice.

Club prestige to be added so realistic transfers occur would be nice. Sick of being able to buy nearly any player in career mode. I want a challenge, I want to be forced to sell my best player if he thinks he can play in a higher league, as infuriating as it can be, it adds realism.

More U18 and U23 players to added, I hate having to hire a youth scout and develop random players, just add more U18s or U23 players and develop the instead.

Scouting, you should have a budget for scouting, if you are a lower league team, your budget is smaller and less likely to scout players from other countries, but if you do so, the cost increases and uses more of your budget. being able to scout anyone from any country should only be possible for the largest clubs in the top divisions.

One addition to scouting - it'd be nice to be able to scout in any country they have intl team in the game. If you want to take on a project internationally, some of those nations dry up pretty quick without it (fyrir island!).
  • elsean9
    5 posts Ball Boy
    bakd wrote: »
    They need to do a lot of changes to make up for ignoring CM for the last ten years.
    This is some of the problems with Career mode they really need to fix:

- Get player bids from clubs in the same country as yours. Let's say you have a manager career with Barnsley and you have transfer listed a player. Why do you get bids from three Argentinian clubs and one from Norway? I didn't know argentinian clubs have scouts in the third division in England?

- Player potential should be way more variable. If a player have 66 rating and 85 potential, his prime rating should be anything between 80 and 90, depending on the players form through the seasons.

- Statistics. In Ultimate team you're able to see how many goals, assists and cards your player have from previous clubs. Something like that could be a nice touch in CM as well. And of course you should be able to go back in time to see how many goals your striker scored last season in Your club as well.

- Upgrading generic stadiums. If I do a RTG-career with Accrington Stanley I want to have the ability to increase the capacity on the stadium.

- Get back the sponsorship-deals! I remember back in the days when you got new offers from different sponsors every season. Why did they throw this away? I want to chose the sponsor on my kit.

- Young players should be way more valuable than old players. An 81 rated 21 year old player should be worth more than a 83 rated 27 y/o. Now it's the opposite, and it's really weird. In real life you also "pay for his potential".

- The boards stupid expectations. In the beginning this looked nice and fresh. But some of these expectations are very unrealistic. If I move up to the Premier League with a small club, why do I get this as a high priority: "Sign 2 youth players, train then up by 10 in overall and after then play them in 10 matches". Oh well, do you want me to stay in the premier league or not? Now I have to use 2 of my 5 training spots to train two 17 year old players. And then I have to throw them in the last 10 games of the season while I'm in the battle of relegation.

- Way to small transfer increase when you promote. When I promote to the premier league and start the season sometimes the board says "we have increased your transfer budget from 12m£ to 23m£. Thank you. Now I'm able to sign a 74 rated player who will change everything. Or not. Give me 50-60m£ more and then we can talk business.

- Job offers from different clubs. This rarely happens anymore. Through my last CM I only got two job offers (except from the 239 national team offers) and I played for like 5 seasons, winning the champions league twice with a small club. Still didn't get any new job offers. I took the matter to my own hands, sent an application and got the Liverpool job in April.
    At this time Liverpool was in 13th place at the table. I played 7 or 8 games, winning every one of them. By the end of the season I GET FIRED. Why? Because I didn't end up in a champions league spot, even though it was completely impossible because the club already was too many points behind.

- Youth Academy. This feature hasn't been changed for a decade. Why is it a limit on how many Youth academy players you can have in the club? And why can't you play or sim matches with them? What are the players really doing? One thing I have requested for years is having your own team with young players continuously moving up to the Youth Academy from your own country. Then you don't need to send scouts around the world. Real clubs have their own teams with players from their own city.
    Also, they should have new names. Now every youth player has a name copied from an existing player in the game.

- Generic faces. 90% of regens and youth players have stupid faces or bodies, and this ruins everything. When you finally find a 90 potential pacy winger with 5 star skill and high/med... Of course he will look like a 50 year old pedophile. Fix the generic faces and add different variations to them like beards, tattoos, new haircuts etc.

- Customize managers AND players. You should be able to customize your manager. Chose different clothes, haircuts and beards from season to season. Players should also be able to be customized. Why have all the Youth players their Shirts tucked down in the shorts. Literally nobody does this in 2019. You would look like a complete ****.

This is just some of the issues I remember by the top of my head, but if they don't fix any of this FIFA19 was the last game I bought from EA.

By the way I'm not exactly good at either speaking or writing in English, and that's the reason my grammar is not at it's best.

Youth revamp would be really nice. In real life, not like a club is just sitting on training 5 youth players per week to develop. EA should look at MLB The Show and offer similar youth/reserve leagues like The Show does minor leagues. Would provide more realistic youth development. As for the usually harsh youth board requirements (Sign 2 youth players, train then up by 10 in overall and after then play them in 10 matches) - if it's a requirement it should be easier to track. Just like shirt sales ($100m worth of shirt sales, in the board screen it tracks percent complete), track what youth players have gone up in rating (X player - up +3), then track how many games in that same board screen once trained up by 10.
  • Just hope that you can use your carear player in ultimate team