The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

  • Sercs
    18623 posts World Class
    Shshj wrote: »
    Ndombele will probably take Sissoko's role in the XI, they're signing Jack Clarke from Leeds who's supposedly very good so that'll be more depth for the wing.

    There's not much more they can do right now but they still have to sort out Alderweireld's situation though. His £25m release clause comes into play next month.

    Sissoko was really good for spurs last year, poor in the final mind
  • Pietu
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    @RBailss difficult question. If the Mourinho links are true you wouldn't do badly getting him in to steady the ship. You're better getting a not as well known manager in instead of the likes of Roy Keane.

    My top 3 picks in order would be -

    Arteta
    Vieira
    Mourinho

    Why Arteta?

    been under Pep's wing for a few years now, more exciting than someone like Keane or monk.

    Don't think Newcastle would be a good first team for him tbh.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Barcelona’s famed academy La Masia is in bad shape. Fewer players make it to the first team, top talents leave for rivals every summer, President Bartomeu’s Masia 360 strategy from 2016 has already failed, academy areas for kids have turned into offices, the food does not meet nutrition standards.


    https://m.ara.cat/esports/Masia-Barca_0_2257574336.amp.html


    They are using Sodexho as food supplier :joy:

    Been saying it since 2014 that Barcelona are a shambles

    Totally man. Way before anyone else, and way before it was cool. Hipster shaanxz strikes again.
  • Färjestad
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    Handball in the penalty area is worst rule in football. Make it a indirect free kick instead.
  • GL
    6518 posts Big Money Move
    Färjestad wrote: »
    Handball in the penalty area is worst rule in football. Make it a indirect free kick instead.

    Okay I prevent a goal by diving at the ball and palming it away. Indirect free kick?
  • Carlos181
    3790 posts National Call-Up
    Gomes to Everton done.
    Cillesen for Neto swap done.
  • Davisto
    6156 posts Big Money Move
    GL wrote: »
    Färjestad wrote: »
    Handball in the penalty area is worst rule in football. Make it a indirect free kick instead.

    Okay I prevent a goal by diving at the ball and palming it away. Indirect free kick?

    Yes mate great save by the way took one for the team :joy: 👍
  • ccooaattssyy
    7033 posts Big Money Move
    There’s been so many penalties at this Women’s World Cup.
  • Färjestad
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    GL wrote: »
    Färjestad wrote: »
    Handball in the penalty area is worst rule in football. Make it a indirect free kick instead.

    Okay I prevent a goal by diving at the ball and palming it away. Indirect free kick?

    Yep, red card though. It's a penalty if it's inside the goal area.
  • Färjestad
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    That second yellow in the Ghana game is ridiculous.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17217 posts World Class
    Ndombele and Sissoko will be some midfield next season
  • tauras
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Färjestad wrote: »
    That second yellow in the Ghana game is ridiculous.

    Poor decision alright not a bad game tho.
  • Färjestad
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    tauras wrote: »
    Färjestad wrote: »
    That second yellow in the Ghana game is ridiculous.

    Poor decision alright not a bad game tho.

    Benin is alright, want Ghana to get the winner though
  • tauras
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Färjestad wrote: »
    tauras wrote: »
    Färjestad wrote: »
    That second yellow in the Ghana game is ridiculous.

    Poor decision alright not a bad game tho.

    Benin is alright, want Ghana to get the winner though

    Ye def want Ghana win.
  • Färjestad
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    tauras wrote: »
    Färjestad wrote: »
    tauras wrote: »
    Färjestad wrote: »
    That second yellow in the Ghana game is ridiculous.

    Poor decision alright not a bad game tho.

    Benin is alright, want Ghana to get the winner though

    Ye def want Ghana win.

    The ref is shocking.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20471 posts Club Captain
    Ndombele and Sissoko will be some midfield next season

    Man knows. People lumping Sissoko into the rest of Spurs' mids didn't watch much of him last year.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20471 posts Club Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

    Spends decade needing some steel in midfield. Finds a good fit for cheap. Sells for cheap. Profit??
  • TakeItSlow
    7190 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

    Spends decade needing some steel in midfield. Finds a good fit for cheap. Sells for cheap. Profit??

    Torreira doesn't like England apparently, not settled well. Showed in the second part of the season as well. But that offer is completely derisory.

    If we were offered £40m I'd take it.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20471 posts Club Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

    Spends decade needing some steel in midfield. Finds a good fit for cheap. Sells for cheap. Profit??

    Torreira doesn't like England apparently, not settled well. Showed in the second part of the season as well. But that offer is completely derisory.

    If we were offered £40m I'd take it.

    Fair enough. Yea seems a poor offer after a solid year for a young lad.
  • Sercs
    18623 posts World Class
    GL wrote: »
    Färjestad wrote: »
    Handball in the penalty area is worst rule in football. Make it a indirect free kick instead.

    Okay I prevent a goal by diving at the ball and palming it away. Indirect free kick?

    Exactly, only way you could maybe see it working is if VAR is used and there is a pen for a deliberate (Suarez at the World Cup) and accidental
  • Sercs
    18623 posts World Class
    Spurs signing feels like Eriksen money. Not position but that fee towards this.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Barca going to outscore every team next season. Exciting times.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20471 posts Club Captain
    Sercs wrote: »
    Spurs signing feels like Eriksen money. Not position but that fee towards this.

    Not as if they didn't earn plenty last year and havent signed anyone since Lucas lol
  • Shshj
    4046 posts National Call-Up
    I don't think this is the Eriksen money. Ndombele plays a completely different position and it was only a matter of time before Spurs went big on someone now that they're in the new stadium.

    I think spending £60m odd on Lo Celso would indicate Eriksen is off, but not Ndombele.
  • TakeItSlow
    7190 posts Big Money Move
    Ndombele is CL final money. They made a hell of a lot getting into that final.
  • Milanista28
    1143 posts Professional
    maymanpele wrote: »
    Barca going to outscore every team next season. Exciting times.

    Yeah but will you be able to concentrate at defending corners?
  • holdenwait
    55469 posts National Treasure
    David Silva has laid out his intentions to leave Manchester City at the end of next season. The 33-year-old, who has amassed 395 appearances for the club, says the 2019-20 campaign will be his last in Manchester.

    Silva, who has won four Premier League titles, two FA Cups and four League Cups during his time at City, featured in 33 league games last season as Pep Guardiola’s side retained their crown as part of a domestic treble.



    not the biggest city fan usually, but always loved silva to bits. crazy to think he'd have been at city for 10 years when he's leaving. fantastic list of achievements to. loved that he scored that header against italy in euro 2012 final as well.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31713 posts National Team Captain
    holdenwait wrote: »
    David Silva has laid out his intentions to leave Manchester City at the end of next season. The 33-year-old, who has amassed 395 appearances for the club, says the 2019-20 campaign will be his last in Manchester.

    Silva, who has won four Premier League titles, two FA Cups and four League Cups during his time at City, featured in 33 league games last season as Pep Guardiola’s side retained their crown as part of a domestic treble.



    not the biggest city fan usually, but always loved silva to bits. crazy to think he'd have been at city for 10 years when he's leaving. fantastic list of achievements to. loved that he scored that header against italy in euro 2012 final as well.

    Agreed. Hate City, but I've been a fan of Silva after watching him and Villa together at Valencia. Gutted when we didn't sign him and he went to City.
Sign In or Register to comment.