Whom did you pull from the ultimate TOTS SBC?

Comments

• AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 25
    Pepe, Sancho & Sterling – the pace merchants
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    I asked Andy about this, and he had no response, but I'd say that the evidence that these pulls and player picks are influenced by the cards' market value is overwhelming.

Oblak, Alisson, Quags and Chiellini are all the same rating as Havertz (or higher) yet the amount of people pulling Oblak, for example, is much, much higher. Oblak has a higher-rated base card than Havertz, so not even that justification fits (I've seen some people theorizing just that).

This isn't a coincidence. The implication of this is that EA are indeed manipulating pack weight and, consequently, the market.

Is this ethical? I need an answer. I don't know if this is ethical. Is manipulating pack weights or pull rates in order for people to get the cheaper players of the exact same rating a heck of a lot more often than the expensive ones ethical? I'd say it's about as ethical as Ponzi schemes.

How many more times have you had kagawa than you had kimpembe

Or to make it even easier we will compare 2 cbs 83 savic and 83 kimpembe
  • Springveldt
    4593 posts National Call-Up
    Benzema, Robertson & Koulibaly – consolation prizes
    NBsJm4v_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Was hoping to get something that would at least tempt me back to play a few games for the last couple of months of the game.

All I got were goalkeepers or fullbacks from the SBCs. Garbage.
  • XMike4
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Reus & Messi – the artists
    Finally! Messi. Best pull in all year
  • Ben
    3309 posts National Call-Up
    Bernardo Silva, Kimmich, Oblak, Quags, Chiellini, Alisson & Sarabia – the daggers in the dark
    Goalkeepers are hard coded to be packed twice as often as other cards
  • JohnDoe
    11276 posts Has That Special Something
    Not doing this SBC.
    AlbinoXI wrote: »
    I asked Andy about this, and he had no response, but I'd say that the evidence that these pulls and player picks are influenced by the cards' market value is overwhelming.

Oblak, Alisson, Quags and Chiellini are all the same rating as Havertz (or higher) yet the amount of people pulling Oblak, for example, is much, much higher. Oblak has a higher-rated base card than Havertz, so not even that justification fits (I've seen some people theorizing just that).

This isn't a coincidence. The implication of this is that EA are indeed manipulating pack weight and, consequently, the market.

Is this ethical? I need an answer. I don't know if this is ethical. Is manipulating pack weights or pull rates in order for people to get the cheaper players of the exact same rating a heck of a lot more often than the expensive ones ethical? I'd say it's about as ethical as Ponzi schemes.

How many more times have you had than you had kimpembe

Remember when Dost and Mboopi were both 83-rated, but Dost was going for like 2k and Mboopi for over 20k? I remember packing Dost several times that year, yet I never even caught a glimpse of Mboopi in my packs. What a wacky coincidence.
  • Dalebert
    594 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Benzema, Robertson & Koulibaly – consolation prizes
    Robertson. Note I have to either drop EL Alonso or move one of them to right back
  • Ricky0G
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Van dijk but already have his sbc card 🤮.
  • bezo85
    1043 posts Professional
    Bernardo Silva, Kimmich, Oblak, Quags, Chiellini, Alisson & Sarabia – the daggers in the dark
    Sarabia. The worst. I would have even been happy with Alisson as I have him traceable in my team. 😡
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up

It is not only the market value.. I believe it is also your previous pack pulls/cards... Have read so many getting dupes... be it VVD, Alison, Sterling... or anyone...
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero

Remember when Dost and Mboopi were both 83-rated, but Dost was going for like 2k and Mboopi for over 20k? I remember packing Dost several times that year, yet I never even caught a glimpse of Mboopi in my packs. What a wacky coincidence.

We’ve all known for a long time what this game is and personally My journey ends in 19, mainly as I just can’t justify the time it requires anymore and secondly I just feel like the effort and mental energy required to compete at any standard is completely unhealthy
  • JohnDoe
    Not doing this SBC.

We’ve all known for a long time what this game is and personally My journey ends in 19, mainly as I just can’t justify the time it requires anymore and secondly I just feel like the effort and mental energy required to compete at any standard is completely unhealthy

The games feels like a massive grind. And then we grind and we grind and we grind to get Sarabia in the end.

I'm sure people are really glad EA decided to yeet so many filler players into this Ultimate TOTS. What a fantastic end to an even better promo. Even the GKs aren't a requirement.

If EA wanted to, they could've given us a squad with only players over a mill, just so everyone could get a good player. And many of us have been getting GKs and overall really crap cards on a consistent basis. No Neymar, no Hazard, no so many other players which could've made it in, but heck, we got Sarabia. Now that's what the people want.
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero

The games feels like a massive grind. And then we grind and we grind and we grind to get Sarabia in the end.

I'm sure people are really glad EA decided to yeet so many filler players into this Ultimate TOTS. What a fantastic end to an even better promo. Even the GKs aren't a requirement.

If EA wanted to, they could've given us a squad with only players over a mill, just so everyone could get a good player. And many of us have been getting GKs and overall really crap cards on a consistent basis. No Neymar, no Hazard, no so many other players which could've made it in, but heck, we got Sarabia. Now that's what the people want.

It was no different last year, during tots I done both league guarantees weekly my beat pull was Alba I had crap luck last year crap luck this year and next year il have no luck as I won’t be back
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2920 posts Fans' Favourite
    Last year at tots I was packing decent cards like kdb etc. It influenced my decision to get fifa 19
    After this tots I've come to the conclusion I'm not getting fifa 20. As people have said the game is not fun you grind for 9 months to get utter crap.
    Personally I'm gonna get cod or invest my free time in red dead
  • Double_D
    459 posts Sunday League Hero
    Got Oblak. Is he any better than NIF Courtois?
  • Cheesyballs1970
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    At least in FIFA 18 got some good TOTS Azpi, Ronaldo, Mbappe and Azpi.
    Here utter rubbish not once a high decent ST ......
  • JohnDoe
    Not doing this SBC.

It was no different last year, during tots I done both league guarantees weekly my beat pull was Alba I had crap luck last year crap luck this year and next year il have no luck as I won’t be back

I did the first three major league guaranteed SBCs this year and then I just gave up on them. Waste of coins. And sure, someone will get a Ronaldo or a Reus, but the vast, vast majority of players will be getting at least keepers in 4/6 guaranteed SBCs, with a couple of crap defenders thrown in for good measure.
  • Kenny_Powers
    53 posts Park Captain
    CR7 & Mbappe – the king and his heir
    Mbappe. The week I promise my missus I’m quitting 😂
  • Ultramantis
    90 posts Park Captain
    LMAO 83.71% crap so far. Not even unbelievable how they can do this in the last week of June. Utter hors**hit. They can design all the cards they want to look at night and be ecstatic that no one got them. And maybe then ***** them up their greedy ***
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero

Get ya self on internet and order a new one, bin the cow
  • Maluku-AK
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Got b. Silva. Might replace if modric in my team. But tried so many and keep coming back to him. Will try him anyway. Could've been worse
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero

*honey if you are actively reading the forums to see what bollocks I’m talking and you’re reading this I would never do this to you
  • Kenny_Powers
    53 posts Park Captain
    CR7 & Mbappe – the king and his heir

Thanks for the great advice. You should be a relationship councillor.
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero

Thanks for the great advice. You should be a relationship councillor.

Haha price list would be in sbc fodder and Fifa points
  • aladdin
    891 posts Semi-Pro
    Not doing this SBC.
    these poll threads are so interesting tbh. steering way clear. got too many crap TOTS keepers as it is
  • Staxdoobie
    680 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not doing this SBC.
    Going nowhere near this. Shame on you, EA. I find it unsavoury that you place such high requirements on these SBCs when YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW POOR THE DROP WEIGHT WILL BE! It genuinely feels like a trap. A troll. A scam. Call it what you will, it feels unpleasant.

All I see is a sea of green! I’ll save this squad to use for Vieira instead, thanks very much.
  • G000ner
    4215 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 25
    Noob_FC wrote: »

It is not only the market value.. I believe it is also your previous pack pulls/cards... Have read so many getting dupes... be it VVD, Alison, Sterling... or anyone...

I'd say that's a coincidence. I've managed to get 0 duplicates, however I have managed to pull one of the lowest valued players every sbc I do (even if their rating is higher than others). These sbcs are a scam.
  • Dochter
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Quag fits my main team so he'll get a run out for a bit until decide if he's good for me or not
  • TeamMushroom
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Nivaze wrote: »
    After all my bad pulls this year I finally get something good!

2ns855x.jpg[IMG][/img]

RB?

TOTS now incorporating FUT birthday position swaps 😂
  • Grub
    470 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ALISSSSSSON
  • DougInskip
    6358 posts League Winner
    Suarez, Van Dijk & Havertz – the old and the new stars
    Bought Kai on Monday, just got him. Sick.