Definitive proof that there is no kick off glitch...

Cortza
792 posts Professional
edited June 23
JcdJgZN.jpg

Happens all the time in real life too EA so GG!

Comments

• Mogga
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You have basically got to activate the dreaded constant pressure and hope for the best half the time.

The starting positions of the entire midfield is ridiculous. Basically 5 seconds of fighting to get them in the right position to defend
  • carolinabluejg
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Time and time again I notice my players reacting much slower after kick off
  • CustardHippo
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've lost count of how many times I have scored or concede within 2 in game minutes of a kick off.
  • Cortza
    792 posts Professional
    Kick off goals and last minute goals are one of my many diseases this game contains!!
  • 3MenandaBebe
    1976 posts Fans' Favourite
    Quick tip for you all is to do the offside trap when opponent is half way between the centre circle and 18 yard box.

You need to be compact and this helps a lot
  • sturges12345
    2840 posts National Call-Up
    Quick tip for you all is to do the offside trap when opponent is half way between the centre circle and 18 yard box.

You need to be compact and this helps a lot

Offside trap barely helps
  • Rossco160715
    2095 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fouling and conceding a free kick is the only way to stop it successfully.
  • kurbalija
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    learn to play
  • Pughy30
    25069 posts Player of the Year
    Kick off glitch is just something you have to deal with there's no good way around it even the pro players get **** by it
  • Hulkmodus
    1274 posts Play-Off Hero
    kurbalija wrote: »
    learn to play

Much salt such wow
  • limjitwe
    6489 posts Big Money Move
    Try to move your striker back before kick off. It helps to build an extra layer ahead of your opened back line.
  • Adam_MUFC
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've noticed it too but I kind of blame myself if it happens. I tend to get one of the players standing wide of the semi circle on the halfway line to come in more central and force the player to either pass it wide or attempt to get past me and it seeks to work.

My issue is half time goals. I'm very suspicious, not sure how often it is against me but it feels like 1 in 2 and sometimes its their first shot!
  • Futfanatic
    12142 posts Has That Special Something
    Cortza wrote: »
    Kick off goals and last minute goals are one of my many diseases this game contains!!

Last year I found it worse. I just take out anyone I can from kickoff and hold the ball in the last minutes of the first and second half.
  • JWNYsg
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    “The momentum must be with them now”
  • Notformeclive
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't think there is a "kick off glitch", it is a dead ball glitch, any time the ball goes dead the defending team (aside from the guy you're controlling, obviously) is stuck in treacle for 5 seconds.

It's why those stupid free kicks where half the team run over the ball are much harder to defend than they should be, even those ones where someone just taps the ball to the side, these are blocked 99.9% of the time IRL.
    Even throw-ins, watch everyone just stand there, for some reason the team defending will just switch off completely every time.

I often spam offside trap and team pressure to try and get them moving about, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

• CharlieC
    5911 posts Big Money Move
    I personally only get kick off goals occasionally. I agree with @Futfanatic that they were worse last year.
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    “The momentum must be with them now”

But u get banned for saying that on this forum even though its in the commentary
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I personally only get kick off goals occasionally. I agree with @Futfanatic that they were worse last year.

They got patched last year this year nothing
  • Wi1son73
    1923 posts Fans' Favourite
    Even if you do defend and intercept the ball, it just keeps going back to them...
    Then you clear the ball, straight to them.. with one pin point header back to one off they’re player, which is surrounded by most of my players.. bang goal..

Most annoying thing is, they’ve had zero chance of scoring normally, but can do with kick off..

Guess we want have any change for Fifa 20
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Offside trap helps me give up a goal 10 out of 10 times.
  • Torn4do
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think the issue stems from the fact that all the defenders are static when the ball is kicked off so takes a bit of time for them to start moving freely and engage.

In normal play they are all moving around trying to mark players and cut off passing lanes, with kick off there isn’t a player anywhere near to them so they just stand still, then by the time a player is near they are too slow to react.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13616 posts Has That Special Something
    Something is different on kickoffs. Players seem slightly slower to react for me.

Booting it out corrects it though
  • CustardHippo
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don't think there is a "kick off glitch", it is a dead ball glitch, any time the ball goes dead the defending team (aside from the guy you're controlling, obviously) is stuck in treacle for 5 seconds.

It's why those stupid free kicks where half the team run over the ball are much harder to defend than they should be, even those ones where someone just taps the ball to the side, these are blocked 99.9% of the time IRL.
    Even throw-ins, watch everyone just stand there, for some reason the team defending will just switch off completely every time.

I often spam offside trap and team pressure to try and get them moving about, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Uhhh those free kicks!! I see the guy stacking up players to take it and just know 2 of them are going to run past the wall, he passes and shoots. I track the run but WHY do none of my players move or react once that pass is played?! Its literally like a free shot from 10 yard no pressure. IRL you would make the runs and get tracked/marked or blocked out. In FIFA its a freebie.
  • DeepStuff
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It will be worse next year when they nerf AI defending.