Prime Gullit

Clanceypants
422 posts Sunday League Hero
I completed the SBC Friday figuring everybody speaks so highly of him I can’t possibly regret doing the untradeable, but he just doesn’t feel agile at all.

I know the problem is me and not Gullit 😂. Any tips for using him? I’ve got him at CCAM in 4231 and I have Hunter but I think I’m going to swap for Maestro. Also got him on stay forward and get in box for crosses.

Comments

• MurkingFools
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    Similar problem i thought i would like PIM Ronaldo but his Aggression feels a bit too low for me

:D
  • 3MenandaBebe
    1976 posts Fans' Favourite
    He’s better at cm or cdm.

Use engine or shadow
  • Boysie91
    7970 posts League Winner
    I use him CM or CAM with shadow and he is my best player.
  • Gripbrah
    529 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When I had him at CCAM I used Sniper for increased agility and finishing.
    Now at CDM I'm using Engine
  • Andyzim
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Leave him on balanced / free roam. He gets all over the pitch.
  • Pikandel
    1034 posts Professional
    Anyone used him as a lone striker?
  • Ftl
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    1 game, went back to cm directly.
  • Headshrinker363
    4680 posts National Call-Up
    I play 4-2-2-2, just added him to the squad for WL. Unsure wether to play him CDM or ST. Think I’m gonna change to 4-1-3-2 and play him CM.
  • Jonboyparker
    5033 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 23
    He fine at CCAM with hunter. But Engine is probably best. You just have to adapt to him. He’s not the agile player that runs rings around people. Treat him more of a bulldog that like to push people out of the way and get in the box.

I actually like his presence at CCAM in a 4231 becuase I have agile players around him. I do stick him at CDM when Aouar comes on though.
  • Clanceypants
    I’m moving him to CDM. Seems to have more impact there.
  • Bags
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect

People say hes wasted there but I much prefer him there. Play him in a 2 CDM formation with a proper CDM alongside him (i.e. Vieira or Kante) and put Gullit on Balanced. He will come forward and help with attack. He's my fav player this year
  • fussydutchman
    738 posts An Exciting Prospect
    CM with shadow in a 5212 and he’s solid. He causes havoc on defense and is great at bringing the ball up and banging in some long shots.

He’s not that quick and nimble and it takes a while for him to get up to speed, so having him as CM where he’s got space to run and carry the ball works best, in my opinion.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4623 posts National Call-Up
    Had prime Gullit for the first time last year (on PS4). I really disliked the card for 20-25 games. But just give it time. Once you get used to him he will completely control the game for you.
  • SanderFC
    2617 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pikandel wrote: »

Yes, he's amazing there.
  • Clanceypants
    Bags wrote: »

People say hes wasted there but I much prefer him there. Play him in a 2 CDM formation with a proper CDM alongside him (i.e. Vieira or Kante) and put Gullit on Balanced. He will come forward and help with attack. He's my fav player this year

I'm selling mid Vieira to buy a new CAM so I'll put him next to TOTS Casemiro.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    My first 30 games with him I was really regretting doing him, since I put Vieira next to his as his CDM partner, he is one of the best players in the game.
  • Jonboyparker
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    My first 30 games with him I was really regretting doing him, since I put Vieira next to his as his CDM partner, he is one of the best players in the game.

He links up the defence and attack really well and it’s nice to have a goal threat from CDM when that ball pops out from the box. A real handful.
  • Pikandel
    1034 posts Professional
    SanderFC wrote: »
    Pikandel wrote: »

Yes, he's amazing there.

Good!
    I want him as CDM in 352, but I want him to play striker in 4231(2) if I’m defending a lead in the last minutes. I currently have PIM Cruyff/PIM Bergkamp as striker in that role, but they lack the physique to play as a targetman.
  • Andyh60
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    just got the 2 88-89 with icon sbc to do so hopefully wont regret it...
  • KinggHuss
    2033 posts Fans' Favourite

exactly how he should be played
  • Dutch3723
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    KinggHuss wrote: »

exactly how he should be played

Completely agree - play him deeper and he's all over the pitch - he'll bully players tracking back as a proper defensive midfielder and will fire in long range goals when coming onto the ball from deep. I too didn't like him at CAM as find (whether this is my playstyle or game mechanics) that a smaller nippier player is more successful there.
  • Clanceypants
    edited June 24
    I have a new found excitement for playing with him at CDM...
    Post edited by Clanceypants on
  • Jonboyparker
    Andyh60 wrote: »

You won’t
  • starfox1284
    1395 posts Professional
    Andyh60 wrote: »

2 85s, 86, and 87 for me....176k currently, might be a few weeks. Gonna play him at cdm with Anchor.
  • Metab0lic
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    Last year he was my central CAM, but this year I'm using him as LCM in the 41212(2). He's an absolute boss there. Feels wasted and expensive for a CM but realistically there will be no one better at the job.
  • Boysie91
    7970 posts League Winner
    I was just looking at my Gullit contribution.
    40 goals
    18 assists
    68 games from CM/CCAM
    Div 1 and WL
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    I use him as a paired striker on my La Liga side and at CF behind FB Ibra at CF on my MLS side....took a few games to get used to him. He dominates any position now.
  • makkan00
    427 posts Sunday League Hero
    Slightly off topic.
    I have bought him off the market and no I do not play WL. SB/DR only.
    So, he may be a bit OTT for my team however the question is;
    1- Shall I sell him and go for SBC considering that I have plenty of disposable tots cards? The incentive is paks.
    2- Or keep tradeable one and sell whenever I feel like.
  • D0lvl
    1205 posts Professional
    Just celebrated 1000+ games with him last night.

My most valuable player in the squad. What a card. No regrets doing the SBC.
  • Headshrinker363
    4680 posts National Call-Up
    I’m still underwhelmed by him. Maybe I’m expecting to much from him.