Dynamic Difficulty in offline mode (Photo inside) + DD in the Terms of service?

Rename123456
95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited June 26
So I'm posting this since I saw the announcement of EA_Andy on June 17 and he doesn't say anything about deleting posts about DD. You can check it here (https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/485956/dynamic-difficulty-adjustment-patent-family#latest )

And this is the photo.

65089371_872959786403747_1063601144221138944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQlJzF7G9Ny7apSPQgPC-YnKn9ZJOaBz3z3jxSXeLAmgR_YsAgQQLBMQngBLGBLKXc4qXIjVj8GMbr9L69D9pd_l&_nc_ht=scontent.fmex15-1.fna&oh=5249f03e49a6d60cc2c91ac023b08156&oe=5D896E73

Also I leave you the image with something that could be DD in the ToS. ( Thanks to @Latanaka )

Screenshot-20190625-211854-You-Tube.jpg
Post edited by Rename123456 on

Comments

• Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Ban incoming!!
  • Rename123456
    Crysister wrote: »
    Ban incoming!!

Why? I'm not breaking any rule..Plus look at the photo, it says DD in there.
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    DD is that Darevil Devil?
  • Gainzy
    1041 posts Professional
    Wow
  • CharlieC
    6677 posts Big Money Move
    They’ve never denied it exists in offline. They have said categorically it isn’t in FUT.
  • Jobiwan
    3226 posts National Call-Up
    CharlieC wrote: »
    They’ve never denied it exists in offline. They have said categorically it isn’t in FUT.

We’ve heard your concerns around the Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment patent family (here and here), and wanted to confirm it’s not used in EA SPORTS FIFA. We would never use it to advantage or disadvantage any group of players against another in any of our games. The technology was designed to explore how we might help players that are having difficulty in a certain area of a game have an opportunity to advance.

This is his post...
  • Rename123456

No..Check Andy announcement. "and wanted to confirm it’s not used in EA SPORTS FIFA".
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Does that mean thats this DD-thing helps people in certain area in a game?

Like, if it was in FIFA, which is clearly not, it would could had helped a bad player to a win??
  • CharlieC
    Jobiwan wrote: »

We’ve heard your concerns around the Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment patent family (here and here), and wanted to confirm it’s not used in EA SPORTS FIFA. We would never use it to advantage or disadvantage any group of players against another in any of our games. The technology was designed to explore how we might help players that are having difficulty in a certain area of a game have an opportunity to advance.

This is his post...

Sorry, I thought he meant UT. Apologies.
  • Jobiwan

This is his post...

No worries just remember them saying it wasn't in fifa at all which i found hard to believe...
  • CharlieC

This is his post...

No worries just remember them saying it wasn't in fifa at all which i found hard to believe...

I thought because they said the bit about advantage/disadvantage a group of players against another it meant online because you play against AI offline.

I’m probably wrong though, it’s been known.
  • Jobiwan

This is his post...

I thought because they said the bit about advantage/disadvantage a group of players against another it meant online because you play against AI offline.

I’m probably wrong though, it’s been known.

It could be read like that too. I thought personally they meant in the game whatsoever but you could be right as well...
  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    This Dangerous Dave saga is getting more and more interesting every day
  • Retro_G
    29068 posts Player of the Year
    Put that up on reddit, will this company ever stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes?
  • Jobiwan
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Put that up on reddit, will this company ever stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes?

In fairness we've been bending over for them for years. They think they can do whatever the hell they like and we'll just take it. No more for me...
  • Retro_G
    29068 posts Player of the Year

In fairness we've been bending over for them for years. They think they can do whatever the hell they like and we'll just take it. No more for me...

I'm not buying Fifa 20. It won't change until a large enough percentage of people stop buying the game. We all know what happens when you go up by two goals, it's all a farce.
  • NathW90
    367 posts An Exciting Prospect
    As if anyone would ever believe the lying scum. We all know the truth, no matter what bull**** PR they churn out.
  • Devers
    7404 posts League Winner
    Soon it will only be the youtubers that will be lining there pockets.

The bubble will burst eventually 😁
  • Jobiwan

I'm not buying Fifa 20. It won't change until a large enough percentage of people stop buying the game. We all know what happens when you go up by two goals, it's all a farce.

Yeah me neither. Only way to try and change something...
  • Low Ki
    11784 posts Has That Special Something
    It 100% exists in squad battles. In the game code it's called "adaptive difficulty".

And TBH its obvious. Just did the Egypt/Nigeria/Senegal objective and after 2 huge wins semi-pro started playing like professional. I've played the game long enough to know the difference between the two settings.
  • Jpo41
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    Guys EA said it is not in the game so that picture must be a fake. Why would EA lie?
  • Low Ki
    11784 posts Has That Special Something
    Because the entire FUT mode is carefully constructed on a foundation of dishonesty and greed.
  • CeeQue
    10966 posts Has That Special Something
    Jpo41 wrote: »
    Guys EA said it is not in the game so that picture must be a fake. Why would EA lie?

deadmanny.png
  • Antiversum
    5776 posts Big Money Move
    Pretty sure the patent does action without you doing anything. Winning every game 7:0 and then a popup message that YOU cuold adjust the difficulty is hardly DDA.

These guys lmao.....
  • ASX
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 23
    It's clearly referencing it not being used in PvP...

"We would never use it to advantage or disadvantage any group of players against another in any of our games."
  • truegunn3r
    8783 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 23
    ASX wrote: »
    It's clearly referencing it not being used in PvP...

"We would never use it to advantage or disadvantage any group of players against another in any of our games."
    That’s after he said:

“wanted to confirm it’s not used in EA SPORTS FIFA
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    I just played against the legendary CPU with a **** surprise mechanism...
  • Diem
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is hilarious. Hundreds of thousands of players, millions of games played, and this message pops up for the first time a couple of days after the EA statement.

Nice Photoshop.
This discussion has been closed.