Best internet provider UK users..

maccag
156 posts Sunday League Hero
My contract is up for renewal and I'm unhappy with my current provider, Virgin Media.
Is there any better internet providers than VM for online gaming in general or do I just persevere with VM.
I have the 200mpbs atm if that helps.i would appreciate any feedback..

Comments

• FixFifaaaaa
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Had the same speed as yours with virgin and it was the shiitiest gameplay ever. Went back to sky. Now i regret that one too. Would love to know. Think you need the business package where u have ur own personal ip and stuffs to get the best out of your internet. Look into it. Think pulsenet provides special gaming package for gamers. Heard good things about them online.
  • AlbinoXI
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    Had the same speed as yours with virgin and it was the shiitiest gameplay ever. Went back to sky. Now i regret that one too. Would love to know. Think you need the business package where u have ur own personal ip and stuffs to get the best out of your internet. Look into it. Think pulsenet provides special gaming package for gamers. Heard good things about them online.

I find virgin media to be fine with everything but Fifa, I do use the super hub 3 in modem mode though and use a nighthawk router
  • Tymsy83
    872 posts Semi-Pro
    Changing provider won't make a difference, its lack of EA server in the UK. Our closest is Ireland
  • paul24878306
    4700 posts Big Money Move
    Non are great. Virgin is slightly better than the others.
  • Retro_G
    27405 posts Player of the Year
    AlbinoXI wrote: »

I find virgin media to be fine with everything but Fifa, I do use the super hub 3 in modem mode though and use a nighthawk router

I've the same experience mate, also use the super hub 3 in modem mode. It's not our connections, tried multiple ISP's over the years and they're all the same with Fifa.
  • n2j2000
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    Trust me, I know you think Virgin is bad but I’ve tried Virgin, BT and Sky and Virgin was the best out of those three easily.
  • AlbinoXI
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    AlbinoXI wrote: »

I've the same experience mate, also use the super hub 3 in modem mode. It's not our connections, tried multiple ISP's over the years and they're all the same with Fifa.

Yeah but ea are sure it’s us mate so I dunno 😉
  • Pacey3_16
    1762 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've had virgin, bt, sky, talk talk, ee and virgin are by far the best
  • The_WC
    482 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You need to configure your own settings on the router and ethernet connection is a must. Download speed has only a small amount to do with it. You need to set your IP as static on the router advanced settings and then dmz that ip also in your advanced settings and then make sure if you can that the console is the only device connected via ethernet. I just changed to sky and it was horse **** when I first used it but after doing all of that i haven't lagged once since
  • DicaniosGod
    4870 posts Big Money Move
    Virgin is best
  • Westy12
    71 posts Park Captain
    Virgin is worse than talk talk.
  • FixFifaaaaa
    The_WC wrote: »
    You need to configure your own settings on the router and ethernet connection is a must. Download speed has only a small amount to do with it. You need to set your IP as static on the router advanced settings and then dmz that ip also in your advanced settings and then make sure if you can that the console is the only device connected via ethernet. I just changed to sky and it was horse **** when I first used it but after doing all of that i haven't lagged once since

What router are u using for or with sky? Can u do a step by step process pls?
  • The_WC
    482 posts An Exciting Prospect

I'm just using the basic sky router I use the plugs that can connect ethernet via the mains electric I went out and bought 2 cat7 cables too. One from router to plug and 1 from other plug to ps4. I will have look at it tomorrow and post here.
  • IAIK7
    3142 posts National Call-Up
    Wouldn't recommend BT or Talk Talk and they're average. Not tried Virgin but it seems that it's the way to go.
  • Boysie91
    7969 posts League Winner
    Don't touch sky I know 3 people who have it and can't get a solid connection let alone be able to play xbox online.

Virgin is the best of the bunch
  • Westy12
    71 posts Park Captain
    BT must be up there with the best, Sky is the other option.
  • Retro1989
    4344 posts National Call-Up
    Sky is the best i can get in my area, had it for years and apart from 1 or 2 connection drops a week (happens at night) which requires the router to be restarted i can't really complain.
    8356634211.png
    I had Virgin at my old address and while the speed was great it always dropped connection multiple times a day (sometimes it would be off all day).
  • AlbinoXI
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    EF07560-A-6-C66-4-D73-BB40-FC1-FA64-F4-A13.png

Virgin media
  • Daveangel
    70 posts Park Captain
    You need to create a static up he is right it will make the gameplay better but not excellent I’m with sky and doing this has helped but still get delay just not as bad
  • BeastlyHusla
    2510 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its not your broadband but servers you get placed in. Im on virgin media 200mbp. I have very good connection to people in US etc but always crap for fifa.

Ive played with friend who lives on same street. Hes on talk talk, when we play itd make him host so connection is terrible.
  • NornIron
    11023 posts Has That Special Something
    Sky, BT, Plusnet etc are all the same Virgin is the only one different. Neither work for FIFA as it's the servers. Maybe Dial up if it's still available.
  • LiamSully
    5968 posts Big Money Move
    Virgin is the best in most of the UK
    There was some problems the past few days in London/SE England but I think they’ve sorted it now
  • MurkingFools
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    Like other have said virgin is the most for most of the Uk

It’s not the isp, it’s fifa serves go play another game and see if you get any problems I don’t with any other game, only with fifa and their poor poor poor poor very very very bad bad bad servers
  • maccag
    156 posts Sunday League Hero

Cheers, will do

@FixFifaaaaa I would appreciate it as well if you could do a step by step before I decide on anything.. it might help it might not..
    Cheers for the other feedback guys and it does make you wonder what service your paying for...
  • phil_88
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hyper optic they do upto 1gb internet
  • Royboy
    613 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ummmmmm..... is there any Verizon user? xD
  • WryLucky
    1362 posts Professional
    8357377303.png
  • FixFifaaaaa
    WryLucky wrote: »
    8357377303.png

What network? Delay?
  • Arsence
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Download speed doesn't matter past around 2Mbps for FIFA, reliability, consistency and latency are the main factors for a good gaming internet connection.
  • Retro_G
    27405 posts Player of the Year
    Arsence wrote: »
    Download speed doesn't matter past around 2Mbps for FIFA, reliability, consistency and latency are the main factors for a good gaming internet connection.

True, that's why I always use dslreports for speed test. Sites like Ookla are terrible, they don't tell you your bufferbloat.

20190610-041508.jpg