Dear EA

EvenAFire
24 posts Last Pick at the Park
Dear EA.
This is a simple question.
How many matches most a player play to get the issue of cheating away from fifa?
5 million each?
Fut on Pc feels neglected and run down by thousands upon thousands of players with legacy defending not giving a simple care that they are ruining a game for another person.
This has gone on for a long time.

Any post on this forum on cheaters or cheating seems to get overlooked.
Is Fifa on PC just going to be a playground for cheaters forever?
How long til this issue starts popping up on PS4 or XBOX are you going to stop it then?

There are players who have bought your game and are being cheated out of wins, rewards and opportunities.
And the reason why is because they play by your rules.
Is that fair?

so will this issue be fixed?
This is the most serious question before Fifa 20!

Comments

• hhoverflow
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No, it won't.

It's the same since Fifa 15. Just check previous forums.

If you buy/sell coins, than they do something because they wanna sell Fifa Points. Other than that, it's cheat free.

Squad Battle TOP 100 is probably 80% cheaters since always.

I know you are disappointed and think it's unfair, but that's life.

EA won't do nothing about it.

Your options are either start cheating, so at least you play equal to equal, or play Seasons and forget FUT.

Best thing I ever did was to forget that FUT cancer tbh.
  • EA_Andy
    3326 posts EA Community Manager
    Cheating is something we take seriously and posts here aren't overlooked.

We have to be careful discussing anyone who might be cheating or using exploits - it's not something we want to make more people aware of in case they are tempted to try the same.

If you have any details about cheating I would always recommend sending me a message directly so I can take a look and pass them onto the relevant teams.
  • maksi
    6616 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 19
    If you really care about cheating you would ban Squad Battles Top 50 players, they are obvious cheaters because they have much higher points collected compared to Top 50 on PS4/XB1.
  • maksi wrote: »
    If you really care about cheating you would ban Squad Battles Top 50 players, they are obvious cheaters because they have much higher points collected compared to Top 50 on PS4/XB1.

Absolutely! Why people on PS4 and Xbox need only about 40k score to get Elite 1. And we need around 60k(!!!) for Elite 1!? Its clearly because lots of people from top 100 are cheaters, and you guys, don't do anything about it!
  • guinho
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    For SB will be hard to EA do something.. they play against CPU who will report them?

EA must try to do something that blocks that programs or codes of cheating.
  • guinho wrote: »
    For SB will be hard to EA do something.. they play against CPU who will report them?

The answer is simple. Easy anti-cheat software. Works a dream for so many competitive online PC games.

Why EA can't just use this is beyond me. Would stop the game even opening with trainer programs on.
  • hhoverflow
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Cheating is something we take seriously and posts here aren't overlooked.

You can't be serious by saying that... It's almost offensive to read this, honestly...

The same problem exist since years, every week there are 2 or 3 posts about this. The game on PC is infested with cheaters since YEARS, basically the SAME cheat with a few differences. Squad Battles top 50 are ALL cheaters since the game was released and this was said and even proved here in this forum maybe more than 10 times. What about Draft then? That's a joke.

And you come here and say that cheating is something you guys take seriously?

Look, I appreciate you answering this thread, but at least you could have the decency to not lie in our face. If EA would take this seriously, we would not have a thread EVERY SINGLE WEEK SINCE THE GAME WAS RELEASED about this subject.

I think the cheat situation probably goes way beyond your power, as probably all you can do is create a ticket to the tech team and hope that they eventually have time to check it out.

But let's be honest here?

- PC market share is very small, so probably your job is to tell people here in the forum that EA takes cheating seriously, so everybody thinks that things will be solved;

- At the same time, EA is concerned about what promo brings money and make people buy Fifa Points;

- When the DEV team has spare time during a sprint, they probably try to do something to "reduce" the problem, most likely following the idea of the stupid product manager that says to disconnect when alt tab is pressed to reduce cheaters, but unfortunately that PM is a trainee that has no clue about the problem and decide to not spend time on it, since the profit that comes from the PC market share is very small;

Long story short, probably nothing will be done.

More than that, soon the promos for Fifa 20 starts, announcing the new "FUT mode", the new "dribbling mechanics", the new "artificial intelligence of the players", but the game will be released and we will have the same problems we have right now, which is a game infested with cheaters, in single player mode and multiplayer mode too.

Bookmark this message and check in 6 months again.

No, I didn't come from the future. I'm just saying what happens year after year in this game, since I started which was Fifa 14.

Thanks god Fifa 19 is my last one and it makes me happy to see more and more people being done with this game.

I guess only thing EA does well, is to win the award of most hated company every year. Congrats, I guess.

• hhoverflow
    guinho wrote: »

The answer is simple. Easy anti-cheat software. Works a dream for so many competitive online PC games.

Why EA can't just use this is beyond me. Would stop the game even opening with trainer programs on.

Are you serious that you don't understand why EA don't use an AC? Have you ever worked before? It's extremely simple:

- EA It's a company, mean, they do business and look for profit
    - They focus on what brings more money
    - This is console and promos and fifa points

Or do you think they should spend hours and hours, buying an AC solution, implementing on their current platform, that probably is a port from consoles and therefore not fully open to implement an AC without a major refactor of the code, testing and working on all agreements for a 10% market share group?

• hhoverflow wrote: »

Are you serious that you don't understand why EA don't use an AC? Have you ever worked before? It's extremely simple:

Or do you think they should spend hours and hours, buying an AC solution, implementing on their current platform, that probably is a port from consoles and therefore not fully open to implement an AC without a major refactor of the code, testing and working on all agreements for a 10% market share group?

You use some big words but you're clearly absolutely clueless.

The implementation would be for the whole of the origin launcher itself. So EVERY single origin game would be covered. Not just FIFA.

They have a LOT of games on the PC and I can guarantee you they earn more than you think from PC gaming.
  • greggles
    1328 posts Professional
    I get that cheating isn't a fifa problem only. The PC community have a bad rep even for the most casual indie games.

This is the first fifa where draft is completly unplayable. This time cheaters have found a way to make your game close as they get the win. Happens in WL as well but usually in the g2+ sections. Its almost impossible to get 4 wins in draft this year where as last year or two you could quite often.

Either the cheaters have increased or EA have become lazy this year in terms of focusing more on coin swapers or sellers or the cheaters are more untracable ether way, EA have to sort it out. It should be Illegal to publish a game to the public like this with the amount of cheaters you face on PC.
  • hhoverflow
    hhoverflow wrote: »

You use some big words but you're clearly absolutely clueless.

The implementation would be for the whole of the origin launcher itself. So EVERY single origin game would be covered. Not just FIFA.

They have a LOT of games on the PC and I can guarantee you they earn more than you think from PC gaming.

You say such a **** like that and tell that I am clueless?

You cannot implement an anti-cheat in an "origin" level. Every game has it's own code, it's own API. To do what you are saying you would have to touch the code of every single game, and every single one of them are different than the other when it comes to code and architechture. Some are a port from console to PC (like Fifa), some are PC only and so on.

Not to mention games that are in Origin, but are not produced by EA, like Battlefield (which is DICE) for example.
    You cannot have heuristic from a FPS game into a soccer game, where the way to cheat is completely different.

You are so clueless on what you are saying that I don't even know how to begin to answer. First step is for you to understand that Origin and EA is not 5 guys sitting on a basement coding every game and coding Origin. They are different units, different center of costs, different geo locations and have different targets.

If you gonna mention VAC, please, google a bit and try to understand how it works before.