Why are people complaining so much about guaranteed TOTS sbc's

Comments

  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

    This. I am not one to spend real money on the game but for those that do 1000 Euro should buy every player especially for a game that restarts every year

    I actually don't agree with this at all. I don't think you should be able to buy all the content in the game for $1000...if you could, then you'd have some players with everything and others with nothing. Even though it's frustrating, I prefer the fact that it's luck based and that you aren't just given every card. (this is coming from someone that has had pretty rough pack weight)

    ETA - I also think it's wasteful to spend money on this game. I can trade and have just as good a team without spending money as those that do. If you want to make the argument that time is money, then that's fine, spend your money to buy the players...but I still don't want those spending large sums to have instant access to all the players.

    'Just as good a team', fair enough. Play enough and do some trading and you can indeed get a good team. But if you don't mind me asking, how close are you to get 95 Ronaldinho? Or 94 Gullit? Or TOTS CR7? Or any of these other elite players. I am sure most of us have a team worth several million by now but most won't ever get close to having the best players players. Only if you spend obscene amounts like these youtubers or pro players which is fine as that's their job and spend every hour of their day on fifa.

    @Kiido Nooo...definitely not saying that these cards should have a value at more than $1000...what I mean is, I don't want them to be available at that amount, because then it would just drive that pay to win gulf even wider, and actually force people to spend money. Knowing that I'm not going to get that much out of my money keeps me from spending it in the first place.

    As for squads, you're right, I don't have 95 Ronaldinho or 94 Gullit (wouldn't play with CR7 because I can't stand him :smile: ). I'm just okay with not having the absolute best. If I traded harder or played more WLs, I probably could get to those guys. The way I see it, those cards are like "beating the game." If everyone could beat the game easily, it wouldn't be very fun.

    I have: TOTS Telles, TOTS Militao, PIM Blanc, TOTS Da Costa, 91 Vieira, 93 Matthaus, TOTS Eriksen, PIM Van Basten, PIM Figo, and NIF Neymar. Considering I haven't spent a penny, that's more than enough for me.

    Yeah, I get you. But I use money as an example as it's easy to make a comparison with. It's difficult to put a price on time as it varies. It's not just 1000 euro that should unlock a large portion of the cards, but also a certain amount of playing time.

    You have played all year and got a decent team just like me, my neighbour and his dog. Combine their total value and you won't even get to 1 of the players I mentioned in total. A years worth of competitive playing/trading in Fifa and you can't get yourself a TOTS Mbappe at this stage of the game. Honestly, if that doesn't make you think twice then I don't know what will bro. I'd like to think we deserve much more than that

    I guess that's where we differ. I think what I have is more than enough for what my skill level is at this game. I finish G2 and am in Div 2. I'm not elite at this game, so why should I have all the players? If I was the very best at the game, then I would have all of the content. Not being able to get everything provides an incentive to get better, at least in my eyes.
  • Vezzo
    877 posts Semi-Pro
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    Actually I don't believe this.
  • Kiido
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

    This. I am not one to spend real money on the game but for those that do 1000 Euro should buy every player especially for a game that restarts every year

    I actually don't agree with this at all. I don't think you should be able to buy all the content in the game for $1000...if you could, then you'd have some players with everything and others with nothing. Even though it's frustrating, I prefer the fact that it's luck based and that you aren't just given every card. (this is coming from someone that has had pretty rough pack weight)

    ETA - I also think it's wasteful to spend money on this game. I can trade and have just as good a team without spending money as those that do. If you want to make the argument that time is money, then that's fine, spend your money to buy the players...but I still don't want those spending large sums to have instant access to all the players.

    'Just as good a team', fair enough. Play enough and do some trading and you can indeed get a good team. But if you don't mind me asking, how close are you to get 95 Ronaldinho? Or 94 Gullit? Or TOTS CR7? Or any of these other elite players. I am sure most of us have a team worth several million by now but most won't ever get close to having the best players players. Only if you spend obscene amounts like these youtubers or pro players which is fine as that's their job and spend every hour of their day on fifa.

    @Kiido Nooo...definitely not saying that these cards should have a value at more than $1000...what I mean is, I don't want them to be available at that amount, because then it would just drive that pay to win gulf even wider, and actually force people to spend money. Knowing that I'm not going to get that much out of my money keeps me from spending it in the first place.

    As for squads, you're right, I don't have 95 Ronaldinho or 94 Gullit (wouldn't play with CR7 because I can't stand him :smile: ). I'm just okay with not having the absolute best. If I traded harder or played more WLs, I probably could get to those guys. The way I see it, those cards are like "beating the game." If everyone could beat the game easily, it wouldn't be very fun.

    I have: TOTS Telles, TOTS Militao, PIM Blanc, TOTS Da Costa, 91 Vieira, 93 Matthaus, TOTS Eriksen, PIM Van Basten, PIM Figo, and NIF Neymar. Considering I haven't spent a penny, that's more than enough for me.

    Yeah, I get you. But I use money as an example as it's easy to make a comparison with. It's difficult to put a price on time as it varies. It's not just 1000 euro that should unlock a large portion of the cards, but also a certain amount of playing time.

    You have played all year and got a decent team just like me, my neighbour and his dog. Combine their total value and you won't even get to 1 of the players I mentioned in total. A years worth of competitive playing/trading in Fifa and you can't get yourself a TOTS Mbappe at this stage of the game. Honestly, if that doesn't make you think twice then I don't know what will bro. I'd like to think we deserve much more than that

    I guess that's where we differ. I think what I have is more than enough for what my skill level is at this game. I finish G2 and am in Div 2. I'm not elite at this game, so why should I have all the players? If I was the very best at the game, then I would have all of the content. Not being able to get everything provides an incentive to get better, at least in my eyes.

    So basically you don't deserve good players because you are average at Fifa. Is that what you are trying to say in this argument? If that's then case then I am afraid we are very indeed.

    And like I said, you are talking about 'all the players'. We aren't talking about 'all the players', you can't even afford Mbappe leave alone the other 10. There is quite a gap to close between not being able to buy 1 elite player and having all the (elite) players.
  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

    This. I am not one to spend real money on the game but for those that do 1000 Euro should buy every player especially for a game that restarts every year

    I actually don't agree with this at all. I don't think you should be able to buy all the content in the game for $1000...if you could, then you'd have some players with everything and others with nothing. Even though it's frustrating, I prefer the fact that it's luck based and that you aren't just given every card. (this is coming from someone that has had pretty rough pack weight)

    ETA - I also think it's wasteful to spend money on this game. I can trade and have just as good a team without spending money as those that do. If you want to make the argument that time is money, then that's fine, spend your money to buy the players...but I still don't want those spending large sums to have instant access to all the players.

    'Just as good a team', fair enough. Play enough and do some trading and you can indeed get a good team. But if you don't mind me asking, how close are you to get 95 Ronaldinho? Or 94 Gullit? Or TOTS CR7? Or any of these other elite players. I am sure most of us have a team worth several million by now but most won't ever get close to having the best players players. Only if you spend obscene amounts like these youtubers or pro players which is fine as that's their job and spend every hour of their day on fifa.

    @Kiido Nooo...definitely not saying that these cards should have a value at more than $1000...what I mean is, I don't want them to be available at that amount, because then it would just drive that pay to win gulf even wider, and actually force people to spend money. Knowing that I'm not going to get that much out of my money keeps me from spending it in the first place.

    As for squads, you're right, I don't have 95 Ronaldinho or 94 Gullit (wouldn't play with CR7 because I can't stand him :smile: ). I'm just okay with not having the absolute best. If I traded harder or played more WLs, I probably could get to those guys. The way I see it, those cards are like "beating the game." If everyone could beat the game easily, it wouldn't be very fun.

    I have: TOTS Telles, TOTS Militao, PIM Blanc, TOTS Da Costa, 91 Vieira, 93 Matthaus, TOTS Eriksen, PIM Van Basten, PIM Figo, and NIF Neymar. Considering I haven't spent a penny, that's more than enough for me.

    Yeah, I get you. But I use money as an example as it's easy to make a comparison with. It's difficult to put a price on time as it varies. It's not just 1000 euro that should unlock a large portion of the cards, but also a certain amount of playing time.

    You have played all year and got a decent team just like me, my neighbour and his dog. Combine their total value and you won't even get to 1 of the players I mentioned in total. A years worth of competitive playing/trading in Fifa and you can't get yourself a TOTS Mbappe at this stage of the game. Honestly, if that doesn't make you think twice then I don't know what will bro. I'd like to think we deserve much more than that

    I guess that's where we differ. I think what I have is more than enough for what my skill level is at this game. I finish G2 and am in Div 2. I'm not elite at this game, so why should I have all the players? If I was the very best at the game, then I would have all of the content. Not being able to get everything provides an incentive to get better, at least in my eyes.

    So basically you don't deserve good players because you are average at Fifa. Is that what you are trying to say in this argument? If that's then case then I am afraid we are very indeed.

    And like I said, you are talking about 'all the players'. We aren't talking about 'all the players', you can't even afford Mbappe leave alone the other 10. There is quite a gap to close between not being able to buy 1 elite player and having all the (elite) players.

    Yes, I'm saying that I feel like I have good players that are reflective of what I've earned throughout the game.

    And I could afford 1 of the players you're mentioning very easily...if I used the coins I have and sold my PIM Figo and maybe downgraded at one other position, I could have TOTS Messi or TOTY Mbappe if I wanted to go that route.

    I completely respect your opinion, by the way, and do see where you're coming from. I just think that for the way that Ultimate Team is structured, it's actually better to have it so not everyone playing can achieve the very best players.
  • Mrhey31
    1193 posts Professional
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    You get a free shot at an elite player but the game is rigged. I suppose its coincidence that in every big league ive gotten keepers just like others. They're charging what 100k to do this then screwing everybody over with keepers that turn into crap every two games...

    Cut it out with the swearing ~Rtas

    Didnt see any swear Words but he is right.
  • ITSSPENO
    1950 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    Ah, so no source. Care to explain the rest? I didn’t ask about the probability of packing TOTS or whatever, I know that’s out there for the world to see. But the rest of it, my guy, could use some clearing up. Is pack weight based on market value? Are the odds of getting specific players in picks based on market value?

    That's not information I have to share I'm afraid.

    It also isn't related to the original point I referred to which was we punish players by affecting their rewards - we don't.

    Shame, and you were doing so well with the information disclosure up to this point. Maybe you can pass this on to the devs so we could get a response?

    We can ask but ultimately there will always be things we won't be able to talk about or disclose.

    I think we've improved on our communication and transparency this year. Is it where it needs to be? Not yet.

    Will we ever be able to talk about absolutely anything and everything? Probably not.

    @EA_Andy Appreciate your efforts trying to explain these things through to us as much as you are allowed to, but your comment above directly states there are things that are hidden from us on purpose.

    What possible reason would EA have of hiding things from us (with the exception of security sensitive info) other than foul play? There are fishy practices being used in this game, and alot of people are tired if it. This forum attracts more and more negative comments each year than the last.
  • Rossco160715
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    There’s 10 of us in WhatsApp. 2 who spend an absolute fortune. Coincidently it’s the same two who have pulled the following

    French
    Mbappe, Di Maria

    Italy
    Chiellini, Gomez

    England
    Rubbish

    Germany
    Havertz, Da Costa

    Dutch
    Dumfries, both.

    La Liga
    Rubbish


    Whilst the rest of us have pulled goalkeepers.


    Icon sbc
    Eusebio and Vieira
    The other got Rio and Figo

    The rest get keepers or useless players.


    Red picks every week are far better despite struggling to reach gold 3. Their picks are insane.

    If EA are adamant their pack weights are not altered because of their cash input then so be it. This is the worst pack luck I’ve ever had and lo and behold, I haven’t spent a fortune this year.

  • DasPonyboy
    198 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    So you are telling me, that there isn't something like a momentum shift after kick off?

    And that was not meant to stop people from winning?

    Correct, no such thing.

    Lol. Anyone who has played the game 3 times knows that’s not true. You have a patent on it but I know “just because it’s patented doesn’t mean it’s utilized in game”. Fact is EA has lied a million times to its customer base but still asks us to believe. The way EA treats customers would never work anywhere else but gets away with it bc of the it’s customers love of football and that’s it’s really the only option out there.

  • xEB50x
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I thought I read in the Patten a couple weeks ago that pack weight was manipulated by your amount of game play and whatever other factors they are using with the DDA and so forth?
  • Staxdoobie
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    xEB50x wrote: »
    I thought I read in the Patten a couple weeks ago that pack weight was manipulated by your amount of game play and whatever other factors they are using with the DDA and so forth?

    Oooh. Shhh.
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    nitraw wrote: »
    hey you guys remember fut before fifa 18?

    cause i do. we never had guaranteed tots sbcs until last year. sure we had tournaments for some tots cards but you never had a chance to get a killer card for 70 or 80 k. i remember last year thinking oh man how nice of ea to hook us up with this!

    this year i'm still happy to see these sbcs back. sure they cost more......and? at this point in the game, if you've been playing since at least xmas, you should have a bunch of high untradeables. i havent even done any of the weekly objective players and i was able to do every league sbc outside of serie a cause i really had no need for any serie a players.

    we could just go back to NOT having any tots sbcs. since people are complaining so much, just get rid of them. go buy whoever you want with your coins and enjoy their prices being much higher due to no sbcs.

    yea thats a good alternative. some people just cant be satisfied regardless of what you do. yall need to learn to not look into a gifted horse's mouth sometimes.

    I don't really have a problem with the TOTS SBCs this year. Sure, the ratings could be lower and we could have 2 SBCs per week, like last year, but the mentality displayed in your post is something else. To you, we live in a black and white world, where the only options are accepting the status quo or going back to something worse, stuck in a false dichotomy. Is that it?

    Reading your post also left me wondering if you see yourself as a customer. Did you not pay for this game, at the very least? Do you not want the best value possible for what you spent? And this isn't a matter of this game being poor value for money, it's a matter of always wanting better. And any company should strive to continuously improve their products, listening to their customers in the process and taking their feedback into account.

    In these forums, we aren't always treated like the paying customers we are. All of us have at least spent money on the game, but the mods have no qualm with portraying themselves as judge, jury and executioner, while treating us, at times, in a somewhat condescending manner.

    And that shows how EA see us, as bags of money. We aren't customers, we're just seen as caged animals they can milk for cash. And who can blame them, when some (or maybe a lot) of the members of this community see themselves that way? Or at least accept their status as a bag of money?

    Try to be more demanding. It's your right to do so, within reason, as a customer. And it's not unreasonable to ask for EA to fix their game, the game that makes them hundreds of millions per year, and which we pay for.

    very valid points you made. and trust me, i have 2 minds about this. on one hand, yes i am a paying customer and i should demand more. but then on the other hand, i purchased what i purchased for 60 dollars. any "extra" content that gets released is "free" on this game. As in, you dont have to buy a map or more characters to play the game and enjoy it to the fullest. Yea most of us buy this for the ultimate team and the whole year thats all we play.

    my issue that i see a lot on these forums, is entitlement. You actually made several very good points that do not come off that way. i just see so much of this " ea is f..... us!!!" all over the place. In my opinion, the amount of content and giving back to the community has only increased over the years. ive played UT since fifa 12.

    I feel like people take everything positive for granted and focus on the negative instead. that drives me up the wall.
  • EekAlaska
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    If EA have screwed up on rewards and everything else why would we possibly believe that all people have the same pack probabilities. It's clearly not true and even an employee can't possibly believe it is.
  • JohnDoe
    11199 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 19
    nitraw wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    nitraw wrote: »
    hey you guys remember fut before fifa 18?

    cause i do. we never had guaranteed tots sbcs until last year. sure we had tournaments for some tots cards but you never had a chance to get a killer card for 70 or 80 k. i remember last year thinking oh man how nice of ea to hook us up with this!

    this year i'm still happy to see these sbcs back. sure they cost more......and? at this point in the game, if you've been playing since at least xmas, you should have a bunch of high untradeables. i havent even done any of the weekly objective players and i was able to do every league sbc outside of serie a cause i really had no need for any serie a players.

    we could just go back to NOT having any tots sbcs. since people are complaining so much, just get rid of them. go buy whoever you want with your coins and enjoy their prices being much higher due to no sbcs.

    yea thats a good alternative. some people just cant be satisfied regardless of what you do. yall need to learn to not look into a gifted horse's mouth sometimes.

    I don't really have a problem with the TOTS SBCs this year. Sure, the ratings could be lower and we could have 2 SBCs per week, like last year, but the mentality displayed in your post is something else. To you, we live in a black and white world, where the only options are accepting the status quo or going back to something worse, stuck in a false dichotomy. Is that it?

    Reading your post also left me wondering if you see yourself as a customer. Did you not pay for this game, at the very least? Do you not want the best value possible for what you spent? And this isn't a matter of this game being poor value for money, it's a matter of always wanting better. And any company should strive to continuously improve their products, listening to their customers in the process and taking their feedback into account.

    In these forums, we aren't always treated like the paying customers we are. All of us have at least spent money on the game, but the mods have no qualm with portraying themselves as judge, jury and executioner, while treating us, at times, in a somewhat condescending manner.

    And that shows how EA see us, as bags of money. We aren't customers, we're just seen as caged animals they can milk for cash. And who can blame them, when some (or maybe a lot) of the members of this community see themselves that way? Or at least accept their status as a bag of money?

    Try to be more demanding. It's your right to do so, within reason, as a customer. And it's not unreasonable to ask for EA to fix their game, the game that makes them hundreds of millions per year, and which we pay for.

    very valid points you made. and trust me, i have 2 minds about this. on one hand, yes i am a paying customer and i should demand more. but then on the other hand, i purchased what i purchased for 60 dollars. any "extra" content that gets released is "free" on this game. As in, you dont have to buy a map or more characters to play the game and enjoy it to the fullest. Yea most of us buy this for the ultimate team and the whole year thats all we play.

    my issue that i see a lot on these forums, is entitlement. You actually made several very good points that do not come off that way. i just see so much of this " ea is f..... us!!!" all over the place. In my opinion, the amount of content and giving back to the community has only increased over the years. ive played UT since fifa 12.

    I feel like people take everything positive for granted and focus on the negative instead. that drives me up the wall.

    Content has indeed been a lot better. I've been playing UT since FIFA 14 (a tiny bit in 13) and I do remember the market being completely borked due to coin selling. I remember Ronaldo and Messi going for 15 mill. Funny that, at the time, there weren't as many complaints regarding player prices, and loads of people had the coinage for 100+ mill squads. Expert traders were all over the place, and coin selling sites made their money from... uh, who knows. Anyway, I digress. You are correct, content has been better, but there's no denying TOTS SBCs this year are a step back from what we had last year, for example. And EA could easily give us the same SBCs and upgrades we had last year, yet they chose not to.

    On the other hand, player picks mean you essentially have a shot at 3 untradable TOTS players from a big league per week provided you reach G2, even if most of those turn out to be goalkeepers and other cheap cards (just like the SBCs, lol). It's not all bad, and I could never bring myself to say that this is the worst TOTS ever.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10016 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    When I took my 3 months break, FB Ibra was released, I was aware how cheap it was because of my Discord, but I had no desire to log on and do it.

    When I came back to playing all I saw on the forums was people complaining that everyone has FB Ibra and that it was too cheap and now all teams are boring...blah, blah, blah.

    So if Mbappe, Neymar, CR7 were all cheap, everyone would just moan that they are everywhere in the game...but if they are expensive, everyone moans anyway.

    I've said it hundreds of times before, but you lot could wake up with every player ever released in your account...and you would still find something to moan about.

    Edit...you do wake up with every player...you could always play online divisions and avoid FUT if you wanted.

    I like your thinking process and you are right about Zlatan. It was annoying, but did you ever wonder WHY everyone was using Zlatan? Because it was the only competitive player available to people. Players like CR7, decent icons, good forwards were all very, very expensive. If you give people the choice between all of those players then you would see more variety aswell to a certain extent. Let people choose between The best cards like CR7, Messi, Dinho, Ronaldo, Eusebio, Cruyf, Havertz, Griezmann, Mbappe, Neymar, Aubameyang, Son, Aguero etc etc and what will happen? You would see a variety players.

    Gameplay is flawed so this would indeed mean you would see the effective high end players more frequently. That's another thing for EA to fix and make right as that wasn't always like that either.


    If everyone has access to the top tier players, it just becomes divisions again with your matchups essentially being Madrid V Madrid every game.

    The developers could combat that by using specific team restrictions. They could also flesh out a mode without Fifa points, easily make it last as long. Monthly objectives akin to fut swap, that give you the likes of Ronaldo. I can't wrap my head around people thinking no Fifa points would ruin the mode, when in reality devs could make the mode vastly superior without Fifa points.

    The devs would've creative freedom, wouldn't be forced to make everything revolve around a microtransaction system. Think outside the box mate, the possibilities are endless. There have been plenty of games over the years that had longevity without any microtransactions.

    You can use similar psychological techniques within a game to keep people hooked, without the need for shady business practices. World of Warcraft is a perfect example.

    No FIFA points would ruin the mode, that is a fact, I'm not saying that I'm happy with FPs because I absolutely hate microtransactions. They are insidious and predatory to say the least.

    The fact is, whether we like them or not, they generate so much income for EA, and the shareholders. That's all that matters in business...making money for the shareholders. If you honestly think a removal of FIFA points will lead to a rebirth of FIFA where we all live in a utopia of fairness then you are mistaken.

    All I'm saying is that when they get removed (let's face it, I think they will), they will just look at exploiting us in other ways...if that means paying £1000 to access all content, and if people pay that (many will), then it's a grim future indeed.

    At the moment, as bad as FPs are, you can avoid them and do really well. There's threads upon threads of evidence that people have achieved amazing squads without spending a penny.
  • jplumber
    1424 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    If you're the source, what are you basing your assessment on? Are you a programmer involved in the creation of the game or are you just mouthing the official position of your company??
  • jplumber
    1424 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 19
    If you want people to stop talking, you have to deliver a game that's more balanced, with fewer random events and better gameplay. Maybe you should start delivering that instead of blaming your customers for behind dissatisfied with this inferior product you have delivered. Maybe you should also give people something for their hard earned cash instead of offering ridiculous pack weights
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    When I took my 3 months break, FB Ibra was released, I was aware how cheap it was because of my Discord, but I had no desire to log on and do it.

    When I came back to playing all I saw on the forums was people complaining that everyone has FB Ibra and that it was too cheap and now all teams are boring...blah, blah, blah.

    So if Mbappe, Neymar, CR7 were all cheap, everyone would just moan that they are everywhere in the game...but if they are expensive, everyone moans anyway.

    I've said it hundreds of times before, but you lot could wake up with every player ever released in your account...and you would still find something to moan about.

    Edit...you do wake up with every player...you could always play online divisions and avoid FUT if you wanted.

    I like your thinking process and you are right about Zlatan. It was annoying, but did you ever wonder WHY everyone was using Zlatan? Because it was the only competitive player available to people. Players like CR7, decent icons, good forwards were all very, very expensive. If you give people the choice between all of those players then you would see more variety aswell to a certain extent. Let people choose between The best cards like CR7, Messi, Dinho, Ronaldo, Eusebio, Cruyf, Havertz, Griezmann, Mbappe, Neymar, Aubameyang, Son, Aguero etc etc and what will happen? You would see a variety players.

    Gameplay is flawed so this would indeed mean you would see the effective high end players more frequently. That's another thing for EA to fix and make right as that wasn't always like that either.


    If everyone has access to the top tier players, it just becomes divisions again with your matchups essentially being Madrid V Madrid every game.

    The developers could combat that by using specific team restrictions. They could also flesh out a mode without Fifa points, easily make it last as long. Monthly objectives akin to fut swap, that give you the likes of Ronaldo. I can't wrap my head around people thinking no Fifa points would ruin the mode, when in reality devs could make the mode vastly superior without Fifa points.

    The devs would've creative freedom, wouldn't be forced to make everything revolve around a microtransaction system. Think outside the box mate, the possibilities are endless. There have been plenty of games over the years that had longevity without any microtransactions.

    You can use similar psychological techniques within a game to keep people hooked, without the need for shady business practices. World of Warcraft is a perfect example.

    No FIFA points would ruin the mode, that is a fact, I'm not saying that I'm happy with FPs because I absolutely hate microtransactions. They are insidious and predatory to say the least.

    The fact is, whether we like them or not, they generate so much income for EA, and the shareholders. That's all that matters in business...making money for the shareholders. If you honestly think a removal of FIFA points will lead to a rebirth of FIFA where we all live in a utopia of fairness then you are mistaken.

    All I'm saying is that when they get removed (let's face it, I think they will), they will just look at exploiting us in other ways...if that means paying £1000 to access all content, and if people pay that (many will), then it's a grim future indeed.

    At the moment, as bad as FPs are, you can avoid them and do really well. There's threads upon threads of evidence that people have achieved amazing squads without spending a penny.

    You're talking nonsense mate, not having fifa points wouldn't ruin the mode, it's not a "fact." There plenty of other ways to monopolize FUT, they could go the route of a monthly season pass with player unlocks, coins after certain levels. You make the game free to play with a monthly season pass that costs £10. EA make £120 on a yearly subscriber, that will easily offset all these whales who spend thousands on the game.

    You earn Ronaldo when you reach max level of the season pass, you need to grind the game to unlock the card, or pay a certain amount to skip levels in the season pass for people who don't have as much time. At least this way, people who put time into the game will get the elite player at the end of the month, overall we've a more balanced and fair Fifa. A proper competitive game.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 19
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

    This. I am not one to spend real money on the game but for those that do 1000 Euro should buy every player especially for a game that restarts every year

    I actually don't agree with this at all. I don't think you should be able to buy all the content in the game for $1000...if you could, then you'd have some players with everything and others with nothing. Even though it's frustrating, I prefer the fact that it's luck based and that you aren't just given every card. (this is coming from someone that has had pretty rough pack weight)

    ETA - I also think it's wasteful to spend money on this game. I can trade and have just as good a team without spending money as those that do. If you want to make the argument that time is money, then that's fine, spend your money to buy the players...but I still don't want those spending large sums to have instant access to all the players.

    'Just as good a team', fair enough. Play enough and do some trading and you can indeed get a good team. But if you don't mind me asking, how close are you to get 95 Ronaldinho? Or 94 Gullit? Or TOTS CR7? Or any of these other elite players. I am sure most of us have a team worth several million by now but most won't ever get close to having the best players players. Only if you spend obscene amounts like these youtubers or pro players which is fine as that's their job and spend every hour of their day on fifa.

    @Kiido Nooo...definitely not saying that these cards should have a value at more than $1000...what I mean is, I don't want them to be available at that amount, because then it would just drive that pay to win gulf even wider, and actually force people to spend money. Knowing that I'm not going to get that much out of my money keeps me from spending it in the first place.

    As for squads, you're right, I don't have 95 Ronaldinho or 94 Gullit (wouldn't play with CR7 because I can't stand him :smile: ). I'm just okay with not having the absolute best. If I traded harder or played more WLs, I probably could get to those guys. The way I see it, those cards are like "beating the game." If everyone could beat the game easily, it wouldn't be very fun.

    I have: TOTS Telles, TOTS Militao, PIM Blanc, TOTS Da Costa, 91 Vieira, 93 Matthaus, TOTS Eriksen, PIM Van Basten, PIM Figo, and NIF Neymar. Considering I haven't spent a penny, that's more than enough for me.

    Yeah, I get you. But I use money as an example as it's easy to make a comparison with. It's difficult to put a price on time as it varies. It's not just 1000 euro that should unlock a large portion of the cards, but also a certain amount of playing time.

    You have played all year and got a decent team just like me, my neighbour and his dog. Combine their total value and you won't even get to 1 of the players I mentioned in total. A years worth of competitive playing/trading in Fifa and you can't get yourself a TOTS Mbappe at this stage of the game. Honestly, if that doesn't make you think twice then I don't know what will bro. I'd like to think we deserve much more than that

    I guess that's where we differ. I think what I have is more than enough for what my skill level is at this game. I finish G2 and am in Div 2. I'm not elite at this game, so why should I have all the players? If I was the very best at the game, then I would have all of the content. Not being able to get everything provides an incentive to get better, at least in my eyes.

    So basically you don't deserve good players because you are average at Fifa. Is that what you are trying to say in this argument? If that's then case then I am afraid we are very indeed.

    And like I said, you are talking about 'all the players'. We aren't talking about 'all the players', you can't even afford Mbappe leave alone the other 10. There is quite a gap to close between not being able to buy 1 elite player and having all the (elite) players.

    Yes, I'm saying that I feel like I have good players that are reflective of what I've earned throughout the game.

    And I could afford 1 of the players you're mentioning very easily...if I used the coins I have and sold my PIM Figo and maybe downgraded at one other position, I could have TOTS Messi or TOTY Mbappe if I wanted to go that route.

    I completely respect your opinion, by the way, and do see where you're coming from. I just think that for the way that Ultimate Team is structured, it's actually better to have it so not everyone playing can achieve the very best players.

    so being top 100 trader in the world should not give you the best team in the game?

    it costs about 50k real life money to buy the best team in fifa. thats a brand new BMW. how can you find this okay in the slightest??
  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

    This. I am not one to spend real money on the game but for those that do 1000 Euro should buy every player especially for a game that restarts every year

    I actually don't agree with this at all. I don't think you should be able to buy all the content in the game for $1000...if you could, then you'd have some players with everything and others with nothing. Even though it's frustrating, I prefer the fact that it's luck based and that you aren't just given every card. (this is coming from someone that has had pretty rough pack weight)

    ETA - I also think it's wasteful to spend money on this game. I can trade and have just as good a team without spending money as those that do. If you want to make the argument that time is money, then that's fine, spend your money to buy the players...but I still don't want those spending large sums to have instant access to all the players.

    'Just as good a team', fair enough. Play enough and do some trading and you can indeed get a good team. But if you don't mind me asking, how close are you to get 95 Ronaldinho? Or 94 Gullit? Or TOTS CR7? Or any of these other elite players. I am sure most of us have a team worth several million by now but most won't ever get close to having the best players players. Only if you spend obscene amounts like these youtubers or pro players which is fine as that's their job and spend every hour of their day on fifa.

    @Kiido Nooo...definitely not saying that these cards should have a value at more than $1000...what I mean is, I don't want them to be available at that amount, because then it would just drive that pay to win gulf even wider, and actually force people to spend money. Knowing that I'm not going to get that much out of my money keeps me from spending it in the first place.

    As for squads, you're right, I don't have 95 Ronaldinho or 94 Gullit (wouldn't play with CR7 because I can't stand him :smile: ). I'm just okay with not having the absolute best. If I traded harder or played more WLs, I probably could get to those guys. The way I see it, those cards are like "beating the game." If everyone could beat the game easily, it wouldn't be very fun.

    I have: TOTS Telles, TOTS Militao, PIM Blanc, TOTS Da Costa, 91 Vieira, 93 Matthaus, TOTS Eriksen, PIM Van Basten, PIM Figo, and NIF Neymar. Considering I haven't spent a penny, that's more than enough for me.

    Yeah, I get you. But I use money as an example as it's easy to make a comparison with. It's difficult to put a price on time as it varies. It's not just 1000 euro that should unlock a large portion of the cards, but also a certain amount of playing time.

    You have played all year and got a decent team just like me, my neighbour and his dog. Combine their total value and you won't even get to 1 of the players I mentioned in total. A years worth of competitive playing/trading in Fifa and you can't get yourself a TOTS Mbappe at this stage of the game. Honestly, if that doesn't make you think twice then I don't know what will bro. I'd like to think we deserve much more than that

    I guess that's where we differ. I think what I have is more than enough for what my skill level is at this game. I finish G2 and am in Div 2. I'm not elite at this game, so why should I have all the players? If I was the very best at the game, then I would have all of the content. Not being able to get everything provides an incentive to get better, at least in my eyes.

    So basically you don't deserve good players because you are average at Fifa. Is that what you are trying to say in this argument? If that's then case then I am afraid we are very indeed.

    And like I said, you are talking about 'all the players'. We aren't talking about 'all the players', you can't even afford Mbappe leave alone the other 10. There is quite a gap to close between not being able to buy 1 elite player and having all the (elite) players.

    Yes, I'm saying that I feel like I have good players that are reflective of what I've earned throughout the game.

    And I could afford 1 of the players you're mentioning very easily...if I used the coins I have and sold my PIM Figo and maybe downgraded at one other position, I could have TOTS Messi or TOTY Mbappe if I wanted to go that route.

    I completely respect your opinion, by the way, and do see where you're coming from. I just think that for the way that Ultimate Team is structured, it's actually better to have it so not everyone playing can achieve the very best players.

    so being top 100 trader in the world should not give you the best team in the game?

    it costs about 50k real life money to buy the best team in fifa. thats a brand new BMW. how can you find this okay in the slightest??

    I don't get where you're coming from...top 100 traders on the year have made over 80 million coins. They can have an absolutely stacked team, and I'm totally fine with that.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10016 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    When I took my 3 months break, FB Ibra was released, I was aware how cheap it was because of my Discord, but I had no desire to log on and do it.

    When I came back to playing all I saw on the forums was people complaining that everyone has FB Ibra and that it was too cheap and now all teams are boring...blah, blah, blah.

    So if Mbappe, Neymar, CR7 were all cheap, everyone would just moan that they are everywhere in the game...but if they are expensive, everyone moans anyway.

    I've said it hundreds of times before, but you lot could wake up with every player ever released in your account...and you would still find something to moan about.

    Edit...you do wake up with every player...you could always play online divisions and avoid FUT if you wanted.

    I like your thinking process and you are right about Zlatan. It was annoying, but did you ever wonder WHY everyone was using Zlatan? Because it was the only competitive player available to people. Players like CR7, decent icons, good forwards were all very, very expensive. If you give people the choice between all of those players then you would see more variety aswell to a certain extent. Let people choose between The best cards like CR7, Messi, Dinho, Ronaldo, Eusebio, Cruyf, Havertz, Griezmann, Mbappe, Neymar, Aubameyang, Son, Aguero etc etc and what will happen? You would see a variety players.

    Gameplay is flawed so this would indeed mean you would see the effective high end players more frequently. That's another thing for EA to fix and make right as that wasn't always like that either.


    If everyone has access to the top tier players, it just becomes divisions again with your matchups essentially being Madrid V Madrid every game.

    The developers could combat that by using specific team restrictions. They could also flesh out a mode without Fifa points, easily make it last as long. Monthly objectives akin to fut swap, that give you the likes of Ronaldo. I can't wrap my head around people thinking no Fifa points would ruin the mode, when in reality devs could make the mode vastly superior without Fifa points.

    The devs would've creative freedom, wouldn't be forced to make everything revolve around a microtransaction system. Think outside the box mate, the possibilities are endless. There have been plenty of games over the years that had longevity without any microtransactions.

    You can use similar psychological techniques within a game to keep people hooked, without the need for shady business practices. World of Warcraft is a perfect example.

    No FIFA points would ruin the mode, that is a fact, I'm not saying that I'm happy with FPs because I absolutely hate microtransactions. They are insidious and predatory to say the least.

    The fact is, whether we like them or not, they generate so much income for EA, and the shareholders. That's all that matters in business...making money for the shareholders. If you honestly think a removal of FIFA points will lead to a rebirth of FIFA where we all live in a utopia of fairness then you are mistaken.

    All I'm saying is that when they get removed (let's face it, I think they will), they will just look at exploiting us in other ways...if that means paying £1000 to access all content, and if people pay that (many will), then it's a grim future indeed.

    At the moment, as bad as FPs are, you can avoid them and do really well. There's threads upon threads of evidence that people have achieved amazing squads without spending a penny.

    You're talking nonsense mate, not having fifa points wouldn't ruin the mode, it's not a "fact." There plenty of other ways to monopolize FUT, they could go the route of a monthly season pass with player unlocks, coins after certain levels. You make the game free to play with a monthly season pass that costs £10. EA make £120 on a yearly subscriber, that will easily offset all these whales who spend thousands on the game.

    You earn Ronaldo when you reach max level of the season pass, you need to grind the game to unlock the card, or pay a certain amount to skip levels in the season pass for people who don't have as much time. At least this way, people who put time into the game will get the elite player at the end of the month, overall we've a more balanced and fair Fifa. A proper competitive game.

    We’ll have to wait and see, but I truly believe that if they aren’t getting the money from FIFA points, the game will suffer as a result.

    They don’t even reinvest a fraction of what they make now, what makes you think that will change if FIFA points go?
  • truegunn3r
    8601 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 19
    Yeah I’ve never got why people are complaining. You literally should be able to get it done with 83s and 84s once you stick in the 3 tots players which you get from weekly objectives.

    I wouldn’t even be bothered if EA asked for a full squad of TOTS players because they’ve been giving me 3 free from objectives every week for the past 5 weeks so I should have many in spare.

    I don’t know how people distinguish what is free and what is not but what I do know is that getting the weekly objective TOTS players did not cost me any players, coins or any other items from my club.

    I haven’t even mentioned the free player pick SBC fodders we get from rewards
  • Ashelf
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I've done the tots this year and i have got goalkeepers in every single one of them. So frustrating.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    When I took my 3 months break, FB Ibra was released, I was aware how cheap it was because of my Discord, but I had no desire to log on and do it.

    When I came back to playing all I saw on the forums was people complaining that everyone has FB Ibra and that it was too cheap and now all teams are boring...blah, blah, blah.

    So if Mbappe, Neymar, CR7 were all cheap, everyone would just moan that they are everywhere in the game...but if they are expensive, everyone moans anyway.

    I've said it hundreds of times before, but you lot could wake up with every player ever released in your account...and you would still find something to moan about.

    Edit...you do wake up with every player...you could always play online divisions and avoid FUT if you wanted.

    I like your thinking process and you are right about Zlatan. It was annoying, but did you ever wonder WHY everyone was using Zlatan? Because it was the only competitive player available to people. Players like CR7, decent icons, good forwards were all very, very expensive. If you give people the choice between all of those players then you would see more variety aswell to a certain extent. Let people choose between The best cards like CR7, Messi, Dinho, Ronaldo, Eusebio, Cruyf, Havertz, Griezmann, Mbappe, Neymar, Aubameyang, Son, Aguero etc etc and what will happen? You would see a variety players.

    Gameplay is flawed so this would indeed mean you would see the effective high end players more frequently. That's another thing for EA to fix and make right as that wasn't always like that either.


    If everyone has access to the top tier players, it just becomes divisions again with your matchups essentially being Madrid V Madrid every game.

    The developers could combat that by using specific team restrictions. They could also flesh out a mode without Fifa points, easily make it last as long. Monthly objectives akin to fut swap, that give you the likes of Ronaldo. I can't wrap my head around people thinking no Fifa points would ruin the mode, when in reality devs could make the mode vastly superior without Fifa points.

    The devs would've creative freedom, wouldn't be forced to make everything revolve around a microtransaction system. Think outside the box mate, the possibilities are endless. There have been plenty of games over the years that had longevity without any microtransactions.

    You can use similar psychological techniques within a game to keep people hooked, without the need for shady business practices. World of Warcraft is a perfect example.

    No FIFA points would ruin the mode, that is a fact, I'm not saying that I'm happy with FPs because I absolutely hate microtransactions. They are insidious and predatory to say the least.

    The fact is, whether we like them or not, they generate so much income for EA, and the shareholders. That's all that matters in business...making money for the shareholders. If you honestly think a removal of FIFA points will lead to a rebirth of FIFA where we all live in a utopia of fairness then you are mistaken.

    All I'm saying is that when they get removed (let's face it, I think they will), they will just look at exploiting us in other ways...if that means paying £1000 to access all content, and if people pay that (many will), then it's a grim future indeed.

    At the moment, as bad as FPs are, you can avoid them and do really well. There's threads upon threads of evidence that people have achieved amazing squads without spending a penny.

    You're talking nonsense mate, not having fifa points wouldn't ruin the mode, it's not a "fact." There plenty of other ways to monopolize FUT, they could go the route of a monthly season pass with player unlocks, coins after certain levels. You make the game free to play with a monthly season pass that costs £10. EA make £120 on a yearly subscriber, that will easily offset all these whales who spend thousands on the game.

    You earn Ronaldo when you reach max level of the season pass, you need to grind the game to unlock the card, or pay a certain amount to skip levels in the season pass for people who don't have as much time. At least this way, people who put time into the game will get the elite player at the end of the month, overall we've a more balanced and fair Fifa. A proper competitive game.

    We’ll have to wait and see, but I truly believe that if they aren’t getting the money from FIFA points, the game will suffer as a result.

    They don’t even reinvest a fraction of what they make now, what makes you think that will change if FIFA points go?

    They'll get the money from season pass, look at how much Fortnite earn. They dwarf what EA earn with their season pass. It's only a small percentage of the player base that are whales now. The majority of the player base would buy a season pass, then you'd have a lot of people who couldn't be arsed grinding the season, they would pay to skip levels in the season pass.
  • Noob_FC
    3148 posts National Call-Up
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    Yeah I’ve never got why people are complaining. You literally should be able to get it done with 83s and 84s once you stick in the 3 tots players which you get from weekly objectives.

    I wouldn’t even be bothered if EA asked for a full squad of TOTS players because they’ve been giving me 3 free from objectives every week for the past 5 weeks so I should have many in spare.

    I don’t know how people distinguish what is free and what is not but what I do know is that getting the weekly objective TOTS players did not cost me any players, coins or any other items from my club.

    I haven’t even mentioned the free player pick SBC fodders we get from rewards

    I am not talking about my pack luck... But your argument is not exactly correct...

    1. It is not free... You have to earn them... Only stuff like 1st futswap player is what is free...
    2. The argument is, Why should I use the player in the Guranteed sbc, when my 100k worth of players (Even untradeables carry a certain value), would fetch me a 40k worth of player more often than not... Seen in the poll....
  • truegunn3r
    8601 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 19
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    Yeah I’ve never got why people are complaining. You literally should be able to get it done with 83s and 84s once you stick in the 3 tots players which you get from weekly objectives.

    I wouldn’t even be bothered if EA asked for a full squad of TOTS players because they’ve been giving me 3 free from objectives every week for the past 5 weeks so I should have many in spare.

    I don’t know how people distinguish what is free and what is not but what I do know is that getting the weekly objective TOTS players did not cost me any players, coins or any other items from my club.

    I haven’t even mentioned the free player pick SBC fodders we get from rewards

    I am not talking about my pack luck... But your argument is not exactly correct...

    1. It is not free... You have to earn them... Only stuff like 1st futswap player is what is free...
    2. The argument is, Why should I use the player in the Guranteed sbc, when my 100k worth of players (Even untradeables carry a certain value), would fetch me a 40k worth of player more often than not... Seen in the poll....

    1. I never said it’s free
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    I don’t know how people distinguish what is free and what is not but what I do know is that getting the weekly objective TOTS players did not cost me any players, coins or any other items from my club.

    2. If don’t buy a lottery ticket, you don’t get a chance to win it. Depends how you see it.

    It’s all subjective and a matter of opinions
  • gorillabear
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    Why should I use the player in the Guranteed sbc, when my 100k worth of players (Even untradeables carry a certain value), would fetch me a 40k worth of player more often than not... Seen in the poll....

    Because you have a chance of packing players worth way more than what you put in. As seen in the polls, some people do pack these players :D
  • Knowlesdinho
    10016 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    When I took my 3 months break, FB Ibra was released, I was aware how cheap it was because of my Discord, but I had no desire to log on and do it.

    When I came back to playing all I saw on the forums was people complaining that everyone has FB Ibra and that it was too cheap and now all teams are boring...blah, blah, blah.

    So if Mbappe, Neymar, CR7 were all cheap, everyone would just moan that they are everywhere in the game...but if they are expensive, everyone moans anyway.

    I've said it hundreds of times before, but you lot could wake up with every player ever released in your account...and you would still find something to moan about.

    Edit...you do wake up with every player...you could always play online divisions and avoid FUT if you wanted.

    I like your thinking process and you are right about Zlatan. It was annoying, but did you ever wonder WHY everyone was using Zlatan? Because it was the only competitive player available to people. Players like CR7, decent icons, good forwards were all very, very expensive. If you give people the choice between all of those players then you would see more variety aswell to a certain extent. Let people choose between The best cards like CR7, Messi, Dinho, Ronaldo, Eusebio, Cruyf, Havertz, Griezmann, Mbappe, Neymar, Aubameyang, Son, Aguero etc etc and what will happen? You would see a variety players.

    Gameplay is flawed so this would indeed mean you would see the effective high end players more frequently. That's another thing for EA to fix and make right as that wasn't always like that either.


    If everyone has access to the top tier players, it just becomes divisions again with your matchups essentially being Madrid V Madrid every game.

    The developers could combat that by using specific team restrictions. They could also flesh out a mode without Fifa points, easily make it last as long. Monthly objectives akin to fut swap, that give you the likes of Ronaldo. I can't wrap my head around people thinking no Fifa points would ruin the mode, when in reality devs could make the mode vastly superior without Fifa points.

    The devs would've creative freedom, wouldn't be forced to make everything revolve around a microtransaction system. Think outside the box mate, the possibilities are endless. There have been plenty of games over the years that had longevity without any microtransactions.

    You can use similar psychological techniques within a game to keep people hooked, without the need for shady business practices. World of Warcraft is a perfect example.

    No FIFA points would ruin the mode, that is a fact, I'm not saying that I'm happy with FPs because I absolutely hate microtransactions. They are insidious and predatory to say the least.

    The fact is, whether we like them or not, they generate so much income for EA, and the shareholders. That's all that matters in business...making money for the shareholders. If you honestly think a removal of FIFA points will lead to a rebirth of FIFA where we all live in a utopia of fairness then you are mistaken.

    All I'm saying is that when they get removed (let's face it, I think they will), they will just look at exploiting us in other ways...if that means paying £1000 to access all content, and if people pay that (many will), then it's a grim future indeed.

    At the moment, as bad as FPs are, you can avoid them and do really well. There's threads upon threads of evidence that people have achieved amazing squads without spending a penny.

    You're talking nonsense mate, not having fifa points wouldn't ruin the mode, it's not a "fact." There plenty of other ways to monopolize FUT, they could go the route of a monthly season pass with player unlocks, coins after certain levels. You make the game free to play with a monthly season pass that costs £10. EA make £120 on a yearly subscriber, that will easily offset all these whales who spend thousands on the game.

    You earn Ronaldo when you reach max level of the season pass, you need to grind the game to unlock the card, or pay a certain amount to skip levels in the season pass for people who don't have as much time. At least this way, people who put time into the game will get the elite player at the end of the month, overall we've a more balanced and fair Fifa. A proper competitive game.

    We’ll have to wait and see, but I truly believe that if they aren’t getting the money from FIFA points, the game will suffer as a result.

    They don’t even reinvest a fraction of what they make now, what makes you think that will change if FIFA points go?

    They'll get the money from season pass, look at how much Fortnite earn. They dwarf what EA earn with their season pass. It's only a small percentage of the player base that are whales now. The majority of the player base would buy a season pass, then you'd have a lot of people who couldn't be arsed grinding the season, they would pay to skip levels in the season pass.

    I don’t know anything about fortnite tbh, show me the figures that are dwarfing EA’s income please.
  • lucas
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    Regarding this matter wouldn’t call yourself trustworthy source and may i ask how you calculate probabilities since there have been multiple documented cases in where people open 10 125k pack @ 25 tots rate and still don’t get anything. You would expect to at least have one in those ( that’s how it should be at such a high probability)
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

    This. I am not one to spend real money on the game but for those that do 1000 Euro should buy every player especially for a game that restarts every year

    I actually don't agree with this at all. I don't think you should be able to buy all the content in the game for $1000...if you could, then you'd have some players with everything and others with nothing. Even though it's frustrating, I prefer the fact that it's luck based and that you aren't just given every card. (this is coming from someone that has had pretty rough pack weight)

    ETA - I also think it's wasteful to spend money on this game. I can trade and have just as good a team without spending money as those that do. If you want to make the argument that time is money, then that's fine, spend your money to buy the players...but I still don't want those spending large sums to have instant access to all the players.

    'Just as good a team', fair enough. Play enough and do some trading and you can indeed get a good team. But if you don't mind me asking, how close are you to get 95 Ronaldinho? Or 94 Gullit? Or TOTS CR7? Or any of these other elite players. I am sure most of us have a team worth several million by now but most won't ever get close to having the best players players. Only if you spend obscene amounts like these youtubers or pro players which is fine as that's their job and spend every hour of their day on fifa.

    @Kiido Nooo...definitely not saying that these cards should have a value at more than $1000...what I mean is, I don't want them to be available at that amount, because then it would just drive that pay to win gulf even wider, and actually force people to spend money. Knowing that I'm not going to get that much out of my money keeps me from spending it in the first place.

    As for squads, you're right, I don't have 95 Ronaldinho or 94 Gullit (wouldn't play with CR7 because I can't stand him :smile: ). I'm just okay with not having the absolute best. If I traded harder or played more WLs, I probably could get to those guys. The way I see it, those cards are like "beating the game." If everyone could beat the game easily, it wouldn't be very fun.

    I have: TOTS Telles, TOTS Militao, PIM Blanc, TOTS Da Costa, 91 Vieira, 93 Matthaus, TOTS Eriksen, PIM Van Basten, PIM Figo, and NIF Neymar. Considering I haven't spent a penny, that's more than enough for me.

    Yeah, I get you. But I use money as an example as it's easy to make a comparison with. It's difficult to put a price on time as it varies. It's not just 1000 euro that should unlock a large portion of the cards, but also a certain amount of playing time.

    You have played all year and got a decent team just like me, my neighbour and his dog. Combine their total value and you won't even get to 1 of the players I mentioned in total. A years worth of competitive playing/trading in Fifa and you can't get yourself a TOTS Mbappe at this stage of the game. Honestly, if that doesn't make you think twice then I don't know what will bro. I'd like to think we deserve much more than that

    I guess that's where we differ. I think what I have is more than enough for what my skill level is at this game. I finish G2 and am in Div 2. I'm not elite at this game, so why should I have all the players? If I was the very best at the game, then I would have all of the content. Not being able to get everything provides an incentive to get better, at least in my eyes.

    So basically you don't deserve good players because you are average at Fifa. Is that what you are trying to say in this argument? If that's then case then I am afraid we are very indeed.

    And like I said, you are talking about 'all the players'. We aren't talking about 'all the players', you can't even afford Mbappe leave alone the other 10. There is quite a gap to close between not being able to buy 1 elite player and having all the (elite) players.

    Yes, I'm saying that I feel like I have good players that are reflective of what I've earned throughout the game.

    And I could afford 1 of the players you're mentioning very easily...if I used the coins I have and sold my PIM Figo and maybe downgraded at one other position, I could have TOTS Messi or TOTY Mbappe if I wanted to go that route.

    I completely respect your opinion, by the way, and do see where you're coming from. I just think that for the way that Ultimate Team is structured, it's actually better to have it so not everyone playing can achieve the very best players.

    so being top 100 trader in the world should not give you the best team in the game?

    it costs about 50k real life money to buy the best team in fifa. thats a brand new BMW. how can you find this okay in the slightest??

    I don't get where you're coming from...top 100 traders on the year have made over 80 million coins. They can have an absolutely stacked team, and I'm totally fine with that.

    runthefutmarket is top 100 trader in the world and cant afford the best team on fifa. he said it in a couple of vids.
  • Renamed12345678
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    How can you play a football game where u can't afford a ronaldo or even an opportunity to get the best player. It is no longer a fottball game but gambling. I hope they get banned in uk
Sign In or Register to comment.