4-4-1-1-formation-guide

Comments

• PelzyWelzy
    9182 posts League Winner
    @Littleland95 - Hey bro.

Going to be using 4411 to start for chem reasons this weekend but figure seeing as I'm starting it may as well give things a whirl (like the good old days eh?).

I assume your stickied tactics from page 1 on your guide are good to go?
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    @Littleland95 - Hey bro.

Going to be using 4411 to start for chem reasons this weekend but figure seeing as I'm starting it may as well give things a whirl (like the good old days eh?).

Using these:

hxr8m2w.jpg

Can use Balanced if you're decent at defending. :)

I have Stay back on Fullbacks.

Balanced on CM with H/H and stay back on Gullit (he'll bomb forward anyways.

LM and RM is balanced and Get In Behind. Have Cut Inside on the best shooter.

CF is on False 9 I think or just Stay Forward and Get In Behind.

ST is on Stay Forward and Get In Behind.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9182 posts League Winner
    @Littleland95 - Hey bro.

Using these:

hxr8m2w.jpg

Sweet, I shall give it a whirl :smile:

Got 19 wins last weekend using NIF Acerbi and Rugani at CB along with NIF De Rossi and SMS in midfield and switching between loan Mertens and Dybala (again just the NIFs) at CAM using a Serie A squad built solely from upgrades :joy:

Combining the best players from it with my regulars like TOTS Hazard, FB Firmino, 93 Aguero etc and strengthening the CB spots a little so hoping it’s enough to see me over the 20 win mark... just fancied a bit of a challenge last weekend - believe me, concentration levels were maxed with Rugani at the back :joy:

Tots Icardi scores 39 in 30 so keeping him at striker :smile:
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator
    @Littleland95 - Hey bro.

Using these:

hxr8m2w.jpg

Got 19 wins last weekend using NIF Acerbi and Rugani at CB along with NIF De Rossi and SMS in midfield and switching between loan Mertens and Dybala (again just the NIFs) at CAM using a Serie A squad built solely from upgrades :joy:

Combining the best players from it with my regulars like TOTS Hazard, FB Firmino, 93 Aguero etc and strengthening the CB spots a little so hoping it’s enough to see me over the 20 win mark... just fancied a bit of a challenge last weekend - believe me, concentration levels were maxed with Rugani at the back :joy:

You're a hero doing that in the WL. :joy:
  • PelzyWelzy
    9182 posts League Winner
    @Littleland95 - Hey bro.

Using these:

hxr8m2w.jpg

Ahh mate, I can't say it passed without incident :joy:

Acerbi was actually pretty good. Strangely I think he has the highest reactions/composure combination of any NIF CB in the game and with him being 6ft4 had little issue there. Rugani though. My God. He was lunging for interceptions with the ball bouncing off his heels for tap ins, giving away pens left, right and centre, struggling to catch up with the continuous tirade of Eusebio's, CR7's and the like we were encountering.

In a funny way I think having those NIF's helped a little though. People no doubt saw the pairings and thought they'd have a field day, drawing them on to me. Icardi mopped up because of it. Was finding him from deep crosses with increasing regularity (especially down the right) and once he got on to the end of a ball he very rarely missed, backed up by the fact he got 39 goals which is one of the higher returns I've had on any striker this year.

Kinda sad to break the team up to be honest, felt like I was on a journey with them and will definitely miss Acerbi and De Rossi (he more than held his own all weekend, even now the NIF is a solid enough CDM if a little slow)... Happy to be shot of TOTS Muriel (woeful), SMS and Rugani though :joy:
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator
    @Littleland95 - Hey bro.

Using these:

hxr8m2w.jpg

Acerbi was actually pretty good. Strangely I think he has the highest reactions/composure combination of any NIF CB in the game and with him being 6ft4 had little issue there. Rugani though. My God. He was lunging for interceptions with the ball bouncing off his heels for tap ins, giving away pens left, right and centre, struggling to catch up with the continuous tirade of Eusebio's, CR7's and the like we were encountering.

In a funny way I think having those NIF's helped a little though. People no doubt saw the pairings and thought they'd have a field day, drawing them on to me. Icardi mopped up because of it. Was finding him from deep crosses with increasing regularity (especially down the right) and once he got on to the end of a ball he very rarely missed, backed up by the fact he got 39 goals which is one of the higher returns I've had on any striker this year.

Kinda sad to break the team up to be honest, felt like I was on a journey with them and will definitely miss Acerbi and De Rossi (he more than held his own all weekend, even now the NIF is a solid enough CDM if a little slow)... Happy to be shot of TOTS Muriel (woeful), SMS and Rugani though :joy:

Fun to test new players even at this stage. You should have tried Romagnoli for Rugani. Romagnoli was really good when I used him early in the game. Much better than Rugani. :joy:

How will the new team look?
  • EisenErmin
    5337 posts Big Money Move
    @Littleland95 - Hey bro.

Using these:

hxr8m2w.jpg

Plying with NIF or otherwise unpopular players has its benefits like you said. Opponents will underestimate you a lot. Played some games with full silver squad in Div.1 and teared a 20million squad apart. Guess what i got a hate meassage later saying how lucky i got. I just answered: "Maybe you are just not good enough when you have to write hate maessages to me playing with a squad worth less in overall than your 3 bronze players on the bench :smile: " Got no further reply after that, i guess he wa speachless in the end :smile:
  • PelzyWelzy
    9182 posts League Winner
    edited June 19
    @Littleland95 - Hey bro.

Using these:

hxr8m2w.jpg

Fun to test new players even at this stage. You should have tried Romagnoli for Rugani. Romagnoli was really good when I used him early in the game. Much better than Rugani. :joy:

How will the new team look?

Not entirely sure on my CB pairing yet, a lot will depend on rewards tomorrow, but this gist of the team will be...

TOTS Donna

TOTS Cancelo
    ????
    ????
    FB Sandro

TOTS Hazard
    ?? Probably best version of Fabinho/Fernandinho can afford!
    FB FIrmino
    TOTS El Sha

93 Aguero

TOTS Icardi

Something like that anyway. Only have around 200k to spend on this RTG (like last year, i discarded my main account once more :joy:) so my options are a little limited tbh... may even start with IF Balde Diao on left just to get everyone on full chem and sub on El Sha along with Tots Goretz at HT.

Find subs as important as starters a lot of the time, so have no issues sacrificing a little starting strength in order to have effective backup :smile:
  • Carlos181
    3768 posts National Call-Up
    TOTS Aouor is such a nice card. Him and Goretzka TOTS work great for me in this formation!
  • Khangaskhan17
    3845 posts National Call-Up
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    TOTS Aouor is such a nice card. Him and Goretzka TOTS work great for me in this formation!

What's your team look like my man?
  • Carlos181
    edited June 19

Starts 4222 for chem:

PIM Cruyff
    TOTY Messi
    TOTS: Ben Yedder - Aouor - Goretzka - Dembele
    TOTS Telles - NIF Varane - 95 Ramos - TOTS Da Costa
    TOTS Oblak

Waiting for rewards this week to get TOTY Varane. And hoping for a Red Mendy in my rewards 😜
  • Khangaskhan17
    3845 posts National Call-Up

Starts 4222 for chem:

PIM Cruyff
    TOTY Messi
    TOTS Oblak

Waiting for rewards this week to get TOTY Varane. And hoping for a Red Mendy in my rewards 😜

Damn, that's sick!
  • Carlos181

Starts 4222 for chem:

PIM Cruyff
    TOTY Messi
    TOTS Oblak

Damn, that's sick!

Thanks! Feels like my team is finally clicking.
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator
    My current team in game:

ncp1fxx.jpg
  • Carlos181
    My current team in game:

ncp1fxx.jpg

Oof that’s a scary attack. #BanModLuck :trollface:
  • Bevlarrrr
    977 posts Professional
    My current team in game:

ncp1fxx.jpg

That’s ridiculous, fair play mate. How’s Marquinhos for you ? I’m gonna get him tomorrow i think, along with Thiago Silva. I’ve got Militao untradable so they’ll be my back 3
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    My current team in game:

ncp1fxx.jpg

That’s ridiculous, fair play mate. How’s Marquinhos for you ? I’m gonna get him tomorrow i think, along with Thiago Silva. I’ve got Militao untradable so they’ll be my back 3

Marqinhos is great. Similar to Militao.
  • Bevlarrrr
    977 posts Professional
    My current team in game:

ncp1fxx.jpg

That’s what I like to hear. Having 3 at the back now I spread the play a lot and quick turning so all 3 that are agile for CB’s and that can pass is ideal
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator
    My current team in game:

ncp1fxx.jpg

That’s what I like to hear. Having 3 at the back now I spread the play a lot and quick turning so all 3 that are agile for CB’s and that can pass is ideal

Should be great for sure :)
  • Bevlarrrr
    977 posts Professional
    My current team in game:

ncp1fxx.jpg

Should be great for sure :)

👍🏼 Cheers mate
  • PelzyWelzy
    9182 posts League Winner
    Really don’t like Chiellini...

Don’t know what it is about him, his player model perhaps, just really doesn’t feel like a high rated CB in game.

Putting Acerbi back in :joy:

#nofear
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator

Don’t know what it is about him, his player model perhaps, just really doesn’t feel like a high rated CB in game.

#nofear

Go with Acerbi and Romagnoli.
  • Mikep2212
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just switched to this formation my team finally plays like it should. Im currently running 4231 for chem then in game

Tots allison
    Tots taa, pim blanc, fs militao, fb sandro
    Prime vieira, ucl live fabinho
    Tots son, uel mata
    Fb fermino
    Prime crespo

Thanks for the tactics guide best fifa iv played all year
  • PelzyWelzy
    9182 posts League Winner
    edited June 19

#nofear

I’ve picked up Carniball Bonucci who’s been okay... but as soon as I get annoyed with him, which I will seeing as he’s a high rated CB and I seem to like to suffer in WL, Romagnoli will be the next I call upon ;)

Acerbi and Bonucci for now though.
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator
    Mikep2212 wrote: »
    Just switched to this formation my team finally plays like it should. Im currently running 4231 for chem then in game

Tots allison
    Tots taa, pim blanc, fs militao, fb sandro
    Prime vieira, ucl live fabinho
    Tots son, uel mata
    Fb fermino
    Prime crespo

Thanks for the tactics guide best fifa iv played all year

Thanks for the feedback @Mikep2212 and welcome :)
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator

#nofear

I’ve picked up Carniball Bonucci who’s been okay... but as soon as I get annoyed with him, which I will seeing as he’s a high rated CB and I seem to like to suffer in WL, Romagnoli will be the next I call upon ;)

Cool! I was not a fan of Bonucci when I tried him. He felt off for me.
  • Carlos181
    Marquinhos and Thiago Silva from rewards. EA throwing me a hint that I need all the help I can get 😂
  • PelzyWelzy
    9182 posts League Winner

#nofear

This game's stupid though...

Just had a lad rage quit at 2-0 seconds after Bonucci kept pace with his TOTS Hazard and forced him to drag a shot wide :joy: :joy:

I could probably just about stretch to TOTS Izzo now actually, may take a look at him replacing Chiellini who's definitely the one that feels off for me.

Oh, got these two in picks earlier...

lMpkDy9.jpg

Considering I'm running a Serie A/Prem hybrid built around Icardi, Aguero and a whole bunch of Italians feel like it was kinda meant to be lol
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator
    Marquinhos and Thiago Silva from rewards. EA throwing me a hint that I need all the help I can get 😂

Great pulls!
  • Littleland95
    16627 posts Moderator

#nofear

This game's stupid though...

Just had a lad rage quit at 2-0 seconds after Bonucci kept pace with his TOTS Hazard and forced him to drag a shot wide :joy: :joy:

I could probably just about stretch to TOTS Izzo now actually, may take a look at him replacing Chiellini who's definitely the one that feels off for me.

Oh, got these two in picks earlier...

lMpkDy9.jpg

Considering I'm running a Serie A/Prem hybrid built around Icardi, Aguero and a whole bunch of Italians feel like it was kinda meant to be lol

Very nice!

Izzo looks fast. :joy: