Why are people complaining so much about guaranteed TOTS sbc's

Comments

  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    And saying prime icons would be the best version of the card did not make it true either. point he makes is that we have been lied to by you guys more times than we can count. how can anyone even have the slightest bit of trust in your company. you can say he is talking rubbish but back in fifa 16 we used to talk about in forms being worse aswell and we got told that they werent rigged. at the end of the day they had been rigged for years and we were right.

    Fair point on the bug that was addressed.

    Prime icons is a bit of a different point really but I hear where you're coming from.

    Difference here is people are saying we are purposely affecting people's rewards. That's not the case.

    If they don't want to believe that then fine, I won't waste my time going over the same thing over and over.
  • Hulkmodus
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    So you are telling me, that there isn't something like a momentum shift after kick off?

    And that was not meant to stop people from winning?

    I just got something in my head from last year, a statement of ea about the kick-off: it's to keep the play alive and the other dude in the game.

    Oh wait, basically that is to stop the leader from getting the win, cause you allow the kick-off-person to easier score a goal to equalise the game again.

    But ea removed it last year, so it's not the case in fifa 19.
    Yeah...
    Its gone...
    No momentum...
    No kick off glitch...
    Yeah if I tell it often enough I might think it is true
  • Dutchcaliber
    2785 posts Fans' Favourite
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    This. we have been lied to about so many things. why should we believe what you say now alltho history proves your company as a bunch of liars.
  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    Ah, so no source. Care to explain the rest? I didn’t ask about the probability of packing TOTS or whatever, I know that’s out there for the world to see. But the rest of it, my guy, could use some clearing up. Is pack weight based on market value? Are the odds of getting specific players in picks based on market value?

    That's not information I have to share I'm afraid.

    It also isn't related to the original point I referred to which was we punish players by affecting their rewards - we don't.
  • parky83
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    nep did 4 81+ upgrades got mbappa and lala i did 19 and got some rubbish goal keeper spent everything and used every player i could to do the 19 as there is 4 or 5 players id like from this weeks tots and got jack from them you tuber opens 4 gets 2 of the best players of the whole tots! ow yeah the video before this one he said he was quiting fifa and making no more rtg videos coincidence? maybe! maybe not!
  • JohnDoe
    11164 posts Has That Special Something
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    Ah, so no source. Care to explain the rest? I didn’t ask about the probability of packing TOTS or whatever, I know that’s out there for the world to see. But the rest of it, my guy, could use some clearing up. Is pack weight based on market value? Are the odds of getting specific players in picks based on market value?

    That's not information I have to share I'm afraid.

    It also isn't related to the original point I referred to which was we punish players by affecting their rewards - we don't.

    Shame, and you were doing so well with the information disclosure up to this point. Maybe you can pass this on to the devs so we could get a response?
  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    Ah, so no source. Care to explain the rest? I didn’t ask about the probability of packing TOTS or whatever, I know that’s out there for the world to see. But the rest of it, my guy, could use some clearing up. Is pack weight based on market value? Are the odds of getting specific players in picks based on market value?

    That's not information I have to share I'm afraid.

    It also isn't related to the original point I referred to which was we punish players by affecting their rewards - we don't.

    Shame, and you were doing so well with the information disclosure up to this point. Maybe you can pass this on to the devs so we could get a response?

    We can ask but ultimately there will always be things we won't be able to talk about or disclose.

    I think we've improved on our communication and transparency this year. Is it where it needs to be? Not yet.

    Will we ever be able to talk about absolutely anything and everything? Probably not.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    giphy-5.gif
  • Dutchcaliber
    2785 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    I don't know if this is a humble brag or an argument, I don't care how many coins you have made.

    I have been playing Ultimate Team ever since it was an add-on and witnessed the growth of this monster. The influx of coins is much, much, muuuuuch greater in recent years so I get why players tend to be more expensive. I get that, but TOTS cards used to be obtainable and not this rare. There are not even a page available of the majority of the better players. And no, that hasn't always been the case.

    My issue is not that I am not aware of the criminal packweight. I don't spend money and do these sbc's fully knowing I will get a goalkeeper. My issue lies within the fact that it would take more than a thousand euro (very low estimate) to get a player like Mbappe. If that doesn't make you question EA then I don't know what will. 1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

    It's not a humble brag, it's not really an argument, more a statement of fact.

    I too have played this game since it was an add on, but didn't fully get into FUT until FIFA 12 (I stood by PES for as long as possible).

    You keep going on about having to spend 1000 euros to get a player like Mbappe...the fact is you don't.

    If you've played this game from the beginning and played WL, Rivals, perhaps even SB every week, you will have amassed a fairly decent amount of coins, perhaps packed some decent untradables along the way, and even pulled some decent tradables. If you want to see what is possible on a first owner RTG with no actual money spent check out @Cadey 5 thread on the XBOX section https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/408792/paul-scholes-rtg-r9-dropped-i-mention-we-packed-pele/p1 .

    Fair enough he's had some exceptional pack luck...but he's using pack pulled only first owner players...by this stage if he hadn't done all those SBCs and he was allowing himself to buy players to use...he'd be able to afford Mbappe several times over.

    As for packing GKs in the guaranteed TOTS...it is what it is and that is a TOTS...you enter your players into the SBC knowing the risk, don't moan when you don't get what you want. The fact is, if you packed Mbappe...you would be making a "humble brag" thread on this section about it.

    My advice is, you pretty much know what to expect next year for TOTS, so prepare, take the advice...you too will have a stacked squad for free (as in no real world money spent) by this time next year if you do.

    this is not true. runthefutmarket is top 100 trader in the world. top 100 in the world and even he cant afford the most expensive team in the game. Being one of the best traders out of a million players is still not enough to get the most expensive team. let that sink in.
  • JohnDoe
    11164 posts Has That Special Something
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    Ah, so no source. Care to explain the rest? I didn’t ask about the probability of packing TOTS or whatever, I know that’s out there for the world to see. But the rest of it, my guy, could use some clearing up. Is pack weight based on market value? Are the odds of getting specific players in picks based on market value?

    That's not information I have to share I'm afraid.

    It also isn't related to the original point I referred to which was we punish players by affecting their rewards - we don't.

    Shame, and you were doing so well with the information disclosure up to this point. Maybe you can pass this on to the devs so we could get a response?

    We can ask but ultimately there will always be things we won't be able to talk about or disclose.

    I think we've improved on our communication and transparency this year. Is it where it needs to be? Not yet.

    Will we ever be able to talk about absolutely anything and everything? Probably not.

    I wonder why...
  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    So you are telling me, that there isn't something like a momentum shift after kick off?

    And that was not meant to stop people from winning?

    Correct, no such thing.
  • Hulkmodus
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    So you are telling me, that there isn't something like a momentum shift after kick off?

    And that was not meant to stop people from winning?

    Correct, no such thing.

    Ah okay. Ty for telling me.
    Now I am a believer....

    Nice song BTW...


    But how about the leak of the patent a few weeks ago?
    Where it says people with bad games get better packs to keep them playing the game?
  • Futfanatic
    12241 posts Has That Special Something
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    So you are telling me, that there isn't something like a momentum shift after kick off?

    And that was not meant to stop people from winning?

    Correct, no such thing.

    Ah okay. Ty for telling me.
    Now I am a believer....

    Nice song BTW...


    But how about the leak of the patent a few weeks ago?
    Where it says people with bad games get better packs to keep them playing the game?

    What patent? Are you telling me if I relegate myself to division 10 I will get lots of good packs?
  • Knowlesdinho
    9995 posts Has That Special Something
    The Flat Earth society membership just got leaked online...turns out most of them are members of this forum. :open_mouth:
  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    So you are telling me, that there isn't something like a momentum shift after kick off?

    And that was not meant to stop people from winning?

    Correct, no such thing.

    Ah okay. Ty for telling me.
    Now I am a believer....

    Nice song BTW...


    But how about the leak of the patent a few weeks ago?
    Where it says people with bad games get better packs to keep them playing the game?

    Addressed here.
  • Dazzler179
    1119 posts Professional
    I think the general feeling here @EA_Andy is that the community isn’t very happy.
  • iTaLenTZ
    462 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 19
    I don't understand how this thread has gone into this discussion. The only point I wanted to make is that in 99% of the cases you got a free chance at packing an elite player. The untradeable 95 GK holds a lot of value in any sbc. It seems that everyone wants to go to the casino, they gamble but still get their chips back but are still mad because they didn't win the jackpot.

    Seriously most of you have no clue about economics. No wonder your teams look like crap.
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    I do however think that the whole "rigged account" is ****

    that's not something that is done, you could potentially rig a specific account... but the argument that you start the year and your account is either lucky or not is dumb.

    i've had great luck this year and horrible luck also, different periods of the game.

    So that's rubbish.


    but what's not rubbish is that some cards have different pack weights based off their value on the market and popularity.

    Gabriel Jesus packed maybe 3 times this year

    Baumann 200 times probably.

    Same rating. Different value.
  • JohnDoe
    11164 posts Has That Special Something
    This isn’t Andy’s fault, it’s all down to EA simply hiding certain things. And I’m not talking about momentum or scripting here, I’m talking about the possibility of EA manipulating the market (which is a living organism, lest we ever forget) in order to keep the supply of expensive cards low, whether it be in packs or picks.

    And there’s no reason to delete this comment, EA are indeed withholding information, otherwise you’d be able to reply to my earlier questions.
  • Hulkmodus
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    So you are telling me, that there isn't something like a momentum shift after kick off?

    And that was not meant to stop people from winning?

    Correct, no such thing.

    Ah okay. Ty for telling me.
    Now I am a believer....

    Nice song BTW...


    But how about the leak of the patent a few weeks ago?
    Where it says people with bad games get better packs to keep them playing the game?

    Addressed here.

    No permission...

    But thanks for the link.
  • Futfanatic
    12241 posts Has That Special Something
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    I don't understand how this thread has gone into this discussion. The only point I wanted to make is that in 99% of the cases you got a free chance at packing an elite player. The untradeable 95 GK holds a lot of value in any sbc. It seems that everyone wants to go to the casino, they gamble but still get their chips back but are still mad because they didn't win the jackpot.

    Seriously most of you have no clue about economics. No wonder your teams look like crap.
    l7oo7g.png

    🙊
  • iTaLenTZ
    462 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    I don't understand how this thread has gone into this discussion. The only point I wanted to make is that in 99% of the cases you got a free chance at packing an elite player. The untradeable 95 GK holds a lot of value in any sbc. It seems that everyone wants to go to the casino, they gamble but still get their chips back but are still mad because they didn't win the jackpot.

    Seriously most of you have no clue about economics. No wonder your teams look like crap.
    l7oo7g.png

    🙊

    Still crap compared to mine :D
  • Hulkmodus
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    So you are telling me, that there isn't something like a momentum shift after kick off?

    And that was not meant to stop people from winning?

    Correct, no such thing.

    Ah okay. Ty for telling me.
    Now I am a believer....

    Nice song BTW...


    But how about the leak of the patent a few weeks ago?
    Where it says people with bad games get better packs to keep them playing the game?

    What patent? Are you telling me if I relegate myself to division 10 I will get lots of good packs?

    No Ofc not.

    It just says something to keep worse players in the game, rewards and game play wise.


    But it's not there, it's all in our heads(fingers crossed)
  • Staxdoobie
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Thank you, I will continue to believe what I know to be true, based on years of experiential evidence.

    As for my own pack luck, I can handle it, no bother. I'm a grown man and have far more important things to worry about. And in any case, I do pack good stuff occasionally. Every year I'll pack a few good tradeable cards. How it should be.

    What I'm sick and tired of is my young son's absolutely constant disappointment. As in, CONSTANT. Four years of playing, completing Marquee Matchups, grinding Squad Battles, Division Rivals, etc, and he has never packed a tradeable card worth more than 70k. Whether it's because it's a child account, he doesn't buy FIFA Points etc, I have no idea. But no one will ever convince me there isn't something wrong with his account/pack probabilities, and this scenario must be replicated across so many other users' accounts. He's genuinely told me he doesn't want me to buy him the next FIFA, he's just had too much disappointment.

    Hanging up my tin foil hat for now, I'm supposed to be working!


  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    I don't understand how this thread has gone into this discussion. The only point I wanted to make is that in 99% of the cases you got a free chance at packing an elite player. The untradeable 95 GK holds a lot of value in any sbc. It seems that everyone wants to go to the casino, they gamble but still get their chips back but are still mad because they didn't win the jackpot.

    Seriously most of you have no clue about economics. No wonder your teams look like crap.

    Fair point on where the discussion has gone, looks like a lot of this stemmed from my original comment.

    Back on track now, no further discussion other than the original topic.
  • oneskyworld
    1011 posts Professional
    The thing is, the probability of getting a decent player is really too low.
    Most of the people won't expect to get a mbappe or Neymar in the packs, but at least give some player that with the cost.
    Judging from my own experience and the polls here, there is definitely some adjustments made towards individual player probabilities.
    I bet the undesirable players will have a higher chance to get pulled, even with similar or higher rating. Just like those keepers.
  • Anarki301
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anybody that thinks that this current system of the whole game has any value to consumers of the product is just crazy, plain and simple crazy.
  • Kiido
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 19
    [
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    I don't understand how this thread has gone into this discussion. The only point I wanted to make is that in 99% of the cases you got a free chance at packing an elite player. The untradeable 95 GK holds a lot of value in any sbc. It seems that everyone wants to go to the casino, they gamble but still get their chips back but are still mad because they didn't win the jackpot.

    Seriously most of you have no clue about economics. No wonder your teams look like crap.

    Lol, you'd like to think you understand 'basic economics' because you trade in a controlled market but you can't understand why this is a discussion? Maybe because people are fed up packing [Removed] all year only to do it next year again.

    EA could use some serious competition or regulation from the government because this is far worse than the gambling you mentioned in the casino. If I put 100 euro on red I know exactly what my odds are of winning 100 (and by the way, this money lasts a lifetime and not a few months unlike Fifa). Now tell me, what are your exact odds of packing TOTS Mbappe?!

    You seem to take pride from your team and that's rightly so. But you have to understand that people don't complain because they have a bad team. I am sure the large majority who come on this forum have a stacked team and alot of coins. But you don't see the amount of time spend to get to that team and coins knowing that 99%+ isn't even remotely close of getting the BEST team. I would even say that as of now, 99%+ couldnt even afford to buy the Ligue 1 front 3. If you think that makes sense then - in my eyes - there is something wrong with you

    Leave it out with the swearing ~Rtas
  • Knowlesdinho
    9995 posts Has That Special Something
    When I took my 3 months break, FB Ibra was released, I was aware how cheap it was because of my Discord, but I had no desire to log on and do it.

    When I came back to playing all I saw on the forums was people complaining that everyone has FB Ibra and that it was too cheap and now all teams are boring...blah, blah, blah.

    So if Mbappe, Neymar, CR7 were all cheap, everyone would just moan that they are everywhere in the game...but if they are expensive, everyone moans anyway.

    I've said it hundreds of times before, but you lot could wake up with every player ever released in your account...and you would still find something to moan about.
Sign In or Register to comment.