Why are people complaining so much about guaranteed TOTS sbc's

Comments

  • DanValletta
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 19
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    Even though I have no grounds to argue It I do think it is the case. I have a mate who spent about 10k last year and he was packing Prime Del P and Mid Ferdinand in his rewards. His reds were quality.

    This year he's spent hardly anything and his packs are just as bad as mine.

    I never see anything where people spend less and get better pulls.

    Just to clarify it was his rewards packs that were really good so It wasn't even about spending more and opening more packs.
  • Knowlesdinho
    11132 posts Has That Special Something
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!
  • iTaLenTZ
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    IPedro wrote: »
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    The way I see it you get a free shot at getting an elite level player you wouldn't be able to afford and otherwise you get the value back or more by getting a high rated card you can put into Icon sbc's considerably lowering the cost.

    So if you are planning on doing Icons you might as well do the guaranteed TOTS sbc's because you are spending those coins anyway.

    You must of pulled some good players from the sbc’s

    Did all of them and only packed TOTS Lala that made it into my team. The rest went into PIM Cruyff, Socrates and Matthaus so it didn't cost me anything. So basically I end up with 500K profit because I spent 100k on Lala.
  • Anarki301
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why people complain? Same effort from everybody, very very very much different outcome, so how in the hell you expect people not to complain, how is that even slightly normal to you.

    Anyway, I never complain about packs and all that stuff, even if I don't like how it all works. I know it's complete bs, so, if I do any sbc or buy packs, joke is on me, nobody to blame, but like I said, I really dislike the whole system with packs and stuff, so, imo, even if I don't do that, there is plenty of reason to complain about any pack, or any sbc, period. Plus, never seen a game like this, you can play a whole year and never even come close to having best content in the game, absolutely unbelievable for me, but, still, here we are, talking about this like it is perfectly normal, smh ...
  • ITSSPENO
    1978 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 19
    It's just luck, of course there are chances you may lose, but you could win big also. I got lucky and got TAA and De Jong, but in other packs I've had Lazzari and Hermoso.

    You dont go into a Casino and moan they should make you win every time, do you?
  • Dazzler179
    1151 posts Professional
    Last year I had no complaints, it wasn’t expensive to do therefore if you pulled one of the rubbish players then it wasn’t a huge issue. Last year you also got two major league players which meant if you got rubbish the first time you could try again in a couple of days.

    The price is 3/4 times more expensive this year and it also appears the weights for the high end players are lower too.

    It’s just greed from EA and it’s ruined what used to be the most enjoyable promo.
  • Kiido
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    I don't know if this is a humble brag or an argument, I don't care how many coins you have made.

    I have been playing Ultimate Team ever since it was an add-on and witnessed the growth of this monster. The influx of coins is much, much, muuuuuch greater in recent years so I get why players tend to be more expensive. I get that, but TOTS cards used to be obtainable and not this rare. There are not even a page available of the majority of the better players. And no, that hasn't always been the case.

    My issue is not that I am not aware of the criminal packweight. I don't spend money and do these sbc's fully knowing I will get a goalkeeper. My issue lies within the fact that it would take more than a thousand euro (very low estimate) to get a player like Mbappe. If that doesn't make you question EA then I don't know what will. 1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

  • Cbn
    748 posts Semi-Pro
    I guess OP have dodged all the the GKs and Fodders :D
  • DasPonyboy
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

    This. I am not one to spend real money on the game but for those that do 1000 Euro should buy every player especially for a game that restarts every year

  • Kiido
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

    This. I am not one to spend real money on the game but for those that do 1000 Euro should buy every player especially for a game that restarts every year

    Yeah, that was just the money point of view. Pretty sure that spending 1000 euro wouldn't get you the amount to get TOTS Mbappe unless you pack him or Neymar. That's just to put it in perspective.

    How much would a player end up with if he'd finish gold every weekend and a decent rank in whatever division. Luck is always a factor in this, but it's safe to say that in general a player ends up with 3/4 million if you don't waste alot of it. That gets you one good player for a year worth of playing. Yes, you will end up with a great team no doubt but it's funny how investing sooooooooooo much time into a game doesn't even get you close to having an ultimate team or the best team.
  • Knowlesdinho
    11132 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 19
    Kiido wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.

    Pack weights have always been rubbish.

    SBCs are always going to be expensive at this stage because it runs on the assumption that most people that have played the game all year will have lots of untradables, and/or lots of coins.

    I took over 3 months off, and even I’ve traded over 17 million coins this year. I barely touch WL, because most weekends I’d rather spend time with friends or family, but if I did, I’d probably make double that amount of coins.

    The point I’m making is tots comes around every year, it isn’t a surprise that top cards are going to cost a lot...yet many act like it is. You have all year to prepare for this moment, if you don’t, then it’s pretty much your own fault because everyone knows that EA aren’t giving these cards for free.

    Ride the back of the Whales is the moral of the story...there she blows!

    I don't know if this is a humble brag or an argument, I don't care how many coins you have made.

    I have been playing Ultimate Team ever since it was an add-on and witnessed the growth of this monster. The influx of coins is much, much, muuuuuch greater in recent years so I get why players tend to be more expensive. I get that, but TOTS cards used to be obtainable and not this rare. There are not even a page available of the majority of the better players. And no, that hasn't always been the case.

    My issue is not that I am not aware of the criminal packweight. I don't spend money and do these sbc's fully knowing I will get a goalkeeper. My issue lies within the fact that it would take more than a thousand euro (very low estimate) to get a player like Mbappe. If that doesn't make you question EA then I don't know what will. 1000 euro should get you all the content and yet it gives you 1 good player to play with if you are lucky.

    It's not a humble brag, it's not really an argument, more a statement of fact.

    I too have played this game since it was an add on, but didn't fully get into FUT until FIFA 12 (I stood by PES for as long as possible).

    You keep going on about having to spend 1000 euros to get a player like Mbappe...the fact is you don't.

    If you've played this game from the beginning and played WL, Rivals, perhaps even SB every week, you will have amassed a fairly decent amount of coins, perhaps packed some decent untradables along the way, and even pulled some decent tradables. If you want to see what is possible on a first owner RTG with no actual money spent check out @Cadey 5 thread on the XBOX section https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/408792/paul-scholes-rtg-r9-dropped-i-mention-we-packed-pele/p1 .

    Fair enough he's had some exceptional pack luck...but he's using pack pulled only first owner players...by this stage if he hadn't done all those SBCs and he was allowing himself to buy players to use...he'd be able to afford Mbappe several times over.

    As for packing GKs in the guaranteed TOTS...it is what it is and that is a TOTS...you enter your players into the SBC knowing the risk, don't moan when you don't get what you want. The fact is, if you packed Mbappe...you would be making a "humble brag" thread on this section about it.

    My advice is, you pretty much know what to expect next year for TOTS, so prepare, take the advice...you too will have a stacked squad for free (as in no real world money spent) by this time next year if you do.
  • jplumber
    1474 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA need to fundamentally change the way packs work. I'm sure their working on it in the background as we speak. The days of gambling-like loot box systems will soon be over.
  • Futfanatic
    13281 posts Has That Special Something
    @iTaLenTZ

    Have you seen the poll?

    3e8rzjjph.jpeg

    This is an insult mate.
  • Floatingkeyboard
    1064 posts Professional
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    No, those people are just opening more packs than you do, thus their chances increase on packing something good.

    Gambler's fallacy?

    I do understand your comment. However, if you open 1000 packs you have a bigger chance to get a TOTS compared when you just open 1 pack. Nevertheless, it will be expensive and still not worth it.
  • Knowlesdinho
    11132 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 19
    jplumber wrote: »
    EA need to fundamentally change the way packs work. I'm sure their working on it in the background as we speak. The days of gambling-like loot box systems will soon be over.

    I'm not a massive fan of the system as it is, but if the loot box system is outlawed, it will essentially be the death of FUT.

    "That's a good thing" I hear you say, but is it? I get a stacked team every year by not spending any money...I personally like the grind of trading, and I think that although the weekly rewards we get could be better, at least we get them. People spend FIFA points which allows traders to exist, it's symbiotic.

    What happens if they remove FIFA points? Do you think that it will just be a case of opening packs with in game currency and the transfer market remaining in existence? I think that is highly doubtful.

    EA are in this to make money, if loot boxes are outlawed they will lose a massive amount of revenue. My fear is that they will then start a "free to play" model where you get the game, you can grind to get the players that you want, but it will take hundreds of hours of grinding, or you can bypass that by buying players with real money from an in house market direct from EA. You think it's pay to win now...careful what you wish for.

    Or they go for a subscription based model, which means they still receive regular monthly increments, but the game is still hours of grind, with the option to bypass with real money to unlock content.

    Whatever the case, if you think the death of loot boxes will solve this, you're wrong. They will already be spending millions on the contingency plan!
  • DasPonyboy
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    jplumber wrote: »
    EA need to fundamentally change the way packs work. I'm sure their working on it in the background as we speak. The days of gambling-like loot box systems will soon be over.

    I'm not a massive fan of the system as it is, but if the loot box system is outlawed, it will essentially be the death of FUT.

    "That's a good thing" I hear you say, but is it? I get a stacked team every year by not spending any money...I personally like the grind of trading, and I think that although the weekly rewards we get could be better, at least we get them. People spend FIFA points which allows traders to exist, it's symbiotic.

    What happens if they remove FIFA points? Do you think that it will just be a case of opening packs with in game currency and the transfer market remaining in existence? I think that is highly doubtful.

    EA are in this to make money, if loot boxes are outlawed they will lose a massive amount of revenue. My fear is that they will then start a "free to play" model where you get the game, you can grind to get the players that you want, but it will take hundreds of hours of grinding, or you can bypass that by buying players with real money from an in house market direct from EA. You think it's pay to win now...careful what you wish for.

    Or they go for a subscription based model, which means they still receive regular monthly increments, but the game is still hours of grind, with the option to bypass with real money to unlock content.

    Whatever the case, if you think the death of loot boxes will solve this, you're wrong. They will already be spending millions on the contingency plan!
    If loot boxes are outlawed they’ll just switch to buying players directly. If would have no fear of EA figuring out a way to make money haha
  • HullCity1904
    1966 posts Fans' Favourite
    The guaranteed SBCs have horrendous pack weight. Far worse than red picks.
  • EA_Andy
    3328 posts EA Community Manager
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.
  • iTaLenTZ
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    @iTaLenTZ

    Have you seen the poll?

    3e8rzjjph.jpeg

    This is an insult mate.

    I have seen it and that is why I made this thread because people are too dumb to understand they get the chance for free IF they were already planning on doing an Icon sbc.
  • Retro_G
    29657 posts Player of the Year
    The guaranteed SBCs have horrendous pack weight. Far worse than red picks.

    The red picks are just as bad. :D
  • Futfanatic
    13281 posts Has That Special Something
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    @iTaLenTZ

    Have you seen the poll?

    3e8rzjjph.jpeg

    This is an insult mate.

    I have seen it and that is why I made this thread because people are too dumb to understand they get the chance for free IF they were already planning on doing an Icon sbc.

    That’s a big IF mate, I wouldn’t call people dumb if I were you because you end up looking dumb yourself.
  • Kiido
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 19
    At this point I wonder if we will ever find common ground in this.

    This game last a year, a years worth of playing should get you the best team or atleast close to it. Spending alot of money should get you the best team. 1000 euro is alot of money regardless of how much you earn. I know you will end up with a good team, but at the end it'll never be close to the best team no matter how much you played or spend. The ones with really crazy teams are those on youtube, spending thousands every month or the unicorns that spend more time trading than playing. But those make up for a 0.01% player base if not less.

    No cards with a lifespan of just 1 year should cost this much and should be this rare. If I look at me personally, I have yet to pack an icon this year and being a high division 1 player I can tell you I have opened a crazy amount of packs. Easily 10+ million worth. No good reds, no good informs, no good TOTS cards.

    I also play Hearthstone when I am bored or at work. I have probably spend 400-ish euro over the course of last 3.5 years (the game rotates in cards so its still the same game). At this point I still have the best cards and decks available to me eventhough I rarely play and barely spend money on it if you spread it out over the years. And that game is played by over 100 million players. If I spend 100 euro in HS I know I will get good cards and craft 1/2 elite decks. Spend 100 euro in Fifa and you get what, 200k? have fun with your TOTS Sirigu...

    Why does Fifa need to be different? Why do you think it's perfectly normal to spend thousands of euros to get a Ligue 1 TOTS attacker?
  • JohnDoe
    11309 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 19
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.
  • Chubz
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    If you smart you use your untradeable players, so most often it costs me nothing to like 20k at the most each week. Then when weekly awards arrive I get the untradeable rewards and use that. double the packs instead of the tradeable packs and use it for SBC's like this.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    @iTaLenTZ

    Have you seen the poll?

    3e8rzjjph.jpeg

    This is an insult mate.

  • EA_Andy
    3328 posts EA Community Manager
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    And saying prime icons would be the best version of the card did not make it true either. point he makes is that we have been lied to by you guys more times than we can count. how can anyone even have the slightest bit of trust in your company. you can say he is talking rubbish but back in fifa 16 we used to talk about in forms being worse aswell and we got told that they werent rigged. at the end of the day they had been rigged for years and we were right.
  • JohnDoe
    11309 posts Has That Special Something
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    Ah, so no source. Care to explain the rest? I didn’t ask about the probability of packing TOTS or whatever, I know that’s out there for the world to see. But the rest of it, my guy, could use some clearing up. Is pack weight based on market value? Are the odds of getting specific players in picks based on market value?
  • HullCity1904
    1966 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    Ok, Andy, just give us a source on that. And don’t worry about getting TOO technical, just open up the book on how pack/picks luck works, about why this happens, why it’s far easier to get players of the exact same ratings in picks than others who happen to hold far more market value. Are those two things connected? Market value and pack weight?

    Go on, give us something.

    Source is me. Also you can view pack probabilities in the game.
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

    You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true.

    Just for once people should consider taking off the tin foil hats.

    True story Andy...either your game is attracting lots of mentally unstable people for some reason which could be considered a problem in itself.. or there is too much weird stuff happening that people start doubting it.

    If so many people openly talk about hidden mechanisms, changing pack weight and all the other stuff you can silence them all you want. They believe it is happening. So either they are all crazy. Or something is up with the game. Which one is more likely?

    So if they believe something is happening it's true?

    Ultimately people want answers for this stuff, we have given them but that's not enough. This will be something that never goes away because ultimately people want to have the belief that something was put into the game to stop them winning.

    I can't stop them thinking that, however I am not going to let the forums be flooded with that chat to start derailing threads by basically using that as an excuse for everything.

    Pack probabilites were the biggest con EA produced this year.

    Everyone knows that ratings aren't worth the same.

    An 83 gabriel Jesus was/is far rarer than 83 Baumann

    so telling me I have 70% chance of packing an 83 is irrelevant if you're showing me the probability relating to the worst 83 (from a market value)



Sign In or Register to comment.