Why are people complaining so much about guaranteed TOTS sbc's

13456
iTaLenTZ
466 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited June 19
The way I see it you get a free shot at getting an elite level player you wouldn't be able to afford and otherwise you get the value back or more by getting a high rated card you can put into Icon sbc's considerably lowering the cost.

So if you are planning on doing Icons you might as well do the guaranteed TOTS sbc's because you are spending those coins anyway.

Comments

  • Pikandel
    1109 posts Professional
    1. It isn’t free
    2. I only need the 85 and two 86 squads for Cruyff, how would completing an 85/86 TOTS SBC help me with getting Cruyff?
  • Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero
    You don't get the value back. 105k for a 30k untradeable card? Great value.

    The games nearly over, EA make hundreds of millions from this game and they cant give a little back by actually having pack weights that mean you get a decent chance of a useable player?

  • limjitwe
    6796 posts Big Money Move
    Pikandel wrote: »
    1. It isn’t free
    2. I only need the 85 and two 86 squads for Cruyff, how would completing an 85/86 TOTS SBC help me with getting Cruyff?

    Then don’t do it and complete Cruyff.
  • iTaLenTZ
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pikandel wrote: »
    1. It isn’t free
    2. I only need the 85 and two 86 squads for Cruyff, how would completing an 85/86 TOTS SBC help me with getting Cruyff?

    You are spending those coins anyway.

    100k --> Cruyff
    100K --> Garantueed TOTS sbc --> Anything above 91 = 100k --> Keep the player or put into Cruyff

    If you get the 93 GK you can put it into the 86 squad and complete it with 82/83's therefore considerably lowering the cost and its also easier to reach chemistry.
  • Jobiwan
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 19
    You get a free shot at an elite player but the game is rigged. I suppose its coincidence that in every big league ive gotten keepers just like others. They're charging what 100k to do this then screwing everybody over with keepers that turn into crap every two games...

    Cut it out with the swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • BogusTommy
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have completed all the guaranteed TOTS SBC's because of the potential of packing a top elite player. The result has without exceptions been bad. More than often most of us will end up with an untradable player with less value than the cost.

    The polls have shown that about 50% of the packs contain utter crap. It looks like that only about 5% of the packs will contain anything useful - even for a player having a mediocre squad. I think EA either should have changed the pack weight for these SBC's or reduced the cost. It's only 1 untradable player for SBC, why make it so expensive ?



  • Al_HFX
    268 posts Sunday League Hero
    You put in a tots player and a 85 rated squad... You get back a tots player and lose that squad :D
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.
  • L0ngline
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    Me and my mates have had basically the same pool of players for every single SBC so far and long story short, it has been abysmal.

    Then, you go on youtube and you see your fifa creator of choice pack some amazing **** out of crappy packs day in, day out.

    It's just an alllround frustrating feeling because it seems like it's already predetermined whos gonna be in the pool of players you're gonna get.

    Thinking or talking about this rationally, it's probably better for the game to have those low pack weights and it also is completely unnecessary to create moan threads about this topic, but this just isn't how a human brain always works, is it 😇
  • Jobiwan
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...
  • EA_Andy
    3267 posts EA Community Manager
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.
  • Jobiwan
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    Yeah ok whatever you say. You get that from the ceo himself? How would you know?
  • makkan00
    523 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You don't get the value back. 105k for a 30k untradeable card? Great value.

    The games nearly over, EA make hundreds of millions from this game and they cant give a little back by actually having pack weights that mean you get a decent chance of a useable player?

    Its a gamble as equally you can get 5 millions worth of a player.

  • Orison
    48652 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited June 19
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    Yeah ok whatever you say. You get that from the ceo himself? How would you know?

    "The ceo" could throw pack probabilities at your head and you still wouldn't believe it.

    Also @Op that same shot at an elite player was like 10k if you had an untradeable tots last year (81-83 rated sbcs) and you had 2 of them every week. Now it's considerably more expensive and you only get one shot at the big league. This means that naturally people are getting far worse results and are far more reluctant to complete the sbc in the first place.

    With their more "realistic" or market price based approach this years content team made quite a few mistakes imo. Especially on icon and tots sbcs.
  • regia5bg
    765 posts Semi-Pro
    I don't get the complains.
    You know the cost of SBCs, you know that you can lose money.
    Usually "daily" SBCs are quite populare, as you can easily use untradables and you get more than what you pay, but regarding players you always pay more than ideal 'resell value', otherwise it'd be simply too easy for everyone.
    I did all guarantee SBC and I pulled Lacazette in the only SBC that gave me more than I spent, and it isn't a bad return.
    The fact is that even pulling a winger that would cost you 400k (random ex.) if you're not able/interested to use it in your team you wasted money, so you just play roulette hoping to win a Mbappè/CR7/Messi, and you know odds are completely against you.
  • L0ngline
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    To be fair, he only said it feels predetermined. And quite frankly, purely based on observations it kind of does.

    It also would make sense from a business perspective (not an accusation by any means, I'd do it, though) to boost the packs of certain users in order to increase their desire to spend real money on packs.
  • Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero
    makkan00 wrote: »
    You don't get the value back. 105k for a 30k untradeable card? Great value.

    The games nearly over, EA make hundreds of millions from this game and they cant give a little back by actually having pack weights that mean you get a decent chance of a useable player?

    Its a gamble as equally you can get 5 millions worth of a player.

    Yeah but chances are you are not. Just look at the poles to see how bad the weights are
  • Mr_footballer1
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pack weights are bad for everyone, yeah sure youtubers etc pull a lot of good cards but they also open a crazy amount of packs.

    I do think EA have drastically lowered ligue 1 tots weights shortly after they were released though
  • SinkXI
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    Pack weights are bad for everyone, yeah sure youtubers etc pull a lot of good cards but they also open a crazy amount of packs.

    I do think EA have drastically lowered ligue 1 tots weights shortly after they were released though

    You can only open 1 guaranteed tots sbc. The amount of packs opened is irrelevant in this case. The point is that I t’s no surprise to see which people are pulling the Neymar’s and Mbappe’s😂
  • Orison
    48652 posts FIFA Cover Star
    SinkXI wrote: »
    Pack weights are bad for everyone, yeah sure youtubers etc pull a lot of good cards but they also open a crazy amount of packs.

    I do think EA have drastically lowered ligue 1 tots weights shortly after they were released though

    You can only open 1 guaranteed tots sbc. The amount of packs opened is irrelevant in this case. The point is that I t’s no surprise to see which people are pulling the Neymar’s and Mbappe’s😂

    Yeah. Basically nobody is pulling them. No surprise indeed.
  • SinkXI
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    Orison wrote: »
    SinkXI wrote: »
    Pack weights are bad for everyone, yeah sure youtubers etc pull a lot of good cards but they also open a crazy amount of packs.

    I do think EA have drastically lowered ligue 1 tots weights shortly after they were released though

    You can only open 1 guaranteed tots sbc. The amount of packs opened is irrelevant in this case. The point is that I t’s no surprise to see which people are pulling the Neymar’s and Mbappe’s😂

    Yeah. Basically nobody is pulling them. No surprise indeed.

    I haven’t watched the videos but I’m going to put my neck on the line here and say I can guarantee nep, Castro etc did not pull Khazri or Maignan from the tots sbc?🤣
  • Orison
    48652 posts FIFA Cover Star
    SinkXI wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    SinkXI wrote: »
    Pack weights are bad for everyone, yeah sure youtubers etc pull a lot of good cards but they also open a crazy amount of packs.

    I do think EA have drastically lowered ligue 1 tots weights shortly after they were released though

    You can only open 1 guaranteed tots sbc. The amount of packs opened is irrelevant in this case. The point is that I t’s no surprise to see which people are pulling the Neymar’s and Mbappe’s😂

    Yeah. Basically nobody is pulling them. No surprise indeed.

    I haven’t watched the videos but I’m going to put my neck on the line here and say I can guarantee nep, Castro etc did not pull Khazri or Maignan from the tots sbc?🤣

    Think they got fonte.

    So technically you are correct, they didn't get khazri or maignan.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10567 posts Has That Special Something
    Pikandel wrote: »
    1. It isn’t free
    2. I only need the 85 and two 86 squads for Cruyff, how would completing an 85/86 TOTS SBC help me with getting Cruyff?
    3. Because my situation represents everyone that plays the game (AKA Me, me, me syndrome!

  • SinkXI
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    Orison wrote: »
    SinkXI wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    SinkXI wrote: »
    Pack weights are bad for everyone, yeah sure youtubers etc pull a lot of good cards but they also open a crazy amount of packs.

    I do think EA have drastically lowered ligue 1 tots weights shortly after they were released though

    You can only open 1 guaranteed tots sbc. The amount of packs opened is irrelevant in this case. The point is that I t’s no surprise to see which people are pulling the Neymar’s and Mbappe’s😂

    Yeah. Basically nobody is pulling them. No surprise indeed.

    I haven’t watched the videos but I’m going to put my neck on the line here and say I can guarantee nep, Castro etc did not pull Khazri or Maignan from the tots sbc?🤣

    Think they got fonte.

    So technically you are correct, they didn't get khazri or maignan.

    It’s not often I’m wrong 😉 haha just kidding. I stand corrected mate , the Fifa gods also pull garbage
  • Floatingkeyboard
    1064 posts Professional
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    No, those people are just opening more packs than you do, thus their chances increase on packing something good.
  • GTaylor
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Flawed argument because people have had poor luck, that’s it.

    So far I’ve picked up Doherty, Bowen, Brandt, Oblak, Thiago Silva, Felipe, Illic, a real mix of decent and rubbish.

    I’ve opened very few packs and got Koulibaly, in red picks I’ve got Reus, Jovic, Alisson and Ederson.

    It’s all completely random.

    If you don’t agree with the requirements just don’t do it.
  • Kiido
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I will never get how people talk like this all make sense. Here we are playing a videogame where putting in a 1000 euro would only get you a TOTS mid level attacker, lol. You'll probably need to double that amount for Mbappe and friends.

    The packweight makes me sick and that level of greed is seen through the sbc's aswell.
  • IPedro
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    The way I see it you get a free shot at getting an elite level player you wouldn't be able to afford and otherwise you get the value back or more by getting a high rated card you can put into Icon sbc's considerably lowering the cost.

    So if you are planning on doing Icons you might as well do the guaranteed TOTS sbc's because you are spending those coins anyway.

    You must of pulled some good players from the sbc’s
  • DanValletta
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    No, those people are just opening more packs than you do, thus their chances increase on packing something good.

    Gambler's fallacy?
  • Staxdoobie
    715 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    because the same people get good stuff all the time, while the rest keeps getting unusable cards. its like a casino, just like the rest of the game. EVERYTHING in this game is based on luck, thats why its the worst game ever made and extremely frustrating.

    Its not even based on luck imo. Its obvious some people get better packs. Look at futfanatic that guy could buy a gold pack now and he'd probably get a walkout. The only luck involved is if your account is chosen at the start of the year to have a bit of luck or not. Everything else fells pre determined. It doesnt matter how many packs you open some people are just never gonna hit those really elite cards no matter what they spend...

    This is complete rubbish, everyone has the same pack probabilities.

    I have no doubt that you believe this to be the case, but I absolutely do not believe it. I'd argue it until my dying breath.

Sign In or Register to comment.