TOTS Aouar

Bevlarrrr
1020 posts Professional
Heard good things about this card, where are people playing him ? Thinking about getting him in but giving him a try at CDM ?

Comments

• Hagooey
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’ve got him at CDM next to Fernandinho but I’ve given him the freedom to roam. Got Fernandinho on stay back.

I get the feeling you could play him anywhere in midfield and he would do a good job though, he’s a beast.
  • Bevlarrrr
    1020 posts Professional
    Hagooey wrote: »
    I’ve got him at CDM next to Fernandinho but I’ve given him the freedom to roam. Got Fernandinho on stay back.

I get the feeling you could play him anywhere in midfield and he would do a good job though, he’s a beast.

Exactly what I was thinking of doing. I was thinking Fernandinho or Thiago Mendes. I like to have one creative and one solid CDM in 352 so could work well together
  • PeteB7977
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m still considering any more advice
  • Chalmo
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I guess a combo of Goretzka - Aouar as CDM is too "weak" defensively speaking ? (in a 4231)
  • tom4s
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Torn over Auoar. Will only find space for him in my attacking half. Has anyone tried him as wide CAM?
  • Bevlarrrr
    1020 posts Professional
    edited June 18
    Not gonna cost me much by the looks of it, reckon only a couple of hundred K. Packed Mendy last night in the Ligue 1 packs so seems like a no brainer for me. Can stick M’Vila and Dembele in the SBC aswell
  • Cbn
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 18
    Chalmo wrote: »
    I guess a combo of Goretzka - Aouar as CDM is too "weak" defensively speaking ? (in a 4231)

Live a little #ptb#dropback#1depth
  • Chalmo
    Cbn wrote: »

Ahahah you're funny :)

Not at all. I just like to have things balanced.
    When I run a midfield of 3, I like to have: 1 offensive, 1 box to box and 1 defensive.

To be honest, my 1st thought is to play Aouar as CAM and my 2 CDM would be Goretzka and still hesitating between Toty Kante or the best Pogba possible (still hoping he shows up as SBC next week).
    How is that for a ptb dropback 1depth?

And even if I wanted to play that way and having fun, since the game made it possible, it would be my concern, not yours :)

Anyway... back to the reason I ask: Would it not be too "unbalanced" to play with Aouar and Goretzka as my 2 CDM?
  • JohnDoe
    11300 posts Has That Special Something

When I run a midfield of 3, I like to have: 1 offensive, 1 box to box and 1 defensive.

To be honest, my 1st thought is to play Aouar as CAM and my 2 CDM would be Goretzka and still hesitating between Toty Kante or the best Pogba possible (still hoping he shows up as SBC next week).

And even if I wanted to play that way and having fun, since the game made it possible, it would be my concern, not yours :)

Anyway... back to the reason I ask: Would it not be too "unbalanced" to play with Aouar and Goretzka as my 2 CDM?

Would be less unbalanced than playing with Goretzka and Pogba as your CDMs.
  • Chalmo
    edited June 18
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Would be less unbalanced than playing with Goretzka and Pogba as your CDMs.

You got me here. Pogba is one of my fav IRL...

I think I'll go with the heart.

Team would be something like this (4231):
    Prime Raul
    Lacazette TOTS - Aouar TOTS - Undecided
    Pogba (best version) - Goretzka TOTS
    Salah Birthday - Van Dijk 88 - PIM Blanc - Kimmich TOTS
    De gea

Undecided: Can be Aguero TOTS, Bernardo Silva TOTS, Ben yedder TOTS or Reus TOTS... can't decide... :(

Untradables: Raul, Goretzka, Bernardo Silva, Salah Birthday, PIM Blanc, Ndombele FS
  • Chavez76
    2696 posts Fans' Favourite

was thinking of thi setup as well, with Fernandinho as partner. Am a bit worried about th lack of height though, both being below 6ft / 190cm ?

as of now, created a team (not yet played with it though :)) with only 1 CDM and in a 41212 wide, but I fear, since I am crap at defending, this is too attacking
  • Maximus AK47
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking of doing. I was thinking Fernandinho or Thiago Mendes. I like to have one creative and one solid CDM in 352 so could work well together

Mendes is no good . Just tried him for 2 days and he doesn’t feel like elite card
  • Bevlarrrr
    1020 posts Professional

Mendes is no good . Just tried him for 2 days and he doesn’t feel like elite card

Wow really ?! He looks so good aswell, how disappointing. I’m in a dilemma at the moment of who to get as the other CDM. It’s between TOTS Fernandinho, TOTS Allan, TOTS Witsel or CL Fabinho. Have you used any of these ? I’m swaying towards Fab or Witsel, it’s their height advantage aswell
  • Maximus AK47
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero

Wow really ?! He looks so good aswell, how disappointing. I’m in a dilemma at the moment of who to get as the other CDM. It’s between TOTS Fernandinho, TOTS Allan, TOTS Witsel or CL Fabinho. Have you used any of these ? I’m swaying towards Fab or Witsel, it’s their height advantage aswell

Fabinho will be the best CDm , Allan is good but more of box to box player . Don’t like Fernandinho at all
  • Maximus AK47
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero

Mendes stats look insane indeed . But in game he is not very present .
    Goes forward too much . He is quick enough. Good shot , scored 2 goals for me. Can tackle well . But lacks strength and aggression.

So he is like a bit better version of Kante . But Kante is better at defending.

I’d say Ndombele TOTS card is better for sure
  • Vezzo
    913 posts Professional
    tom4s wrote: »
    Torn over Auoar. Will only find space for him in my attacking half. Has anyone tried him as wide CAM?

This is my option also. Would play instead of witsel in 41212
  • Bevlarrrr
    1020 posts Professional

Mendes stats look insane indeed . But in game he is not very present .
    Goes forward too much . He is quick enough. Good shot , scored 2 goals for me. Can tackle well . But lacks strength and aggression.

So he is like a bit better version of Kante . But Kante is better at defending.

I’d say Ndombele TOTS card is better for sure

Ndombele better than all of them ? Or just better than Mendes ? I think it’s definitely between Witsel or Fabinho then. Where Aouar will be the attacking one out of the 2
  • Bevlarrrr
    1020 posts Professional
    Vezzo wrote: »

TOTS Witsel no good ?
  • Vezzo
    913 posts Professional

TOTS Witsel no good ?

He is but I am addicted to changing :)
  • Bevlarrrr
    1020 posts Professional

TOTS Witsel no good ?

He is but I am addicted to changing :)

Haha I hear you. Where did you play him ?
  • Dk1501
    4 posts Ball Boy
    I got him and he’ll play as a wide cam in a 4222 - team is

TOTS Ederson,
    TOTS VVD, TOTS Da Costa, FB Luiz, RTTF Alonso
    TOTS Brandt, TOTS Goretzka, Prime Vieira, TOTS Aouar
    Prime Raul, TOTS Ben Yedder

Mertens, Bernardo Silva, Koulibailiy and Thauvin TOTS on the bench
  • hjdjydyufu
    7750 posts League Winner
    Exact same position as you and I don't know
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    Let us know how he plays at wide cam, please - considering playing him there myself.

Also - he would be replacing PIM Rivaldo -whom do you guys think is the better player?
  • Anti_Replay
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 18
    Put Hawk or Markman or even Hunter on him and he’s beast on LCAM role.
  • Jonboyparker
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    I’m tempted to do the sbc and play him at CDM also. Alongside Vieira but the only issue is he’d be replacing Goretzka that I love.

My team is already stacked so he’s the only player I can drop.

Vieria/Goretzka or Vieria/Aouar?
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m tempted to do the sbc and play him at CDM also. Alongside Vieira but the only issue is he’d be replacing Goretzka that I love.

My team is already stacked so he’s the only player I can drop.

Vieria/Goretzka or Vieria/Aouar?

I play all 3 in my team and if it’s a cdm you want go with goretzka, that being said I’d take aouar over goretzka at cm 7 days a week
  • Invincibility
    3823 posts National Call-Up
    He's good at CDM with sentinel but Great as RCAM/LCAM with deadye!
  • Gnomenclature
    3152 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone else having issues with aouar disappearing in game? First few games he was incredible, now he just sits way too deep... Very strange considering his workrates... although, everything in this game is acting funky... I tried 451 yesterday and my cdm decided he was a right midfielder and the right mid played cdm...
  • DadBod
    6301 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone else having issues with aouar disappearing in game? First few games he was incredible, now he just sits way too deep... Very strange considering his workrates... although, everything in this game is acting funky... I tried 451 yesterday and my cdm decided he was a right midfielder and the right mid played cdm...

Thanks mate! I was planning to do his sbc but i guess i will wait for other reviews.
  • Gnomenclature
    3152 posts National Call-Up
    DadBod wrote: »

Thanks mate! I was planning to do his sbc but i guess i will wait for other reviews.

Tbh, I'm having trouble with all my players... eusebio hasn't scored in 7 games... Tots Icardi is the only one scoring right now. It's like every team I play has supersonic ai defending. The goals I'm scoring are stupid rebounds or lucky long shots. Every other shot gets blocked over and over again.