Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Shshj
    3494 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 17
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    "It’s a bit disappointing because I don’t think [Pogba] showed us any respect at all. To be honest, if they carry on that way, I’m quite happy that he’s away, from me, anyway.” - SAF on Pogba, 2012

Hope Ole feels the same way.

I'm almost positive that quote was directed at Mino about the Pogba situation... not directly about Pogba himself...SAF even said in his autobiography that he wanted Pogba to stay and had no negative feelings towards Pogba, and implied it was all towards his agent and proceeded to take several pops at Mino for how he handled Pogba's situation.

The Judas was a kid back then, Fergie gave him the benefit of the doubt. If Fergie was still manager now, the Judas would be sold this summer after what he publicly said. No player is bigger than the club, keeping the Judas will cause issues in the dressing room.

358ac448a7fd7a5ff324ba1a4e1d8e6d.png

093e2d1530f01930e88e1fe46a432089.png
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30833 posts National Team Captain
    Fans will be in for a rude awakening regarding Pogba’s “consistency” when he goes to a quality squad with quality players and not surrounded by mediocrity.
  • ViVaWhom
    7215 posts Big Money Move
    it is kinda funny how the narrative changes, when jose was in charge, when we said the squad was 'mediocrity' no one would have it
  • Ahmer50x
    14708 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    it is kinda funny how the narrative changes, when jose was in charge, when we said the squad was 'mediocrity' no one would have it

It’s hard to blame the players when you play a back 5 with McTominay away to West Ham.

Also, Jose signed some of the worst offenders.

Whatever happens with Ole and Pogba, it was still the right decision to sack Jose.
  • Cyodine
    997 posts Professional
    Why have you got Liverpool's next signing as your profile picture @Retro_G ?

It looks like Bruno is running away from United.
  • finsfan85
    11476 posts Has That Special Something
    So no Bruno. And no Youri. And forcing Pogba to remain at the club.

• Kman
    2601 posts Fans' Favourite
    finsfan85 wrote: »

No Hazard.

Checkmate.

• Tornado31619
    15255 posts World Class
    Kman wrote: »

No Hazard.

Checkmate.

And no adequate replacement, either.
  • Apollo
    11606 posts Has That Special Something

I'm not convinced that you understand the premise that there's still time left in the window we can sign players, and that things can change very quickly. It's clear Woodward is incompetent and can only do things one at a time, so we could quite easily move for either of those midfielders once he's finished negotiating for AWB for example.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30833 posts National Team Captain
    Apollo wrote: »

I'm not convinced that you understand the premise that there's still time left in the window we can sign players, and that things can change very quickly. It's clear Woodward is incompetent and can only do things one at a time, so we could quite easily move for either of those midfielders once he's finished negotiating for AWB for example.

He just simply posts anyone that comes across his twitter feed that’s negative to United. And seems to just instantly believe it as truth.
  • finsfan85
    11476 posts Has That Special Something

He just simply posts anyone that comes across his twitter feed that’s negative to United. And seems to just instantly believe it as truth.

Kristoff is very reliable for Belgians in the Premier League.
  • forearms
    4282 posts National Call-Up
    I wish I shared the optimism some around here have. With Woodward in charge, I see only disappointment coming.
  • Apollo
    edited June 17

Kristoff is very reliable for Belgians in the Premier League.

"So far". Doesn't mean we won't be in for him. Which is my whole point, things can change quickly.
  • Apollo
    forearms wrote: »
    I wish I shared the optimism some around here have. With Woodward in charge, I see only disappointment coming.

Just about every source out there says we are in negotiations with Palace for AWB. Once a fee is agreed he will move onto whoever's next. I don't in the slightest think that Woodward will meet Ole's deadline to have all of our business done, but hopefully he'll get a chunk of it done.

He's left it too late on the whole, everyone agrees on that I think. We just have to hope he can try and salvage the situation and get as much done before July as possible.
  • Keano
    11710 posts Has That Special Something
    The guy is one of those that's more focused on our club than his own, likes to come in here & post nothing of any value or substance other than for a reaction/be sad & bitter for whatever reason. I just wonder if he'll be saying anything when Chelsea are struggling without Hazard, probably but that's because he's more focused on us than his own. Sad really.
  • Kellnerr
    2233 posts Fans' Favourite

Well some of you guys post anything that's positive to United, despite coming from the most ridiculous sources, that's not any better.
  • Keano
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Well some of you guys post anything that's positive to United, despite coming from the most ridiculous sources, that's not any better.

We've posted about a lot of players, I can guarantee that nobody in his is always posting positive stuff about United, have you seen the state we're in atm? Even if they did, it's a United thread so you'll get people that're more bias to United because it's for United fans... to talk about their club. Coming in a thread thats not your own club just to say negative things & try & post childish stuff says more about the person than anything else... but a lot of people do & have done it in here (though a lot of those that used to seem to have cleared off, but he & 1-2 others are people that're to obsessed with United to realise it doesn't benefit them to just come in here & spout negative nonsense.

It's a shame really, that people would rather bash & go on about others clubs than go into their own clubs & speak about that... but to each their own.
  • Ahmer50x

Just about every source out there says we are in negotiations with Palace for AWB. Once a fee is agreed he will move onto whoever's next. I don't in the slightest think that Woodward will meet Ole's deadline to have all of our business done, but hopefully he'll get a chunk of it done.

He's left it too late on the whole, everyone agrees on that I think. We just have to hope he can try and salvage the situation and get as much done before July as possible.

We’ve been in negotiations since like 2 weeks ago though.

At this speed, forget Ole’s timeline, we’d be lucky to get our business done at all by the window closing
  • Apollo

At this speed, forget Ole’s timeline, we’d be lucky to get our business done at all by the window closing

I'm not disputing that, been saying he needs to get a move on for weeks. Just trying to be hopeful that he actually will. Hopefully Pogba announcing that he wants to leave is the kick up the **** that Woodward needs to get moving faster and get some deals done.
  • Kman
    2601 posts Fans' Favourite

As usual we threw a small bid in first just in case it was taken and we could save some money...AWB is worth £50m at the very least
  • Apollo
    Kman wrote: »

As usual we threw a small bid in first just in case it was taken and we could save some money...AWB is worth £50m at the very least

Not to mention the fact that had he got this deal done earlier he could've negotiated personal terms with AWB before he went to the Euros, but no, he ****** about with terrible bids that were never going to be accepted and now we have to wait until after the tournament to properly finalise the deal.
  • Ahmer50x
    Funnily enough, AWB and Longstaff are the two deals you can take slowly. Neither will be there for preseason training on July 1 even if we signed them today because of rest and recovery from injury respectively.

The CB and CM though would likely show up for preseason. Those arguably should’ve been done first :lol:
  • Apollo
    edited June 17
    Funnily enough, AWB and Longstaff are the two deals you can take slowly. Neither will be there for preseason training on July 1 even if we signed them today because of rest and recovery from injury respectively.

The CB and CM though would likely show up for preseason. Those arguably should’ve been done first :lol:

If he had planned that beforehand yes, but once he started working on the AWB deal that needed to be concluded quickly so he could move onto the next.

I personally don't have an issue with the fact that he started with AWB, I think there was a very good chance that other teams (such as City, maybe Spurs if they agree that Trippier is declining) could have been interested in him, so I get wanting to start with him and get it done. But don't take weeks to get it done when he is only capable of doing one deal at a time so it hinders the rest of our business :|
  • ViVaWhom
    lets not forget, we still need to sell de gea if he is not extending his contract

it would be a really **** move by him to let him contract run out and leave for free
  • Ahmer50x
  • Keano

I see where you're coming from, but as said... as soon as Ed gets onto the AWB stuff (as we know he can only deal with one deal at a time), he has to wrap it up before he goes off like now.. we have other priorities we have to get, so sure he could be working on them whilst AWB is away, but you don't start something & not finish it if you can't multitask.

I just think he has a lot to do & has never had to actually do this much before, which the majority think he's awful anyway, without having to do double/triple the transfers of any other window after saying to the press, board, fans & shareholders he'd be bringing in someone to help deal with this stuff... it's just abysmal & he has no clue... but he survives again & again as he's the Glazers puppet.
  • ViVaWhom
    the club is gonna play this mata resigning as something big arent they... like they did with fellaini lol
  • WelshWizard
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    Eventually you would expect the failures to catch up with Woodward but being as marketable as United are we could likely coast around mid table for a few years as the Glazer siphon money out of the club as they view that as a success :'( . Product on the pitch doesn't matter that much in the short term. We had basic Moyes and his pointless crossing to LVG sleep producing displays and the club grew financially in that time :D

I hope the unthinkable happens and we get a flurry of action as decisions are made and 2/3 come in the next few weeks with AWB, Longstaff and the potential Pogba replacement(Tielemans) being the actually last deals we are going to be working on.