Been watching pes goals, Fifa need to learn how to make messi work in fifa like pes.

JamesH
454 posts An Exciting Prospect
You guys need to watch it. Link below.

Comments

• Pocketsquareguy
    4623 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 16
    This one one thing PES can do that fifa rarely has been able to. Make all elite players work in the way they work in real life. A better example than Messi is a maestro that plays deeper. Think iniesta. Iniesta is an elite player in PES, where he has never been usable in fifa. Each player brings what they bring to the table irl, to pes. Whereas fifa I can only recall two cards that really felt like their real life counterparts in recent fifas. That is EOAE Pirlo 18 and Toty Marcelo 19. Both cards had to be insanely boosted to do it.

I’ve been using Busquest a good deal this year in PES. He is immense. He sits deep. Doesn’t move around a ton. Breaks up play and sprays balls to get my attack going.
  • JamesH
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah totally agree. Fifa never has been able to recreate technical players. This is something pes 2020 has got spot on since pes 2012. I can see some fifa fans being moved by how pes plays now specially if you like technical players and want to play intricate football.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    JamesH wrote: »
    Yeah totally agree. Fifa never has been able to recreate technical players. This is something pes 2020 has got spot on since pes 2012. I can see some fifa fans being moved by how pes plays now specially if you like technical players and want to play intricate football.

I honestly think if fifa players weren’t so stubborn and realized how good the PES option files are they would play PES more. Most fifa players don’t even realize PES has all the real life players, faces etc.
  • joehuk
    3002 posts National Call-Up
    To be fair that gameplay whilst looks more true to life speed wise, GKs, animations, shooting just seems the same as before pretty poor.

I love the game speed of pes but hate the GKs dives in slow motion and shooting doesn't seem right.

Hopefully it's an early build so things may improve but looks to similar to pes 19.

Looks like I'll not be playing any football game this season :joy:
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2016 posts Fans' Favourite
    PES has been on top since 18 only thing they lack is license but they countered that with unique legend deal like they did last year with ‘Milan Legends’ ‘inter legends’ and Liverpool and many other a lot more then FIFA and the great thing about the PES is that each player plays like they do or used in real life. I mean look at Ronaldinho in PES 2020 my got he is legit in every aspect in terms of looks, traits and gameplay even his behaviour on the pitch!

I said this few weeks ago I will definitely give PES a proper go this year.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    joehuk wrote: »
    To be fair that gameplay whilst looks more true to life speed wise, GKs, animations, shooting just seems the same as before pretty poor.

I love the game speed of pes but hate the GKs dives in slow motion and shooting doesn't seem right.

Hopefully it's an early build so things may improve but looks to similar to pes 19.

Looks like I'll not be playing any football game this season :joy:

My opinion on PES shooting is that it looks poor. But, the results are more fair. It’s hard to make long shots, a good chance is more often than not rewarded etc. it just has a plain look about it. Fifa 20 does look like they’re trying to make some aspects of it play like PES, which is encouraging. But it seems they want to keep some of the really arcadey stuff in the game.
  • AlbinoXI
    1374 posts Professional
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »
    PES has been on top since 18 only thing they lack is license but they countered that with unique legend deal like they did last year with ‘Milan Legends’ ‘inter legends’ and Liverpool and many other a lot more then FIFA and the great thing about the PES is that each player plays like they do or used in real life. I mean look at Ronaldinho in PES 2020 my got he is legit in every aspect in terms of looks, traits and gameplay even his behaviour on the pitch!

May give pes a go myself have always been a Fifa man but won’t be buying this year
  • Pocketsquareguy
    edited June 16
    AlbinoXI wrote: »
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »

May give pes a go myself have always been a Fifa man but won’t be buying this year

PES lite is free. It’s basically ultimate team only. You will get killed online at first. But just swap to type 2 controls (same as fifa) and get used to the gameplay against the ai.
  • lukey200
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    i loved Pes on the old PS2 days but it lost its game !! i went back to it last year but was just horrible - graphics passing and those stupid skill moves
  • BeastlyHusla
    2498 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not bad but whats with their arms. Looks robotic like.
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    JamesH wrote: »

I honestly think if fifa players weren’t so stubborn and realized how good the PES option files are they would play PES more. Most fifa players don’t even realize PES has all the real life players, faces etc.

The option file is not for xbox one is it?
  • Bananakick
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    Only thing that kept me away are player contracts. It's a big grind, and I don't play football games to grind for contract costs
  • Anti_Replay
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PES always superior football game, but only Asian countries. I rarely find online matches in Western.
  • Killer_Snake2017
    1461 posts Professional
    Bananakick wrote: »
    Only thing that kept me away are player contracts. It's a big grind, and I don't play football games to grind for contract costs

What's wrong with their contracts compared to FIFA?
  • BeardGang
    911 posts Professional
    Anyone see the penalty where the goalie pretty much reaches the corner flag diving the wrong way