FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    11561 posts Has That Special Something
    Question for you guys.....

With the PL schedule being released today I’ve heard a lot of chatter about the opening 5-6 games for all the top teams. My question is, would you like to see them stack the schedule heavier towards the back end?

I’d love to see derby’s end the season personally, but then you also risk some tough run ins with teams potentially deep in Europe.
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    Question for you guys.....

With the PL schedule being released today I’ve heard a lot of chatter about the opening 5-6 games for all the top teams. My question is, would you like to see them stack the schedule heavier towards the back end?

I’d love to see derby’s end the season personally, but then you also risk some tough run ins with teams potentially deep in Europe.

I think having the big games in March and May would be best. April could be very busy if you're still in the FA Cup and quarter-finals and semi-finals of Europe. Arsenal could have 9 games in April this year if they advance in Europa.

Having all the top games early gives you time to go on a winning streak late in the season. But I think the most important time is middle of Dec to middle of Feb. Avoiding top teams during that time is most important.
  • LAboog4
    648 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Derby day to end the season would be fun.
  • WestardLord
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm considering going back to my Monaco story as opposed to continuing with Leipzig. Not sure, sorta missing playing in Ligue 1 :#

Feel very conflicted right now. lol
  • LAboog4
    I'm considering going back to my Monaco story as opposed to continuing with Leipzig. Not sure, sorta missing playing in Ligue 1 :#

No problems having two going at once. It seems these boards slow down in the summer so I'm sure people wouldn't mind following both if you went back and forth.
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    Anyone following the cricket World Cup? It’s the biggest match in Sport at Old Trafford today. India v Pakistan. They got 500,000 applications for 25,000 seats. The estimated TV viewing figure for today’s match is 1 billion people.
  • LAboog4
    Alastair wrote: »
    Anyone following the cricket World Cup? It’s the biggest match in Sport at Old Trafford today. India v Pakistan. They got 500,000 applications for 25,000 seats. The estimated TV viewing figure for today’s match is 1 billion people.

I tried paying attention to the World Cup to learn the sport. I think I'm more confused as matches go on though.

I watched my first boxing match last night with Fury though.
    Incredible how the big guy can move his upper body that quickly. He made very quick work of Scwarz. I was expecting a better fight.
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    LAboog4 wrote: »

I tried paying attention to the World Cup to learn the sport. I think I'm more confused as matches go on though.

:joy:

What don’t you understand? I’ll try and explain. :smile:
  • Wyojasond

They were talking about it on the radio a lot yesterday. Crickets an even smaller game here than Soccer 😂

I’m with @LAboog4, ive never understood the sport. They were calling a game the other day and it’s like “well he’s 43 of 35, and he hit it over the head of Al Hal Hij, so that’s another 10 points and they need another 110 to wrap up the win 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    edited June 16

They were talking about it on the radio a lot yesterday. Crickets an even smaller game here than Soccer 😂

I’m with @LAboog4, ive never understood the sport. They were calling a game the other day and it’s like “well he’s 43 of 35, and he hit it over the head of Al Hal Hij, so that’s another 10 points and they need another 110 to wrap up the win 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂

43 runs from 35 balls.

1 ball is 1 throw by the bowler (like the pitcher in baseball).

If you run the length of the wicket (the bit in the middle) you get 1 run, twice = 2 runs etc. If you hit it past the boundary (off the pitch) without it bouncing it's 6 runs and if it bounces it's 4 runs.
  • Wyojasond

43 runs from 35 balls.

If you run the length of the wicket (the bit in the middle) you get 1 run, twice = 2 runs etc. If you hit it past the boundary (off the pitch) without it bouncing it's 6 runs and if it bounces it's 4 runs.

giphy.gif
  • Danimal5981
    2238 posts Fans' Favourite

Yeah, I feel you there. I have exactly the same: I can only really gear myself up with Ajax. With any other team, it's fun for a month and then it just becomes less.
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator

43 runs from 35 balls.

giphy.gif

Which bit is still confusing?

Maybe watching a few minutes on youtube might help.
  • Wyojasond

43 runs from 35 balls.

giphy.gif

Which bit is still confusing?

Maybe watching a few minutes on youtube might help.

😂 just don’t think it’s a game for me
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    5 years since Raheem Sterling’s wonder strike against Italy. I started celebrating that in one room of my mate’s house and ended up at the other end of the house before I realised he missed.

It got me thinking, is there a better goal that never was?
  • dannyboy
    12825 posts Has That Special Something
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    Hope they include this Morrisons in FIFA 20.

• Danimal5981
    Quincy Promes (Sevilla) to Ajax; confirmed!
  • Wyojasond
    Quincy Promes (Sevilla) to Ajax; confirmed!

😮 brilliant signing for Ajax.
  • Ashy
    9730 posts League Winner
    Surely that means one of Neres/Ziyech is leaving with Promes coming in

• Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »
    Surely that means one of Neres/Ziyech is leaving with Promes coming in

This transfer window has been so slow.....have a feeling it’s going to really kick off soon though. Sounding like most PL teams are waiting til July 1st as that marks the start of the new fiscal year.
  • Danimal5981
    edited June 24
    Ziyech and Neres are still active at the Africa Cup and the Copa America, respectively. Until they're done, I don't see them move anywhere. But Neres has upgraded his deal at Ajax: better salary for a year guaranteed stay, it is rumoured.

On top, Hakim Ziyech appears very picky and won't leave for anyone else other than the top 3 of England or Spain, it seems. I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay: after all, Ajax are one of the top 4 performing teams in Europe as we speak :wink: [shots flying...]

Matthijs de Ligt now appears very close to a deal with Juventus. For some reason, anybody with Mino Raiola (Italian) as agent sooner or later must play in Italy...

On the bright side, we also appear to inch closer to Ianis Hagi (Viitorul), Steven Bergwijn (PSV), Ryan Babel (free, was Fulham) as well as Timo Fosu-Mensah (Man Utd, was on loan at Fulham). That would complete our squad nicely.
  • Ashy
    9730 posts League Winner
    Ziyech is the most likely to leave I think, if Bergwijn arrives then one of the two 100% must be off, either way it's a fantastic bit of business for Ajax to sell one of Ziyech or Neres and bring in Bergwijn and Promes for a similar fee
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »
    Ziyech is the most likely to leave I think, if Bergwijn arrives then one of the two 100% must be off, either way it's a fantastic bit of business for Ajax to sell one of Ziyech or Neres and bring in Bergwijn and Promes for a similar fee

I’d love Ziyech at Liverpool. Even more than Bruno Fernandes.

I think he ends up staying at Ajax at this point.
  • dannyboy
    12825 posts Has That Special Something
    Should sign Neres instead of Ziyech imo
  • Wyojasond
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Should sign Neres instead of Ziyech imo

I like Neres a lot, and wouldn’t mind signing him at all, but if I get the choice, I’m taking Ziyech
  • LAboog4
    I think the transfer window will pick up in a week. Once the international tournaments are done and the new fiscal year starts players will sign.
  • Wyojasond
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    I think the transfer window will pick up in a week. Once the international tournaments are done and the new fiscal year starts players will sign.

Totally agree. Was just expected to be such a crazy summer and with players like Pogba, Neymar, Eriksen, Bale and Coutinho all being tipped for moves I think most people (myself included) thought they would happen a bit sooner 😂
  • Wyojasond
    @Danimal5981, know anything about Sepp van den Berg? Young Dutch CB who currently plays for Pec Zwolle. Sounds like we are close to signing him. Being hailed as the next De Ligt.
  • Wyojasond
    Looks like spurs are about to snag Ndombele, quality signing for them.

Also looks like Torreira has asked for his transfer to Milan (family reasons) Shame if it’s true, quality player. Even if he does play for Arsenal 😜