Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Kman
    2610 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    Hopefully if Pogba goes we get Eriksen in. Pretty sure he’s ready to leave Spurs.

Why on earth would he leave Spurs and UCL football to join us? :joy:

If he goes, he goes abroad or to City/Liverpool

Because he probably wants to stay in the PL and has realised Spurs aren’t going to win anything anytime soon. I keep seeing United want him to replace Pogba, be a great signing.
  • Apollo
    11743 posts Has That Special Something

I really hope this isn't true :disappointed: Going to find the article and have a proper read
  • Ahmer50x
    14812 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 16
    Woodward incapable of doing more than one thing at once ffs

Ducker's not bad for an English source, but I'll trust Kristof over him.
  • Apollo
    Telegraph wrote:
    Youri Tielemans, the Monaco and Belgium midfielder who spent last season on loan at Leicester City, is one of numerous players to have been offered to United but the club are not thought to be pursuing a deal for the 22 year-old and are instead focusing on other targets. Leicester would like to sign Tielemans permanently but have been put off by his €45m valuation.

€45m! We better not turn that down
    Woodward incapable of doing more than one thing at once ffs

Ducker's not bad for an English source, but I'll trust Kristof over him.

Hopefully you're right.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30881 posts National Team Captain

"The preferred option is to keep hold of Pogba, with Solskjær prepared to build his team around the World Cup winner.

United’s manager wants to bring in two more midfielders this summer to provide the £89m man with the platform to truly realise his potential.

Solskjær is also considering handing him the captain’s armband, following the departure of Antonio Valencia."

^I'd genuinely rather have Ashley Young captain for the next 5 seasons

Glad OGS agrees with me in that he wants to keep and build around Pogba.
  • Apollo

"The preferred option is to keep hold of Pogba, with Solskjær prepared to build his team around the World Cup winner.

United’s manager wants to bring in two more midfielders this summer to provide the £89m man with the platform to truly realise his potential.

Solskjær is also considering handing him the captain’s armband, following the departure of Antonio Valencia."

I wanted him to stay as well, but if he wants to go then its far from an ideal situation to try and build a team around a guy that doesn't want to be here.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Pogba gone then.

Our best outfield player even if inconsistent but ultimately we shouldn't keep players who don't want to play for the club. I stick by the fact I don't 100% blame him for wanting out but the new challenge is laughable when he ends back at Juve. Virus in the fact that players in the dressing room look to him to lead the team and they are very influenced by him.

We have been a bad selling club and he has heaped pressure on the club to sell this summer as usual playing the transfer game like his agent.

Options on shape open up but I would like to see us still go 433. Diamond was very inconsistent to the extreme with good performances to the very worst could return but with the James signing and rumor links to another RW signing a return to a wider shape looks more likely.

4231/442/4411(a 10 or second ST back 4 shape) is a option and Dybala comes right in to the chat now so wouldn't be surprised if it's a multi player swap due to money even if I prefer we just get cash. Hard working wingers and some new CMs and it becomes a major option.

Does anyone have any faith that Ed Woodward can pull this off? Could be a lot on the table but we get played by everyone.

Agree with you on Pogba
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Guess Sir Alex was right about Pogba all those years ago.

How so?
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Ole doesn't want to keep unhappy players and wants his signings sorted by the tour.

Ed wants to force Pogba to stay and is wasting valuable time on signings.

**** Woodward man. Just listen to your football manager. :angry:

But OGS also wants Pogba to stay and build around him :lol:
  • Apollo
    edited June 16

Woodward takes a ridiculous amount of time to agree fees for players, just about everyone is quicker at it than him
  • Wyojasond
    10166 posts Has That Special Something
    Hopefully if Pogba goes we get Eriksen in. Pretty sure he’s ready to leave Spurs.

Why on earth would he leave Spurs and UCL football to join us? :joy:

If he goes, he goes abroad or to City/Liverpool

Because he probably wants to stay in the PL and has realised Spurs aren’t going to win anything anytime soon. I keep seeing United want him to replace Pogba, be a great signing.

Eriksen is either going to Real (unlikely now) or staying with Spurs who are reportedly offering him a HUGE wage bump. He’s one of those players always linked with a move away, but ends up staying right where he was. Just like Hazard.

If Real move on from Pogba and sell Isco and Asensio, then I can see them making a late move for Eriksen, but yeah I don’t see much of a chance of going to United 😂
  • Sellish
    8356 posts League Winner
    edited June 16

We're back in Europa Leagues social media. Worst place to be..
  • Ahmer50x

Atleast we know where the Pogba money will be spent :joy:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Apollo wrote: »

I wanted him to stay as well, but if he wants to go then its far from an ideal situation to try and build a team around a guy that doesn't want to be here.

Oh no doubt. As I said in my previous comment, if he wants to go, then he should go.

I was more or less making a play on Ahmer picking and choosing what ideals of OGS to support. Ultimately comes down to opinion, so it is what it is.
  • Sellish
    8356 posts League Winner

It's been a horrible day.
  • Pxul_
    7196 posts Big Money Move

Jeez😬
  • Keano
    11721 posts Has That Special Something
    ... de gea situation needs to be sorted asap now after the pogba thing dont hsve time to rush in a pogba sale, de gea sale and buying twogood players in the place of them.
  • Ahmer50x
    Keano wrote: »
    ... de gea situation needs to be sorted asap now after the pogba thing dont hsve time to rush in a pogba sale, de gea sale and buying twogood players in the place of them.

We don't need to buy if de Gea goes.

Romero and Henderson are enough for this season.
  • Ahmer50x
    de Gea
    AWB---Lindelof---Maguire---Shaw
    Bruno---Longstaff---Tielemens
    James---Rashford---Martial

Where do you guys honestly think that'd finish? I'd say its my best guess of our first XI next season atm
  • Wyojasond
    10166 posts Has That Special Something
    I mean to make your guys day even better.....a lot of talk that Atletico are moving in on Bruno and could swipe him.

Griezmann deal to Barca being delayed til July (some contract issue 🤷‍♂️) so they are likely making plans to wrap up deals as fast as possible.
  • Apollo
    de Gea

Where do you guys honestly think that'd finish? I'd say its my best guess of our first XI next season atm

4th. Spurs third, Arsenal and Chelsea missing out.
  • Ahmer50x
    de Gea

I think it'd be anywhere between 4th and 7th tbh

So many new signings that the time they take to settle could be key.

While I also expect Chelsea to fall away significantly, I think we're gonna see a lot better from the teams that finished top half this year. Everton, Wolves, Leicester, and West Ham could all make a top 4 push if things break well for them.
  • Apollo
    de Gea

I think it'd be anywhere between 4th and 7th tbh

So many new signings that the time they take to settle could be key.

While I also expect Chelsea to fall away significantly, I think we're gonna see a lot better from the teams that finished top half this year. Everton, Wolves, Leicester, and West Ham could all make a top 4 push if things break well for them.

The gelling point is the crucial one. Ability wise that squad should be 4th. Whether or not such a new team can settle is the deciding factor. If they only have a couple of weeks to play together because Ed doesn't get his act together, then we could easily be out of the top 4. If he surprises us and gets them a full preseason together, then we should be 4th if we get that team.
  • finsfan85
    11498 posts Has That Special Something
    de Gea

Highly unlikely that United pull off 5 more signings
  • Gervonta
    3591 posts National Call-Up
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    de Gea

Not with woodward in charge , the bloke struggles to work on more than 1 deal at a time.

• Ahmer50x
    Gervonta wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    de Gea

Not with woodward in charge , the bloke struggles to work on more than 1 deal at a time.

I still think we'll get 4 more (or 5 if Pogba goes). I just think Woodward's stupidity will mean it'll be August before everyone is signed rather than July 1 like Ole wanted
  • Keano
    11721 posts Has That Special Something
    The bloke needs to be told you're not involved with transfers, just tell us our budget & leave us to it... untill then it'll be shambles & an even slower process than it ought to be. Should really cost him his job if he insists on being in charge of the football side of things & keeps on failing.

• Ahmer50x

What if you said you wanted to leave and nobody came