What's the point in it all?

Greezyweezy101
1930 posts Fans' Favourite
What's the end goal of FUT?

All the grinding, all the matches, all the FP, all the trading...

Why?
What is actually achieved?

Comments

• bberger
    7837 posts League Winner

Why?

EA gets money for it. They have made it more clear than ever this year that money is all they seem to care about.
  • BasDostscp
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Why?

You get the chance to start all over and try to do better
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Nothing.

What's the point in doing anything in life? It's all just filling time before we die.

What a joy you are
  • Greezyweezy101
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nothing.

What's the point in doing anything in life? It's all just filling time before we die.

That's super morbid bro lol, I don't entirely disagree but even still, there are more enjoyable and rewarding things to pass time, right?
  • Whitebeard
    3444 posts National Call-Up
    I mean, usually point of the games is to relax and have fun, but this is FIFA we are talking about, so that's out of the question...
  • Alx192
    671 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ultimately it's our choice to play the game. But it's EA's fault for the state of the game.
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    Nothing.

THIS! And given the fact that we all know we will die sooner or later, nothing really matters as we all know its meaningless in the end anyway.
  • KING_HENKE
    1235 posts Professional
    Nothing. It’s supposed to be a fun pastime. The same as any game. If it’s not fun for you, don’t play.
  • D Heleteli
    856 posts Semi-Pro
    Nothing.

That's deep bro
  • lukey200
    983 posts Professional
    point 5 - - you have not learnt a thing - dont buy fifa20 - no point in starting again
  • lippyone
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nothing.

Made me chuckle, and it is very true. Just like FIFA life suddenly ends and all the hard work counts for nothing. At least with Fifa you get another go at it.

• Arsence
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For fun? Why play a video game if it's not fun?
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7854 posts League Winner
    It used to be fun. It’s now monetization. In fact I’ve come to believe that they don’t want it to be fun. They mush have some kind of study that shows unhappy players spend more than happy ones. The only thing I can come up with anymore.
  • oneskyworld
    1970 posts Fans' Favourite
    selb wrote: »
    Nothing.

What a joy you are

I think he is being sarcastic.
  • D0lvl
    4766 posts Big Money Move
    Nothing but all of us are addicted so it’s tough to break away from.

EA just profits from players’ gambling weaknesses and competitive spirit.

Only 2% is for the love of football which this game doesn’t represent at all.

My first fifa ultimate team will probably be also my last. Going back to MMOs.
  • E_clipZe
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    Whats the meaning of life
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Nothing.

What a joy you are

Yeah coz sarcasm really comes across well on a written forum 🙄

Btw, I was being sarcastic.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Nothing.

What a joy you are

Yeah coz sarcasm really comes across well on a written forum 🙄

Btw, I was being sarcastic.

I wasn't being sarcastic, it's a factual statement.
  • swfcfan89
    1364 posts Professional
    edited June 2019
    It used to be fun. It’s now monetization. In fact I’ve come to believe that they don’t want it to be fun. They mush have some kind of study that shows unhappy players spend more than happy ones. The only thing I can come up with anymore.

They've definitely taken the fun element out of it with their heavy focus on Esports. I know plenty of people find that fun I just don't think it should be mixed with FUT.

Those who take the competitive aspect seriously have to spend a lot of money on the game just to compete at the higher levels when that shouldn't be the case. They should be playing on a level playing field and that is certainly not found in a pay to win arcade mode like FUT.

From a business perspective, though, it works, so it's not gonna change any time soon.