Hey FB Sandro owners...

truegunn3r
13111 posts World Class
edited June 2019
What do you think of TOTS Mendy? Good thing I didn’t do the Sandro SBC now that this beast is out

Comments

• Boysie91
    15229 posts World Class
    Screenshot-2019-06-14-19-57-19.png
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    What do you think of TOTS Mendy? Good thing I didn’t do the Sandro SBC now that this beast is out

I’d be upset if you could buy him with untradeable fodder 😉
  • ozcs_69
    4862 posts Big Money Move
    sandro looks better and was cheaper
  • truegunn3r
    13111 posts World Class
    edited June 2019
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Dude, it’s a LB position so you don’t need to spend 600k. Why spend that much on an SBC when you can get red player pick Mendy. Fingers crossed but I am quite optimistic that I can pack him. Fullbacks and goalkeepers seem to have higher pack weights.
  • Ybiza
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    He has weak game model, so he gets pushed off the ball easy. He is also 178, with not maxed out jumping, so you gonna concede el tornado crosses against my gullit.

Da costa is still by far the best full back imo, he just fits meta perfectly.
  • Momus
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2019
    Don’t need any more upgrades to my team and had no coins left. Chucked all the TOTS I got from objectives and got him without having to spend any coins. Yes those cards had opportunity cost, but there was no better opportunity to use them as I’m done now.

Arguably best LB in the game paid for by some trash TOTS rewards. Or pay 700k for mendy. Wasn’t too hard of a decision

Would probably be a little salty if Mendy was released as an SBC though. The 4/5 combo is nice to have
  • Boysie91
    15229 posts World Class
    Dude, it’s a LB position so you don’t need to spend 600k. Why spend that much on an SBC when you can get red player pick Mendy. Fingers crossed but I am quite optimistic that I can pack him. Fullbacks and goalkeepers seem to have higher pack weights.

I didn't spend 800k as I had untradeables. What you going to do when you don't get him in the red picks? Pay more than I did for Sandro probably.
  • Danielb
    1376 posts Play-Off Hero
    I had so many untradables it cost me 45k in coins to do Sandro so a no brainer.
  • truegunn3r
    13111 posts World Class
    Momus wrote: »
    Don’t need any more upgrades to my team and had no coins left. Chucked all the TOTS I got from objectives and got him without having to spend any coins. Yes those cards had opportunity cost, but there was no better opportunity to use them as I’m done now.

Arguably best LB in the game paid for by some trash TOTS rewards. Or pay 700k for mendy. Wasn’t too hard of a decision
    If you pack a red Mendy then you will atleast have the thought what if you had saved your coins/players from Sandro SBC
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Sandro still the best left back in the game, perfect workrate, glad i done him, didn't cost me much with untradeables.
  • Futfanatic
    15984 posts World Class
    Crafted alex sandro with league sbc’s and upgrade sbc’s ended up with 500k profit (packed tots de paul) and packed tots gomez too.

So pretty good. Enjoy your 800k Mendy
  • RVN_10
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    120k plus untradables for me to do, dont think I I could of got mendy for that, i missed out on Alonso also so couldn't afford to miss out on sandro
  • truegunn3r
    13111 posts World Class

I didn't spend 800k as I had untradeables. What you going to do when you don't get him in the red picks? Pay more than I did for Sandro probably.
    I so far have packed:
    Alex Telles, Schulz, Halstenberg, Alba and Roussillon. I am optimistic that I can pack this beast
  • Ybiza
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Crafted alex sandro with league sbc’s and upgrade sbc’s ended up with 500k profit (packed tots de paul) and packed tots gomez too.

It feels so wasted having your pack luck in such a broken year
  • Momus
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero
    Momus wrote: »

If you pack a red Mendy then you will atleast have the thought what if you had saved your coins/players from Sandro SBC

Yeah I probably will - more so if I had used coins. Even with untradeables, they would have then been useful for Depay. Mendy would slot between two icons too so even better. That being said, I know I’m not packing him haha. Saw a YouTube video earlier where 100 player picks were opened and only 1 Cancelo was pulled
  • Kiido
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think that he still doesnt link to CR7
  • SyedWA
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Marcelo TOTY is on the field waving goodbye.
  • Professor
    4188 posts National Call-Up
    I didn't do Sandro but only because I couldn't fit him in on full chem otherwise he was excellent value for a top fullback.

I already have Toty Marcelo but might try out Mendy or Lala on the right but will be hard to displace Da Costa.
  • EekAlaska
    3100 posts National Call-Up
    I did Sandro for 40k with all the free cards. Good luck getting Mendy for that.
  • Danielb
    1376 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ybiza wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »

It feels so wasted having your pack luck in such a broken year

I know i packed Eden Hazard tradeable, Telles, Da Costa, Fernandinho, Baby ADP, Baby Eusebio, Gomez, and 5 or 6 lesser players In the last few weeks. (Rodri dupe as well) yet it still feels bitter ha ha.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner

This is such a poorly thought out post. Basically people that did Alex Sandro are somehow wrong because we should have waited and crossed our fingers that we get a red mendy in wl picks? Oh I’m so sad I’m stuck with a better lb, with better links, that will probably end up costing me less then you’ll pay for your mendy when you don’t get a red version.

Wait there I’ll sell my strikers and cross my fingers for a red Neymar and mbappe to replace them. Really Showing that 2000 IQ here buddy
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    It dosent even matter which is better. The vast majority of the player base only uses full backs for defending, so any decent gold will probably do the same job
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    No regrets doing sandro at all.

Superior to mendy. Cost me a few red picks that weren’t anywhere near my team and about 200k. Absolute bargain.
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2871 posts National Call-Up
    FB Sandro is miles better... why is this even a debate...

I’d even go as far as saying Sandro headliner card is better then that Mendy...

Sandro just plays better. Certain players is this game are better no matter what card comes along doubling in those stats.

Take Nicolas Pepe he looks phenomenal but a NIF Mbappe is a better option because he’s almost broken he just play so much better...

• truegunn3r
    13111 posts World Class
    edited June 2019
    It dosent even matter which is better. The vast majority of the player base only uses full backs for defending, so any decent gold will probably do the same job
    That’s exactly my point. It was never worth doing the Sandro SBC when most of the untradeable TOTS fullbacks people had packed can do similar jobs.
  • truegunn3r
    13111 posts World Class
    edited June 2019
    kraid wrote: »

This is such a poorly thought out post. Basically people that did Alex Sandro are somehow wrong because we should have waited and crossed our fingers that we get a red mendy in wl picks? Oh I’m so sad I’m stuck with a better lb, with better links, that will probably end up costing me less then you’ll pay for your mendy when you don’t get a red version.

Wait there I’ll sell my strikers and cross my fingers for a red Neymar and mbappe to replace them. Really Showing that 2000 IQ here buddy
    Wow, you really dug in. Looks like this thread got under your skin buddy. It’s all a matter of opinions so no need to get personal. :lol:
  • The_Immortal
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Sandro is better defensively. Mendy is better offensively.
  • truegunn3r
    13111 posts World Class
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »
    FB Sandro is miles better... why is this even a debate...

I’d even go as far as saying Sandro headliner card is better then that Mendy...

Sandro just plays better. Certain players is this game are better no matter what card comes along doubling in those stats.

Take Nicolas Pepe he looks phenomenal but a NIF Mbappe is a better option because he’s almost broken he just play so much better...
    There is no debate neither have I said that Mendy is better. Go back and read my initial post again. I am just asking a simple question to FB Sandro owners “what do they think of TOTS Mendy?”. As I said it’s a matter of opinion so people who are questioning my intellect need to have a hard look at themselves and then try to focus on what actually was being asked
  • Boysie91
    15229 posts World Class

How do you come to that conclusion? Sandro has better stats all round 🤔
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something

How do you come to that conclusion? Sandro has better stats all round 🤔

5* WF 4* skills makes him infinitely better at attacking.