Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Alastair
    10059 posts Moderator
    Just checked and whilst they’re working for me on iPhone they’re not working on iPad. I’ll flag it with @EA_Andy in the morning. :)
  • Argie8
    5814 posts Big Money Move
    we should sell Lovren and buy De Ligt. Only way you can replace one of the best defenders in the world
  • Cyodine
    1464 posts Professional
    Argie8 wrote: »
    we should sell Lovren and buy De Ligt. Only way you can replace one of the best defenders in the world

If you sell Lovren, you should be required to build him a statue.
  • Pxul_
    7899 posts League Winner
    edited June 13
    We play united while I’m on holiday in Greece, which is a shame because I wanted to go to that game🙄

Edit: Nevermind that’s the away game😂
  • Sercs
    18646 posts World Class
    tbh Lovren isnt a bad 4th choice CB, at 25m in this market I'd prob say its a gamble letting him go.

Thats unless we have some nutty plans to bring in De ligt or so on. Seems content being at liverpool currently and I think hes a good influence in the dressing room.

Priority should be real cover at LB and RB. Gomez isnt up to covering for Arnold imo.. hes so good through the middle but lacks going forward and makes us so lop sided. Really felt it in the season when TAA got injured and we had no clyne.

Need another top attacker to compete with firmino when playing 433 and to play one of the forward positions in a 4231.
  • Kellnerr
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lovren is a great 4th choice CB, highly doubt we could bring someone else in with similar quality who is content with that role.

Someone that could play CM and Firmino's role would be quite cool, don't know if Fekir or Bruno would be suited for example. But Firmino was an attacking mid too when he arrived, so I guess anything is possible.
  • Sercs
    18646 posts World Class
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Lovren is a great 4th choice CB, highly doubt we could bring someone else in with similar quality who is content with that role.

Someone that could play CM and Firmino's role would be quite cool, don't know if Fekir or Bruno would be suited for example. But Firmino was an attacking mid too when he arrived, so I guess anything is possible.

cant see us going for a CM when we have so many now with ox signing a new contract. Agreed though it would be great to have somebody with that killer pass quality that both silvas or kdb have

Keita was really coming into his own before his injury
  • Pxul_
    7899 posts League Winner
    Vincent Duluc, who is very close to Lyon, reported earlier this month that Fekir will be free to leave this summer if a club pays £13.2million which is sure to interest Liverpool.

That’s mad😬
  • Pietu
    2096 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Vincent Duluc, who is very close to Lyon, reported earlier this month that Fekir will be free to leave this summer if a club pays £13.2million which is sure to interest Liverpool.

That’s mad😬

Big if true
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class

That’s mad😬

That can't be true.

If it is, every big club in Europe should be after him.
  • Gervonta
    3817 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

That’s mad😬

That can't be true.

If it is, every big club in Europe should be after him.

It probably isn’t true , why in the world would Lyon sell him for dirt cheap, you’d be looking at €30m atleast because he’s in the final year of his deal.
  • Wyojasond
    11539 posts Has That Special Something
    Im expecting around 30m as well which is still a steal for a player of his ability (even with his injury record) Lyons owner has said publicly he has an agreement with Fekir, Mendy and Ndombele that they will be sold this summer if a big club comes in.

If he wants PL, I’m sure we’re his top choice but I know Chelsea were very interested as well, but ya know...banned.

I’d take him in a heartbeat. Can provide cover in so many areas.

As for Lovren, again I personally don’t think he’ll want to leave. Likes his role as backup now I feel like. I’d want a top rate starter if he was to leave and it just doesn’t seem right pushing Matip and Gomez down (plus it would take somebody really on there game to push them out of there spots anyways)
  • Wyojasond
    😂😂😂 imagine selling Alisson and then buying Karius 😬

🤷‍♂️ English press saying we aren’t after Fekir now, so this will probably play on for the next week or so.

• Littleland95
    16884 posts Moderator

🤷‍♂️ English press saying we aren’t after Fekir now, so this will probably play on for the next week or so.

Robin Olsen been bad for Roma?
  • Sellish
    9167 posts League Winner

Robin Olsen been bad for Roma?

Started really well but have declined heavily.
    Think there is a really good keeper in him, hope they keep him.
  • Alastair
    10059 posts Moderator
    Alastair wrote: »
    Just checked and whilst they’re working for me on iPhone they’re not working on iPad. I’ll flag it with EA_Andy in the morning. :)

It should all be working now. If anyone is still in problems let me know. :)
  • Apollo
    14861 posts Has That Special Something
    Just checked and whilst they’re working for me on iPhone they’re not working on iPad. I’ll flag it with EA_Andy in the morning. :)

It should all be working now. If anyone is still in problems let me know. :)

Yeah it's working now. Thanks :)
  • Snugglebites
    1094 posts Professional
    Bring back Karius as backup and bin Migs.
  • Wyojasond
    Interesting to see how this plays out. Can’t really remember Klopp and the recruitment team differing much on top targets.

• Wyojasond
    There’s the Asensio talk I mentioned the other day 😂 Personally don’t see us making that move at all, but would gladly welcome him in if we did.

• Cyodine
    1464 posts Professional
    There’s the Asensio talk I mentioned the other day 😂 Personally don’t see us making that move at all, but would gladly welcome him in if we did.

Where would he start? 80million is a lot to spend if he doesn't start!
  • Mart
    8013 posts League Winner
    Massive fraud. Wouldn't even pay half that.
  • Cyodine
    1464 posts Professional
    I'd probably just stay away from any Real Madrid players, most will cost too much and not overly improve the squad. It will be hard for most of them to break into the Liverpool XI.
  • Wyojasond
    Klopp is a big fan of Asensio. Had FSG push hard the last few years to sign him but we weren’t much of a bargaining chip then.

That being said, when it comes to Pepe and Asensio, I don’t see us signing either one as they would have to be content being a player that comes off the bench and while it would be nice to sign a 80m backup, it’s not gonna happen.

A lot of talk the last few days that we are looking at extending the contracts of many of our top players instead of spending the money on transfers. Guessing that means locking down VVD, Robertson, TAA and maybe Salah to long contracts. (Bobby and Mane already signing new ones recently)
  • Argie8
    5814 posts Big Money Move
    Klopp is a big fan of Asensio. Had FSG push hard the last few years to sign him but we weren’t much of a bargaining chip then.

That being said, when it comes to Pepe and Asensio, I don’t see us signing either one as they would have to be content being a player that comes off the bench and while it would be nice to sign a 80m backup, it’s not gonna happen.

A lot of talk the last few days that we are looking at extending the contracts of many of our top players instead of spending the money on transfers. Guessing that means locking down VVD, Robertson, TAA and maybe Salah to long contracts. (Bobby and Mane already signing new ones recently)

We could play up to 70 games this season. We need someone like Pepe. He would would get a lot of starts. We need to stop thinking of it as a starting 11 when it's a squad game. It's exactly why City won the treble
  • ChrisLFC
    7085 posts Big Money Move
    Not the biggest fan of Pepe but I'd take him over signing no one. What if Mane or Salah get injured? We need more depth in the squad.
  • Wyojasond
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Not the biggest fan of Pepe but I'd take him over signing no one. What if Mane or Salah get injured? We need more depth in the squad.

I think Wilson’s preseason could determine if we go all in for Pepe. If he really impresses than I think Klopp could concede that we don’t need Pepe.

Ox, Shaqiri, Origi and Wilson as backup options for the wing 🤷‍♂️ All solid players but a big drop off from Salah and Mane obviously.
  • Wyojasond
  • finsfan85
    12390 posts Has That Special Something

@holdenwait can most likely tell you about the Turkish midfielder
  • Pxul_
    7899 posts League Winner
    Liverpool and Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 27, has rejected a £150m move away with both Real Madrid and Juventus lining up offers. (Mirror)