FUT SWAP July info thread -PAGE1 - NEW SB swap token!

Comments

• Pieman25
    15425 posts World Class
    Vix14 wrote: »
    Any update regarding the missing free token?

Andy passed the info on, he has no update as yet and that was yesterday he posted it.
  • jacobdtr
    894 posts Semi-Pro
    Already gone for the Liga NOS pack - got Felipe (would have been better if it was Militao... but definitely could have been worse!)

Now will be saving up for Modric and that will probably be me done as I never get enough for the full 14 - usually get 10 or 11.
  • BecksRightPeg
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    Took me 3 games for the TOTS objective, 4 games on world class where I combined the Italian assists too.
    But the MLS one on professional is really getting to me. 4-0 up in the 55th min, need 2 more assists and my players just turned into sunday league bronze players...amazing.
    SB is such a painful game mode. I don't mind doing a couple of SB objectives at max, but this week is just too much imo.
  • mway
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 11
    Took me 3 games for the TOTS objective, 4 games on world class where I combined the Italian assists too.
    But the MLS one on professional is really getting to me. 4-0 up in the 55th min, need 2 more assists and my players just turned into sunday league bronze players...amazing.
    SB is such a painful game mode. I don't mind doing a couple of SB objectives at max, but this week is just too much imo.

I hope they remove SB. It´s the worst mode and a stupid one. I don´t want to play against a team that does not reflect their real stats. I don´t want to play a game where my player hit the post 10 times. It´s just a waste of time.
  • DannySTFC
    886 posts Semi-Pro
    I played a lot of SB last Fifa but I’m not sure how. It feels like the most scripted game mode on the game. Played last night and I’d be holding the left stick immediately left, no angle whatsoever in the direction of Ibra, and my Futmas Lukaku tried to pass it to my left back instead.

Got really frustrated considering it’s just an AI game, then I broke through, rolled it back to Ibra on his right foot 8 yards out in front of goal without a defender near him and he slides it wide of the near post, genuinely gobsmacked at the time, couldn’t believe it!
  • Pieman25
    15425 posts World Class
    mway wrote: »

I hope they remove SB. It´s the worst mode and a stupid one. I don´t want to play against a team that does not reflect their real stats. I don´t want to play a game where my player hit the post 10 times. It´s just a waste of time.

For a lot of us it's really the only mode we can play, can't pause an online game 4 or 5 times when you've stuff going on in the house. I'd like Rivals removed but it is what it is.
  • mway
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    I played a lot of SB last Fifa but I’m not sure how. It feels like the most scripted game mode on the game. Played last night and I’d be holding the left stick immediately left, no angle whatsoever in the direction of Ibra, and my Futmas Lukaku tried to pass it to my left back instead.

Got really frustrated considering it’s just an AI game, then I broke through, rolled it back to Ibra on his right foot 8 yards out in front of goal without a defender near him and he slides it wide of the near post, genuinely gobsmacked at the time, couldn’t believe it!

Squads Battle is the mode where all the bs we experience when we play other modes is multiplied by 10.
  • jacobdtr
    894 posts Semi-Pro
    Pieman25 wrote: »

For a lot of us it's really the only mode we can play, can't pause an online game 4 or 5 times when you've stuff going on in the house. I'd like Rivals removed but it is what it is.

Couldn't agree more...
  • Staxdoobie
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    jacobdtr wrote: »

Couldn't agree more...

And I couldn't agree more more.
  • Jaggy Snake
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I can get people disliking SB when there's an annoying objective but they don't usually take more than half a dozen games to complete, at the very most.

Apart from that though, if you get four decent wins on legendary every week you'll finish in one of the gold slots, get around 10,000 coins and a couple of packs. Which seems like decent value particularly for more casual players.
  • Staxdoobie
    I can get people disliking SB when there's an annoying objective but they don't usually take more than half a dozen games to complete, at the very most.

Apart from that though, if you get four decent wins on legendary every week you'll finish in one of the gold slots, get around 10,000 coins and a couple of packs. Which seems like decent value particularly for more casual players.

Exactly. No stress, no sweat, no one shushing and watching replays, and your players actually work properly. Sort of. Many people find playing against the AI pointless, but I'll take chill gameplay and relatively decent rewards over the online horrorfest, any day of the week.
  • Futfanatic
    12144 posts Has That Special Something
    Squad battles was better last year. This year its a lot of bs
  • Pieman25
    15425 posts World Class
    Futfanatic wrote: »

Would definitely like more variety but the mode itself is handy for us who have family things to be at and have to pause 5 or 6 times a game.
  • Futfanatic
    12144 posts Has That Special Something

Would definitely like more variety but the mode itself is handy for us who have family things to be at and have to pause 5 or 6 times a game.

Yeah for sure I don’t want it gone either but a bit more normalized would be great. One game I play a gold team that cant move and the next its a bronze team on steroids.
  • Pieman25
    15425 posts World Class

Yeah for sure I don’t want it gone either but a bit more normalized would be great. One game I play a gold team that cant move and the next its a bronze team on steroids.

I can even deal with that aspect, it's the tactics that need mixed up. Not 1 hope everyone uses the tactics we face in that mode.
  • ILevis
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    To the people still missing the futswap token: Have you logged in on console since it came out?

I was missing mine aswell but received it once i started up ultimate team on console rather than using the web/companion app
  • Retro_G
    27421 posts Player of the Year
    How many fut swap players should we've now, if we completed all challenges, SBC's?
  • Staxdoobie
    Retro_G wrote: »
    How many fut swap players should we've now, if we completed all challenges, SBC's?

5, I think. One more sitting in SB to collect Monday.
  • Headshrinker363
    4680 posts National Call-Up
    Someone should make a thread with all the info like how many players are released, how to get them etc. Then update the first page with all this info so people can find out what needs doing and for when. That would be really helpful.
  • Staxdoobie
    Someone should make a thread with all the info like how many players are released, how to get them etc. Then update the first page with all this info so people can find out what needs doing and for when. That would be really helpful.

Now now.
  • Retro_G
    27421 posts Player of the Year
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »

5, I think. One more sitting in SB to collect Monday.

Cool, have five myself.
  • MagnificentMaestro
    224 posts Sunday League Hero
    Struggling with the world class squad battles challenge tbh, confident il get it done but still, trying to mix both playing with a 80 rated MLS squad 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Dochter
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ILevis wrote: »
    To the people still missing the futswap token: Have you logged in on console since it came out?

I was missing mine aswell but received it once i started up ultimate team on console rather than using the web/companion app

Logged onto both and got nothing yet
  • BreezyE
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I still do not have a Santos yet
  • Trustme707
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Struggling with the world class squad battles challenge tbh, confident il get it done but still, trying to mix both playing with a 80 rated MLS squad 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was also struggling and decided to do it separately. Worked well and I've done it pretty quickly
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    what an awefull game this is. I can alwas get till the last assist needed. At minute 70. all of a sudden no pass will go to your player. every shot blocked. so you need to play an extra game for that stupid assist. every week the same. EA is a lowlife ####
  • Staxdoobie
    edited June 12
    what an awefull game this is. I can alwas get till the last assist needed. At minute 70. all of a sudden no pass will go to your player. every shot blocked. so you need to play an extra game for that stupid assist. every week the same. EA is a lowlife ####

Yep, this happens every time on these objectives. Imagine a game so messed up, it has to FORCE you to play another game rather than rely on the fact that you might actually want to.
  • Andyzim
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 12
    I don't think it wants me to get these futswap players. Every refresh is bringing 85, 91, 92 rated teams with full chem. My team, with FB Ibra, TOTS Quagliarella, FB de Rossi and an extremely robust defence including FB Sandro (bronze benched down to 80 rated) can't make a normal accurate short pass. And you can forget hitting the target with any force on a shot from inside the box.

Of course, many of the AI players with 70 shooting are scoring bangers from 40 yards after 20 ping pong passes down the pitch. I hate this mode!
  • IxToMxI
    5447 posts Big Money Move
    Andyzim wrote: »
    I don't think it wants me to get these futswap players. Every refresh is bringing 85, 91, 92 rated teams with full chem. My team, with FB Ibra, TOTS Quagliarella, FB de Rossi and an extremely robust defence including FB Sandro (bronze benched down to 80 rated) can't make a normal accurate short pass. And you can forget hitting the target with any force on a shot from inside the box.

Of course, many of the AI players with 70 shooting are scoring bangers from 40 yards after 20 ping pong passes down the pitch. I hate this mode!

@Andyzim try a 433 variation and stretch the. CPU defends the middle really well if you move from the very side of the pitch to other side you’ll get success seems to open holes in their defence.

Also skill moves they kill the CPU

• Andyzim
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    IxToMxI wrote: »

@Andyzim try a 433 variation and stretch the. CPU defends the middle really well if you move from the very side of the pitch to other side you’ll get success seems to open holes in their defence.

Also skill moves they kill the CPU

thanks, might try it if I can work up the motivation