EA give me the option to only play people from England and actually only give me people from England

Comments

• Boysie91
    9070 posts Has That Special Something
    Why are people seeing this as a attack on other countries and their people? I literally want to get the best connection possible and I never get that from people out of England so why can't I only play against people in my own country for a more enjoyable experience 🤔😂
  • Kiido
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Why are people seeing this as a attack on other countries and their people? I literally want to get the best connection possible and I never get that from people out of England so why can't I only play against people in my own country for a more enjoyable experience 🤔😂

I guess that's the snowflake mentality that will get you lot out of Europe
  • bobby2
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 11
    bobby2 wrote: »
    I don't want to play against
    Scottish
    Welsh
    Ireland
    German
    French
    Dutch
    Etc

I play more people from Germany and France than I do from England.

Wales, Ireland and Scotland are near you hardly unplayable. Playing gamers from Italy, France and germany, Spain i can understand.

My connection isn't very good against Scottish players either.

Thats not EA fault. The problem is the weekend league servers are only in Germany, which makes it unplayable. Ideally, if you have a very good connection and awesome team, you may get by.

Germans, Austrians and French-Dutch are closer so they will dominate tackles and team pressing..
  • Bhoyceltic
    60 posts Park Captain
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Wish this was possible. I want to limit matchmaking to Eastern and Central US.

I don't want to play West Coast nor Latin American players. Just terrible connection and usually goes in their favor. Plus 99.5% of them players watch every single replay and either sushh/calm down celebration.

• bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Connections advantages

^^^^ because of this. You UK guys are thinking you're the only ones to suffer. Trust me, it is as bad for us here in Austria, Switzerland and Germany.

There isn't an "advantage" for us. We have the worst games possible against UK, East-, South-, North- and West-Europe.

We suffer just as bad as any other country/region here in Europe.

The only time we get playable games is at extreme odd hours on work days - if we're lucky.
  • Boysie91
    bberger wrote: »
    Connections advantages

^^^^ because of this. You UK guys are thinking you're the only ones to suffer. Trust me, it is as bad for us here in Austria, Switzerland and Germany.

There isn't an "advantage" for us. We have the worst games possible against UK, East-, South-, North- and West-Europe.

The only time we get playable games is at extreme odd hours on work days - if we're lucky.

Germany 100% get the advantage they are the worse ones...
  • Berlus
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Connections advantages

Not really. I am from Germany and the gameplay is disgusting.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13714 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm Scottish, live in Scotland. I only ever struggle against Germans & Dutch players. It's so obvious they have a connection advantage..... I can tell as soon as I K.O

They also play like utter **** too
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 11
    You all shut up - I live closer to the freakin North Pole than I do to Germany.

9/10 teams I meet are named with the Cyrillic alphabet, Russians from deep in the Ural Mountains. The lag is so bad that despite playing the game every day since release, I’m still in the middle of my sixteenth game, waiting for my RW to cross the ball.

Edit: Never mind, he just ran it over the line.
  • Boysie91
    Berlus wrote: »
    Connections advantages

Imagine how bad it is for us than if a lot of us agrees Germany get the advantage lol
  • BorussenBernie09
    1564 posts Play-Off Hero
    Connections advantages

Imagine how bad it is for us than if a lot of us agrees Germany get the advantage lol

So how comes, that i live in Germany, pretty close to Frankfurt (like 80 km) and I'm very often routed over Netherlands or France.

It simply doesn't matter where you live, because you're not automatically routed over the Serverfarm next to where you live.

Check traceroute mate...
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Connections advantages

So how comes, that i live in Germany, pretty close to Frankfurt (like 80 km) and I'm very often routed over Netherlands or France.

It simply doesn't matter where you live, because you're not automatically routed over the Serverfarm next to where you live.

Check traceroute mate...

You may want to check again. Half of those foreign IPs are in the US.. at least for me.. Seattle and California stood out, not even East coast. 1 of those IPs is owned by Microsoft, 4 or 5 are Amazon and 2 or 3 were EA

For context: I live on the other side of the world in Austria. Middle of Europe.. lol
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5874 posts Big Money Move
    I live in Oklahoma, that is a state in southern middle part of the USA, directly above Texas. I played someone from Argentina last week. That is at minimum 5000 miles away from my house.
  • Kove
    4112 posts National Call-Up
    This thread should win awards...
  • Poolstu123
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Racist

Rich coming from a west ham fan 😂

Haha, yeah Dicanio has never done anything remotely racist.

xaqt6g.jpg[\img]

Technically not racist. Just saying lol
  • mr_flibble
    338 posts Sunday League Hero
    I live in England and notice no trend in terms of player location and connection. Sometimes I play people who are most likely in the same city (can make an educated guess by team name and gamertag) and the connection is crap but other times I play people based other side of Europe and the connection is perfect.
  • adoe546
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just think about the distances in Australia, Asia, North and South America. They are far worse, even within countries.

Does some actually have a legit list of where EA has the servers? I just don't believe the only servers in Western Europe are in Germany. Not with how easy it is to spin up new servers with AWS, Azure an GCP. They should have several within all countries the game is officially released.
  • Boysie91
    Tommygunn wrote: »

I’m intrigued as to where in England you are. You’ve got a Man U badge so could literally be anywhere, but let’s just say that you live in the shadows of old Trafford. You’re about 120 miles to Scotland yet you’re 320 miles from Cornwall. So why wouldn’t you want to play Scottish people? I can’t help but feel you’ve had your little bum handed to you and you’ve had a wee temper tantrum. Go tell mummy she’ll kiss it all better

I live south and I have said this for the past 2 fifas and the only people who like your post are the ones who think I am being racist 😂
  • Anarki301
    323 posts Sunday League Hero

Than we should all push for some changes in this department, if everybody suffers from this problems, than any change would be welcome, if they can make it better, excellent, if nothing changes than it would be like it is now, but at least we tried to do something about it. I don't see any significant downside to EA changing the matchmaking, what server or servers are we connecting, or what ever the **** it is.
  • Skywalker XVII
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How do you see where your opponent comes from?
  • Hibee
    12244 posts Has That Special Something
    Damn, Brexit is really making its mark on some :D
  • truegunn3r
    9085 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 12
    Maybe you should remove that Union Jack from your persona and replace it with St George’s Flag
  • bobby2
    adoe546 wrote: »
    Just think about the distances in Australia, Asia, North and South America. They are far worse, even within countries.

Does some actually have a legit list of where EA has the servers? I just don't believe the only servers in Western Europe are in Germany. Not with how easy it is to spin up new servers with AWS, Azure an GCP. They should have several within all countries the game is officially released.

EA is removing servers on other games. If you played BFV- Battlefield you know the northern Europe servers in Ireland and the UK were removed.

You can now only find games on German servers now. You even see the German flag on all servers. Tons of complaints it happened on their official forums. The servers have a lot of input delay.
  • Boysie91
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    Maybe you should remove that Union Jack from your persona and replace it with St George’s Flag

You must be a terrorist as you have guns in your picture 🤔
  • Scaenor
    670 posts Semi-Pro
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    There should be a system in place, so when you log in to Fifa you get an option to choose the server closest to you and with the best conection at that given time.

Dream world i know...

Apex legends has it so 🤣 🤷‍♀️ eaids
  • bobby2
    I honestly don't get this game at all personally.

I never experienced a game where connection is different day to day.

Some days you players are super fast, making runs, linking up perfectly.

Next day, the barely move can pass, your backline falls apart.

There something fundementally wrong when connection feels off.
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero

I’m intrigued as to where in England you are. You’ve got a Man U badge so could literally be anywhere, but let’s just say that you live in the shadows of old Trafford. You’re about 120 miles to Scotland yet you’re 320 miles from Cornwall. So why wouldn’t you want to play Scottish people? I can’t help but feel you’ve had your little bum handed to you and you’ve had a wee temper tantrum. Go tell mummy she’ll kiss it all better

Really triggers me when people call United, Man U. 😂😂
  • madwullie
    5077 posts Big Money Move
    BossmanDaz wrote: »
    I’d rather wait a bit longer and play local players too.

Also, less Scottish people means less scum to play against

Idiot

Edit: if I get grief for saying so then so be it, factual.

Good to see this bellend got banned
  • Hibee
    12244 posts Has That Special Something
    MUFC_420 wrote: »

Really triggers me when people call United, Man U. 😂😂

I’m curious why. Most people I know call them Man U. There are way to many Uniteds to call them just that and the full name is a bit of a mouthful.