Zlatan appreciation thread

Comments

• Delboy13710
    5098 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »
    The time has come. Bit the bullet at 1.28 mil

Screenshot-20190517-192237.png

Any reason for shadow chem style ? just drafted him back in on 7 chem have engine at the moment
  • RayS
    26738 posts Player of the Year

Any reason for shadow chem style ? just drafted him back in on 7 chem have engine at the moment

TOTS Zlatan is one of those cards that has such high technical attributes that there's not much left to boost besides pace (granted his agility and balance could use some help). So far it's been nice having a near max pace Zlatan. He doesn't feel as fast as the boosts would suggest, but the pace boost is really nice.
  • bberger
    5174 posts Big Money Move

TOTS Zlatan is one of those cards that has such high technical attributes that there's not much left to boost besides pace (granted his agility and balance could use some help). So far it's been nice having a near max pace Zlatan. He doesn't feel as fast as the boosts would suggest, but the pace boost is really nice.

You could always try Engine on him. Agility and dribbling go a far way concerning that 'pace feeling'.

I however somehow can't bring myself to apply anything other than Basic chem at the moment.

That +5 in Sprint Speed, Agility and Jumping somehow makes me not want to compromise on any of those categories..
  • Dth83
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think the boost in acceleration is more important than sprint speed.
  • Boysie91
    8870 posts League Winner
    100% Shadow. I play him get in behind and stay forward lol
  • bberger
    Dth83 wrote: »
    I think the boost in acceleration is more important than sprint speed.

Yeah.. I'm torn that one.. he surprisingly has a very quick getaway for me.. Usually I'd agree 100% with you, but I'm afraid he might lose the thread he is on corners with less agility and jumping :/

I'll give it a go after WL..
  • xCDHx
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    What’s up with the price of Zlatan. I was going to buy him, but he seems to be increasing not dropping :(
  • RayS
    Zlatan with a 10.0 game rating and hattrick to seal G2 for me... Whew that was intense

28 goals and 9 assists in 28 WL games (I didn't have him until my 3rd WL game)
  • RayS
    Do I quicksell Vieira for tripping Zlatan?

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-5.gif
  • bberger
    edited May 28
    Do I quicksell Vieira for tripping Zlatan?

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-5.gif

1) yes, Vieira should get punished for hacking down a god.

2) after I re-applied Basic chem style to my TOTS Zlatan he elevated to a different plane of existence. I had around 63 games with Shadow or Catalyst on him (the first 7 were on Basic) and he managed 71 goals in 70 apps in that period.

Zlatan now has 88 apps and 119 goals since the switch back to Basic. That's a mere 48 goals in 18 apps. He is un... ....stopp.... ....able.

I'm guessing this is why:
    * That 92 sprint speed is enough to break away against slower defenders whilst the slower speed helps a ton on controlling the ball on the run and making a move before it's too late.
    * 99 curve helps a lot on those bended longshots and finesses
    * 99 volleys make sure he doesn't miss one. Period.
    * +5 jumping on his 6'5" frame juuust puts him in position to contend with the VVDs of this world on corners
    * that 93 agility and 99 dribbling bump seems to put him over some threshold. Going around defenders with a skillmove is a breeze now and he started to do those overhead, bicycle and scorpion kicks again.
    * I also suspect that the slight bump in vision and passing help him on 1-2s and creating space on a through ball.
  • Soccrraim29
    742 posts Professional
    Which chemstyle on ibra Fb as striker ????
  • RayS

For his FB I always liked Marksman at striker. Makes him almost unbeatable in the air as well as giving him a bit of agility and bringing his dribbling near max. And of course nearly maxing every singl shooting star
  • RayS
    Haven't had a Zlatan GIF in a little while.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Dth83
    Nice goal mate.
    What kind of flick up is that last one?
  • RayS
    Nice goal mate.
    What kind of flick up is that last one?

@Dth83 it's just the ball roll flick. ball roll and then R3
  • jstracci
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    is this the corner goal thread?

basically 97% of his goals.

Lol

• Lackosweat
    5992 posts Big Money Move
    Long time no see ! The King is still going strong. Simply too strong and too fast for those pathetic mortals. His scoop turns are broken.
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

• Dutch007
    2892 posts Fans' Favourite
    FB Zlatan carried me to Gold3👊🏼
  • Dth83
    @RayS @Lackosweat
    How do you create these nice gifs?
  • bberger
    Mine is still going strong too. He hit the 200 goal mark this weekend in about 152 games. His ability to provide that one magic moment is incredible.
  • Hulkmodus
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just can't get rid of him. I only switch out my 2nd striker besides him to have some variety in my games. But he is always delivering
  • RayS
    @RayS @Lackosweat

This is how I do it
    -go to ezgif.com
    -go to "video to GIF"
    -upload video (needs to be pretty short)
    -you can choose to crop the video size or increase or decrease frame rates
    -convert to GIF and save
    -next upload your saved GIF to postimages.org
    -select "copy direct link"
    -paste here between the [ img ] brackets
  • Dth83
    @RayS @Lackosweat

This is how I do it
    -go to ezgif.com
    -go to "video to GIF"
    -upload video (needs to be pretty short)
    -you can choose to crop the video size or increase or decrease frame rates
    -convert to GIF and save
    -next upload your saved GIF to postimages.org
    -select "copy direct link"
    -paste here between the [ img ] brackets

Thanks. 👍👍
  • RayS
    @Lackosweat what chem style u use for Zlatan? He seems to have an extra burst of acceleration from the 1st and 3rd clips u just shared
  • Lackosweat
    5992 posts Big Money Move
    @Lackosweat what chem style u use for Zlatan? He seems to have an extra burst of acceleration from the 1st and 3rd clips u just shared

Engine.
    The running fake shot gives him a pace boost as well
  • yodj_96
    3 posts Ball Boy
    FB Zlatan is an absolute god...play him on 8 chem with scream Forsberg (awful for me) and he's insane...single-handedly carries my team. Play him in a two-striker formation with TOTS Reus. The two play incredible together with their high passing and high shooting stats.
  • win123vn
    513 posts An Exciting Prospect

For his FB I always liked Marksman at striker. Makes him almost unbeatable in the air as well as giving him a bit of agility and bringing his dribbling near max. And of course nearly maxing every singl shooting star

What is your instruction? I hear that people will set targetman if using marksman.
  • Soccrraim29
    742 posts Professional
    Which chemstyle on ibra ? 8 chem
  • RayS
    win123vn wrote: »

What is your instruction? I hear that people will set targetman if using marksman.

Yep. Hes possibly the best player to use Target Man instructions on. Play the ball to him early and often and use his massive strength to hold up and link up player. He still gets plenty of goals too
  • RayS
    Which chemstyle on ibra ? 8 chem

FB or TOTS?