OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

  • P
    7489 posts League Winner
    edited June 6
    The trailers for it looked awful

    Yeah I expected the reviews to be bad. For everyone to say it's the worst X-Men movie is crazy tho.
    Also, Swamp Thing already cancelled

    Thats just as crazy. It must be awful to get cancelled after 1 episode aired.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31363 posts National Team Captain
    P wrote: »
    The trailers for it looked awful

    Yeah I expected the reviews to be bad. For everyone to say it's the worst X-Men movie is crazy tho.
    Also, Swamp Thing already cancelled

    Thats just as crazy. It must be awful to get cancelled after 1 episode aired.

    I didn’t have much of an interest to watch it, but from everything I’ve heard, the reviews are very positive. I’d think they’d let the first season finish airing.
  • Argie8
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    The trailers for it looked awful

    Agree. I'm still bummed though. I love the X-Men films for the most part
    Also, Swamp Thing already cancelled

    Weird that. It got decent reviews
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31363 posts National Team Captain
    So Swamp Thing will continue to air, but instead of 13 episodes, it’ll be 10. But no second season
  • Low Ki
    11726 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 6
  • P
    7489 posts League Winner
    Wow that's ridiculous. What a fail.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31363 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »

    Ey I live in NC.

    So was it an error by the state or the studios? Sounds like someone was fired ha. That’s a pretty massive ****
  • Low Ki
    11726 posts Has That Special Something
    Looks like its 100% on WB:
    D8aBI5kXUAAQHOB?format=png&name=900x900
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31363 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Looks like its 100% on WB:
    D8aBI5kXUAAQHOB?format=png&name=900x900

    Yeah someone from WB was fired
  • Low Ki
    11726 posts Has That Special Something
    IT'S THE END OF AN ERA for the X-Men with Dark Phoenix, the final film in the series that began in 2000. Little is known about Kevin Feige's plans for incorporating the mutants into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but to tide you over, we've unearthed a never-reported piece of X-Men movie history.

    In 2010, according to our secret sources, Fox considered building toward a crossover movie that would have pitted the X-Men against the Fantastic Four (think of it as a Civil War for the Fox/Marvel characters). The studio enlisted First Class screenwriters Ashley Edward Miller and Zack Stentz to pen the script, which saw Johnny Storm go nova while trying to apprehend the villain Molecule Man. Johnny blows a hole in Manhattan and sparks the superhero registration act in response to the carnage.

    The heroes are split on opposing sides, and among the key matchups was a Wolverine vs. Mr. Fantastic battle that ended with Reed Richards pinning Wolverine down, extending his hands until they're one molecule wide, and using them as scissors to cut the mutant's arms off (!!!). Eventually the heroes make peace … leading to a post-credits scene that teases what's next: A Skrulll invasion.

    Bourne filmmaker Paul Greengrass was flirting with directing. Ultimately it never came to fruition; First Class ended up being a hit and Fox decided to keep the status quo, making 2014's Days of Future Past instead.

    The Fox Civil War movie was not the only crossover the studio considered. It also commissioned a treatment from superstar comics writer Warren Ellis for a different X-Men vs. Fantastic Four movie.

    This sounds even worse than Trank's FF movie.
  • Apollo
    13172 posts Has That Special Something
  • Apollo
    13172 posts Has That Special Something

    Tune in for the world premiere of Marvel’s Avengers and get your first look at a universe gamers will play in for years to come.

    @XxRichiexRichxX That sounds promising :blush:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31363 posts National Team Captain
    giphy.gif
  • Low Ki
    11726 posts Has That Special Something
    Oh God it sounds like an MMO.

    I was hoping for an RPG/action hybrid with a 50-90hr campaign like Final Fantasy.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31363 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Oh God it sounds like an MMO.

    I was hoping for an RPG/action hybrid with a 50-90hr campaign like Final Fantasy.

    It's definitely a big co-op campaign... I never got the MMO sense imo. They mentioned several times that it's their interpretation of the story and that you and friends would be able to complete the campaign together.
  • Apollo
    13172 posts Has That Special Something
    Just watched the trailer. I think the game itself looks really promising from what they've shown, but I'm very disappointed with the graphics. I thought it would look a lot better than that.

    Still hyped for the game itself though!
  • Low Ki
    11726 posts Has That Special Something
    Cap looks like hes wearing barrel.

    The way they are talking about it doesn’t sound very exciting. I wish it was like Spider-Man.
  • Apollo
    13172 posts Has That Special Something
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Cap looks like hes wearing barrel.

    The way they are talking about it doesn’t sound very exciting. I wish it was like Spider-Man.

    I completely agree. That is literally one of my favourite games ever, I thought we'd at least get something similar aesthetically. I quite like the look of the storyline like I say, it's just the graphics that are disappointing me at the moment.
  • McRaven
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    These Marvel Netflix series are always just three or four episodes too long. Watching the new Jessica Jones season now and it kinda lost me around episode 8-9. Remember feeling the same way with the others where the plot just kinda drags on and there's like an extra subplot introduced at the last second.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31363 posts National Team Captain
    McRaven wrote: »
    These Marvel Netflix series are always just three or four episodes too long. Watching the new Jessica Jones season now and it kinda lost me around episode 8-9. Remember feeling the same way with the others where the plot just kinda drags on and there's like an extra subplot introduced at the last second.

    I’ll check it out this week. I’ve very much enjoyed Jessica Jones in the previous seasons.
  • McRaven
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    McRaven wrote: »
    These Marvel Netflix series are always just three or four episodes too long. Watching the new Jessica Jones season now and it kinda lost me around episode 8-9. Remember feeling the same way with the others where the plot just kinda drags on and there's like an extra subplot introduced at the last second.

    I’ll check it out this week. I’ve very much enjoyed Jessica Jones in the previous seasons.

    I finished it. It was decent enough. Nothing groundbreaking, but a nice watch!

    I really like Krysten Ritter in the role. Shame not a lot of the supporting cast generates the same interest. I realized the supporting cast gets a lot of time in the spotlight and some plotlines they have that are not directly attached to the main storyline are really boring.
  • krakos000
    17419 posts World Class
    @hoban95 finished up my Marvel themed half sleeve....for now. After doing the last little touches today we thought about doing some text boxes above rocket and groot that say "Blam, murdered you" for rocket and obviously "I am groot" making it look more like a comic panel on my arm

    P0ED70C.jpg
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31363 posts National Team Captain
    krakos000 wrote: »
    @hoban95 finished up my Marvel themed half sleeve....for now. After doing the last little touches today we thought about doing some text boxes above rocket and groot that say "Blam, murdered you" for rocket and obviously "I am groot" making it look more like a comic panel on my arm

    P0ED70C.jpg

    :heart:
  • krakos000
    17419 posts World Class
    krakos000 wrote: »
    @hoban95 finished up my Marvel themed half sleeve....for now. After doing the last little touches today we thought about doing some text boxes above rocket and groot that say "Blam, murdered you" for rocket and obviously "I am groot" making it look more like a comic panel on my arm

    P0ED70C.jpg

    :heart:

    :*
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Oh wow that looks superb
  • EA_Rtas
    1005 posts EA Moderator
    Thats some seriously well done ink, your artist is class
  • P
    7489 posts League Winner
    That's sick. I actually have a mate with a full marvel sleeve. He got his done pre MCU tho so it's all based on comics. His favourite marvel character is juggernaut so he features pretty prominently. Venom n spidey and a bunch of xmen feature as well, off the top of my head.
  • krakos000
    17419 posts World Class
    @hoban95 @EA_Rtas
    P wrote: »
    That's sick. I actually have a mate with a full marvel sleeve. He got his done pre MCU tho so it's all based on comics. His favourite marvel character is juggernaut so he features pretty prominently. Venom n spidey and a bunch of xmen feature as well, off the top of my head.

    Thanks guys!!! It really helps that my artist is a huge Marvel nerd as well so I pretty much told him I wanted a half sleeve with "groot on rockets shoulder(mirroring the first movie), spiderman, and the cover of the infinity gauntlet comic but just thanos and the gauntlet" and gave him full freedom for it all. Obviously the comic cover needed to be exact/accurate but he drew up Spidey, Rocket and groot himself and used some old Rocket comics as inspiration like when hes in the nova Corp. My artist loves when people give him freedom like that because at the end of the day they are ARTISTS so he loves creating his own version of things.

    I wanna take a close up of the infinity gauntlet part so you can really see the detail
  • Apollo
    13172 posts Has That Special Something
    Last push to take top spot from Avatar
Sign In or Register to comment.