• DougInskip
    6287 posts League Winner
    Bump
  • lukey200
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    bloody rubbish - not worth anywhere near the coin
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m generally disappointed in TOTS De Jong. But only played a couple of games so still need to see more
  • Foxsake
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    Both average cards way over priced
  • Daveangel
    78 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    De jong not good
  • Ftl
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    De jong did not make a great impact at all. Switching back to tots goretzka
  • Invincibility
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    My previous review:

TOTS Frenkie de Jong:
    Really hyped for this card so I just bought him after SB rewards and played him CDM.. Damn he was so bad for me! He's nowhere near TOTS Goretzka.. His card feels pacey and agile but that's it! Positioning all wrong as CDM and he didn't do a great job at defending.. Only good thing was his build up play from the back and even TOTS Wijnaldum performed better for me.. Instalisted him after the 7 games played this card is NOT worth 600K!
  • Pikandel
    1064 posts Professional
    De Ligt is just a brick wall.

You need to get used to De Jong, used his FS for 500+ games and his TOTS for 20 games now and I didn’t like him at first, but after a while you understand his strengths and weaknesses.
  • RvN008
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pikandel wrote: »

You need to get used to De Jong, used his FS for 500+ games and his TOTS for 20 games now and I didn’t like him at first, but after a while you understand his strengths and weaknesses.

Same. 400K for De Jong and although he seems to never really make the difference, he always plays good enough to keep his place in the team. Fast, agile, decent shooting etc.

Comparing him to Goretzka isnt fair, Goretzka has way more presence on the pitch and is a lot taller. If you like De Jong IRL you'll like his TOTS cause he's fun, but if you look for the one of the best midfielders in game you really need to look at other options.

De Ligt needs no explaining, one of the best CB in game.
  • Pikandel
    1064 posts Professional
    RvN008 wrote: »
    Pikandel wrote: »

Same. 400K for De Jong and although he seems to never really make the difference, he always plays good enough to keep his place in the team. Fast, agile, decent shooting etc.

Comparing him to Goretzka isnt fair, Goretzka has way more presence on the pitch and is a lot taller. If you like De Jong IRL you'll like his TOTS cause he's fun, but if you look for the one of the best midfielders in game you really need to look at other options.

De Ligt needs no explaining, one of the best CB in game.

He’s just really balanced. I think Goretzka and De Jong will be a great duo in midfield. Goretzka for the physical and De Jong for the balance and his amazing passing.
  • hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    De Ligt is amazing and anybody who used his FS knows that. Amazing amazing CB. Can't get much better
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13066 posts Has That Special Something
    De Jong shouldn't be played CDM, lacks the height and the defensive stats. CAM is his best position I think. Workrates and weak foot ruin him though imo.
  • yodj_96
    3 posts Ball Boy
    I used his FS card for over 300 games. I would say his dribbling is his most noticeable feature. His passing is great, and defense pretty good as well. His shooting, on the other hand, was awful for me. He feels like he has a 2-star week foot and rarely ever put the ball in the back of the net.