FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Richie827
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2019
    You know what's a disappointment?

1,When you start playing a new FIFA game,you find out some of your favorite players remain their old Starheads and EA won't do anything about it for a entire year.

2,People get upset.Complaining and reporting but no answer from EA for a entire year.

3,Mean time,EA reads people's complains and secretly scans those new faces.However,they decide not to release them right way,they release new faces when new FIFA is announced.A period of time people are desperate to see new scanned faces even though they hate the previous FIFA.Therefore they have no choice but to purchase the new FIFA.
    This whole process takes a entire year.

Comparasion:

How often do players' appearances get updated?

Konami: Usually takes a month if players change their appearances in real life.

Eletronic Arts:Depends.1-5 years.
    I.e. Aguero,Henderson 5 yrs.Lukaku 3 yrs.Hazard 3 yrs.

• Psvlover
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @EA_Andy

The updated faces are looking great, especially Aguero. However I don't get why they didn't update him earlier or at least in one of the patches for FIFA 19.

A grand gesture from EA would be to give us a list of players that will get updated like Aguero, Eriksen and Walker. Then give us on their official side or even on this forum an opportunity to vote on our favorite player(s).

After voting the top 5, 10 or whatever should be coming out in FIFA 19. Then there is (hopefully) still a lot of new faces (updates and new ones) for FIFA 20, but it will be nice for one last career mode or whatever mode everyone is playing.

It would be good press for EA (especially from the starhead community) and as I said it should only be about players who already have a face, so not about generic players. And I’m not asking for all of them. Just the most wanted.

Not releasing the faces gives me the feeling that they’re scared that I (we) aren’t going to buy the new game, but that’s not true. At least not for me.

Having a lot of new faces is one of the reasons to buy the game every year, but if that would be my (our) only reason, we could all wait until November, but (most of us) buy the game when it’s released.

As other have already said, the fact that there are still to many people generic on the big leagues is really bad for such a big company like EA, but that is just how it is. The least they can do is try to give the missing during the season a custom/scan. This applies to new transfers, but also players from the youth academy. This way, by the end of the year the big leagues only need to get updated.

The next thing they need to focus on is the smaller leagues, like the Dutch, Belgium and Portuguese. First they should scan the big teams: Ajax, Anderlecht and Benfica for example. These teams will play in the Champions League or Europa League in most seasons real life (and in career mode). Also having these teams with real faces is extremely important for the gaming experience (at least for us starhead lovers). And there is a bigger change that a player from Ajax makes a transfer to a (big) team of one of the biggest leagues then one from Heracles Almelo or whatever. So that would mean, that no update is needed.

If they could do this: the biggest leagues (almost) complete and then the biggest club from smaller leagues also (almost) complete, the next thing would be to scan all the teams in the smaller leagues.

I know that they aren’t going to do this and of course it’s a lot of work. However it isn’t impossible. EA really should let people who like to moderated let them send starheads for generic and outdated faces. If the player is already scanned, they could go for the moderated face or the scan. The best thing would be to have a couple of moderators. Let them know which teams/players will get scanned during the season. This way the moderators can focus on other player. So players won’t get done double.

Let me end by saying this: I don’t expect that they can do this all for FIFA 20 or even 21, but by the time FIFA 22 comes out, all of the things above are very well possible. Especially when they are releasing new faces during the season.

• Richie827
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thank you for your effort.We will
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    I'm just glad that for the first time in 4 years I can actually use Aguero! Hopefully Hazard is updated too.
  • tomasluisis
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    why is everyone being negative, from what we've seen so far I'm really hopeful
  • airpreezy
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    So true, it looks very good.. we can get angry after maybe gamescom
  • ManzGOTIT
    2729 posts Fans' Favourite
    airpreezy wrote: »
    So true, it looks very good.. we can get angry after maybe gamescom

Agreed
  • ManzGOTIT
    Going back, with Henderson and Aguero being updated I have genuine hope for Hazard, Lukaku etc.

But as we all know... it's the hope that kills :|
  • Quiffed
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    Maybe I’m being too cynical but I would rather they invested in going to a football to scan a new team rather than (presumably) paying Rio Ferdinand’s flights to talk for 10 mins at EA 😆
  • Nickbon
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I guess it's because of many years of being hopeful and then disappointed but we'll see. I just try and keep my standards low, not that it helps usually
  • Psvlover wrote: »
    @EA_Andy
    As other have already said, the fact that there are still to many people generic on the big leagues is really bad for such a big company like EA, but that is just how it is. The least they can do is try to give the missing during the season a custom/scan. This applies to new transfers, but also players from the youth academy. This way, by the end of the year the big leagues only need to get updated.

The next thing they need to focus on is the smaller leagues, like the Dutch, Belgium and Portuguese. First they should scan the big teams: Ajax, Anderlecht and Benfica for example. These teams will play in the Champions League or Europa League in most seasons real life (and in career mode). Also having these teams with real faces is extremely important for the gaming experience (at least for us starhead lovers). And there is a bigger change that a player from Ajax makes a transfer to a (big) team of one of the biggest leagues then one from Heracles Almelo or whatever. So that would mean, that no update is needed.

If they could do this: the biggest leagues (almost) complete and then the biggest club from smaller leagues also (almost) complete, the next thing would be to scan all the teams in the smaller leagues.

I know that they aren’t going to do this and of course it’s a lot of work. However it isn’t impossible. EA really should let people who like to moderated let them send starheads for generic and outdated faces. If the player is already scanned, they could go for the moderated face or the scan. The best thing would be to have a couple of moderators. Let them know which teams/players will get scanned during the season. This way the moderators can focus on other player. So players won’t get done double.

Let me end by saying this: I don’t expect that they can do this all for FIFA 20 or even 21, but by the time FIFA 22 comes out, all of the things above are very well possible. Especially when they are releasing new faces during the season.
    Agree with everything you've said here, and I have picked out a few points here to highlight, because it's spot-on.

On another note similar to this, what do we think about getting national teams scanned? We know that it's been done in the past, but I believe it's a really good way to get an even spread of players scanned (especially if you get it done while they're all in one-place).

The U-20 World Cup or U-21 European Championships would be perfect for this (to get a great spread of youth scans across the leagues) and of course, the Euros/World Cup when they next roll-around in 2020 and 2022.

It sucks to think players like De Jong, Van Der Beek, Neres and Grimaldo won't have their likeness in Fifa until they move to a bigger club (or they give us random customs like Ziyech etc)
  • Tom0307
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The thing with PES is that they're reactive as well, if a player has a breakout season from nowhere and people are clambering for a starhead, PES will probably deliver in the next DLC, whereas Fifa ignores it til next year or not at all, and maybe scans them by coincidence when they happen to scan a team they play for.

Also, has anyone got confirmation that they've rescanned La Liga? Like we always get the Premier League leaks on instagram etc, wondered if any players from La Liga had popped up with a 'being scanned by EA' post yet
  • pamody
    66 posts Park Captain
    I need to know if Messi will get a new scan for fifa20, if not i quit playing fifa games, so disrepectfull
  • TeamExtreme17
    4138 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2019
    Tom0307 wrote: »
    The thing with PES is that they're reactive as well, if a player has a breakout season from nowhere and people are clambering for a starhead, PES will probably deliver in the next DLC, whereas Fifa ignores it til next year or not at all, and maybe scans them by coincidence when they happen to scan a team they play for.

Also, has anyone got confirmation that they've rescanned La Liga? Like we always get the Premier League leaks on instagram etc, wondered if any players from La Liga had popped up with a 'being scanned by EA' post yet

Yeah we NEED starhead DLC over the year, even if thats a few customs every couple of months, ive suggested this in my OP. If PES can do it, so can Fifa..

So far only Vinicius Jr, but we dont know if its part of a La Liga re-scan or a Real Madrid re-scan, or just a custom..
  • lapich29
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you think players like ramires or mbokani will get their starheads back in fifa 20?
  • efcrmcf
    88 posts Park Captain
    lapich29 wrote: »
    Do you think players like ramires or mbokani will get their starheads back in fifa 20?

If not, it would be weird...

FAURLÍN, ALEJANDRO
    BRUNO, GIANNI
    ROBINHO
    MBOKANI, DIEUMERCI
    LUALUA, KAZENGA
    GABER, OMAR
    CAPEL, DIEGO
    DZSUDZSÁK, BALÁZS
    TAYLOR, RYAN
    ALLASSANI, REISE
    IRELAND, STEPHEN
    NOCERINO, ANTONIO
    ZAMBRANO, CARLOS
    RODRÍGUEZ, CRISTIAN
    VARELA, GUILLERMO
    BASSONG, SEBASTIEN
    PAREDES, JUAN CARLOS
    MOVSISYAN, YURA
    HENRY, KARL
    MAVRIAS, CHARIS
    ELBOUZEDI, ZACHARY
    KEAN, JAKE
    FLAMINI, MATHIEU
    TASCI, SERDAR
    KIRCHHOFF, JAN
    WESCLEY
    DIEKMEIER, DENNIS
    COLLINS, JAMES
    RODRÍGUEZ, MAXI
    SISSOKO, MOHAMED
    ILICEVIC, IVO
    OBERTAN, GABRIEL
    MUNTARI, SULLEY
    SCOTT, KYLE
    RAMIRES
    TAARABT, ADEL
    GUERRERO, PAOLO
  • efcrmcf
    88 posts Park Captain
    And they should try not to lost more starheads in future FIFAs...
  • jul1anr1k
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2019
    Glad to see Bernardo and Ederson finally getting scans. Their customs in FIFA 19 are terrible. Happy to see Aguero, Silva and Walker updated as well. About time. Still, not enough to make me buy the game this year, though. I'll wait for next gen and a new engine.
  • mickjacobjr
    1433 posts Professional
    jul1anr1k wrote: »
    Glad to see Bernardo and Ederson finally getting scans. Their customs in FIFA 19 are terrible. Happy to see Aguero, Silva and Walker updated as well. About time. Still, not enough to make me buy the game this year, though. I'll wait for next gen and a new engine.

Is it confirmed about Bernardo and Ederson thou I agree awful customs
  • Krrypt0n
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bernando and Ederson awful customs? =)) LOL, sure mate, you dont understand nothing about faces.
  • TeamExtreme17
    So yeah, the PES 2020 E3 trailer is out and you can be REAL managers in Career Mode (Master League)

I created a thread in the Off-Topic section so this thread doesnt go too OT..

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/484809/pes-2020-e3
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional
    edited June 2019
    Krrypt0n wrote: »
    Bernando and Ederson awful customs? =)) LOL, sure mate, you dont understand nothing about faces.

A bad face dont make the player more useable for me neither. 3 of the best City players were still not scanned... how bad is it for a team that get visited every year, a team whos won the championship twice in a row, a team from a league that got a long term scanning deal with EA. How can you get any hope when you see this or even be satisfied?

Sure is better than poop generic but you dont understand a thing about authenticity then. Id rather want them to spend their resources on adding some other scans theyre holding than making some meh customs. Im still laughing at that WC 18 Salah lol.
    Post edited by Jeyj38 on
  • ManzGOTIT
    Jeyj38 wrote: »
    Krrypt0n wrote: »

A bad face dont make the player more useable for me neither. 3 of the best City players were still not scanned... how bad is it for a team that get visited every year, a team whos won the championship twice in a row, a team from a league that got a long term scanning deal with EA. How can you get any hope when you see this or even being satisfied?

Sure is better than poop generic but you dont understand a thing about authenticity then. Id rather want them to spend their resources on adding some other scans theyre holding than making some meh customs. Im still laughing at that WC 18 Salah lol.
    So terrible lol
  • TeamExtreme17
    pamody wrote: »
    I need to know if Messi will get a new scan for fifa20, if not i quit playing fifa games, so disrepectfull

He's PES 2020 coverstar.
  • AndyApple
    55 posts Park Captain
    Don’t know how the timing works but thought about gunnarson at Cardiff. His scan was in the World Cup game. Does this mean maybe the EFL was scanned?
  • Abdoabdo_66
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park

He's PES 2020 coverstar.

It doesn’t matter, they can scan him under la liga scan or at least give him a decent custom, his face right now sucks
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional
    edited June 2019
    AndyApple wrote: »
    Don’t know how the timing works but thought about gunnarson at Cardiff. His scan was in the World Cup game. Does this mean maybe the EFL was scanned?

I guess they've scanned promoted teams at the end of the season and put him in the game straight away for the Iceland guys. It just proves it doesnt take 5 years to process a scan in the game (hello aguerooo).
  • TeamExtreme17

He's PES 2020 coverstar.

It doesn’t matter, they can scan him under la liga scan or at least give him a decent custom, his face right now sucks

It stops them scanning them, because Konami's exclusive Barcelona license was brought in before EA's La Liga license. But what they CAN do is make custom faces for Barca players, but they wont go from Scan to Custom for players as that will be a downgrade in quality.. But they absolutely CAN at least make custom faces for the generic players from Barca like Arthur, as Konami still made custom faces for Aguero even though EA had the Man City AND Premier League licenses, because player likenesses actually come under the FifPro license, which you can see in small print at the start of Fifa games. Konami just wouldnt be able to scan Man City. But their custom faces are of such a high quality scanning isnt needed..

This is why EA are lazy, because they absolutely CAN give Serie A players for example custom faces. But EA are persistant on scans so 99% of the time its either scan a whole licensed team or leave them generic, even though that team may have a quality player deserved of at least a custom face!! Which is why we need hundreds of custom faces creating and there is absolutely nothing stopping them but lazyness!!
  • RollsReus
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can EA resculpture Messi's scan or is that not possible?

Would people prefer a custom current Messi over his current scan?
  • ManzGOTIT
    Licensing is a hell