The Red Devils 19/20 - The Rebuild

Comments

• Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    edited June 3
    ew8pMBy.png
    nZgqq8c.png

The five goal thriller was a very entertaining game and an own goal from Vertonghen was the decider after a ball headed from Bailly deflected off the Belgian to fall in his own net. The drama did not end there however, former Spurs defender Toby Alderweireld received a straight red card for a dangerous challenge in the box at the hour mark, Kane stepped up to take the penalty and just missed the target and their chance back in the game. United held on well as they close down City who once again dropped points at home.

@WestardLord since Martial has exited the club you can continue to gain points in the player sponsoring with one of the 3 new signings, Rebic, Grealish and a mystery CDM starter that will be revealed in the next update, Martial's points will be added on to this, if you don't pick one of the 3 I'll just leave it on Martial for the remainder of the season
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    Very impressive win over City in the FA cup. United are now the favorites with City and Liverpool gone.

Just as impressive in the transfers, strange to see United making a profit! I like the Matic for Grealish swap. Grealish is younger, quicker and more attack minded. Matic sticking around wouldn't fit with the younger United squad.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fantastic coming from behind twice to pick up a massive win. How many points are you off City with their recent results?
  • ElMarcos
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good signings, great results. The road to FA Cup success is open!
  • DB1512
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great win over Spurs! How did the midfield with Lingard, McTominay and Fernandes work out? Also wonder what Grealish can add to the squad, already a lot of (attacking) central midfielders so he will have a hard time.
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    edited June 9
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Very impressive win over City in the FA cup. United are now the favorites with City and Liverpool gone.
    Just as impressive in the transfers, strange to see United making a profit! I like the Matic for Grealish swap. Grealish is younger, quicker and more attack minded. Matic sticking around wouldn't fit with the younger United squad.
    Yep we are indeed, Walsall is our next game too so shouldn't be a problem. Profit so far but we are looking to bring one more player in to directly replace Matic, I don't see Grealish as that and in a 3 man midfield, Fernandes is attacking, Neves is more box to box, we need a defensive side to it and Grealish isn't that.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Fantastic coming from behind twice to pick up a massive win. How many points are you off City with their recent results?
    8 points off and we have a game in hand so potentially 5 points off and we still need to play each other at Old Trafford around March, a win there and we are 2 points off so any little mistake is costly at this point, I'm about to post the table as we reach the end of January though.
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    edited June 9
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Good signings, great results. The road to FA Cup success is open!
    Yes let's see how far we can get I want to win this cup!
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Great win over Spurs! How did the midfield with Lingard, McTominay and Fernandes work out? Also wonder what Grealish can add to the squad, already a lot of (attacking) central midfielders so he will have a hard time.
    It worked out alright, McTominay really does step up when asked and is very solid in his position, covers a lot of ground, Fernandes just does his thing, our best player. Lingard kind of disappears at times but provide a lot of energy in midfield, think I prefer him on the wing
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    iT6TfwB.png

Manchester United go all out splashing £70m on Brazil international Marquinhos from PSG. It's understood that the player is coming in to play central defensive midfield rather than centre-back as he did for a chunk of last season at PSG and flourished. It's a big move and the manager commented on the transfer, "It came about really quickly really, we were looking for a younger more agile aggressive defensive midfielder and he fit the bill, we wasn't sure if we could lure him to the club but we tried and here we are, I think he could be the difference in us winning the title this year if all goes to plan".

Smalling exits the club after being very frustrated with his playing time, even Tuanzebe being ahead of him in the pecking order so a move to Watford for £14m was granted where he is expected to start week in week out.

Mauricio Pochettino complain about Spurs ambition well it seems Levy has stepped up and delivered with the purchase of the former Ballon D'or winner Luka Modric for £52.2m, Modric returns to his old club as they look to close the big gap on the top 4 spots or try win the Europa League. Modric will add a lot to the team in where they lack in midfield, can he be the change they need?
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    4aNHzDR.png
    zcqdauj.png

A straight forward win for United as they continue their winning run in 2020, Marquinhos made his debut and it does indeed look like Ole wants to play him in that Matic role at CDM. Bruno Fernandes just continues to be the main man in this United side with another two goals to his tally, the signing of the season looks a lock.

It was a month of draws for City as they earn 4 points from a possible 16 and have potentially allowed their rivals Man Utd back in the title race with them having 2 games in hand and could well be 1 point off City if they win both games.
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    viGKWVn.png
    pirgrSm.png

*R = Replay result

A giant killing has happened in the FA Cup and this is why we love this competition, Walsall travelled to the theatre of dreams Old Trafford and put on the performance of their lives to get the victory, but it was the goalkeeper Liam Roberts that earnt MOTM with an incredible game saving a total of 10 shots on target. Once again Man Utd go out to a 'smaller' opposition in a cup, the fans won't be happy.
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    edited June 9
    dydRCex.png
    - Top 10 non Man Utd related transfers of the winter window
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    X6bq5r3.png
    1D0PHx5.png
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    Marquinhos is a great fit for defensive midfield. The rebuild is close to being complete in my opinion. Just need to give players time to develop together.

Shocking Walsall result. I know the squad was rotated but you still expect a win.
  • sviraman
    61 posts Park Captain
    Those small teams can be tricky, they sure do give everything against superior opposition.

Also, I just love your graphics, so slick. *cheeky nandos emoji*
  • WestardLord
    1396 posts Professional
    Marquinos is a smart move and can only make the squad better. Perhaps it's what the team needs to push for the title?

Meanwhile, my man Martial not doing so hot lol
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Should not be losing to Walsall at Old Trafford regardless of the team put out should have been a comfortable win and the team must now react and go on a strong run both in the league and in Europe
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    A case of extremes with those last two FA Cup results. Too bad, because Manchester United looked to be the favorite after that win over city. League title looks to be a possibility now. How much can Modric help the Spurs at this point? Guess we'll see.
    Think Martial is gone. Won't be earning any more points for Manchester United.

• WestardLord
    1396 posts Professional
    edited June 10
    Well clearly I missed something, lol

@Ashy I'll go with Graelish if it's not too late
  • ElMarcos
    Losing in the FA cup to wallsall waa not something I anticipated happening. The PL title seems quite realistic at the moment. Let’s see where you can take this team.
  • WestardLord
    1396 posts Professional
    Also been meaning to say I love the graphics. Great use of space in delivering information.
  • DB1512
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    A bit of a surprise to see Marquinhos coming in after Alderweireld already came in the summer, but without doubt they will partner up to be an incredible duo.
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    edited June 18
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Marquinhos is a great fit for defensive midfield. The rebuild is close to being complete in my opinion. Just need to give players time to develop together.
    Shocking Walsall result. I know the squad was rotated but you still expect a win.
    Yep I think the players are standing to gel now, we just need to get a string of wins together to catch City, so far so good right now and Marquinhos could be the cherry on top.
    sviraman wrote: »
    Those small teams can be tricky, they sure do give everything against superior opposition.
    Also, I just love your graphics, so slick. *cheeky nandos emoji*
    Thanks man, the smaller teams can be the most dangerous sometimes
    Marquinos is a smart move and can only make the squad better. Perhaps it's what the team needs to push for the title?
    Well clearly I missed something, lol
    @Ashy I'll go with Graelish if it's not too late
    Also been meaning to say I love the graphics. Great use of space in delivering information.
    I honestly think he will add so much more to the team than Matic, if we avoid any big injuries we can go all the way with City for the title I think. Martial did indeed get sold and you can go with Grealish I'll add the points Martial won with what Grealish is doing no problem and cheers :)
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Should not be losing to Walsall at Old Trafford regardless of the team put out should have been a comfortable win and the team must now react and go on a strong run both in the league and in Europe
    Yep I agree it can only help our PL chances and EL chances with less games but very disappointing to beat City only to lose to Walsall.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    A case of extremes with those last two FA Cup results. Too bad, because Manchester United looked to be the favorite after that win over city. League title looks to be a possibility now. How much can Modric help the Spurs at this point? Guess we'll see.
    Yep we did look the favourites such a shame really. Spurs seem to be picking up some wins now but can they really catch up to the top 4 I wonder.
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Losing in the FA cup to wallsall waa not something I anticipated happening. The PL title seems quite realistic at the moment. Let’s see where you can take this team.
    Shocker indeed, I made some big changes at half time too but it wasn't to be
    DB1512 wrote: »
    A bit of a surprise to see Marquinhos coming in after Alderweireld already came in the summer, but without doubt they will partner up to be an incredible duo.
    Marquinhos will be playing CDM while Alderweireld is CB so they are not competing for the same spot, Lindelof will remain Toby's partner at the back, maybe Marquinhos will drop to defence if one of those get injured.

Sorry I've not updated in a short while I've been away from my PS4 for the past couple of weeks I hope to get an update up tomorrow or Thursday if not definitely Sunday, I'm a month ahead on my save and have the graphics ready just don't have the time to post it just yet, but its coming!
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    5pXWQz7.png
    cKK1Ntk.png

Super subs Rebic and Bailly come on to rescue the game for Man Utd as Leicester City put up an incredible fight to keep it level for most of the game, Ole got his tactics right on the night and Man Utd kick off February with a winning start.

cdEZrpa.png
    y6J8VMm.png

It was a hard fought three points for United away at Norwich with the eventual winning goal coming from an unlikely source that is Luke Shaw, the left back spoke after the game, "It's a big win for us we just have to take it game by game and keep Man City on their toes, I have a feeling we both could push each other far this season in what will be just as good of a title race as it was last season".
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    4tILlnq.png
    1NgCKdl.png

Young Boys were massively underestimated it seems as they smashed four past Man Utd in the first half, Ole setup with the usual weakened Europa League lineup and it backfired badly on the night, he brought on 2 subs at half time to try claw the game back but it wasn't enough, Utd will need to beat them at Old Trafford by at least 3 to qualify.

6z5LbgE.png
    uqdqRXU.png

No Immobile no problem for Man Utd as they get the job done against Burnley, Rashford and Fernandes combine as the Red Devils hit give Premier League wins in a row for the first time this season. Man City continue to stay one step ahead of their rivals with a big win against Chelsea this week.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good league results but the Europa defeat was surprising. Ole will need to come out in attack from the start to try scoring a few in the first half.

It looks like 4321 is the preferred formation. Any plans to change that for a more attacking look against Young Boys?
  • ElMarcos
    Good results in the league. Understimating an opponent is never a good thing. This will be a huge mountain climb in the theater of dreams.