FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    Is it just me or does Havertz look already outdated? What else would you expect when you put 1,5 years old facescans in the game!?

We know EA was in Germany for 6 weeks in winter 17/18 to scan Bundesliga teams and i guess the majority of scans is therefore 1,5 years old.

Havertz for example has changed quite a lot though.

Januar 2018

June 2019
  • Psvlover
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This guy says he’s werking for ea. Don’t know if it’s true, but I’m just going to post it here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fifa19CareerMo1/status/1137650582540443648

and

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fifa19CareerMo1/status/1137650252700368896.

• Kaiduss
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    nyx88 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Havertz look already outdated? What else would you expect when you put 1,5 years old facescans in the game!?

We know EA was in Germany for 6 weeks in winter 17/18 to scan Bundesliga teams and i guess the majority of scans is therefore 1,5 years old.

Havertz for example has changed quite a lot though.

Januar 2018

June 2019

The whole situation is obviously far from ideal but I'm still super glad we're getting Bundesliga at last. I wanted the full scan to be done so bad that after yesterday's news I'm sure I will get the game as soon as it premieres.

• CaptainJack13
    684 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Psvlover wrote: »
    This guy says he’s werking for ea. Don’t know if it’s true, but I’m just going to post it here:

and

His most recent tweet is a retweet of EA's post about the upcoming pitch notes and he says something along the lines of "See this is proof I work for EA because I predicted there would be changes to career mode". He may be right in what he's saying, but he definitely doesn't work for EA 😅
  • Disgruntledas
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Don’t know about everyone else but ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me that trailer was absolutely garbage, wtf was even happening, show some ❤️❤️❤️❤️ gameplay, show your game don’t show random actors 🤔
  • airpreezy
    966 posts Semi-Pro

and

Fake man, don't trust anything this guy said
  • Howler19
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2019
    airpreezy wrote: »

and

I would certainly hope so. Only 200 new faces would be absolutely terrible.
  • Kaiduss
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2019
    Howler19 wrote: »

and

He said 50 new faces for players that were previously generic and 200 updated faces. Fake af anyway, you can't possibly think someone with a Twitter account named "Fifa 20 News" with "-Tips and tricks for fifa 19 career mode" in their bio can work for EA hahaha
  • Howler19
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    Kaiduss wrote: »
    Howler19 wrote: »

and

He said 50 new faces for players that were previously generic and 200 updated faces. Fake af anyway

Still terrible. A decent Bundesliga treatment alone should get us more than that.
  • Nickbon
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm quite sure there has been a full Bundesliga scan, wasn't it largely discussed in last year's starhead thread with the guy's leaks about the updated faces being in the database but not in the game? There were first models of scanned Bundesliga's stadiums too (I think it was the Hamburger SV one), so I'm chill about that.
    The thing is, as some of you was discussing above, that the kept faces are sure an upgrade and a welcome one, but a stupid one as well, being old and "outdated" for other reasons. I think Icardi is one, Lewandowski from one of the latest updates too. We had proof in some trailers that they were scanned and they came just a lot later.
    More, I was deeply disappointed by the LaLiga last year's full scan, since A LOT of players with a face weren't updated (Tello to talk about one with his, I dunno, 2012 face? Awful) and a lot not scanned either (youngsters with potential we use in CM and many more) ending up with a ton of ugly generics.
    So if they come up with this Bundes scan I only hope it will be well and completely done and updated through the year, as I must say they did in FIFA 19 adding a few interesting faces
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    Nickbon wrote: »
    I'm quite sure there has been a full Bundesliga scan, wasn't it largely discussed in last year's starhead thread with the guy's leaks about the updated faces being in the database but not in the game? There were first models of scanned Bundesliga's stadiums too (I think it was the Hamburger SV one), so I'm chill about that.
    The thing is, as some of you was discussing above, that the kept faces are sure an upgrade and a welcome one, but a stupid one as well, being old and "outdated" for other reasons. I think Icardi is one, Lewandowski from one of the latest updates too. We had proof in some trailers that they were scanned and they came just a lot later.
    More, I was deeply disappointed by the LaLiga last year's full scan, since A LOT of players with a face weren't updated (Tello to talk about one with his, I dunno, 2012 face? Awful) and a lot not scanned either (youngsters with potential we use in CM and many more) ending up with a ton of ugly generics.
    So if they come up with this Bundes scan I only hope it will be well and completely done and updated through the year, as I must say they did in FIFA 19 adding a few interesting faces

It was Frankfurts stadium that was leaked on Artstation by a freelancer called Frank Arndt.
    Here is a thread about all the leaks and evidences regarding the Bundesliga scan i've made, but its in german.

• CrackJamtex
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    vini is definitely not generic. His Face just looks like that. nice to see henderson and aguero finally updated after 2748years
  • TeamExtreme17
    4138 posts National Call-Up
    vini is definitely not generic. His Face just looks like that. nice to see henderson and aguero finally updated after 2748years

I wonder if hes a custom or hes part of a La Liga re-scan.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited June 2019
    I'm not quite sure that link can be taken serious, new stadiums and starheads arent new CM features.. New features would be full customization of your managers appearance, realistic transfers, being able to use real managers, fixing bugs like playing 2 games in 2 days etc.. Although last year Corey said we should all be happy with Champions League in CM, thats a license not a new feature!! So im worried what the devs consider as a CM revamp.. But even if they HAVE finally added a few new features, have they fixed well reported bugs too or just added new things on top of the mess?
  • lapich29
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • TeamExtreme17
    lapich29 wrote: »

Why can't more clubs do this instead of EA making scanning sessions so secret..
  • PabloEscobar
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2019
    Why can't more clubs do this instead of EA making scanning sessions so secret..[/quote]

Clubs like City west ham did iT before ...but clubs knows they got scanned but wont Get updated anyway so they dont show iT 😅😅😅
  • tommy_p_5
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    lapich29 wrote: »

Currently generic players shown being scanned in the video:
    Isaac Mbenza, Juninho Bacuna, Karlan Grant, Matty Daly, Aaron Rowe, Scott High

The last three are academy players, so I had to compare pictures on the club's website (and I'm not 100% sure I'm correct).
  • tomasluisis
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gave up with fifa for the year so I don't know if this is already in fifa 19 as I have not seen it be mentioned yet but carvajal looked to have his new hair
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional
    edited June 2019
    Gave up with fifa for the year so I don't know if this is already in fifa 19 as I have not seen it be mentioned yet but carvajal looked to have his new hair

Its not in fifa 19. It was in the Fifa mobile WC 18 update though...
    New scans we get are like 2 yo...
  • TeamExtreme17
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

Its not in fifa 19. It was in the Fifa mobile WC 18 update though...
    New scans we get are like 2 yo...

Yup as EA "don't hold scans back"
  • Bavarian_Star_11
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The Allianz Arena will still be in the game right? I really hope it is I would be ridiculously upset and hurt if it wasn't.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero

and

All fake. Someone at EA won't be allowed to discuss what features are changing for career mode as of yet. What I did read about being harder to sign players with a new transfer system and Messi not joining 4th division teams as well as some sort of trophy cabinet for your club would certainly be welcome.

Just coming from a very untrusted source. Unless he played it a secret event and broke some kind of embargo.
  • CrackJamtex
    800 posts Semi-Pro

doesnt look scanned quality. hard to say just from this clip
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited June 2019

doesnt look scanned quality. hard to say just from this clip

Yeah i agree, if its a scan it would hopefully mean a La Liga re-scan and not just a Real Madrid scan, if its a custom it most likely means La Liga hasnt been re-scanned as why would you add a custom for a player who will of been scanned, which is disappointing..
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited June 2019
    Just been thinking about this Man Utd PES deal and it shouldn't matter whatsoever, Liverpool got their stadium updated and had new Starheads added last year so Man Utd should be the same in Fifa regardless of PES signing them, the only difference will be PES' Old Trafford stadium exterior will blow Fifa's away..
  • Kaiduss
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    Just been thinking about this Man Utd PES deal and it shouldn't matter whatsoever, Liverpool got their stadium updated and had new Starheads added last year so Man Utd should be the same in Fifa regardless of PES signing them, the only difference will be PES' Old Trafford stadium exterior will blow Fifa's away..

I don't see a scenario in which EA loses the rights to use Old Trafford. Then again, I thought the same about Camp Nou. PES-Barcelona partnership meant no Camp Nou and no new scans whatsoever for Barcelona, despite EA holding the full La Liga license.
  • Bavarian_Star_11

What about Bayern? Do we know anything? I really don't want the Allianz Arena to not be in the game.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited June 2019

I don't see a scenario in which EA loses the rights to use Old Trafford. Then again, I thought the same about Camp Nou. PES-Barcelona partnership meant no Camp Nou and no new scans whatsoever for Barcelona, despite EA holding the full La Liga license.

Barca was different as Konami got an exclusive license as EA didnt have the La Liga deal, that was new for Fifa 19. EA already have the PL deal, which includes Man Utd and Old Trafford, so even if Konami get it then it cant be exclusive, just like Liverpool/Arsenal in PES 2019..

What about Bayern? Do we know anything? I really don't want the Allianz Arena to not be in the game.

This is more worrying, because EA as of yet dont have the Bundesliga deal, so technically Konami could get an exclusive deal with Bayern to stop EA releasing full Bundesliga treatment, we could end up with only 17 Bundesliga stadiums, those Starheads EA recently added may be an indication towards that.. Bayern deal may be similar to the Barca one, but Man Utd are covered by being part of the PL..
  • Bavarian_Star_11

Barca was different as Konami got an exclusive license as EA didnt have the La Liga deal, that was new for Fifa 19. EA already have the PL deal, which includes Man Utd and Old Trafford, so even if Konami get it then it cant be exclusive, just like Liverpool/Arsenal in PES 2019..

This is more worrying, because EA as of yet dont have the Bundesliga deal, so technically Konami could get an exclusive deal with Bayern to stop EA releasing full Bundesliga treatment, we could end up with only 17 Bundesliga stadiums, those Starheads EA recently added may be an indication towards that.. Bayern deal may be similar to the Barca one, but Man Utd are covered by being part of the PL..

Understood, but if EA does have the Bundesliga, as the Bundesliga has been promoting the game with a new Volta video, could it mean they do have the Bundesliga locked up? And at the same time Bayern does have EA Sports listed as an official partner.