Lmao This Is Why EA Can't Win - I'm Not Defending Them!

AFC_95
8828 posts League Winner
They're actively saying they're trying to make the game more realistic then you have pros, and other players, complaining about this haha.

Comments

• I SiR MartY I
    5501 posts Big Money Move
    The people complaining will be the ones spamming la croqueta after la croqueta from kick off or using skills that ghost tackle animations.

That's a very realistic change, seeing goals scored by people doing 4/5 la croquetas in a row to get to the edge of the box then a handful of flip flaps in a row to ghost through a defence is crazy, no player in real life would ever be able to do that many skills in a row and keep perfect control of the ball.

I love to do skills and even I like this change, it stops skills being spammed and means you have to actually dribble instead of use skills to get to where you need to go.

While I'm not hopeful FIFA 20 will be any better than 19, its complaints like that, that make the game rotten. EA usually release a half decent game at release that needs some work but is on the right track, then people complain because they can't adapt or something new is too hard or isn't to their liking and EA patch it and everything else into the ground and we have a braindead broken gaming experience for 9 months.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    The people complaining will be the ones spamming la croqueta after la croqueta from kick off or using skills that ghost tackle animations.

That's a very realistic change, seeing goals scored by people doing 4/5 la croquetas in a row to get to the edge of the box then a handful of flip flaps in a row to ghost through a defence is crazy, no player in real life would ever be able to do that many skills in a row and keep perfect control of the ball.

I love to do skills and even I like this change, it stops skills being spammed and means you have to actually dribble instead of use skills to get to where you need to go.

While I'm not hopeful FIFA 20 will be any better than 19, its complaints like that, that make the game rotten. EA usually release a half decent game at release that needs some work but is on the right track, then people complain because they can't adapt or something new is too hard or isn't to their liking and EA patch it and everything else into the ground and we have a braindead broken gaming experience for 9 months.

And it was a pro who posted the tweet I posted. Obviously pros aren't happy with this. The more realistic the game is the less they'll be able to win.

It's not that they patch it, to me anyway. The fame is released and we all enjoy it but within a few mi the people have started learning the broken mechanics in the game and that's when the game starts feeling like it does now.
  • I SiR MartY I
    AFC_95 wrote: »

And it was a pro who posted the tweet I posted. Obviously pros aren't happy with this. The more realistic the game is the less they'll be able to win.

It's not that they patch it, to me anyway. The fame is released and we all enjoy it but within a few mi the people have started learning the broken mechanics in the game and that's when the game starts feeling like it does now.

Pro's won't be happy unless the changes benefit them, they thrive on exploiting the game and playing people under their skill level to rack up high win streaks, not impressive in the slightest. Avoiding competition and exploiting the game to win shouldn't be rewarded but EA gonna EA.

I think you're right for 19, the game was just garbage at release but had a new FIFA feel until the exploits came out but 18 was a good game at release, defending was harder it forced players to get good at manually defending and it was very easy to score goals which lead to high scoring games unless you could defend, instead of working on improving, people complained defending was too hard so EA boosted the AI so much so that the AI decide games now because they defend for people.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Pro's won't be happy unless the changes benefit them, they thrive on exploiting the game and playing people under their skill level to rack up high win streaks, not impressive in the slightest. Avoiding competition and exploiting the game to win shouldn't be rewarded but EA gonna EA.

I think you're right for 19, the game was just garbage at release but had a new FIFA feel until the exploits came out but 18 was a good game at release, defending was harder it forced players to get good at manually defending and it was very easy to score goals which lead to high scoring games unless you could defend, instead of working on improving, people complained defending was too hard so EA boosted the AI so much so that the AI decide games now because they defend for people.

Yeah 18 was a good game ore patch. Yup pros won't like it which is why the fact EA got pros to test early builds of FIFA 20 isn't a good sign.
  • I SiR MartY I

Yeah 18 was a good game ore patch. Yup pros won't like it which is why the fact EA got pros to test early builds of FIFA 20 isn't a good sign.

The designer that was on EA play yesterday said he got pros, casuals and hardcore players to test the game which is a good sign, I just hope that they only take the changes pros want, otherwise the game will be horrible.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

The designer that was on EA play yesterday said he got pros, casuals and hardcore players to test the game which is a good sign, I just hope that they only take the changes pros want, otherwise the game will be horrible.

I only heard about pros. If there were casuals and more hardcore gamers then that's great!

Tbh the only way I'd play FUT again is if your opponent quitting guarantees you the win.
  • I SiR MartY I
    edited June 9

That should take you to the right time, if not its, 3:31:30

It could just be the usual sales pitch, but who knows.

What would make me get back into FIFA is less hand-holding and more responsive gameplay. The game basically plays itself, it intercepts for you, tackles for you, shoots for you and even gives you a speed boost if you make a mistake and need your CB to recover. Its painful trying to punish mistakes knowing the game will actually punish you for trying to attack that space. That and the lag need to be sorted, Pro Clubs is so laggy, its got 1 second button delay most games, you have to press buttons ages in advance and its so bad that sometimes your button press doesn't even register, want to get past that player pressing you with a skill move or pass to the side? Well the game doesn't register your button press until AFTER the ball is gone. You also have a huge lag spike the whole team gets when the ball gets won in the box, CB makes a tackle, ST/CB/GK everything, everybody gets a huge lag spike so nobody can shoot, pass or even clear the ball.

All of that has made playing unbearable, its taken any sort of fun out of the game because you can't dribble because its too laggy and if you do manage to get past someone by sheer luck, the game will slow you down anyway :joy:

Its why I've played like 40 games of Pro Clubs since September, I just can't put up with it anymore.
  • Sami
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Some pros want chaining skill moves. Boras legend was moaning. F2tekkz isn’t going to like it too.

EA shouldn’t listen. Go play voltz if you wanna dribble about with fancy skill moves. EAs approach is right chaining two moves and you start to lose control.

Pro clubs has been ruined by this shittery impossible to be any with your **** defenders against 90 rated plus players who know how to exploit skill moves properly. Even if you got defenders some of them still impossible to deal with.

Pros shouldn’t be the only ones they talk to. Speak to the pro clubs communities too there’s tons on VFL who aren’t pros and they would probably say the same.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Sami wrote: »

Some pros want chaining skill moves. Boras legend was moaning. F2tekkz isn’t going to like it too.

EA shouldn’t listen. Go play voltz if you wanna dribble about with fancy skill moves. EAs approach is right chaining two moves and you start to lose control.

Pro clubs has been ruined by this shittery impossible to be any with your **** defenders against 90 rated plus players who know how to exploit skill moves properly. Even if you got defenders some of them still impossible to deal with.

Pros shouldn’t be the only ones they talk to. Speak to the pro clubs communities too there’s tons on VFL who aren’t pros and they would probably say the same.

I play clubs only because I like the group I play with. It's a shockingly bad game mode.
  • I SiR MartY I

Most of us on VFL just want any change and no lag. Just a shame we probably won't see a single Clubs change for 20.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Most of us on VFL just want any change and no lag. Just a shame we probably won't see a single Clubs change for 20.

I don't see anything changing. The one thing I want is being able to fully customise your pro. Every CAM is good at the same things, same with every ST and centre half. It's stupid.
  • I SiR MartY I

I don't see anything changing. The one thing I want is being able to fully customise your pro. Every CAM is good at the same things, same with every ST and centre half. It's stupid.

Yeah, I hate that change. STs are fast + weak, CAMs can just pass, no heading, jumping, stamina or pace, its actually better to play DM in CAM.

They need to scrap that and allow us to have unique pros, my pro is no different to anybody else's.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Yeah, I hate that change. STs are fast + weak, CAMs can just pass, no heading, jumping, stamina or pace, its actually better to play DM in CAM.

They need to scrap that and allow us to have unique pros, my pro is no different to anybody else's.

Exactly. That's what my club and I say all the time. I use CAM simply because it's so balanced. I play my CAM everywhere - except defence lmao. One of our lads who slots in to RB at times uses a DM for that.

It's like you can't make a good ball playing centre half but they exist irl!
  • I SiR MartY I

Exactly. That's what my club and I say all the time. I use CAM simply because it's so balanced. I play my CAM everywhere - except defence lmao. One of our lads who slots in to RB at times uses a DM for that.

Same as a creative striker, STs have no passing even with the traits on, 80 odd short and 60 odd long and crossing, even though creative forwards exist. Its like EA want us to play a certain way
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Same as a creative striker, STs have no passing even with the traits on, 80 odd short and 60 odd long and crossing, even though creative forwards exist. Its like EA want us to play a certain way

My ST build has 87 short passing but that's because I've used points in passing. It's stupid it's like my player scores more headers since I took off powerheader trait lol. Makes no sense.