Why do the pro players keep their team rating deliberately low by adding bronze players on the bench

Vix14
480 posts An Exciting Prospect
What's the benefit?

Comments

• truegunn3r
    8816 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 5
    Someone with OCD started it off and it has gone on to become a trend
  • Jrutts
    704 posts Professional
    People believe lowering the overall rating on your team will have you matched up against lower rated opponents over the long term
  • RascalinHere7
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jrutts wrote: »
    People believe lowering the overall rating on your team will have you matched up against lower rated opponents over the long term

Wrong ! ....
    It started back in 2010 when having a god squad would suffer a lot from the “unspeakable word”. So everybody with god squads would bronze bench to lower their team rating because it really would make you suffer less from the “unspeakable word”. I truly noticed the difference myself and now I’m pretty sure it’s doesn’t matter anymore. BUT I’m OCD and still do it. Juuuuuuuust Incase. Lol . Now for sure it’s just in my head but before it was noticeable and that’s why everyone was doing it back then.
  • Jrutts
    704 posts Professional

Wrong ! ....
    It started back in 2010 when having a god squad would suffer a lot from the “unspeakable word”. So everybody with god squads would bronze bench to lower their team rating because it really would make you suffer less from the “unspeakable word”. I truly noticed the difference myself and now I’m pretty sure it’s doesn’t matter anymore. BUT I’m OCD and still do it. Juuuuuuuust Incase. Lol . Now for sure it’s just in my head but before it was noticeable and that’s why everyone was doing it back then.

Apologies but that was confusing, isn’t that basically what I said just in a different context?
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Wrong ! ....

Apologies but that was confusing, isn’t that basically what I said just in a different context?

No you said it would match you to lower opponents he said it would stop that thing that happens when facing a lower team happening as much.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    It is annoying in squad battles though, oh look an 81 rated team let's stick in on a higher difficulty lol
  • Jrutts
    704 posts Professional

Wrong ! ....

No you said it would match you to lower opponents he said it would stop that thing that happens when facing a lower team happening as much.

I still don’t really get it, yeh it was a myth u got matched against lower opponents but that’s just what I heard, are you saying that people do it just to stop other people branding their squads as god squads?
  • R1ckyDaMan19

Wrong ! ....

I still don’t really get it, yeh it was a myth u got matched against lower opponents but that’s just what I heard, are you saying that people do it just to stop other people branding their squads as god squads?

It does not effect what team rating your opponent will have at all, it stops something happening when you face a low rating team that does not happen when you face other high rated teams.

Not replying any more now.
  • Jrutts
    704 posts Professional
    That “something” is what’s confusing. Fair play mate thanks for your explanation I’m privileged
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    That “something” is what’s confusing. Fair play mate thanks for your explanation I’m privileged

The something is a taboo with ea, that is why I can't explain what it is.
  • Jrutts
    704 posts Professional

I understand what u mean now thanks, this community is nearly as bad as the game.
  • madwullie
    4392 posts National Call-Up
    I bronze benched religiously up till this year. Now I stack my bench because I like loads of options late I the game. Its not made the slightest bit of difference to what happens in game.
  • parky83
    438 posts Sunday League Hero

I understand what u mean now thanks, this community is nearly as bad as the game.

he means scripting, but now we know its just a bit of dynamic difficulty lol
  • FifaProDK
    680 posts An Exciting Prospect

I got a warning last night for talking about the "something".

• EekAlaska
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero

Wrong ! ....

This. Also having one or two low rated players in starting 11 would help back then
  • TheTataGuy
    1174 posts Professional
    Because people are sheep, and a lot of them think they're pro players.
  • DanValletta
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    Probably a habit for longer term fut player.
    I like to have 2-3 subs I will actually use and then I just use bronze for the rest.

I doubt it makes a difference either way but at least I'm taking the possibility of being shafted so much by doodly dynamic diddlying in my game off the table.

I don't know why people care about others doing it if it does t actually make a difference as they say... Just a thought.
  • Snugglebites
    1111 posts Professional
    Pro players need every advantage possible, real or fake,
  • Bags
    814 posts Semi-Pro
    So last year in divisions (or whatever it was called) it 100% worked. When there was an objective I would make the whole team bronze and put an icon up front. Would mainly play low rated teams.

However I’ve tried similar this year and it doesn’t work. Guess some people are just hedging their bets
  • Pacey3_16
    1950 posts Fans' Favourite
    I still feel it any time i go above 88 rated feels like my players are playing in a swamp
  • Paulopudasso
    1053 posts Professional
    Read about the patent thats just been released that should help with the "something"
  • Pranav
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    If you have 3 subs that you know you want to sub on it doesn’t hurt to bronze bench.
  • Guvnor
    1052 posts Professional
    The fella talking about the something is spot on! It has nothing to do with matching lower teams but they believe it effects the way there team plays against these lower teams.
  • Mizzle
    621 posts An Exciting Prospect

You've been on these forums, how long?
    And you still couldn't grasp what "something happens against lower rated sqauds" means? :lol:
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3938 posts National Call-Up

Wrong ! ....

By the unspeakable word he means SCRIPTING. It is well known to be real now. It uses lots of different bits of data and then adjust gameplay for u or your opponent
  • RayS
    25690 posts Player of the Year
    Pro players need every advantage possible, real or fake,

No italics pls Mr suggles
  • RayS
    25690 posts Player of the Year
    It is annoying in squad battles though, oh look an 81 rated team let's stick in on a higher difficulty lol

THIS bugs the crap out of me. They shouldn't pick teams that bronze bench for freaking SB. It messes the whole thing up bc you're supposed to have a couple easier teams and then a couple harder ones.