FIFA20 Licensed Tournaments Thread

WizardMD
662 posts An Exciting Prospect
I was thinking of talking about tournaments cause I think it is important for many countries to have at least one official licensed tournament in FIFA20.

Now that we have UCL and EL licensed, we would like to have more tournaments licensed.

In my case that would be the Copa Mx, Gold Cup, CONCACAF Champions, Southamerican Cups etc... This means adding more teams and probably people who play FUT would complain about this cause there would be more "low level" players but I think the more variety the better.

Concacaf_goldcup_logo.png

1200px-Copa_MX.svg.png

Concachampions-610x389.jpg

placeholder_cl.jpg

Comments

• Richie827
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great job creating this post WizardMD.
  • Tom0307
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I never understand when people complain about adding new leagues or competitions. I understand people getting annoyed that more high profile leagues or players aren't scanned when you get the MLS half scanned, but that's going to mean a lot to the people who support that team or league etc.

The Japanese league scan makes no difference to me and I'd much rather a Serie A or Ligue 1 scan, but it doesn't mean that there aren't millions of people who will enjoy it.

Same with players and competitions, I hate when people **** about not having the National League in the game, we're very lucky to have 4 tiers of English football as it is, how about some diversity for other people round the world.
  • Tom0307
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Also, and this is sort of relevant, there was a rumour that the Qatar league is in which means that'll add more diversity in the fake Asian Champions League.
  • Richie827
    In addition to that,many teams people barely use because the Leagues they belong to are incomplete.A fake Boca Junior ruined Agentinian league.No one bother to select Brazilian teams cuz they are all fake players (not even close to their real stats).J League's scoreboard is beautiful and we get nothing like that in FIFA.
    Make some change EA otherwise just save your money and call it FUT serie period.
  • Richie827
    In PES you are able to adjust fake teams's player ratings.Nobody will use a Boca team with light blue shirt that's disgrace.
  • WizardMD
    That is absolutely true, there's no way I'm using a team with fake players, EA should be able to buy at least the most important licenses from Latin America and Asia. Fake team names and fake players are one the reason why I don't buy PES
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    Moved to FIFA 20.
  • Richie827
    What's new this year?
  • WizardMD
    hopefully, they would add the UEFA Nations League, that would be a great addition.

220px-UEFA_Nations_League.svg.png
  • Marcos73
    14 posts Ball Boy
    I hope they add Copa del Rey.
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    WizardMD wrote: »
    hopefully, they would add the UEFA Nations League, that would be a great addition.

220px-UEFA_Nations_League.svg.png

Unlikely as PES have the rights to UEFA National Team Tournaments.
  • henryclay1844
    926 posts Professional
    I think PES lost UEFA rights as they don't advertise during the games like they used to before the 2016 tournament. The Adidas Ball in FIFA 19 also says E qualifier or something to that affect.
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    I think PES lost UEFA rights as they don't advertise during the games like they used to before the 2016 tournament. The Adidas Ball in FIFA 19 also says E qualifier or something to that affect.

As of last summer they definitely held the rights and released a statement about working on future titles with UEFA (the statement when they lost the UCL).

Hopefully you’re right though.
  • bristolbob
    51 posts Park Captain
    Adding new leagues is all well and good, but only if done properly. It may be great to have new leagues but not if there is no real re playability because there are only one division, and no continental competition. I'd rather they fleshed out and improved the current leagues and competitions first
  • Richie827
    Don't add anything without broadcast package.We don't need no more FUT kits.
  • bristolbob
    51 posts Park Captain
    A serious question to people wanting this league or that league - fair enough they want to see their country represented, but I'm talking as a career mode player here, how often would you actually play with teams from said new league - without face scans/stadia/proper team tactics/updated commentary/lack of transfers etc,etc, before returning to play their favourite European club/league?
  • Martijnenbrecht
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I mean, if they don't include the Croky cup, mascot included, they might aswel cancel fifa 20
    crokycupsfRG.jpg