Favourite Fifa ?

Covkilla91mob
479 posts An Exciting Prospect
For me 18 and my reason I find it best was because I played tiki taka and 1v1 and dribbling was insane, no abuse was needed or wing bashing just football .

Fifa 19 takes away football and simply plays random with abuse .

Comments

• Diggy
    13635 posts Has That Special Something
    I’ve played all of em World Cup 98 is the mist memorable although its probably not good now
  • Retro_G
    29291 posts Player of the Year
    Fifa 17 is my favourite Fifa since they switched to the Frostbite engine, it was the most balanced. Fifa 18 was trash, but not as bad as this awful game, after the patches. Fifa 19 is now easily one of the worst Fifa games ever developed.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    Probably 17. In terms of gameplay. 19 has had the most content tho. But tots has been boring without the proper upgrade sbcs
  • Vix14
    480 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FIFA 2002. Playing with Henry and Bergkamp was blissful.
  • Retro_G
    29291 posts Player of the Year
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Probably 17. In terms of gameplay. 19 has had the most content tho. But tots has been boring without the proper upgrade sbcs

Well yeah content wise, Fifa 19 is the best. Gameplay is the most important factor though, Fifa 19 fails miserably in that department.
  • Cmiz
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    17 for me
  • Covkilla91mob
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Fifa 17 is my favourite Fifa since they switched to the Frostbite engine, it was the most balanced. Fifa 18 was trash, but not as bad as this awful game, after the patches. Fifa 19 is now easily one of the worst Fifa games ever developed.

I like 17 and 18 tbh.17 was more fun felt fun in all aspects and shooting was so fun ,my tots hamsik could hit worldies and play anywhere in front 4 ,18 was same in most ways but defence was less rewarding after week 1 patch 😂😂
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FIFA 04 on ps2 for me, loved that game.
  • Covkilla91mob
    Vix14 wrote: »
    FIFA 2002. Playing with Henry and Bergkamp was blissful.

The good days of fifa I miss playing 2 player season with Coventry to get to the prem and career was better too.
  • Covkilla91mob
    Diggy wrote: »
    I’ve played all of em World Cup 98 is the mist memorable although its probably not good now

That was fun on n64 days now would be a laugh to see ,still beats 19 😂😂😂
  • Foxsake
    2110 posts Fans' Favourite
    97 the indoor mode was brilliant
    I’m showing my age now 🙈
  • DarthGrowler
    14604 posts Has That Special Something
  • tom4s
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    12 - so many players that I just loved on that game. Elkeson, Dayro Moreno, SES, the list goes on....
  • mufcscott__
    510 posts Semi-Pro
    FIFA 09 UT 100%, not a lot of people played it because you had to pay for it but it was so good, you could use training cards to permanently upgrade a players overall lol
  • ELSALCFC
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    98RTWC
  • Str8hii
    898 posts Semi-Pro
    Fifa 14 there was no input lag once they introduced sh1tty server game is inconsistent
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    FIFA 11,12,13,14
  • Markman007
    2733 posts Fans' Favourite
    I recently went back and played 17 because I liked my team and wanted to compare, and man the gameplay in 17 feels so much better than 18 or 19.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11466 posts Has That Special Something
    FIFA 04 on ps2 for me, loved that game.

Was that the year that every free kick was a goal it had the like skill stop bar and if you hit them on green with the right power and spin they were a goal every time? Pretty sure it was 04.
  • JamesH
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    14 and 18
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3388 posts National Call-Up
    In the modern era these were good:
    09-13;
    15-16.
    Rest were trash.

One single favourite has got to be 15.
    Synopsis:
    1. Highest skillcap of all time.
    2. Fun, fair and relatively balanced meta mechanics.
    3. Variety of playstyles worked.
    4. Variety of teams worked; including silver teams and skillers.
    5. Very little handholding. Few if any bailout mechanics and errors were punitive.
    6. Relatively minor, negligible p2w (FIFA19 is 100% p2w).
    7. Way less delay issues.
    8. Silky smooth and pleasant dribbling/turning.
    9. Proper finishing.
    10. No patent.
  • Wooly1203
    2440 posts Fans' Favourite
    My favorites were probably fifa 10-12. Before ultimate team I loved 05 and 07
  • Bambobär
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    FIFA 11,12,13,14

This
  • WS100889
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 3
    Fifa 99 and Definetly Fifa 98 - great soundtrack that motivated me to play more and more matches, transfer market mode , able to play in indoor arena , cup celebration when won a championship.etc.

Fifa 2002 and fifa 2003 - their is something about them fifa games that i really like, but don't know what. Might be creation mode for fifa 2002 , dont know what it is that i like anout fifa 2003 though, but theirs something.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5989 posts Big Money Move
    FIFA 17 (I think it was 17) on launch when the game was slow, realistic, and passing actually took skill. Then everyone complained and they patched the game to make it a high-speed arcade experience.
  • ozcs_69
    3133 posts National Call-Up
    fifa 15 up to price range introduction, but the gameplay was good till the last day (dont tell me the lob passws were OP, you just didnt know how to defend them...)
  • OkiZubon
    8 posts Ball Boy
    World Cup 98 was FIFA at its best.
  • Covkilla91mob
    FIFA 17 (I think it was 17) on launch when the game was slow, realistic, and passing actually took skill. Then everyone complained and they patched the game to make it a high-speed arcade experience.

Yea same with 18 ruined by arcade mindsets
  • Covkilla91mob
    In the modern era these were good:
    09-13;
    15-16.
    Rest were trash.

One single favourite has got to be 15.
    Synopsis:
    1. Highest skillcap of all time.
    2. Fun, fair and relatively balanced meta mechanics.
    3. Variety of playstyles worked.
    4. Variety of teams worked; including silver teams and skillers.
    5. Very little handholding. Few if any bailout mechanics and errors were punitive.
    6. Relatively minor, negligible p2w (FIFA19 is 100% p2w).
    7. Way less delay issues.
    8. Silky smooth and pleasant dribbling/turning.
    9. Proper finishing.
    10. No patent.

Yea agree with less delay and skill gap but fifa lost care in that ,Like 15 we could run round keeper which I miss