Major pitch notes today Corey has tweeted?! UPDATE PITCH NOTE INFO INSIDE

Comments

• Nazgul
    780 posts Semi-Pro
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Sales pitch notes.

Nothing more.

Exactly this. These pitch notes detail every problem within 19 and basically say “oh well, we ruined 19 but trust us 20 will be better”

Ok boss :(
  • Matinxos
    47 posts Park Captain
    Ive read pitch notes. Im not optimistic. I dont know any single person, who likes GK movement and timeds. How on earth they will still be in game? What kind of pros do they ask for an opinion? From Siberia?
    Besides my friends and ppl that I know, I havent even seen any vids on YT, where ppl admire timeds and gk movement.
    These pitch notes have proven 1 thing. EA has no idea, what they r doing.
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Matinxos wrote: »
    Ive read pitch notes. Im not optimistic. I dont know any single person, who likes GK movement and timeds. How on earth they will still be in game? What kind of pros do they ask for an opinion? From Siberia?
    Besides my friends and ppl that I know, I havent even seen any vids on YT, where ppl admire timeds and gk movement.

Im for gk movement but not how is it now. If they do it like it is the pitch note that you pick the side and then you cant change it because your gk will be slow,then its will be perfect.

If im 100% sure where my opponent gonna shoot and i pick the side then its a skill and experience to pick that side and be enough fast to move your gk there.And you should be rewarded for it. I dont know why i should be forced to just watch and pray if gk gonna save it or no if i know where the shot is going. If Ter Stegen facing every day to Messi shot and he has a experience that he know where he gonna shoot from certain position then he will do few steps on that side and will not let the ball go in.

And one more important thing about gk movement. Its a counter against spaming the same shot over and over again like driven shot in fifa 18. You know how your opponent gonna shoot,you know where he gonna shoot and you can do nothing? He will just score over and over again the same shot? No,thank you. I want option to counter abusing the same thing over and over again.

But how i said,it must be risk/reward. If i pick the wrong side then is end for me. My opponent can just roll the ball on another side and my gk will not react on this shot
  • Matinxos
    47 posts Park Captain
    JURITO1000 wrote: »

Im for gk movement but not how is it now. If they do it like it is the pitch note that you pick the side and then you cant change it because your gk will be slow,then its will be perfect.

If im 100% sure where my opponent gonna shoot and i pick the side then its a skill and experience to pick that side and be enough fast to move your gk there.And you should be rewarded for it. I dont know why i should be forced to just watch and pray if gk gonna save it or no if i know where the shot is going. If Ter Stegen facing every day to Messi shot and he has a experience that he know where he gonna shoot from certain position then he will do few steps on that side and will not let the ball go in.

And one more important thing about gk movement. Its a counter against spaming the same shot over and over again like driven shot in fifa 18. You know how your opponent gonna shoot,you know where he gonna shoot and you can do nothing? He will just score over and over again the same shot? No,thank you. I want option to counter abusing the same thing over and over again.

But how i said,it must be risk/reward. If i pick the wrong side then is end for me. My opponent can just roll the ball on another side and my gk will not react on this shot

Beating Your whole defence is enough skill, to avoid Your movement of a keeper. In real football, they dont run like headless chickens, in weird positions.
    That's just not fun aspect of game. It only irritates ppl. Whats so hard to understand?
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2301 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mate I’ve just been on twitter and no pro or YT or casual player have said they want to keep GK movement and Timed finish.

Yet zaro and Corey are still adamant that there are millions who are in favour of it?!?

GTFOH!!!
  • Caddy
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No more than a sales pitch.

"Lets take the most complained about aspects of the game and say we wil fix them"

Same every year. Like player switching problems? Have been around for many fifas.
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well, props on the best sales pitch I've heard in a very long time.
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    JURITO1000 wrote: »

Beating Your whole defence is enough skill, to avoid Your movement of a keeper. In real football, they dont run like headless chickens, in weird positions.
    That's just not fun aspect of game. It only irritates ppl. Whats so hard to understand?

I understand your point and part of me agree with you. But i hate when somebody spaming one thing over and over again in some game.Thata why i have different opinion on it
  • Bugayoko
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Promises promises and still promises ...

1) I will believe it when I see it (ESPECIALLY AFTER THE FIRST PATCH)

2) You can say that you listen to the comunity as much as you want... But if then certain mechanics will remain in the same game after the same community has SUPPLICATED you to remove them...

3) No mention to your servers...

Personally (after the disaster that is Fifa 19) I need to get away from FIFA and I won't buy the game for at least a couple of years.
  • Matinxos
    47 posts Park Captain
    Well, the game, for which we pay every year, shall be programmed good enough, to not let ppl spam anything. They have enough money to test it, program it or whatever.
  • Staxdoobie
    998 posts Professional
    NornIron wrote: »
    We've fixed the bad gameplay on FIFA 20 but we can't guarantee anything and no refunds will be provided.
    But remember we have fixed it.
    Order now for the cheap price of 54.99 and get 5 free gold packs

Well done, sir. Along with quite a few others back on page 1, you’re blessed with FIFA precog.
  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional
    Goalkeeper movement and timed finishing returning means a no buy for me.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    Increased Error on Difficult Position Passing - 180 degrees, first-time, and pressured passes situations will now result in slower/weaker balls, making them less effective and easier to get intercepted by the opposing team.
    How the hell are we supposed to battle against high pressure in FIFA 20???
  • Cmiz
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fix this Fifa first before trying to sell us the next one
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    Cmiz wrote: »
    Fix this Fifa first before trying to sell us the next one
    They are saying it's unfixable, pay 60$ if you want the next patch.

• Fadazzo
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    The patch notes were promising at first, but then I realized that we are talking about EA. It's just a sales pitch.

And I'm certainly part of the problem, regardless of the state FIFA is in, it's a sure buy for me every year. And it has been for like 10-15 years.
  • Grifan
    1285 posts Professional
    Timed finishing and goalkeeper movement still being in the next game is crazy. Who the hell signed off on that crap ? We’re essentially waiting around on Fifa 20 because fifa 19 is that broken. The worst part is they acknowledge it then say 19 doesn’t get any more patches but trust is we will fix it next time????? How long has ai defending been to o.p? How long has their been inconsistent gameplay? How long has their been kick offs ? Yeah next time ea. Yup
  • Elvisreus
    219 posts Sunday League Hero
    Read the similar thing last year.
    Whenever they want sales, they become "communicative"

They don't fix the game this year, I'll pass Fifa 20

Enough is enough.
  • Retropoe82
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Why can't EA Team now say. Rite sorry to our dedicated fan's of our franchise. Were SORRY for this difficult year, mistakes with icons and promos. Server issues an un finished game play.

For the rest of tots, futties, rivals an other game modes. Were boosting the reward pay out. No longer changing gameplay. An we'll devote an implement changes to make fifa 20 the best football genre ever.

If that happened i think ppl would feel justice as well as fair play.
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 31
    Retropoe82 wrote: »
    Why can't EA Team now say. Rite sorry to our dedicated fan's of our franchise. Were SORRY for this difficult year, mistakes with icons and promos. Server issues an un finished game play.

For the rest of tots, futties, rivals an other game modes. Were boosting the reward pay out. No longer changing gameplay. An we'll devote an implement changes to make fifa 20 the best football genre ever.

If that happened i think ppl would feel justice as well as fair play.

They should give fifa 20 for free to everybody who bought fifa 19 ....it was just a beta game. With this pitch notes they admit how bad fifa 19 is
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    same as every year. boring, looks like fifa 20 will be a pass for good
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    So, we have EA literally stating all the issues/changes that the majority wants, and that they ARE being implemented for 20.

Is there a problem I'm not seeing?

That seemed like a great article.

Admitting the game has a ton of issues, saying they can't fix everything now but if you drop £50 on the next version of the game then it'll all be fixed.

Means the bugs, glitches and horrible gameplay have be endured by players for another 4 months and there's no guarantee that EA even make those changes and if they do, there's no guarantee that they are even good enough to keep the community happy, slight tweaks here and there could be made that make 20 play exactly like 19, maybe even worse.
    OZero wrote: »
    So, we have EA literally stating all the issues/changes that the majority wants, and that they ARE being implemented for 20.

Is there a problem I'm not seeing?

That seemed like a great article.

Admitting the game has a ton of issues, saying they can't fix everything now but if you drop £50 on the next version of the game then it'll all be fixed.

Means the bugs, glitches and horrible gameplay have be endured by players for another 4 months and there's no guarantee that EA even make those changes and if they do, there's no guarantee that they are even good enough to keep the community happy, slight tweaks here and there could be made that make 20 play exactly like 19, maybe even worse.

Exactly this.

@OZero @I SiR MartY I

The fact that they actually identified each of the issues and have stated what they will do to fix it is better than nothing.

I can't remember the last time they want this in depth or in detail about their gameplay plans for next edition.

They've been working on these changes since the day or even before 19 was launched, so I have no doubt we will see some improvement in each of those areas.

New things will pop up sure cause they need to add a stupid new gimmick to have on the back cover and youtube/fb ads so the 98% of the player base is satisfied.

By this point you know what to expect each year, but now we have actual official comments on the changes we want and will be seeing, I think it's a step in the right direction.

You can't satisfy everyone either, ignore the morons who say "WEEK 1 WAS THE BEST GAME I PLAYED" week 1 had no meta teams and people hadn't worked out the glitches/engine yet, so that is a load of bs, same bs I see spewed every year by clowns.

The game can't be made full manual because 1. a lot of people lag due to their internet, console, tv, isp, family on net or not being close to the servers 2. you need to keep the majority of the player base happy who just want to pick up, play the game, and have a chance against a better player (you might lose 1 or 2 out of 10 games vs someone clearly worse than you due to auto defending etc)

They're still going to be **** with promos/pack weights/icon SBC's and wanting to punish you for paying attention to the market (gotta min max those FP profits) but gameplay looks like it's going in the right direction based on those comments.

Bro, stop.

The article straight up states that they knew all along that they couldn’t fix the AI.

This article is a confession to the lies you have been told all year. Do you really think after all this, that EA will actually care about Fifa 20?

This is the confession of you being robbed out of your money for a broken game that the devs dont give a **** about.

Wake up, dont become a sheep, not when its all so easy to see through.

Bang on the money Hamzy! This is them saying ‘we know we’ve had your pants down for the past 2 years but we promise we wont screw you next year’. **** off!

• Liamooo
    1066 posts Professional
    So that tweet a few months ago prompting AI changes was nothing short of a lie. The servers fix was a huge lie too and they have the audacity to lie again.

Big no from me, I wanted the game I’ve paid for fixed not one I haven’t purchased and never will.
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I'm reading all the feedback here - thanks for your thoughts!

To address some of the posts.

I think calling it a sales pitch is a little harsh. I understand the sentiment but if you think about the timing it's not really what the purpose of this article was for.

Generally there is an announcement for the next FIFA game made with a trailer, with further details usually coming a bit later (think Gamescom) with more details perhaps coming out a little before launch / around beta.

This time we've come out and been open about what we're looking to do far in advance. If anything if you think this puts you off buying the game then it's anything but a sales pitch, it's an open and honest communication. If you don't like the direction the game is going then you've had the information far in advance of having to purchase a new game.

I know it might not seem like it, but getting this info out so far in advance is a big step for us, and I hope it's something that can continue.

As for feedback not being listened to - we always listen to feedback but not everything that is fed back will be implemented - sometimes it's just not possible, sometimes there are other factors at play which stop us doing it, and sometimes the developers might have a particular vision for the game.

Goalkeeper movement and timed finishing are obviously the big talking points here and we'll continue to listen to the feedback and tweak where necessary but until people have had a chance to try with the changes it's hard to talk about this any more.

Ultimately for me there are a lot of positive changes in this article, things that have been asked about A LOT. I get the frustration that they aren't being implemented in 19 but again, we wanted to be open and honest about that.

As always - appreciate the feedback and conversation, keep it constructive and on-topic, it's been good so far.
  • Orison
    50067 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    The best part is that nobody knows who these pros were that tested the new goalkeeper movement and liked it.

Literally all of them want it removed completely. Asked a few people in the German and english pro communities, even ones from Holland and NA, nobody knows anyone who went there.

It's either made up or they picked pros so far down the order that they aren't even considered pros anymore (unlikely imo) or they simply invited more content creators who are also "signed" to an organisation (aa9 skillz for example) and called them pros which would be deceiving to say the least.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    I'm reading all the feedback here - thanks for your thoughts!

To address some of the posts.

I think calling it a sales pitch is a little harsh. I understand the sentiment but if you think about the timing it's not really what the purpose of this article was for.

Generally there is an announcement for the next FIFA game made with a trailer, with further details usually coming a bit later (think Gamescom) with more details perhaps coming out a little before launch / around beta.

This time we've come out and been open about what we're looking to do far in advance. If anything if you think this puts you off buying the game then it's anything but a sales pitch, it's an open and honest communication. If you don't like the direction the game is going then you've had the information far in advance of having to purchase a new game.

I know it might not seem like it, but getting this info out so far in advance is a big step for us, and I hope it's something that can continue.

As for feedback not being listened to - we always listen to feedback but not everything that is fed back will be implemented - sometimes it's just not possible, sometimes there are other factors at play which stop us doing it, and sometimes the developers might have a particular vision for the game.

Goalkeeper movement and timed finishing are obviously the big talking points here and we'll continue to listen to the feedback and tweak where necessary but until people have had a chance to try with the changes it's hard to talk about this any more.

Ultimately for me there are a lot of positive changes in this article, things that have been asked about A LOT. I get the frustration that they aren't being implemented in 19 but again, we wanted to be open and honest about that.

As always - appreciate the feedback and conversation, keep it constructive and on-topic, it's been good so far.

Community in 19: We don't want GK movement and timed finishing

EA: We are tweaking it, you dont know until you try it.

Community in 20: We dont want GK movement and timed finishing.

EA: oh its too hard to change it now. Fifa 21 will be great.