So now that the patent is out...are we allowed to discuss it? Or will EA close every thread?

Comments

  • DjR0nny81
    72 posts Park Captain
    Destin8or wrote: »
    Don't need to be a genius and understand every aspect of something just to have a conversation about it.

    A very simple way to discuss this, without being a programming genius, is to simply ask the question..... Is there any kind of automatic or dynamic difficultly applied at any point during online competitive play in FIFA 19?
    Seems like a yes or no answer would be somewhere to start.

    Anyone about at EA to answer this simple question?

    Do we not deserve an answer?

    How should we interpret the damning silence from official channels?

  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    Some of you guys are utterly insane.

    Imagine slating ea and talking about their incompetence at any given moment while claiming that ea can code the perfect scripting/momentum mechanic at the same time.

    Never seen people contradicting themselves so much. Complete hypocrits just desperately trying to back their subjective point :joy:

    No.
  • Orison
    50111 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Some of you guys are utterly insane.

    Imagine slating ea and talking about their incompetence at any given moment while claiming that ea can code the perfect scripting/momentum mechanic at the same time.

    Never seen people contradicting themselves so much. Complete hypocrits just desperately trying to back their subjective point :joy:

    No.

    Expected nothing less from you.
  • Devin85
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think DDA is not only already implemented in fifa, but it's also not limited to a specific match.
    I mean you know those long losing streaks when your mega team plays like a bronze squad while ALL your opponents are flying on the pitch....then all of a sudden it goes back to normal. Or those winning streaks when you win every tackle, every rebound goes your way, and every shot goes in ?? and you win 10-15 games in a row effortlessy ?
    I'm sick of hearing it's because of "connection"....

    Imagine people are changing their ISP's,buying Netdumas,Netgears and so on because of this stuff!
  • Orison
    50111 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Imagine going on any sort of losing streak and thinking it's not because of your own shortcomings.
  • madwullie
    5184 posts Big Money Move
    When I read this about a year ago it only spoke about single player games. Not sure it this is still the case.
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Bags wrote: »
    You play the game right Andy? Are you honestly saying you have never thought “it does t want me to win this game”? Honestly? Not after that 4th crossbar? Or that impossible to clear it feeling?

    I've come across bugs and the like before and it's frustrating for sure.

    For 99.9999% of the time though I don't tend to blame my losses on anything other than the fact I made a mistake, the other person was just better or made more of the correct calls.

  • SomeNextGuy
    3195 posts National Call-Up
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Bags wrote: »
    You play the game right Andy? Are you honestly saying you have never thought “it does t want me to win this game”? Honestly? Not after that 4th crossbar? Or that impossible to clear it feeling?



    For 99.9999% of the time though I don't tend to blame my losses on anything other than the fact I made a mistake, the other person was just better or made more of the correct calls.

    Oh dear, this won't end well.
  • Destin8or
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Bags wrote: »
    You play the game right Andy? Are you honestly saying you have never thought “it does t want me to win this game”? Honestly? Not after that 4th crossbar? Or that impossible to clear it feeling?

    I've come across bugs and the like before and it's frustrating for sure.

    For 99.9999% of the time though I don't tend to blame my losses on anything other than the fact I made a mistake, the other person was just better or made more of the correct calls.

    And there we have the end of the discussion.
    This guy won't or can't give any answers.
  • Orison
    50111 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Bags wrote: »
    You play the game right Andy? Are you honestly saying you have never thought “it does t want me to win this game”? Honestly? Not after that 4th crossbar? Or that impossible to clear it feeling?

    I've come across bugs and the like before and it's frustrating for sure.

    For 99.9999% of the time though I don't tend to blame my losses on anything other than the fact I made a mistake, the other person was just better or made more of the correct calls.

    @EA_Andy
    I mean there are games in which you get unlucky for sure.

    Games in which you miss 5 easy green timed shots.

    But that's rng and we all know rng is in fifa. Only when it stops being random and is specifically targeted at you, then it becomes scripting. And that is not the case imo.
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Bags wrote: »
    You play the game right Andy? Are you honestly saying you have never thought “it does t want me to win this game”? Honestly? Not after that 4th crossbar? Or that impossible to clear it feeling?

    I've come across bugs and the like before and it's frustrating for sure.

    For 99.9999% of the time though I don't tend to blame my losses on anything other than the fact I made a mistake, the other person was just better or made more of the correct calls.

    You must have the mentality of a saint and a strong pair of EA blinkers on.

    Or maybe it’s just part of your contract.
  • Recoba
    4152 posts National Call-Up
    If this was true how does Bateson gets 30-0 every week?
  • Gingerbread
    238 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Bags wrote: »
    You play the game right Andy? Are you honestly saying you have never thought “it does t want me to win this game”? Honestly? Not after that 4th crossbar? Or that impossible to clear it feeling?

    I've come across bugs and the like before and it's frustrating for sure.

    For 99.9999% of the time though I don't tend to blame my losses on anything other than the fact I made a mistake, the other person was just better or made more of the correct calls.

    Andy watch this one video. Is EA aware the ball can teleport through a player foot? And defenders run away from the ball for no reason?. It's a short video you guys at EA should watch. There many other examples of other bugs and terrible gameplay at this channel. Ignore the rantings, the bad gameplay ( scripting?) and bugs need fixing.

  • Matinxos
    47 posts Park Captain
    Recoba wrote: »
    If this was true how does Bateson gets 30-0 every week?

    Spend tones of $ and play half of year with best icons vs simple gold teams. Even with gameplay at its worst, its still doable.
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    Recoba wrote: »
    If this was true how does Bateson gets 30-0 every week?

    Well he doesn’t. But he consistently does well by abusing broken game mechanics.
  • Antiversum
    5793 posts Big Money Move
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Bags wrote: »
    You play the game right Andy? Are you honestly saying you have never thought “it does t want me to win this game”? Honestly? Not after that 4th crossbar? Or that impossible to clear it feeling?

    I've come across bugs and the like before and it's frustrating for sure.

    For 99.9999% of the time though I don't tend to blame my losses on anything other than the fact I made a mistake, the other person was just better or made more of the correct calls.

    While I think It's true that gaming community overestimates themselves regularly regarding skill I truly wonder why whe have the ball going through numerous parts of the body or posts for years. Sometimes the hitbox says foot touched ball so pass is ok when replay clearly shows that there was half a meter in between.

    I know hitboxes are not an easy thing to code (hence they are boxes instead of proper bodyshapes) but in this regard there obviuosly was no incentive to work on for years. A lot of "stupid goals" would have never been scored if this would work at least better (not perfect, but at least better).
  • Gingerbread
    238 posts Sunday League Hero
    Recoba wrote: »
    If this was true how does Bateson gets 30-0 every week?

    When you running around with full Icon team, you less likely to notice terrible gameplay. Icon teams are overpowered compared to majority of teams.
  • Nodge86
    1306 posts Professional
    Recoba wrote: »
    If this was true how does Bateson gets 30-0 every week?

    Patent seems to say it can react to individual users past data. So it doesn’t seem difficult to have some users effected and some not.
  • Ishibum
    13030 posts Has That Special Something
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Bags wrote: »
    You play the game right Andy? Are you honestly saying you have never thought “it does t want me to win this game”? Honestly? Not after that 4th crossbar? Or that impossible to clear it feeling?

    I've come across bugs and the like before and it's frustrating for sure.

    For 99.9999% of the time though I don't tend to blame my losses on anything other than the fact I made a mistake, the other person was just better or made more of the correct calls.

    Change the game to Apex Legends or that and this is my mindset. In FIFA though, I have had so many games that have swung one way or another and it has been down to shots and passes going nowhere near where they were aimed by the player. Now the concept of there being an underlying mechanic that adapts that randomness is what some people lose it over (and is what closes threads), but even without that, there is still far too much random weirdness that goes on (again, I'll refer back to the replays we all have that show the arrow going one way and the ball going another).

    I just want a game of football that I can play with my mates without anything other than our respective abilities determining the outcome (bragging rights are important :lol: )
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    Recoba wrote: »
    If this was true how does Bateson gets 30-0 every week?

    Patent seems to say it can react to individual users past data. So it doesn’t seem difficult to have some users effected and some not.

    Yeah if you spend £100,000, your account doesn’t get manipulated. In fact you get the advantage all the time 👍
  • Devin85
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Recoba wrote: »
    If this was true how does Bateson gets 30-0 every week?

    Artificially created by EA!So when you loose your all hope they can point to them and say:"See!?They can do it so you can do it to,just go buy fifa points for 10 000$ to get a competitive team!"
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    Destin8or wrote: »
    Don't need to be a genius and understand every aspect of something just to have a conversation about it.

    A very simple way to discuss this, without being a programming genius, is to simply ask the question..... Is there any kind of automatic or dynamic difficultly applied at any point during online competitive play in FIFA 19?
    Seems like a yes or no answer would be somewhere to start.

    @EA_Andy To be honest, every comment here is irrelevant. This is what needs answering before discussion goes any further. Does gameplay or difficulty or whatever you want to term it change depending on certain circumstances, previous wins, scorelines etc?

    Community needs that answer.

    Go 2-0 up and you get your answer!
  • Orison
    50111 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    Recoba wrote: »
    If this was true how does Bateson gets 30-0 every week?

    Patent seems to say it can react to individual users past data. So it doesn’t seem difficult to have some users effected and some not.

    Yeah if you spend £100,000, your account doesn’t get manipulated. In fact you get the advantage all the time 👍

    And the people who don't spend anything or barely spend anything and still grind out the 30-0s?

    It's as laughable as a red list.
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Bugayoko wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    K_OZ wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »

    Multiple developers have been asked this in interviews and have talked about it and said it's not a thing in FIFA so it's not me denying it, I'm just telling you what has been said.

    That is too easy. You are the Community Manager, so you should know more.

    More than the developers who make the game? Not sure many people know more than them.

    Just because the developers haven’t said something doesn’t mean it isn’t true? They are hardly going to reveal something which makes them look bad.

    And this comment is basically where the issue lies with allowed this discussion and why it's removed. It will go round and round in circles.

    It doesn't matter how many times handicap, scripting, or anything similar is confirmed as not in the game by the people who make the game, people still want to believe that's not true.



    So Andy... I have only one question for you...

    If our Ronaldo/Random player with 99 finishing-composure-etc...

    Shoot to an empty net... With us aiming exactly in the middle, with the right power ... AND THE BALL GOES OUT...

    How should we call this thing ... Bad luck?

    Could be a bug, could be something that the gameplay team needs to adjust, could be non-manual settings, could be lots of things.

    But what is isn't is the game purposely trying to make you lose.

    And this is exactly that missing communication that leads to conspiracy theories.

    I've said it several times, just shutting down threads and ignoring the issues just feeds those theories.

    I mean you can still close down the thread, but don't relate to forum rules. Just close it with a generic message like: "S/M/H isn't in the game, what you're experiencing isn't on purpose and we'll be trying to address the issues/bugs".

    It isn't the fact that communication is being shut down that's the problem, it's how it is communicated. Right now it's not communicated at all, there is zero sense of transparency and/or acknowledgment of our problems/experiences with the game.

    That this kind of (non) communication just feeds mistrust and looks shady is of EA's own making.

    We, the community feel ignored und not understood.
  • Ishibum
    13030 posts Has That Special Something
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    Recoba wrote: »
    If this was true how does Bateson gets 30-0 every week?

    Patent seems to say it can react to individual users past data. So it doesn’t seem difficult to have some users effected and some not.

    Yeah if you spend £100,000, your account doesn’t get manipulated. In fact you get the advantage all the time 👍

    See, this tinfoil hat nonsense doesn't help the discussion at all. You want EA, the community folk, and the devs to talk to you, but throw madness like this. There are legit questions that can be asked but I know I wouldn't bother engaging with someone if they just threw out nonsense conspiracies.

This discussion has been closed.