So now that the patent is out...are we allowed to discuss it? Or will EA close every thread?

n2j2000
2244 posts Fans' Favourite
And try to cover it up and pretend it doesn’t exist? Just curious? I’m not going to mention what it’s about as I know the topic area is against the rules.

Comments

• Nodge86
    1306 posts Professional
    Going to get closed apparently. Shock.
  • FCBlunt
    2784 posts Fans' Favourite
    Patent?
  • _R9_
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Patent????
  • aladdin
    1105 posts Professional
    what the bloody hell are you talking about
  • Supermario911
    1241 posts Professional
    u wot m8
  • Darkwing1708
    1089 posts Professional
    Its confirmed last month.. keeps getting deleted on this forum. People are blind.
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its confirmed last month.. keeps getting deleted on this forum. People are blind.

Mind posting a relevant link, for all of us that have no clue what you’re talking about?
  • Darkwing1708
    1089 posts Professional

Mind posting a relevant link, for all of us that have no clue what you’re talking about?

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/481977/so-today-it-becomes-active#latest

This. But last month there wass more on reddit.
  • Nodge86
    1306 posts Professional

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20170259177A1/en
  • Viking_Beard
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    These threads are just gonna get shut down unless we have a “constructive conversation” 😂
  • n2j2000
    2244 posts Fans' Favourite
    It seems like EA are still trying to stop us from even discussing it even though it’s there. Just let us have an open conversation about it, why shut it down and censor it?
  • MHoney1234
    8458 posts League Winner
    Wow
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 29
    We will leave this one open for now but close the rest - there are no need for multiple threads about this, or for other threads to be derailed.

Here is my original post from this thread

"All that is confirmed is that there's a patent.

Unless you are working on this, the game or know how any aspects are specifically used (if at all) in any of our games then we are going to continue to close down conversations on this.

The issue isn't about discussing a patent, it's that no-one has the knowledge about it to fully discuss it in a constructive way.

It always slips into a non-constructive conversation and is used without knowledge of how any of this works. I include myself in this, it's way above my head.

If we have any official info to share on this then I will, but for now the stance will continue from before. I'm not going to let every thread turn into a discussion about this."
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    SinkXI wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    We will leave this one open but close the rest - there are no need for multiple threads about this, or for other threads to be derailed.

Unless you are working on this, the game or know how any aspects are specifically used (if at all) in any of our games then we are going to continue to close down conversations on this.

The issue isn't about discussing a patent, it's that no-one has the knowledge about it to fully discuss it in a constructive way.

It always slips into a non-constructive conversation and is used without knowledge of how any of this works. I include myself in this, it's way above my head.

If we have any official info to share on this then I will, but for now the stance will continue from before. I'm not going to let every thread turn into a discussion about this."

Do you ever close down multiple threads about other topics Which happens daily?? no.. the one topic that actually needs to be discussed as much as possible... gets swept under the carpet at your earliest convenience

For reasons I have stated in my post - generally no-one has the knowledge of how any of this works, they use it to argue in favour of a point they want to make, regardless of whether they know for sure that's how it works.

So no, I will not let every thread be derailed talking about this patent.
  • dabeags
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think 100% the game closes the gap between amazing teams and ok teams, which is unfortunate as the point of Ultimate Team is to build the Ultimate Team, so you should have a large advantage by doing so. It is becoming VERY apparent now when I come up against mostly Gold NIF teams and I lose with 27 shots with my Ibra-Best-FB Firmino are blasting everything wide and my opponent has 2 shots on goal from outside the box, both going upper 90.

Regardless, I'd imagine another thing this patent confirms is the idea that they are definitely adjusting pack weights per user in order to increase retention.
  • TheMightyBee
    2334 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's not that shocking is it? I mean we all play the game and notice moments that are very erm, fishy.
  • DukeAgain
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Isnt a patent something that is to protect the intellectual property of someone to stop others using something that is already in use?

In my experience if a company has applied for a patent then they are already using the thing they applied for!
  • SinkXI
    902 posts Semi-Pro
    SinkXI wrote: »
    We will leave this one open but close the rest - there are no need for multiple threads about this, or for other threads to be derailed.

Do you ever close down multiple threads about other topics Which happens daily?? no.. the one topic that actually needs to be discussed as much as possible... gets swept under the carpet at your earliest convenience

For reasons I have stated in my post - generally no-one has the knowledge of how any of this works, they use it to argue in favour of a point they want to make, regardless of whether they know for sure that's how it works.

So no, I will not let every thread be derailed talking about this patent.

I disagree mate, How do you know nobody has any knowledge if it can’t be discussed ? The fact that it does get closed down at every opportunity does certainly raise concerns.
  • DSM1988
    47 posts Park Captain
    It is in the patent which doesn't confirm its in the game it just means it could be. If it is in the game, there is no way by reading that patent that we could ever tell what modes it is in or what elements it affects. Unless someone up the chain at EA wants to say specifically how it impacts FIFA 19, then we're all none the wiser and still just guessing.

The narrative suggests it's to keep you playing longer...if a match was scripted in game, i.e. live, surely that makes me more likely to turn off?
This discussion has been closed.