Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    Put Petit back in midfield now, something about Rabiot he sometimes feels a bit stiff. Petit is like a bulldog too, never stops chasing and intercepting.

Also going to put Robben on the wing again. Pizzi is brilliant but Robben on the right cutting in onto his left is so good.
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    Seandimes wrote: »
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    yea, got Trapp. Could have been worse I guess

Could it?

thats what I am telling myself :D At least he is high rated, could have been Kampl

Yeh fair point lol
  • Dsteve007
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Dsteve007 wrote: »
    Was about to post this team and ask for suggestions. But just read the interesting 442 piece by @EisenErmin . IS De Rossi to defensive for this formation? I'll post my team but I sub out belloti or ibra. Costa is only a temp fix till serie a tots. I have 800k to spend

0XQLShF.jpg

The midfield of De Rossi and Matuidi is really not that great to be honest. While Matuidi is a box to box CM, he is one footed and will cost you lots of shooting opportunities. De Rossi could work if pared with a more attacking CM. IF Naingollan would be a decent partner, but he has 3 star weak foot (still better than matuidi) SBC Hamsik would be great in this formation next to de Rossi.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a naingollan in the club. I'll give it a try later. Yea regretting not doing hamsik now. Ha

• IAIK7
    edited May 2019
    I think I might hold off FB Muller in the hopes of a TOTS/FB WBY. If they do release him, I'd sell Prime Raul and put WBY and Eusebio up front. I think two 5* wf strikers would cause havoc.
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2019
    Got TOTS Kimmich from the SBC. I was so hyped when I was German and RB as I was expecting Da Costa but I can’t complain about Kimmich as he’s 95 rated I guess.

Actually he doesn’t look all that bad either, might give him a try as he has a perfect link with Goretzka.
  • Seandimes
    3452 posts National Call-Up
    I think I might hold off FB Muller in the hopes of a TOTS/FB WBY. If they do release him, I'd sell Prime Raul and put WBY and Eusebio up front. I think two 5* wf strikers would cause havoc.

With the tots prices this year, I am actually hoping he doesnt get into the regular TOTS, and gets some kind of SBC instead
  • Nivaze

With the tots prices this year, I am actually hoping he doesnt get into the regular TOTS, and gets some kind of SBC instead

Yup, I was just thinking that the other day. He’ll be 1m+ easily if he’s tradeable but if he gets a SBC we can put the price down with untradeables and he will be alot cheaper.
  • IAIK7
    edited May 2019

Exactly the same reason why I was happy that Goretzka didn't make the squad. A WBY SBC will be around 550-700k. If he's on the market, expect 1.5m+.
  • Nivaze
    After looking into Kimmich abit more he actually looks really solid.

He looks alot like Florenzi when it comes to the offensive side and he has great defensive stats.

His pace is a little low but he has 90 acceleration and it’s nothing a shadow can’t fix. His H/L workrates are abit annoying but as I’ve played with 84 Kurzawa for a very long time I’m not too worried about it.

I’d be crazy to pay nearly 400k for Da Costa if I have Kimmich tho. He also could play CM or even RM, for 90k I really can’t complain.
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    Nivaze wrote: »

He looks alot like Florenzi when it comes to the offensive side and he has great defensive stats.

His pace is a little low but he has 90 acceleration and it’s nothing a shadow can’t fix. His H/L workrates are abit annoying but as I’ve played with 84 Kurzawa for a very long time I’m not too worried about it.

I’d be crazy to pay nearly 400k for Da Costa if I have Kimmich tho. He also could play CM or even RM, for 90k I really can’t complain.

I bought Kimmich earlier today for 350K and i really like him so far as i have him join my attack anyway, so i need a fullback who is capable of doing so.
  • Nivaze

I bought Kimmich earlier today for 350K and i really like him so far as i have him join my attack anyway, so i need a fullback who is capable of doing so.

Good to hear, looking forward to use him.
  • Chalmo
    863 posts Semi-Pro

Good to know too. I wanted to use him as well to link him to Goretzka.
    Now I don't really know who to use as RM. I currently use TOTS Gnabry. Which is OK but not great. I guess Sancho would be better. His Future Stars I mean because I can't fund its TOTS. Not much choice out there...

I'm running this and still have 2.5M in the bank to do tradding until Ultimate TOTS:

Prime Raul (SBC) - Bernardo Silva TOTS (untradable)
    Sané IF - Wijnaldum TOTS - Goretzka TOTS - Gnabry TOTS
    Salah BD (untradable) - Van Dijk 85 - PIM Blanc (SBC) - Walker (untradable)
    Lloris

My main objective is to get Reus which is one of my favorite players and Lacazette.
    Improve the version of Leroy Sané.
    A replacement for Gnabry maybe Sancho FS.
    Kimmich instead of Walker but I don't want to use a lot of credits on this position. I prefer to put the coins on the attacking players.

I'm open to any suggestion :)

Cheers
  • EisenErmin
    Chalmo wrote: »

Now I don't really know who to use as RM. I currently use TOTS Gnabry. Which is OK but not great. I guess Sancho would be better. His Future Stars I mean because I can't fund its TOTS. Not much choice out there...

I'm running this and still have 2.5M in the bank to do tradding until Ultimate TOTS:

Lloris

My main objective is to get Reus which is one of my favorite players and Lacazette.
    Kimmich instead of Walker but I don't want to use a lot of credits on this position. I prefer to put the coins on the attacking players.

Cheers

Get TOTS Doherty as RB instead of Walker. He is so so much better and not that expensive. In fact he is one of my favorite fullbacks and i tried a lot of them including the realy expensive ones.
  • Chalmo
    863 posts Semi-Pro

Lloris

Cheers

Get TOTS Doherty as RB instead of Walker. He is so so much better and not that expensive. In fact he is one of my favorite fullbacks and i tried a lot of them including the realy expensive ones.

Yes thanks for the suggestion, I might give him a try but I'm not sure he will on full chem. And as I said, the RB position is not my main concern at the moment :)
  • limjitwe
    9999 posts Has That Special Something
    @Chalmo

How do you find TOTS Bernardo Silva? I’m considering using him on the right wing and shift Mbappe as striker. I know his dribbling is smooth, does he feel “fast”?
  • Nivaze

Lloris

Cheers

I’m the same as you when it comes to the backline/fullbacks, I just don’t like to spend on them. I prefer to spend on the attack and midfield because that’s just more fun.

There’s plenty of good “cheap” fullbacks now which wont eat up all your coins, I guess.
  • Shadows070
    19 posts Ball Boy
    limjitwe wrote: »
    @Chalmo

How do you find TOTS Bernardo Silva? I’m considering using him on the right wing and shift Mbappe as striker. I know his dribbling is smooth, does he feel “fast”?

I got Bernardo untradable. At first i wasnt planning on using him. Now having played 3/4 days with him as my striker on the right i can say he performs amazing.

I have Salah 90 in red. Ilove mbappe as my striker on the right, but now im thinking of keep B. Silva on that spot and use salah as my right winger.

He always finds the right spot to be at when in front of the goal and bangs them in. He is strong and is perfect when cutting inside. Trust me he is fast, i prefer him at the moment as my striker but he could be a really good winger.
  • limjitwe
    9999 posts Has That Special Something
    Shadows070 wrote: »
    @Chalmo

I got Bernardo untradable. At first i wasnt planning on using him. Now having played 3/4 days with him as my striker on the right i can say he performs amazing.

I have Salah 90 in red. Ilove mbappe as my striker on the right, but now im thinking of keep B. Silva on that spot and use salah as my right winger.

He always finds the right spot to be at when in front of the goal and bangs them in. He is strong and is perfect when cutting inside. Trust me he is fast, i prefer him at the moment as my striker but he could be a really good winger.

That’s music to my ears. Now I’m hoping TOTS Mbappe is a striker with 97 rating. Then his TOTY should see a nice price drop. Then I’ll grab B Silva
  • Barda
    273 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2019
    For some reason I find box to box players (wijnaldum, florenzi, FB milinkovic-savic...) perform better as LM, RM than small winger/forward type players (hazard, sterling, neymar...)
  • Shadows070
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Barda wrote: »
    For some reason I find box to box players (wijnaldum, florenzi, FB milinkovic-savic...) perform better as LM, RM than small winger/forward type players (hazard, sterling, neymar...)

That why i love using Felipe Anderson
  • Shadows070
    19 posts Ball Boy
    @Chalmo

That’s music to my ears. Now I’m hoping TOTS Mbappe is a striker with 97 rating. Then his TOTY should see a nice price drop. Then I’ll grab B Silva

Im also planning on buying Mbappe and Felipe Anderson to use them as my strikers again. With the tots cards im getting i might change my mind but then again, trying out different combo's is what makes fifa fun.

• chaser2k15
    16692 posts World Class

Yeah I have found tots Silva very good at LM.
  • Shadows070
    19 posts Ball Boy
    chaser2k15 wrote: »

Yeah I have found tots Silva very good at LM.

ill give it a try tonight
  • Nivaze
    edited May 2019
    After using the 442 flat for a few days now I’m back to the 442(2). No idea why but it just works better for me, maybe because I’m so used to it. I’m just gonna play with the same tactics I hit E3 with a few weeks back till the end of FIFA I guess.

Kimmich is a beast btw, you can notice he’s not that quick but he feels like really good because of his dribbling stats and his positioning is great. I’m happy I got him now.
  • Shadows070
    19 posts Ball Boy
    After using the 442 flat for a few days now I’m back to the 442(2). No idea why but it just works better for me, maybe because I’m so used to it.

Kimmich is a beast btw, you can notice he’s not that quick but he feels like really good because of his dribbling stats and his positioning is great. I’m happy I got him now.

I have been using 4222 more ofton then 442(2) these past 2 weeks. Use the same player tactics, balanced defence and press after possesion loss for the attack.
  • Chalmo
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    After using the 442 flat for a few days now I’m back to the 442(2). No idea why but it just works better for me, maybe because I’m so used to it. I’m just gonna play with the same tactics I hit E3 with a few weeks back till the end of FIFA I guess.

" I’m just gonna play with the same tactics I hit E3 with..."

Which are the one on the first page?
  • EisenErmin
    After using the 442 flat for a few days now I’m back to the 442(2). No idea why but it just works better for me, maybe because I’m so used to it.

I have been using 4222 more ofton then 442(2) these past 2 weeks. Use the same player tactics, balanced defence and press after possesion loss for the attack.

The other way around :smile:
  • Nivaze

" I’m just gonna play with the same tactics I hit E3 with..."

Which are the one on the first page?

Slightly changed them to my own liking.

Balanced

Long ball

LM & RM get into box for crosses
    LB & RB on balanced but against any variation of 433 on stay back.
  • ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2019
    I'm using a mix of 442(2) at the moment for tactics.

I normally start the game off with drop back/long ball tactics, feels really direct

If I manage to score early with these tactics then I switch to balanced/balanced to take control of the game with more possession and passing options.

I also have the balanced/long ball and drop back/balanced options for other scenarios; sometimes the drop/back balanced works well with the higher defensive line and more passing options but not as direct as long ball.

All player instructions are the same apart from LM (ADP) as free role and ST (Cruyff) as False 9; If I bring on Bale at LM I use stay wide for him and occasionally if needing a goal bring Pizzi on in CDM but put him on stay forward and put my full backs on default.
  • Nivaze
    ASX wrote: »
    I'm using a mix of 442(2) at the moment for tactics.

I normally start the game off with drop back/long ball tactics, feels really direct

If I manage to score early with these tactics then I switch to balanced/balanced to take control of the game with more possession and passing options.

I also have the balanced/long ball and drop back/balanced options for other scenarios; sometimes the drop/back balanced works well with the higher defensive line and more passing options but not as direct as long ball.

All player instructions are the same apart from LM (ADP) as free role and ST (Cruyff) as False 9; If I bring on Bale at LM I use stay wide for him and occasionally if needing a goal bring Pizzi on in CDM but put him on stay forward and put my full backs on default.

Yeah, that’s why I like longball so much, it’s very direct as you said. I’m too impatient to just pass, pass and pass, I just like really quick direct attacks.